eBay

eBay Employer Reviews

Fun workplace
Customer Service/Tech Support (Former Employee), Draper UtahJuly 28, 2013
Ebay was a fun workplace that allowed associates to help customers.
Fun to work from home
Business Owner (Former Employee), Missoula, MTJuly 26, 2013
Pros: stayed at home
Cons: liked to shop to much on-line
I got to work my own hours. Great, since I had small kids at home.
Swing shift was not so fun
CW Team Member (Former Employee), Draper, UTJuly 23, 2013
Monitored auctions for violations. Created macros to automate process.
Productive and fun place to work
Central Tools Support Analyst-ecommerce (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules, travel, parties, work from home
Cons: compensation, benefits
Working at GSI/ebay was a pleasure. Everyone had the same motto "Work hard, play hard"...We got alot of work done, but also had a great time. We all worked in teams, so if you didn't know how to do something, there was always someone you could go to to help you out. Every year the company threw a huge party to show appreciation to all the hard workers.
Easiest Site to sell on
Salesperson (Current Employee), FloridaJuly 16, 2013
Pros: cheap seller fees, automated shipping
Cons: customer support can be kind of shotty
I was always intimidated by ebay, but once you get started, you cant stop! It is way too easy to sell there and everything down to the packing weight is automated for most products
Very reliable source of income and a fun way to make money.
Seller (Current Employee), Ashland, KYJuly 14, 2013
Pros: sell what you love, achieve 100% positive feedback, earn as much as you like.
Cons: some buyers like to try scamming you.
If you like to be your own boss Ebay is the place for you. I enjoy collecting and selling Sports Cards. I get a sense of joy by giving my customers what they want and getting their cards to them quickly. My 100% positive feedback shows my accomplishments on Ebay!
Very reliable
Salesman (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2013
I've sold hundreds of products a year and managed to earn a decent living off it.
Productive and fun work place
CUSTOMER CONSULTANT (Former Employee), manila , PhilippinesJuly 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, health care
i have enhance my skills , and i see that team work and customer satisfaction is important ....
Easy Money
Seller (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJune 29, 2013
-Take out and set aside items to sell.
-Scan them or take photos with a digital camera
-Post them up on ebay
Where your opinions are valued
Central Project Management Office Intern (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 25, 2013
Pros: discounted lunch, free shuttle
A typical day at work is very productive. You work with team members who value your opinion and work towards the same common goal.
Overall positive experience
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee), Middle Island NYJune 6, 2013
Pros: work from home, flexible schedule
Cons: extremely long hours (by choice), inconsistent income, being a great salesperson does not guarantee income
This job enabled me to work from home which was a big benefit at the time.
Working from home gives me flexibility to be with my family
Store Owner (Current Employee), Simpsonville, SCJune 4, 2013
Pros: working from home
Cons: no steady income
My business has declined and infact ceased operations since the start of 2013. This is due to my sources changing their pricing and also my competition growing. I only sell high end electronics and games.
I learned E commerce from doing eBay seller. Doing eBay is one of the things that I most enjoyed in my free time.
Online Store Seller (Current Employee), Fremont,CAMay 25, 2013
It is valuable experiences from doing eBay, which I got to know a lot of business.
Great Environment
Cabling Technician (Former Employee), South JordanMay 21, 2013
Pros: unlimited beverages for employees
Great company learned a lot about infrastructure positive people
Excellent place to work
owner (Current Employee), vallejo,caApril 25, 2013
Pros: private owned
Cons: long days getting everything up an running
A typical day could start anywere from 2 a.m. to 8 a.m. just depends if someone is asking a question or ordering an item from are business. Since starting the the Ebay store I've learned how to deal with everybody needs an wants, also finding the best way to get the product to the customer if it's here in the Untied state or overseas, An as part owner – more... in the company the management part of the business is hard because it just you an no room for mistakes.An the the best part of the job is that it's my business, an i get to see how everything is run from finding product to purchase for the store, to picturing , to listing , an finally selling the item an shipping it. – less
Organized working environment
Ebay Helper Clerk (Former Employee), Stanwood, WAApril 24, 2013
Pros: shipping experience, problem solving
Cons: on call.
As a helper of Ebay I helped "iseaclear" with packaging, printing labels and managing how many items they had. I learned a lot about problem solving, organization and shipping out items. Management was fine they weren't around much. My co-workers were great people as well as very helpful. The most difficult part of my job was dealing with on call. I – more... had no time set for when to go to work. The most enjoyable part was having down time, organizing, keeping count and shipping out items. Overall, It's not a job I would like for a career but it was great experience. – less
This was a hobby I turned into a business
Power Seller (Former Employee), huntington beachApril 21, 2013
Ebay's guidelines and policies are not fair to sellers and are more geared to buyers.
Competitive, Rewarding
Salesman (Current Employee), FLApril 17, 2013
Selling is very competitive but rewarding. Its a risk at times trying to make a profit off items I buy for cheap, but more than half of the time I come off on top. Selling on eBay is a thrill.
Best company I've ever worked for; worst job I've ever had.
Business Rules Analyst (Former Employee), Draper UTApril 9, 2013
Pros: lax dress code, free soda, many private phone booths for private conversations, plenty of parking.
Cons: ability to make a positive difference was not possible.
eBay is a fabulous company to work for, the benefits are incredible. The ability to make change, roll out streamlined policy/procedure is not possible. Overall job satisfaction / happiness in the workplace was low for myself. This is the reason why I ultimately left the company.
Average
State Licensed Security Officer (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTApril 4, 2013
Pros: location, people pretty relaxed due to dress code.
Cons: stuffy management, respect for others dependant upon job title.
Ok but not place I would want to retire with. Management ok to work with but friendly and respectful to hand picked co-workers. Not the best employee morale.

About eBay

The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on – Read more