Eblens Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Randolph, MAAugust 10, 2017
Eblens is a great place to work if you are into retail such as hot new fashion and sneakers. A typical day at work is based on customer service as well as upkeeping the stores appearance.
Pros
Discount on clothes and certain sneakers
Productive working place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Providence, RIJuly 29, 2017
EbLens was a great opportunity. It's very flexible for those in school and allows opportunities for those to step up and become apart of the management team. Merchandising was fun and allowed you to set up the clothing in a way that was organized but caught customers attention!
Fun place to work
Third Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTJune 6, 2017
This was a fun and relaxed place to work. There is always plenty to do and people to talk to. If you are into fashion and urban culture, this is definitely somewhere you can incorporate both into your work. There is also some room for creativity.
Pros
Optional Paid break
Cons
short breaks, attracts a lot of rough clients
Easy, Relaxed workspace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 4, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the customer interaction. On average you'd see about 70 people per day (usually fluctuates during holiday seasons), but the job is easy to learn.
Stressful
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMay 3, 2017
The customers were all different some were very nice and courteous while others were very stuck up and rude. The management was professional to a certain extent but overall I believe I was underpaid for everything i did.
Retail Family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTApril 25, 2017
Working at Eblens was definitely a lot of work. A sales associate does everything from the cleaning of the store to selling the merchandise. It is a typical retail job with a sense of family due to how small the company is. Everyone knows everyone.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTMarch 27, 2017
This was my first job. I liked it. Working in a sneaker store at a young age was great. I didn't agree with certain policies the company had then it came to sales.
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMarch 21, 2017
A work day at Eblens is an extremely fast paced and enjoyable time. Selling shoes and items of clothing is extremely difficult and definitely keeps you on your toes.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTDecember 8, 2016
I enjoyed working at Eblens because I have an interest in all types of shoes. My co workers were very respectful and if I had a question I knew they would help me.
Small organization, potential for growth
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Providence, RIDecember 7, 2016
Working at Eblens, I learned from all co workers from managers to part time employees. I learned patience, and how to run an effective team. Working in smaller stores allowed freedom of expression in merchandising and plenty of room for growth with the right motivation.
Pros
Variety of positions to grow into
Good but can be better
Third Key (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 25, 2016
It is a good first job where you can gain some valuable experience. Depending on the day their are many tasks to be completed and most of the time you are kept busy. Management is helpful and are open to new ideas to get tasks done. The co workers are usually younger so you take on the leader role as being a part of the management team helping the kids grow. The hardest part of the job is the overwhelming business on release days with limited staff hard to manage with the high volume of traffic. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you build.
Pros
gain experience
Cons
raise hard to come by
Fun work environment but hours are few and hard to come by
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 17, 2015
I only worked for 4 hours every few days but they was never lacking in activity. I learned how to restock shoes and clothing as well as how to pitch/sell shoes. I also learned how to process returns and take inventory. Management was very friendly and understanding but not the best at time management; we often left the store an hour after we were supposed to. My co-workers were excellent! They were very helpful and kind as well as personable. The hardest part of the job was being able to find and distribute shoes to multiple customers at the same time. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part was being able to talk to people al the time ann occasionally rushing around the store(I am not one for standing still and not being active in some way).
very productive retail store
sales assosiate / cashier (Former Employee) –  bridgeport, ctJuly 9, 2015
Eblens is a very busy retail store, makes plenty of sales and all employees work to give the best customer service skills under high stress
Pros
flexible schedule, always moving around
Cons
not enough hours per week
Fun work environment. Great culture and management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 6, 2015
AT work I spend my time helping customer, Stocking, restocking, maintaining cleanliness of my work area. The most recent thing that I have learned is how to retrieve shoes and call my sister store when we don't have a product.
Fun
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2014
Co-workers are very friendly. Hardest part about the job is rush of customers.
Okay, no room for advancement
cashier/Sales associate/stocking (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 20, 2014
Not a terrible job, just doesn't have any real change. You will always find yourself doing the same thing week after week.
Hate This Place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 3, 2013
Pay is not to bad if you are management, but the benefits suck. The company "policies" change depending on who you talk to. The customers are among the rudest that I have ever had to deal with.
excellent place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 7, 2013
great place...

friendly

easy to deal with home office

great environment

allowed you as store manager to operate independantly
Working cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 3, 2013
A typical day at Eblens is quite wonderful. I go to work and do my job as in always smiling and keeping a positive vibe around me and satify customer needs to my fullest extent.
Pros
discount
Cons
bad pay
Shoe Supervisor
Shoe Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTMarch 28, 2013
I would aways start my day by making sure the inventory of shoes is up to date. I would handle all the shipping from the shoe department. I would work with the management and keep the shoe wall up to date. I would move the top selling shes to eye level and the others accordingly to how the sell. I would put the sale prices up on the shoes and sell as many as I can.