EBSCO INDUSTRIES Employee Reviews in United States

na
Title File Coder (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 15, 2016
Management was ok, but the work load was very hard. I'm a hard worker, I am a great multitasker but they put too much on you as one person
Fun workplace with caring management
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 24, 2016
I love my job at EBSCO. I have awesome co-workers who are great to help out any way they can to make our workflow easier. The managers are good about working with you in case of sickness or family needs. The workload can sometimes be overwhelming but you have wonderful supervisors and team members to help you out.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
job security
Great Benefits
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 18, 2015
Great benefits, great opportunity for growth. Constantly looking for opportunity in other markets.

Lots of diversity and very stable environment.
Offers wonderful benefits to their employees
Supply Chain Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 6, 2015
Although money is often the name of the game EBSCO offers other great reasons to work at their organization. The benefits and perks are designed to keep the employees satisfied with life and not just their work life.
Excellent company with excellent benefits.
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 25, 2015
EBSCO is a pretty easy going company. Located on the top of Double Oak Mountain on the outskirts of Birmingham, you have a beautiful view from the main headquarters building. They have an excellent profit sharing program and they have their own cafeteria that serves breakfast and lunch. You are given ample vacation and sick time.

The hardest part of my specific job is years of heavy lifting.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the family atmosphere in my specific department. Actually, EBSCO seems like a large family in itself.
Pros
Profit sharing, Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance, has their own cafeteria.
Cons
Advancement oppurtunities
Fun place to work
Web UI Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MAJuly 30, 2015
Fun place to work. Great work/life balance
Challenging and rewarding job. Great people to work together with, everyone is always trying to build the best product and we all worked very hard to make that happen everyday.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MIJuly 29, 2015
The people were great. I learned a lot about accounting. The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture there. The firm could use more technology to improve productivity.
Family values company
Director, Strategic Partnerships (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 24, 2015
There are many long tenured employees which speaks to the great care the company has for its employees. There is a benefits package that encourages retention. It is a well-kept secret in Alabama.
Excellent company to work for!!
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING / ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES (Former Employee) –  5724 Hwy. 280 Birmingham, AlabamaApril 2, 2015
Ebsco Industries was a wonderful company to be employed with. Friendly faces, flexible hours and wonderful health and dental plan. My experience there was one I miss dearly. My managers were some of the best I've had the privilege of working for. Co-workers were very helpful in showing me the ropes. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was performing a service to benefit others.
Pros
Excellent pay, health and dental, weekends off.
Cons
None.
Ok job
International Payables Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 4, 2015
Repetitive production environment. I suffered from carpal tunnel every year during peak seasons. Good pay and benefits. Lay off imminent.
Pros
on site cafeteria
Cons
daily commute via 280
Great company with great benefits
Sales Support Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 21, 2014
I really enjoyed working at EBSCO. There are some amazing people there. I would love to make a career working there, but it is getting harder to do with the changing economy.
Pros
free coffee, in-house cafeteria, great insurance
Cons
keep being laid off
Good place to work,but has poor management
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Clanton alNovember 16, 2014
good place to work with great benefits like they will match what u put in your 401K and put part of what the company makes into your 401K. 15 minutes for break and an hour for lunch. also you work hard and don't get paid enough for the hard work they expect you to do. Poor management. And they put people in management position that don't have a darn clue what they are doing and they don t give them raises for giving them that position.
Pros
good health benefits, match your 401k, if laid off or fired they pay vacation pay not used up
Cons
poor management, people in charge that don't know what they are doing, work extra hard on the job and don't pay no more, management don't care bout solving your problems
It's a job
Teleservice Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 13, 2014
No comment if you want no benefits or raises while working don't go there, otherwise very friendly people to work with...
Horrible place to work - do not suggest it
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  HeadquartersJuly 9, 2014
The Management in the A/P department is horrible. Shows favoritism and does micro-managing. You can forget about a raise and you practically have to beg for vacation time.
Management is not a "people person" and even has "spies" within the department to check your work without your knowledge.
There is no talking during your work hours and your breaks are timed by the A/P Manager. We were treated like children and our Manager would rather defend herself and make herself look good, then to tell someone "good job".

I would never recommend this place to anyone, unless you like low self-esteem, and to be micro-managed by someone who thinks she is so educated (A/P Manager), when there are others who have Bachelors and are older. The weekly meetings are ridiculous. This A/P Manager needs to be let go, as she is NOT a people person and very moody.

Watch out for the "spies" who pretend they are your friends, as they hack into your computer and check your work and emails and reports back to A/P Manager.

Glad to be gone and never look back. Not a wise choice for a job.
Pros
nice scenery
Cons
no raises, poor management and not as great as people think
Decent Work Environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, ALMay 19, 2014
I felt there should have been more training when I started working there. Also, where I worked, it was female dominated. I was one of four men in a department if about fifty women.
Hard place to work
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham ALMay 13, 2014
The company provided little or no help,i learned a great deal about shipping orders management sucks,my co-workers where nice,the hardest part about the job was too much work for one person.
Pros
no pros
Cons
low pay for the work you do.
The paychecks don't bounce
Account Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 10, 2014
However, the culture is stifled by a lack of advancement from within. If you're looking for a place to get your office legs, it's not a bad place to start out. Don't expect them to ever suggest you for promotion... opportunities for growth are very much few and far between.

Also, there's new upper management, and they've created a lack of stability in their early wake.
Great company, strong values, excellent benefits
CORPORATE SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 2, 2013
Ebsco may be one of the best companies I have ever worked for. I appreciate my time there even more after taking a position with a start up company.
Their medical benefits are excellent. I have yet to work for a place that even came close to matching them.
Excellent 401K with company match. Strong management with a strong HR presence.
Great culture and was a pleasure to show up for work. They work hard to keep and develope their management, even sometimes to a fault. They act quickly and fairly handling non ethical behaviors.
From a management standpoint this is an excellent place to work
Pros
excellent benefits, good quarterly and year end bonus structure (for management), 401k with company match
Cons
stuck in a dying market, slow to land new clients
Custodian
Custodian (Current Employee) –  birmingham alabamaJuly 23, 2013
Four to twelve was awful to much work check always short staff not that friendly not uneducated peoples bad manger
Pros
n/a
Cons
hour break
great place to advance
Pre-coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 16, 2013
i started out as a receptionist and moved to a pre-coding position. loved this position because of the data entry.
Pros
i loved this job
Cons
not the best management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EBSCO INDUSTRIES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8