EBS Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Summary
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 3, 2016
Great company to work for, very supportive of their therapists. Human resources is always their for you when needed. Staff is very supportive if you need it with paper work.
Professional group of people working toward a common goal.
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 13, 2016
Nice place to work, willing to work with you to solve problems and create creative solutions. Regional and local support is professional and fun.
Pros
Great regional and local support staff.
Cons
Healthcare and benefits.
dishonest and shady
Teacher (Current Employee) –  HINovember 5, 2015
EBS is great at giving lip service. They deceived me about my job, and don't supply needed materials to accomplish job. Things like books or other learning supplies that students need. They hire people without telling them there are several unpaid work days. They offer almost no support. Terrible company
Pros
Cons
no support, low wages
It is a great palce to work.
Contract-Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 25, 2015
The company offers CEU's to employees. HR reps are very helpful and nice. Supervisors are very knowledgeable of different topics.
Great Company
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 25, 2015
No complaints, still working for EBS Healthcare full time. Great employees, great benefits, and EBS takes pride in caring for their employees.
Honest and dependable company - opportunities for career growth
Itinerant Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Enjoyable school environments. The most enjoyable part of my day is touching lives of students as they inspire, motivate and teach me.
Pros
extensive support for clinicians, incentives, excellent HR representatives
throw you into jobs that are dire
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 16, 2015
they tried to help by interfacing with the staff at the school placement, but in fact seem to have no actual affect on the situation and may have made it worse at the level of the school site; they paid lower than the going rate; they appeared to have a lot of local assistance for the therapist, however, when I really needed the assistance, it was not easy to get; the recruiter made a lot of promises that were in fact inaccurate, for example: stay at the same school for the whole year (was in fact only for a few months), get paid for all hours worked (only get paid for 7 1/2 hours per day no matter what you work), that they will call you to check in with you regarding problems (recruiter only called about 3 out of 5 times they told me they would call).
Pros
a lot of work available
Cons
dire situations, placed into sites in which there is great difficulties, do not follow up with actual assistance
Quality company.
Speech-language pathologist MS, CCC-SLP (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2015
EBS did a great job initially getting me set up to start my career. They offered a variety of options and my recruiter was incredibly helpful and always available to chat. I've been assigned 3 different people from HR during my time with EBS which has been tough because I felt like I had made a great connection the first time and felt hat each subsequent HR staff member was less helpful.
Ebs
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2015
I started with EBS as an entry-level therapist. I signed on with EBS as they provided with the opportunity to travel after school and work within the field of pediatrics. EBS provided consistent support throughout my hiring process, and continues to provide support. In DC, continuing ed courses are provided free through the district. The one thing that was difficult coming in as an entry-level therapist was/is having to be the only therapist at the site.
Pros
phone support, travel opportunities
Cons
limited mentorship
great schedule
Early Intervention Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Concordville, PASeptember 29, 2014
fun to work with families in the home and provide education to families.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
not enough work
poor work ethics
SLP (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FLAugust 17, 2014
I worked for EBS for a grand total of 5 days. I was given a placement an hour from my home, and despite repeated attempts, they were unable to place me closer. This was in an area with a strong job market for SLPs, with jobs available. I found a job with another company that was a reasonable commute distance and gave the required notice. Two days later, I received a phone call from my recruiter that they had found a replacement that could start the next day, don't bother coming back except to turn in equipment. In essence, they gave 24 hour notice on this job. I would be wary of working for this company as it does not seem to be well organized in regards to field placement, and has no problem dumping their therapists with 24 hour notice. Of note, I did follow proper termination protocol, and did not do anything "fire-worthy" in the short 5 days I worked there. I have only heard great things about EBS, was excited to work for them, and left very disappointed.
Pros
company geared for slps with large borrowing library
Cons
poor management of placements
Fantastic company that cares for their employees and careers
Director of Application Development (Current Employee) –  PAJuly 7, 2014
I work in the corporate headquarters of EBS Healthcare and I'm continually impressed by the lengths the folks at EBS go to make things right for both our employees and our clients/customers. Whether it's addressing a question at odd hours or being on-site in a far away place at a moment's notice, EBS employees do what it takes to get the job done, time and time again. It is inspiring to come to work here every day with these fine people.
Pros
great, hard-working and friendly employees.
Great company for Speech-Language Pathologists
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2014
This is a company with integrity who truly cares about their employees and the children they work with. EBS has been able to offer me a stable and supportive environment and the opportunity to grow as a professional. It is wonderful to work for a company not driven by the bottom line and one that provides support, mentorship, training and upper mobility. I have been able to make a difference internationally and have been to two other countries with EBS.
Amazing graduate externship experience
SLP (CFY) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 25, 2014
Amazing graduate externship experience! Great residents and staff who are willing to take time to help and teach!
Pros
great learning atmosphere!
Cons
n/a
Supportive recruitment agency
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 21, 2014
Supported by management and compensated well for the job done.
Pros
good pay
Great company with great benefits!
Speech Language Pathology Clinical Fellow (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 7, 2014
A typical day at work is working with children in the school from the time the bell rings until the buses leave. Interacting with the kids is the best part of the job. You never know what they are going to say or do and they always keep you on your toes. The hardest part of the job is all the paperwork to keep up with. I feel that it takes away from your focus of therapy.

The company (EBS) is awesome and they will do whatever they can to ensure you have support and necessary things.
Ft slp school based
Speech Language Pathologist, CFY (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNJanuary 28, 2014
• Screening children for speech and/or language disorders
• Evaluate and diagnose children with articulation, language, voice, and/or fluency disorders
• Direct and indirect therapy with school-age children with articulation, language, voice, and/or fluency disorders
• Writing IEPs, goals, evaluation reports for children
• Active participation and leadership in parental meetings with the IEP team members
• Parent and teacher education related to speech and language disorders in children
• Organizing and maintaining client files
Pros
consistent hours
Cons
high caseload, excessive paperwork
Excellent company to work for.
Atlanta based Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 3, 2014
Supportive, friendly managers, always available for contact. My typical day consisted of an 8 hour workday in elementary and middle school settings. I provided diagnostic and therapy services to the school-age population.

My managers were excellent in providing inservices, support, and negotiations on my behalf. My co-workers were team players, as am I.

The hardest part of my job was leaving the students that I loved!

The most enjoyable part was interacting with my students.
Pros
the same as i have noted above.
Cons
cannot not think of any.