Eblens

Eblens Employee Reviews

Okay, no room for advancement
cashier/Sales associate/stocking (Former Employee), Brockton, MAMay 20, 2014
Not a terrible job, just doesn't have any real change. You will always find yourself doing the same thing week after week.
Hate This Place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Meriden, CTNovember 3, 2013
Pay is not to bad if you are management, but the benefits suck. The company "policies" change depending on who you talk to. The customers are among the rudest that I have ever had to deal with.
excellent place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MAAugust 7, 2013
great place...

friendly

easy to deal with home office

great environment

allowed you as store manager to operate independantly
Working cashier
Cashier (Current Employee), Brockton, MAMay 3, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: bad pay
A typical day at Eblens is quite wonderful. I go to work and do my job as in always smiling and keeping a positive vibe around me and satify customer needs to my fullest extent.
Shoe Supervisor
Shoe Supervisor (Former Employee), Meriden, CTMarch 28, 2013
I would aways start my day by making sure the inventory of shoes is up to date. I would handle all the shipping from the shoe department. I would work with the management and keep the shoe wall up to date. I would move the top selling shes to eye level and the others accordingly to how the sell. I would put the sale prices up on the shoes and sell as many as I can.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wethersfield, CTMarch 7, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of customer service, cashing out customers, and clean up at the end of the day. While I was there I learned how to manage the cash register. I also learned to deal with difficult customers and difficult situations. The management at the time was ok. The co-workers were outstanding! We always had a great time at work, I guess you can say we never had a dull moment. The hardest part of the job was when we would received a truck load of shipment. Also, when we would get those really tough customers. But the most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of the night because that was when we would just unwind and talk about all of the things that happened through out the day while we cleaned up the store.
Productive and fun place to work at
Assistant Store Manager, Unloader, loader (Former Employee), Wethersfield, CTFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: discounts on clothes and sneakers
Cons: not many
ive been at eblens since i was 16 and its been a great learning experience
Great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), East Hartford CTJanuary 2, 2013
Awesome staff. Great clothes and shoes. Fun place to work. Good sales.
I'll NEVER work there again
Cashier (Former Employee), Brockton, MAAugust 3, 2012
Pros: employee discount
Cons: rude customers, terrible management, treat you like a thief
Rude, know it all customers. Little to NO recognition from management or corporate. I was there 2 years and they refused to give me a raise...not a penny!!!
Fun workplace and easy going environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boston,MaMarch 7, 2012
Pros: good management, staff, workload is good also
Cons: base pay for associates
Eblens is a great starter job or part time job, the customers come in crowds or single and the merchandising keeps you very busy.
Productive places to work
Sales asscociate (Current Employee), Boston MA 02126February 25, 2012
Pros: good staff, managers and structure
Cons: too strict sometimes, managers expect too much sometimes
After a few years working for Eblens I have gotten a bit tired because I have learned everything up to this point. I can do anything from cashing out customers to getting shoes for customers to try on along with restock. I have enjoyed, learned and had fun working here.. still do but over time it becomes routine and you get tired unless you are really interested in working in retail.