Eby-Brown Employee Reviews

bad attitudes
Asst.Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 23, 2017
i would not go back, the management team, could not get along. The co workers are great. The manangers could not agree among themselves to get what needed done and do ot.
Pros
insurance
Cons
bad attitudes
good place to work if you need hours
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 21, 2017
it was a good job for the area, lots of hours if you wanted them or not at the time i would work at least 42-70 hrs a day mostly in summer time but winter was busy as well.
productive and easy going co-workers
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 8, 2017
laid back work environment. Your typical day at work varies on what department you are working in. If you are in the shipping the department your day will go pretty fast depending on who you are loading trucks with.
Long nights, but very good benefits and workmates.
Freezer Picker (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAMay 7, 2017
Go into work at 3:00 p.m. sometimes later. At first worked about 18 hours in a 24 hour period. Eventually slowed down a little bit, and got a little easier to get motivated to work.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
not much rest between work hours.
A job where you will find work to do
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 7, 2017
A great place to work if you love to work with two breaks and a lunch with great mangers who actually care about your health and personal life, great resources and provide free water bottles throughout the day
Pros
Free water bottles
Cons
No life balance
not a good place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 3, 2017
Job is ok not great. Management is horrible they tell nothing but lies. They promise you things you will never get. Not a good place to work if you want to work day shift. It takes at least 5 years to get on days. Unloading the truck is a lot of work but good exercise. Pay is ok for what it is.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
management
Its all right, depending on what dept. your in
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 3, 2017
Its a great starter job for those who wana work warehouse. Be prepared for lots of overtime, it is mandatory but well compensated. Your going to get a great Introduction to picking/packing here.
Pros
in warehouse vending. everything youd find in a gas station is there.
Cons
long long hours and difficult to balance life if you have kids.
Starter Job Could Be Better
Semi-Driver (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 1, 2017
Being fast is where the money at, if your not fast your not getting paid..... Suited for the young and hungry... Its local so thats a plus, Automatic Transmission 28, 36. 48 foot trailers UNLOADING PRODUCT TO STORES ALL TYPE OF WEATHER
Stable, but repetitive
Picker/ dock loader (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INApril 28, 2017
At eby brown, you came in and did your eight hour shift on your designated picking line and returned the next day to do it all again. In loadout, we were inside a trailer loading for the majority of the day. As long as you came in and did what was asked of you, the managers didn't bother you much.
Pros
Union, stability
Cons
Repetitive
Just another dying Wholesale distribution center that sells Cigarettes....70% of the business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAApril 28, 2017
I was an employee of Liberty USA, which Eby Brown bought out. They downsized and let top level sales personnel go. Now they are hiring new reps. This is just another independent store supplier, which will be gone within 5 years....guaranteed.
Pros
It's a job. Unless they let you go.
Cons
Work 50 hours plus but have 60+ hours work completed. Bad management.
Nice enviroment
Picker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILApril 25, 2017
Good and peaceful environment nice people the. Houres was good and the people and management was real nice and the management was always giving us food
Pros
Good people
Cons
Hours
Great work environment
SD Senior Techno-Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 20, 2017
A company who pays great attention to its people and their well-being. Just a joy to work there among knowledgeable and down to earth people who understand what it takes to get things done.
Work place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GAApril 19, 2017
Its a good company but. The pay isn't to great .The department I'm in its hard to advance. I been there for 16yrs and seem like I'm make the same pay.Our hours are getting cut.I still there because I like the people and close to home
Pros
Close to home 1st shift
Cons
Pay and advancement
A very demanding job
Picker/Checker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILApril 18, 2017
I worked at Eby Brown for almost a year. We were forced to work until completion. There were some days we were not finished until after 12 hours of being there. One day they made us stay so long that 2nd shift was still there when we arrived and we were still there when they returned the next day. The longest day I had there was 14 in a half hrs. I was so sore when I got home and sleep deprived from doing 3rd and 1st shift. (We had no first shift pickers). The time in a half gave us good paychecks but it was very exhausting.
Pros
Sign on bonus after 3 months and plenty of overtime
Cons
Forced to work until completion and terrible management
Easy job, typical warehouse.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 14, 2017
The job was easy enough to learn. Typical day consisted of working in a team atmosphere, handling product and packing. Typical warehouse. Typical environment in the sense of your interactions with people. Decently easy to move up in the company depending on your drive to. Hardest part of the job was the hours, and during certain holidays it gets very busy. Making friends was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
HR was great, off for certain holidays.
Cons
Made up holidays on the weekends, can be VERY stressful.
Rude staff and management
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILApril 9, 2017
I first started with no one around to train me and had to go my whole shift bouncing from department to department. My child ended up with the flu and i took the proper channels to calling out. i was never called back or even notified if anyone got my messages and still was later terminated.
i liked it
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 5, 2017
this place is awsome to work at. i liked it. the people were nice and made you feel very welcome.. the pay is okay and the people are awesome. So much food to choose from in the cafeteria.. it's a good place to work at if you like hard work
Pros
people. lunch. pay
Cons
nothing
you work very long hours and only get paid 200 dollars a week.
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GAApril 1, 2017
You work very long hours through the week and only bring about a lil over 200 and your off friday and saturday and once in a blue moon they might give you free lunches.
Fast Work pace which I love.
Warehous Picker / Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMarch 31, 2017
Working at Eby Brown I started off as a stocker which got boring to me because I like moving when I'm working so when I got the opportunity to become a picker I jumped at it. I loved the fast pace work environment and the warehouse environment .
Pros
Great Pay- Great Hours
Cons
I loved it
Good hours, descent pay
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ILMarch 27, 2017
Working at Eby-Brown is a stable job, and it definitely keeps one busy. It's a tough job, and not for everyone. A lot of lifting, climbing, stacking, pushing/pulling, repetitive movements. The pay is okay, but there are really no raises. Which is a downside. A lot of opportunities for hours, and you are home every night. However, you have a set start time in the morning...but you're done when you're done in short. There is no flexibility whatsoever. During the week, it is impossible to go to school, work a second job (unless you work weekends)..etc. Getting issues resolved can be a hassle, and moderate to high chances of injury while on the job if one is not careful.
Pros
good pay, benefits, company activities
Cons
no flexibility with hours, poor problem solving with management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eby-Brown. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9