eBay Employee Reviews

Great Culture and Overall Fun Place to Work
Technical Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 16, 2016
I have found that the eBay culture is a unique one. Although the business has its flaws I would consider it one of the best opportunities that I have had.

I recommend them as a great place to work and enjoy what you do. They appreciate their employees and are always rewarding hard work.
Pros
Free soda, gym, fair compensation
Cons
It can be hard to move up in the company because the limited positions.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2016
Working at eBay wasn't terrible, but I don't agree that it's one of the best places to work in Texas. The managers were never there and training wasn't all that thorough.
you're just a number
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 9, 2016
better keep those metrics up. no one cares about anything else. great for somebody in dire need of a job, less so for anyone with an ounce of self respect.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Long breaks Air hockey Table and Good food
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 16, 2016
Come into work clock in head to the lunch room for breakfast. go outside for a little air then head into work. sit at the deck put on my head phones and start collecting calls. love helping a customer find their packages and tracking them. to help and customer will turn they day around great.. even a mad customer will turn happy...
Pros
Long breaks and Great management
Cons
N/A
Challenging and exciting
Burbank Sportscards (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 22, 2016
Working for Burbank Sportscards has taught me to treat each customer the same. Working the ebay department, and having to do daily emails, I thrived on making sure my customers would leave our company with a positive experience. Furthermore, the company's friendly environment helped me grow as a person for the past 10 years.
Pros
Health Plan
Cons
Repetitive
Intense and Overloaded
Vendor Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 30, 2016
Much work and pressure to get things done sooner than later.
And have it done correctly.

My co-workers are all great.

We had great perks (unlimited drinks and snacks,bagels days, free T-shirts, picnics, etc.)
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too much work and not enough compensation
Awesome
Onsite Technical Support Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 17, 2016
I really enjoyed my job. I was devastated when I was laid off. I worked as an on-site tech and they use an outsourcing company for these positions. They went with a new vendor and let the entire existing team go. I was told for months I would keep my job but in the end it didn't happen. Everything else about the job was awesome. They have an awesome atmosphere and lots of perks.
Not to bad
Packer (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYMay 3, 2016
Ebay isn't to bad to work for. The job itself can be very physical, but overall easy. Some of The management can be very questionable, and not very well with communication. Unless told to be from upper management. As for the rest of the work crew, we all get along well. You will face your typical drama starters, and favoritism.Though, those can be easily ignored. Many of us work as a team, and help each other out when possible. Overall Ebay has been a good place to work.
Pros
Co-workers, breaks, vacation time.
Cons
Favoritism
Productive, fun job with good people; stinky hours..Temporary.
Inventory; pick/pack (Former Employee) –  Richwood, KYMay 3, 2016
I absolutely loved the actual job i had and the people i worked with. The only problem i had with the job was the location was a little too far to only be making 9 dollars an hour, on top of being sent home within a couple hours because the job would be finished due to too many temps hired and not enough work. It stunk willing and wanting to work, and never being able to. company shows no interest in providing ways to move beyond the temp status no matter the willingness, efficiency, determination, nor time put into the company. also terrible raises, few and far between.
Pros
Fun, easy job with lots of moving, good people, nice hours.
Cons
No opportunity to grow, move up, go beyond "temp' status.
Fun work place
Online Shop Owner (Current Employee) –  Loganville, GANovember 5, 2016
I love eBay! I have had much success and met wonderful people from eBay. I would rate overall a safe and fun site to work with.

Want to know more about eBay?

Ask a question
Best internship experience
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 4, 2016
One of the best place to perform internship for software engineer (Machine Learning). The higher management pays a lot of attention towards interns. They have the best intern event
C2C Pioneer with evolution at its roots
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 2, 2016
Great company with startup culture and seasoned leadership team that is trying to reinvent itself in the ultra competitive but rapidly growing e-commerce market.
Pros
good work life balance, excellent benefits
Cons
the company has lost its edge and this is reflected in the talent it now attracts
Ebay Experience
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 1, 2016
My review on this job isn't a pleasant one. You sign up to do certain things and keep getting switched to do something different. Certain procedures aren't reasonable at all times.
Cons
Breaks Cancelled
Ebay selling
Listing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2016
I have been selling on eBay since it started. Then my company opened its own eBay business. Overall it was a productive business. At one point I had 5 people listing and 2 shippers.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Sr. SAS Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 31, 2016
Great place to work and good learning experience in terms of learning new technical tools like R, Tableau, Qlick View etc.
Overall gave an opportunity to grow
good workplace
Trainer, Packer, Gift wrapper, Custom blender (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 17, 2016
A typical workday at Ebay was packing or picking. You have to maintain a certain percentage each day. You learn the codes on the computer and the codes on the scanners if you are a picker. The co-workers are nice and good to get along with. The job is not hard at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to work and working with people you got along with and built relationships with. It makes the job much better because you can pack with one other employee in your pack station.
Pros
good coworkers, good benefits
Cons
pay is not good for the amount of work
great job
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 18, 2016
i worked overnight fulltime and the pay was about 11.25 per hour also if you worked overtime it was a time and a half
great supervisor
must be able to deal with angry customers and know how to work on a computer also must be quick
Pros
the pay, also job is not very difficult
Cons
overnight work, long hours, must be quick
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CA 91331September 12, 2016
Company was very flexible,fun, and had good benefits. My friendships are still here after so many years and thanks to this job.
Pros
overtime
Cons
agency
Fulfillment associate (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 13, 2016
Love working here. Down sides are the pay- pay raises are small, stress is high to get numbers, and favoritism is an ongoing problem with managers.
Easy to learn new jobs.
Management seems to change every few years...
Co-workers are great, everyone is willing to help out.
Pros
Steady shifts
Cons
point system sucks
CALL CENTER/ Work from home
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 10, 2016
Was good at what I did I am a great people person. It was a good place to work fast pace at times, but you get to talk to many different types of people and help them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay. Our community is ready to answer.