EBS Healthcare Employee Reviews

Excellent. Well supported if you are a Clinical Fellow.
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 1, 2017
I feel very supported and respected as a clinical professional. The company does an amazing job as creating bonds and reaching out to employees about what they might need to be successful in their placement.
I have found a Home!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZMay 18, 2017
I am so proud to be a part of the EBS staff.
There are many learning opportunities and trainings available to in support of making sure that we have all the tools we need to be successful.
Pros
Support, Culture, Transparency
Cons
I had to wait until the end of my stay to find out my contract was not renewed.
Content Mastery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 26, 2017
I moved my entire life to Hawaii, which was very expensive, for what turned out to be a 9-month job. My contract was not renewed. While they paid for my flight back, moving costs were expensive. It was a good experience to teach in Hawaii but drained a lot of my personal savings to do so.
Pros
Hawaii was interesting and beautiful
Cons
EBS does a lot of decision-making behind the scenes.
productive workplace
private contractor Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaApril 18, 2017
EBS is a supportive company that delivers what they promises, find you good jobs, find you a place to live, and assist you in finding best way to get there and the closest apartment they can find to your place of work.
Pros
free CEUS
Cons
No pay when you didn't work as contractor
No work/life balance
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 9, 2017
"Human Resources" is a call center. Number of calls/day and length of time spent on the phone monitored daily. Required to stay late at night and come in on weekends.
Awesome company with helpful employees
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 2, 2016
This company is a school based company. They assisted me in relocating and are always there for me with any questions I have. EBS has orientations at the beginning of the school year and company events throughout the year for everyone to get together. Highly recommend working for this company.
Pros
Relocation assistance, availability, communicates effectively
Cons
Pay
Continued development, exciting and team oriented environment
Special Education Coordinator - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAAugust 10, 2016
The marriage between the human resources department and our training and development team was very fluid. We were in support of each of our team members and were there to help each other out on those not so fortunate days.

The management team was more than supportive and always available to teach us the next area that we needed to learn. The options for travel were wonderful and the availability to learn new markets nationwide was also very rewarding.

This company was by in large where my personal, professional development and skill set grew the most.
Summary
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 3, 2016
Great company to work for, very supportive of their therapists. Human resources is always their for you when needed. Staff is very supportive if you need it with paper work.
Professional group of people working toward a common goal.
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 13, 2016
Nice place to work, willing to work with you to solve problems and create creative solutions. Regional and local support is professional and fun.
Pros
Great regional and local support staff.
Cons
Healthcare and benefits.
dishonest and shady
Teacher (Current Employee) –  HINovember 5, 2015
EBS is great at giving lip service. They deceived me about my job, and don't supply needed materials to accomplish job. Things like books or other learning supplies that students need. They hire people without telling them there are several unpaid work days. They offer almost no support. Terrible company
Pros
Cons
no support, low wages
It is a great palce to work.
Contract-Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 25, 2015
The company offers CEU's to employees. HR reps are very helpful and nice. Supervisors are very knowledgeable of different topics.
Great Company
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 25, 2015
No complaints, still working for EBS Healthcare full time. Great employees, great benefits, and EBS takes pride in caring for their employees.
Honest and dependable company - opportunities for career growth
Itinerant Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Enjoyable school environments. The most enjoyable part of my day is touching lives of students as they inspire, motivate and teach me.
Pros
extensive support for clinicians, incentives, excellent HR representatives
throw you into jobs that are dire
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 16, 2015
they tried to help by interfacing with the staff at the school placement, but in fact seem to have no actual affect on the situation and may have made it worse at the level of the school site; they paid lower than the going rate; they appeared to have a lot of local assistance for the therapist, however, when I really needed the assistance, it was not easy to get; the recruiter made a lot of promises that were in fact inaccurate, for example: stay at the same school for the whole year (was in fact only for a few months), get paid for all hours worked (only get paid for 7 1/2 hours per day no matter what you work), that they will call you to check in with you regarding problems (recruiter only called about 3 out of 5 times they told me they would call).
Pros
a lot of work available
Cons
dire situations, placed into sites in which there is great difficulties, do not follow up with actual assistance
Quality company.
Speech-language pathologist MS, CCC-SLP (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2015
EBS did a great job initially getting me set up to start my career. They offered a variety of options and my recruiter was incredibly helpful and always available to chat. I've been assigned 3 different people from HR during my time with EBS which has been tough because I felt like I had made a great connection the first time and felt hat each subsequent HR staff member was less helpful.
Ebs
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2015
I started with EBS as an entry-level therapist. I signed on with EBS as they provided with the opportunity to travel after school and work within the field of pediatrics. EBS provided consistent support throughout my hiring process, and continues to provide support. In DC, continuing ed courses are provided free through the district. The one thing that was difficult coming in as an entry-level therapist was/is having to be the only therapist at the site.
Pros
phone support, travel opportunities
Cons
limited mentorship
great schedule
Early Intervention Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Concordville, PASeptember 29, 2014
fun to work with families in the home and provide education to families.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
not enough work
poor work ethics
SLP (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FLAugust 17, 2014
I worked for EBS for a grand total of 5 days. I was given a placement an hour from my home, and despite repeated attempts, they were unable to place me closer. This was in an area with a strong job market for SLPs, with jobs available. I found a job with another company that was a reasonable commute distance and gave the required notice. Two days later, I received a phone call from my recruiter that they had found a replacement that could start the next day, don't bother coming back except to turn in equipment. In essence, they gave 24 hour notice on this job. I would be wary of working for this company as it does not seem to be well organized in regards to field placement, and has no problem dumping their therapists with 24 hour notice. Of note, I did follow proper termination protocol, and did not do anything "fire-worthy" in the short 5 days I worked there. I have only heard great things about EBS, was excited to work for them, and left very disappointed.
Pros
company geared for SLPs with large borrowing library
Cons
poor management of placements
Fantastic company that cares for their employees and careers
Director of Application Development (Current Employee) –  PAJuly 7, 2014
I work in the corporate headquarters of EBS Healthcare and I'm continually impressed by the lengths the folks at EBS go to make things right for both our employees and our clients/customers. Whether it's addressing a question at odd hours or being on-site in a far away place at a moment's notice, EBS employees do what it takes to get the job done, time and time again. It is inspiring to come to work here every day with these fine people.
Pros
Great, hard-working and friendly employees.
Great company for Speech-Language Pathologists
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2014
This is a company with integrity who truly cares about their employees and the children they work with. EBS has been able to offer me a stable and supportive environment and the opportunity to grow as a professional. It is wonderful to work for a company not driven by the bottom line and one that provides support, mentorship, training and upper mobility. I have been able to make a difference internationally and have been to two other countries with EBS.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EBS Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.