EBSCO INDUSTRIES

EBSCO INDUSTRIES Employer Reviews

Good place to work,but has poor management
Assembler (Former Employee), Clanton alNovember 16, 2014
Pros: good health benefits, match your 401k, if laid off or fired they pay vacation pay not used up
Cons: poor management, people in charge that don't know what they are doing, work extra hard on the job and don't pay no more, management don't care bout solving your problems
good place to work with great benefits like they will match what u put in your 401K and put part of what the company makes into your 401K. 15 minutes for break and an hour for lunch. also you work hard and don't get paid enough for the hard work they expect you to do. Poor management. And they put people in management position that don't have a darn – more... clue what they are doing and they don t give them raises for giving them that position. – less
It's a job
Teleservice Representative (Former Employee), Akron, OHJuly 13, 2014
No comment if you want no benefits or raises while working don't go there, otherwise very friendly people to work with...
Horrible place to work - do not suggest it
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), HeadquartersJuly 9, 2014
Pros: nice scenery
Cons: no raises, poor management and not as great as people think
The Management in the A/P department is horrible. Shows favoritism and does micro-managing. You can forget about a raise and you practically have to beg for vacation time.
Management is not a "people person" and even has "spies" within the department to check your work without your knowledge.
There is no talking during your work hours and your breaks – more... are timed by the A/P Manager. We were treated like children and our Manager would rather defend herself and make herself look good, then to tell someone "good job".

I would never recommend this place to anyone, unless you like low self-esteem, and to be micro-managed by someone who thinks she is so educated (A/P Manager), when there are others who have Bachelors and are older. The weekly meetings are ridiculous. This A/P Manager needs to be let go, as she is NOT a people person and very moody.

Watch out for the "spies" who pretend they are your friends, as they hack into your computer and check your work and emails and reports back to A/P Manager.

Glad to be gone and never look back. Not a wise choice for a job. – less
Decent Work Environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Mt. Laurel, ALMay 19, 2014
I felt there should have been more training when I started working there. Also, where I worked, it was female dominated. I was one of four men in a department if about fifty women.
Hard place to work
Shipper (Former Employee), Birmingham ALMay 13, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: low pay for the work you do.
The company provided little or no help,i learned a great deal about shipping orders management sucks,my co-workers where nice,the hardest part about the job was too much work for one person.
The paychecks don't bounce
Account Service Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 10, 2014
However, the culture is stifled by a lack of advancement from within. If you're looking for a place to get your office legs, it's not a bad place to start out. Don't expect them to ever suggest you for promotion... opportunities for growth are very much few and far between.

Also, there's new upper management, and they've created a lack of stability – more... in their early wake. – less
Great company, strong values, excellent benefits
CORPORATE SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Canton, OHOctober 2, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, good quarterly and year end bonus structure (for management), 401k with company match
Cons: stuck in a dying market, slow to land new clients
Ebsco may be one of the best companies I have ever worked for. I appreciate my time there even more after taking a position with a start up company.
Their medical benefits are excellent. I have yet to work for a place that even came close to matching them.
Excellent 401K with company match. Strong management with a strong HR presence.
Great culture – more... and was a pleasure to show up for work. They work hard to keep and develope their management, even sometimes to a fault. They act quickly and fairly handling non ethical behaviors.
From a management standpoint this is an excellent place to work – less
Custodian
Custodian (Current Employee), birmingham alabamaJuly 23, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: hour break
Four to twelve was awful to much work check always short staff not that friendly not uneducated peoples bad manger
great place to advance
Pre-coding Specialist (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 16, 2013
Pros: i loved this job
Cons: not the best management
i started out as a receptionist and moved to a pre-coding position. loved this position because of the data entry.
Horrible for hourly employees
Rather not say (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 19, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: distance out of town, hourly employment, large number of uneducated employees
I took this job after working for a very successful company in Birmingham. I was excited to be a part of another large company with great benefits and a chance to move up the ladder. However, on my first day, I was provided with a list of guidelines such as "bathe everyday", "you can wear jeans cut like trousers, but not khakis cut like jeans", and – more... "you can only have 5 personal items at your desk". I also was not told until my first day that I would be clocking in and out - a very foreign concept to me, being a professional with a graduate degree. Colleagues poured out of the doors at 4:30 like a factory. The bathrooms were always filthy. My manager was less educated than me, came to work with bed head everyday, and was not professional in regard of keeping a connection with her staff, especially with us being a new department. I went home crying everyday. It felt like a prison. Upon leaving the company, I discovered my manager had been reading my emails from her desk. – less
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Akron, OhioMay 8, 2013
Pros: great incentives
Cons: short ten min breaks
I love the managers and supervisors all tended to the employees questions or concerns

Learned how to rebuttal and not take no for an answer
Learned how communicate effectively with different customers

made over 100/800 outbounds calls a day

enjoyable part of the job was the co workers and team i enjoyed working with.
Manufacturing Controller (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 20, 2013
Responsible for the integrity of the financial information and systems for seven manufacturing facilities. This facilities include: Pradco Fishing, the largest fishing lure manufacture in the world, Moultrie Feeders, one of the top wildlife feeder manufactures in the world, Summit Treestands, one of the top Treestand manufactures in the world, Bio Defend – more... Animal Repellents, Global Point Products, WingScapes, and Tinker Business Forms. – less
Decent place to begin a first job.
Transcriptionist/Quality Control (Former Employee), Akron, OHDecember 17, 2012
Cons: inconsistent work schedule; travel to work to be sent home because there isn't any work to do.
If you're looking for a first job, this may suit you because it's part time work.
Great company!
Credit Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 5, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: a long drive to and from.
My day revolves refunds and credits. When a customer cancels a subscription, the publisher will send refunds via check, wire transfer, or credit memos. I enter the adjustment in so that the office/customer receives their refund. I also manage the credit memos and make sure they are being used in a timely manner. Our managment staff and co-workers are – more... great people to work with. There is a lot of team work that goes into our daily routine. – less
Interesting company but expectations were too high
Admin Asst. (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 31, 2012
Pros: great location, benefits
Cons: short breaks, overly demanding
I did my job to the best of my ability and learned a lot. Had really great co-workers that I still stay in touch with. However I was ambushed with disciplinary action after doing everything I could. I guess I am not cut out for EBSCO culture.
Nice people to work for But the company keeps downsizing
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tinton Falls, NJAugust 28, 2012
Pros: vacations, benefits 401 k
They are very lenient and understanding with family problems and everyday accurances. Management is great they are kind and understanding easy to talk to. My co workers are wonderful I transfered to this office after my original office closed I thought It would be hard to fit in but they were wonderful people and I felt very comfortable immediately. – more... The worst of the job was renewal time when the phones rang all day long and for every email or problem you resolved there were ten more that we're worse but it was ok we took one problem at a time a worked it out if we fell behind the supervisor would find someone to help out to get caught up. I loved the job but my commute was terrible the company is downsizing again so layoffs were done – less
Thoroughly enjoyed my job at EBSCO and wish I had never left
Assistant to General Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 5, 2012
I learned so much while working at EBSCO and my experience there was the best work experience I have ever had. I would return there in a heartbeat if I could.

About EBSCO INDUSTRIES

Few portfolios are more diverse than that of EBSCO Industries (short for Elton B. Stephens Company). Among the conglomerate's – Read more