EBSCO INDUSTRIES Employee Reviews

Fun but Stressfull
Printer Technician (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 28, 2017
I love my job with this company its just to stressful and time for a new job .. i get to play with colors make colors .. but when u get different product you have never printed on it hard .. you have different toolings for different things . ood money great benifits
Great Established Company
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 20, 2016
EBSCO is a great company to work for with some of the best benefits in the state. The profit sharing retirement trust is unmatched. I love working for EBSCO.
Pros
Benefits - Profit Sharing
Cons
Corporate Lifestyle
Having a tough time figuring out overall vision for EBSCO
Director of Online Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2016
Now that EBSCO has their first non-family CEO, they are having a tough time figuring out their long term strategy or at the very least communicating it effectively. Colleagues are great but are in constant fear of losing their jobs and trying to figure out ever changing goals and strategies.
Benefits
Cons
6 years to be vested in profit sharing
Great Place to work
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 24, 2016
Great Place to work lots of perks great people to work with.
Little job security and no room for advancement. I did learn a lot by working for this company.
Pros
Great Place to work lots of perks great people to work with.
Cons
Little job security
Fun workplace with caring management
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 24, 2016
I love my job at EBSCO. I have awesome co-workers who are great to help out any way they can to make our workflow easier. The managers are good about working with you in case of sickness or family needs. The workload can sometimes be overwhelming but you have wonderful supervisors and team members to help you out.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
job security
Great company, strong values, excellent benefits
CORPORATE SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 2, 2013
Ebsco may be one of the best companies I have ever worked for. I appreciate my time there even more after taking a position with a start up company.
Their medical benefits are excellent. I have yet to work for a place that even came close to matching them.
Excellent 401K with company match. Strong management with a strong HR presence.
Great culture and was a pleasure to show up for work. They work hard to keep and develope their management, even sometimes to a fault. They act quickly and fairly handling non ethical behaviors.
From a management standpoint this is an excellent place to work
Pros
Excellent benefits, Good quarterly and year end bonus structure (for management), 401K with company match
Cons
Stuck in a dying market, Slow to land new clients
Good place to work,but has poor management
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Clanton alNovember 16, 2014
good place to work with great benefits like they will match what u put in your 401K and put part of what the company makes into your 401K. 15 minutes for break and an hour for lunch. also you work hard and don't get paid enough for the hard work they expect you to do. Poor management. And they put people in management position that don't have a darn clue what they are doing and they don t give them raises for giving them that position.
Pros
Good health benefits, match your 401K, if laid off or fired they pay vacation pay not used up
Cons
Poor management, people in charge that don't know what they are doing, work extra hard on the job and don't pay no more, management don't care bout solving your problems
Very good company
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 20, 2016
Everyone I met in my short time there loved their job and loved coming to work everyday. EBSCO really cares about their employees.
excellent work environment
Corporate Service Center Client Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 16, 2016
A great company to work for, had many pleasant experiences working with my clients on a daily basis. Handling day to day correspondences on their accounts. Enjoyed meeting deadlines as well as being a team player. There is no I in we. Over all there were not difficulties in my position. I learned something new everyday.
Pros
Very good benifits and paid holidays, vacations.
Cons
Was let go due to a broken ankle and rib 3 days after 7 years with this company
Horrible place to work - do not suggest it
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  HeadquartersJuly 9, 2014
The Management in the A/P department is horrible. Shows favoritism and does micro-managing. You can forget about a raise and you practically have to beg for vacation time.
Management is not a "people person" and even has "spies" within the department to check your work without your knowledge.
There is no talking during your work hours and your breaks are timed by the A/P Manager. We were treated like children and our Manager would rather defend herself and make herself look good, then to tell someone "good job".

I would never recommend this place to anyone, unless you like low self-esteem, and to be micro-managed by someone who thinks she is so educated (A/P Manager), when there are others who have Bachelors and are older. The weekly meetings are ridiculous. This A/P Manager needs to be let go, as she is NOT a people person and very moody.

Watch out for the "spies" who pretend they are your friends, as they hack into your computer and check your work and emails and reports back to A/P Manager.

Glad to be gone and never look back. Not a wise choice for a job.
Pros
Nice Scenery
Cons
No raises, poor management and not as great as people think
na
Title File Coder (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 15, 2016
Management was ok, but the work load was very hard. I'm a hard worker, I am a great multitasker but they put too much on you as one person
Offers wonderful benefits to their employees
Supply Chain Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 6, 2015
Although money is often the name of the game EBSCO offers other great reasons to work at their organization. The benefits and perks are designed to keep the employees satisfied with life and not just their work life.
Nice people to work for But the company keeps downsizing
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJAugust 28, 2012
They are very lenient and understanding with family problems and everyday accurances. Management is great they are kind and understanding easy to talk to. My co workers are wonderful I transfered to this office after my original office closed I thought It would be hard to fit in but they were wonderful people and I felt very comfortable immediately. The worst of the job was renewal time when the phones rang all day long and for every email or problem you resolved there were ten more that we're worse but it was ok we took one problem at a time a worked it out if we fell behind the supervisor would find someone to help out to get caught up. I loved the job but my commute was terrible the company is downsizing again so layoffs were done
Pros
vacations, benefits 401 k
The paychecks don't bounce
Account Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 10, 2014
However, the culture is stifled by a lack of advancement from within. If you're looking for a place to get your office legs, it's not a bad place to start out. Don't expect them to ever suggest you for promotion... opportunities for growth are very much few and far between.

Also, there's new upper management, and they've created a lack of stability in their early wake.
Excellent company with excellent benefits.
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 25, 2015
EBSCO is a pretty easy going company. Located on the top of Double Oak Mountain on the outskirts of Birmingham, you have a beautiful view from the main headquarters building. They have an excellent profit sharing program and they have their own cafeteria that serves breakfast and lunch. You are given ample vacation and sick time.

The hardest part of my specific job is years of heavy lifting.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the family atmosphere in my specific department. Actually, EBSCO seems like a large family in itself.
Pros
Profit sharing, Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance, has their own cafeteria.
Cons
Advancement oppurtunities
Great Benefits
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 18, 2015
Great benefits, great opportunity for growth. Constantly looking for opportunity in other markets.

Lots of diversity and very stable environment.
Interesting company but expectations were too high
Admin Asst. (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 31, 2012
I did my job to the best of my ability and learned a lot. Had really great co-workers that I still stay in touch with. However I was ambushed with disciplinary action after doing everything I could. I guess I am not cut out for EBSCO culture.
Pros
great location, benefits
Cons
short breaks, overly demanding
Horrible for hourly employees
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 19, 2013
I took this job after working for a very successful company in Birmingham. I was excited to be a part of another large company with great benefits and a chance to move up the ladder. However, on my first day, I was provided with a list of guidelines such as "bathe everyday", "you can wear jeans cut like trousers, but not khakis cut like jeans", and "you can only have 5 personal items at your desk". I also was not told until my first day that I would be clocking in and out - a very foreign concept to me, being a professional with a graduate degree. Colleagues poured out of the doors at 4:30 like a factory. The bathrooms were always filthy. My manager was less educated than me, came to work with bed head everyday, and was not professional in regard of keeping a connection with her staff, especially with us being a new department. I went home crying everyday. It felt like a prison. Upon leaving the company, I discovered my manager had been reading my emails from her desk.
Benefits
Cons
Distance out of town, hourly employment, large number of uneducated employees
It's a job
Teleservice Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 13, 2014
No comment if you want no benefits or raises while working don't go there, otherwise very friendly people to work with...
Great company!
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 5, 2012
My day revolves refunds and credits. When a customer cancels a subscription, the publisher will send refunds via check, wire transfer, or credit memos. I enter the adjustment in so that the office/customer receives their refund. I also manage the credit memos and make sure they are being used in a timely manner. Our managment staff and co-workers are great people to work with. There is a lot of team work that goes into our daily routine.
benefits
Cons
a long drive to and from.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EBSCO INDUSTRIES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9