eBay Employee Reviews in United States

self paced work at home
Home Retail (Former Employee) –  Home BasedMarch 17, 2016
with ebay you can make whatever amount of money you wish. from selling items from your home, to shopping yard sales to find merchandise.
Fun and Diverse
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2016
This is a great place to work with many benefits! The environment is very diverse and there is advancement opportunities!
Pros
Free break room vending
fun and fast-paced
Executive Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 18, 2015
• Serve as one of the main points of contact for all executive-level candidates for eBay’s Executive Talent Acquisition team.
• Schedule and coordinate all phone and in-person interviews to include travel, special requests and interview team preparations.
• Host candidates on-site for interviews, and create a positive interview experience.
• Partner with eBay executives to facilitate communication across interviewing teams in development of interview scheduling and strategies.
• Work on complex international interview calendaring for high-profile eBay execs; to include interactions with support team.
• Work with eBay’s executive recruitment team to drive a differentiated candidate experience.
• Identify operational opportunities to increase efficiency of process and systems.
• Work as required on any additional support activities related to the closing of a candidate.
Great product exposure!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Novato, CAMarch 14, 2016
Can work remotely with great seller-buyer relations. Low overhead costs. Can operate on spare time. Complete inventory control.
its very productive and learning experience
CDNA (Customer DNA) (Current Employee) –  WAOctober 18, 2015
the best part of my job is there is a platform learning new technologies every day. its exciting and fun.

our mode of working is agile model and starts with daily scrum call where we discuss about the milestone achieved each day and the roadblocks. and then we would start up our day to day routine tasks based on the sprint plan.
Excellent group of people to work with.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Wish I would have stayed with eBay longer but as a contractor it didn't seem possible. I loved the GL team especially my management staff. They were a great group of people.
Able to work at my own pace and on my own time.
Ebay Sales (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 14, 2016
Able to work from home on my own time at my own pace.
Begin and end the day when I needed to.
Able to take time off when needed.
Work alone.
seller for out side agency
coordinator (Former Employee) –  onlineJanuary 13, 2016
I did sales threw an out source agency of drop stock items and bulk sale items. Managed my own business seller accounts and made my own hours. Great company to work for and sale threw.
Flexible, Fun pace, you will enjoy what you do.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lon Beach CAOctober 16, 2015
Flexible work schedule. Provide customer service. Some traveling. Sale what you think you can sell. Its great for single parents who need to be with their young children.
Pros
Flexability, you can work anywhere, icluding mobile.
Cons
Couldnt think of any, i have great experiences provideing excellent customer service.
Responsible for maintaining SharePoint platform and reporting/addressing any issues to entire legal team
SharePoint Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  santa claraOctober 22, 2015
Manage SharePoint service request and assign to IT team (off shore and on shore). Take requirement from the Business users and create a ticket in the SharePoint Ticket system and assign ticket to the SP ops team.
EBay is a great business online
Top rate Seller's partner (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 16, 2015
Working as a seller in EBay website brought me a lot of experience in terms of customer service, description, shipping, packing, the method of payment, and the pictures.
I had a good time working as a seller. EBay is always giving us wise advice to improve the sales.
I really enjoyed working in the EBay and was qualified as a top rate seller.
Pros
all easy way to sell collection items, payment method, to post the items, to enjoy research the collectors' items.
Cons
EBAy technical support are not easily accessible.
Productive and Fun Work Place in eBay Inc.
Information Security Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX and San Jose, CASeptember 27, 2015
Responsible and accountable for Global eBay Information Security Compliance, Risk Assessment and Audit Adherence.

Fun work place with decent amount of red tape and politics; however, it's glad to ensure each activity associated with every/multiple projects are successfully deliverable in timely manner.
Nice place to be at
Global Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 10, 2016
Great company to work for. Talent acquisition is done very carefully and made sure that the right person is hired for the job.
great place to make extra money
Owner and Operator of personal ebay account (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILOctober 15, 2015
very easy to learn and be youre own boss with this company and amazon. customer service is great too. you can sell items within minutes of listing them if youre price is right on there I believe ecommerce is the future of sales in general its truly an amazing experience
Free Drinks
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 1, 2016
Great Benefits, not much room for advancement. The culture and employees are great. Management seemed unable to learn from previous mistakes.
Fun place, nice building, free soda.
bilingual CSR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 1, 2015
Fun place, nice building, nice people. Poor management. They add more and more responsibilities for the same pay.

They have paid training, which is fun and even though it's a long process.

Recruiting process takes forever.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
bad management
nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  melbourne, floridaSeptember 2, 2015
Boston market was a nice environment to work with. A day at work wuld be every one getting along but all do doing our job duties and doing them right respect others and customers. The hardest part was really nothing if someone was not satisfy we would make it our job to make sure they were.
Ebay was a great place to work positive attitude positive people have people from all over calling it was great people were friendly and staff was always fun aware and there for us.
Work from home Paypal/EbayAgent
At Home Agent Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 31, 2015
Comfortable being at home. Very convenient for my schedule with the kids and after school activities. Enjoyed conversation with other while assisting them with there accounts online. My co-workers were in online chat and they were very supportive throughout the day with calls and tips on how to handle difficult calls. Its really hard not being able to resolve the customers issues.
Pros
Schedule was very Flexiable
Cons
Job Security
eBay is excellent
Seller (Current Employee) –  Pharr, TXDecember 11, 2015
eBay is great way for you to make money on the side or even turn into a full time job if you have the time. They have above average customer service and it's very easy to get started selling.
Pros
Self Employed
10yrs. experience as an eBay seller
EBAY STORE OWNER (Current Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 10, 2016
I have enjoyed owning my own eBay store going on 11 years now.

Having said that, I do not recommend anyone become an eBay seller if they dislike being subjected to rejection, harassment and false accusations of selling faulty products. One can expect to defend their store from manipulative buyers. This business is not for everyone.

On a positive note, the reason I gave myself a 5 star rating in every category is because my store has earned the right to each one of those stars. It has been a rough ride but somehow I've survived the challenges along the way. Much blood, sweat, and tears were shed many times over.

I have been awarded the prestigious title of Top rated Seller for several years in a row. In 2015 I had over $160,00 in sales. I am proud of that achievement but even more, I am proud of the positive customers service experience which I strive to give each and everyone of my customers. I will always live by the Golden Rule.
Pros
Never a boring moment with the potential to make a good income.
Cons
Ebay is buyer friendly only, Does not allow sellers to defend any negative feedback given by customers, One negative feedback can destroy an eBay store.