EBSCO INDUSTRIES Employee Reviews

Productive Company
Senior Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJOctober 31, 2017
My overall review of Ebsco will always be positive. A typical day started off with reviewing our accounts with our supervisor. I learned many trades at EBSCO; editing, processing, customer service and clerical work. The management was always professional. The workplace culture was very much like a family unity. The hardest part of the job was the laid off. The most enjoyable part of the job was the extensive training and being able to learn something new every single day.
Pros
Working from home, paid vacations
Cons
laid off
Better be prepared to have a brown nose for advacement
Electronic Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 24, 2017
The management is the worst I have ever encountered. It was wonderful until they merged groups and the other management team took over. It was all down hill from there. They laid off people who had worked with that company 19 years when they did this merge. The managers are very snobbish and if you don't kiss their tail they will find a way to fire you. They lie and stab you in the back for the sake of their job in a second. If you haven't been in their circle or don't kiss tail like those in the circle you won't make it. They will lie on you or about you without question. HR and upper management do not care how employees are treated. It is a privately owned company so they do as they please when they please.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
everything
Fun place to work if you have a sense of humor
Shipper/IT/Inventory management (Current Employee) –  Trussville, ALSeptember 15, 2017
We have good teamwork and it's pretty relaxed as long as you do your job. It's team oriented so everyone helps one another out with different jobs and tasks.
I loved working for EBSCO.
Open Source Developer II (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 16, 2017
EBSCO is the best Birmingham based company that I have ever worked for. The management is caring, the culture is warm and friendly, and the Stephens Family has been a gift to our state. I was recently laid off as part of a staff reduction and miss my colleagues dearly.
Pros
Great Culture, Great Work/life balance.
Nice job just that the commute to work very long
Agile QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 35242August 12, 2017
Nice place to work, but the work environment can be very stressful. Also, for me the commute to work is at lease an hour to an hour and a half to and from work.
Is landscaping
Landscaping Laborer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 27, 2017
Ebsco is a hard job because it is landscaping and no one wants to be in the sun all day. So if you don't want to work hard I wouldn't recommend you but they do pay very good.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 20, 2017
I already reviewed this company. I only worked for them once. Great place and environment to work. The only reason I did not stay, I could not afford to live alone with the income I made.
Nice friendly place to work
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 11, 2017
A typical day is just getting your work done in a timely manner. The workplace is most enjoyable because I work around caring, loving individuals. The job is not hard, but you must be very attentive, and want to learn
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Nice place to work
Customer Supply Chain Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 4, 2017
Overall this was a nice place to work. The best part of working there is the work environment, I have met some of the kindest people in the world at Ebsco.
Great Company to work for
Credits Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 19, 2017
I loved working for EBSCO. They really value their employees and they have excellent benefits. If I hadn't moved to Tennessee then I would still be working there.
Pros
Cafeteria, onsite gym, bemeifts
Nice place to work
Customer Service Operations (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 16, 2017
EBSCO Industries is an amazing the place with wonderful opportunities. They are highly competitive company who stands behind their employees and their brand.
Great company if you are well above average in sales
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 3, 2017
EBSCO is a good company, they have several divisions. I worked under the Vulcan Industries division. The Sales Management team is very strict. Goals are set extremely high so they can not be met and they then do not owe you a bonus so turn over is high once the Sales member figures out bonus is not a reality.
Pros
fitness incentives, beautiful corporate office
Cons
management members lack people skills
Fun but Stressfull
Printer Technician (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 28, 2017
I love my job with this company its just to stressful and time for a new job .. i get to play with colors make colors .. but when u get different product you have never printed on it hard .. you have different toolings for different things . ood money great benifits
Great Established Company
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 20, 2016
EBSCO is a great company to work for with some of the best benefits in the state. The profit sharing retirement trust is unmatched. I love working for EBSCO.
Pros
Benefits - Profit Sharing
Cons
Corporate Lifestyle
Very good company
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 20, 2016
Everyone I met in my short time there loved their job and loved coming to work everyday. EBSCO really cares about their employees.
Having a tough time figuring out overall vision for EBSCO
Director of Online Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2016
Now that EBSCO has their first non-family CEO, they are having a tough time figuring out their long term strategy or at the very least communicating it effectively. Colleagues are great but are in constant fear of losing their jobs and trying to figure out ever changing goals and strategies.
Benefits
Cons
6 years to be vested in profit sharing
Great Place to work
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 24, 2016
Great Place to work lots of perks great people to work with.
Little job security and no room for advancement. I did learn a lot by working for this company.
Pros
Great Place to work lots of perks great people to work with.
Cons
Little job security
na
Title File Coder (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 15, 2016
Management was ok, but the work load was very hard. I'm a hard worker, I am a great multitasker but they put too much on you as one person
Fun workplace with caring management
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 24, 2016
I love my job at EBSCO. I have awesome co-workers who are great to help out any way they can to make our workflow easier. The managers are good about working with you in case of sickness or family needs. The workload can sometimes be overwhelming but you have wonderful supervisors and team members to help you out.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
job security
excellent work environment
Corporate Service Center Client Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 16, 2016
A great company to work for, had many pleasant experiences working with my clients on a daily basis. Handling day to day correspondences on their accounts. Enjoyed meeting deadlines as well as being a team player. There is no I in we. Over all there were not difficulties in my position. I learned something new everyday.
Pros
Very good benifits and paid holidays, vacations.
Cons
Was let go due to a broken ankle and rib 3 days after 7 years with this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EBSCO INDUSTRIES. Our community is ready to answer.