eBay Employee Reviews in United States

eBay
Tier 1 Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 9, 2016
Good people working there, management is decent and willing to help with some situations. Will not help when you request for extra training.
Pros
Competitive wages, good hours.
Cons
Training sometimes is lacking
All they cared about was production not their employees
Outbound Clerk (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYMarch 8, 2016
Typical day at work was packing and shipping out orders for customers such as clothes, jewelry, books and dvds.
The easiest part of my job was the process of getting packaged, the hardest part was making the numbers because if you were just off by 2% they were on you to fix it that second
I loved my co-workers and my lead great to work with.
Pros
45 minute lunches
Cons
Never knew if and when you were going to be let go, Numbers they expected were sometimes impossible
Energetic, fast based, eCommerce leader
Senior Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 5, 2016
Fast paced, challenging, great employees and people to work with.
eCommerce expert and leader. Great satisfaction when accomplishments are met.
Fun place to work! Not great as a contractor
Executive Talent Engagement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 1, 2016
I worked with the Global Talent arm of eBay. Lots of fun, but to be promoted you will have to stay there for 3+ years.

But, there are lots of fun things! Pool table, soccer games, gym close by, super cheap breakfast. It is also incredibly close to the FrontRunner station if you are commuting from Downtown.
Adventure
Fulfillment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAFebruary 23, 2016
Environment built on the buddy system. The work isn't hard but requires patience. Outside of peak season full time associates rarely get enough hours to support their families.
All skills that included Microsoft, scheduling, and conference calls were learned while there.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the politics and favoritism. Hard working employees with the skill and knowledge are always looked over for promotions because of the new management team.
Benefits
Cons
Wages/ Retaliation
Fun and Diverse
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2016
This is a great place to work with many benefits! The environment is very diverse and there is advancement opportunities!
Pros
Free break room vending
Able to work at my own pace and on my own time.
Ebay Sales (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 14, 2016
Able to work from home on my own time at my own pace.
Begin and end the day when I needed to.
Able to take time off when needed.
Work alone.
Great Culture, but communication needs work.
Team Leader III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 11, 2016
I enjoyed my time there, the people are great. The communication of change needs some work. You always find stuff out after the fact.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Needs better compensation
Nice place to be at
Global Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 10, 2016
Great company to work for. Talent acquisition is done very carefully and made sure that the right person is hired for the job.
10yrs. experience as an eBay seller
EBAY STORE OWNER (Current Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 10, 2016
I have enjoyed owning my own eBay store going on 11 years now.

Having said that, I do not recommend anyone become an eBay seller if they dislike being subjected to rejection, harassment and false accusations of selling faulty products. One can expect to defend their store from manipulative buyers. This business is not for everyone.

On a positive note, the reason I gave myself a 5 star rating in every category is because my store has earned the right to each one of those stars. It has been a rough ride but somehow I've survived the challenges along the way. Much blood, sweat, and tears were shed many times over.

I have been awarded the prestigious title of Top rated Seller for several years in a row. In 2015 I had over $160,00 in sales. I am proud of that achievement but even more, I am proud of the positive customers service experience which I strive to give each and everyone of my customers. I will always live by the Golden Rule.
Pros
Never a boring moment with the potential to make a good income.
Cons
Ebay is buyer friendly only, Does not allow sellers to defend any negative feedback given by customers, One negative feedback can destroy an eBay store.
Free Drinks
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 1, 2016
Great Benefits, not much room for advancement. The culture and employees are great. Management seemed unable to learn from previous mistakes.
Flexible hour and no one above me
Owner of eBay Store (Current Employee) –  Lawton, MIJanuary 29, 2016
Hours are great. great relationship with customers. the hardest part of is the peak season. Best part is that I'm working from home so I can spend more time with my family.
Pros
I make my own hours
Cons
There is a peak season (as there is for most resale business)
Best Job Ever
Resolution (Former Employee) –  Richwood, KYJanuary 26, 2016
Good clean environment.. A very good job with good pay and great benefits. A lot of nice people and it wasn't to hard of a job at all
Great
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 23, 2016
Days were smooth, Typical clerical employment management was professional coworkers were great . The hardest part was seeing sick patients and not being able to personally help. most enjoyable was Loving what i did and making money while doing it .
stressful work and enviroment
Picker / Packer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 19, 2016
tough physical demand on every day shift. takes a toll on the body from day to day and requires an extra insole for both shoes
Free soda and bagels
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 16, 2016
They had free Soda and Bagels. Can't beat that. Some customers were difficult, and sometimes the job was hard. Management were jerks a lot of the time, but the little people were usually nice.
Pros
free bagels and soda
Cons
management
Very fun and exciting workplace with great incentives
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 14, 2016
The main thing I learned was how to work well with others who have a different background or upbringing than I had. The hardest part of the job was learning to pack with precision while maintaining a certain level of speed at the same time.
A great work experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 13, 2016
This work environment is one of the most friendly, and organized environments I have had the pleasure of working in. The employees there were always very helpful and understanding. I couldn't of asked for a better work experience.
seller for out side agency
coordinator (Former Employee) –  onlineJanuary 13, 2016
I did sales threw an out source agency of drop stock items and bulk sale items. Managed my own business seller accounts and made my own hours. Great company to work for and sale threw.
Excellent group of people to work with.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Wish I would have stayed with eBay longer but as a contractor it didn't seem possible. I loved the GL team especially my management staff. They were a great group of people.