Eby-Brown

Eby-Brown Employer Reviews

Good
Semi-Truck Driver - Delivery Services (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 9, 2015
I am a driver. I liked it. Managers were fine. Company was fine. Coworkers were fine. Hardest part was dealing with the weather. But over all it was a good place to work.
Unreasonable hours and expectations
Warehouse Picker/Packer (Current Employee), Montgomery, ILJanuary 6, 2015
Worked second shift starting at 1:00pm and not getting out until 2:00 am on average , Sunday - Thursday.
Management was poor and there was a lot of favoritism.
Production and Good Warehouse skills
Loader/Stocker (Former Employee), Plainfield, INOctober 28, 2014
Pros: rewarded for hard work.
Cons: not getting a break
Loaded trucks and pick orders at a fast pace. The management was fair
and understanding. My co- workers were good to work around and work as a team.. The most enjoyable time was at the job was meeting the standard productive rate and Getting the the job done in a timely fashion. The hardest part a the job was not getting a break at same times..
Most of the people were great but overall a terrible place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Springfield, OHOctober 14, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: unorganized, unappreciative, long hours, work holidays
Normal days were suppose to be 10 hours,but they could make you work over with little to no notice sometimes working anywhere from 11-17 hours in a day and expected to come in on time at 7am some days 6-7 days a week! There was little regard that we had children, families and lives outside of Eby- Brown. We worked in the cold (for long hours) and received low pay (a woman I worked with had been there for 9 years and was only making $9.50) they started us out $8. There was very little room for advancement and very little appreciation for the hard work that you did. Things always were insanely unorganized they would say one thing then turn around and do another it was almost impossible to make plans.Equipment would brake down upper management would not ok the money to fix it correctly so about everything was rigged up. There was a lot of preferential treatment, a lot of being treated poorly.When the commissary was shut down the option was not given to go into the warehouse despite the fact that they were and still are hiring. I feel sorry for anyone going in there not knowing what they are getting into.
Productive work place
Replenishment Supervisor/Forklift Supervisor (Former Employee), Plainfield, INOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good medical
Cons: long hours
When people apply themselves at Eby-Brown advancements within the company are easy
Great Benefits and safe work environment
Picker and Packer (Former Employee), Plainfield, INSeptember 24, 2014
After working for Eby-Brown I left wishing they would have hired me on the people there where great and everyone seemed to love there job.
Laid back work place
Picker (Former Employee), Montgomery, ILSeptember 10, 2014
Cons: never had a set time we got off
I worked 3d shift started work at 12 midnight. We had a headset we had to wear called Jennifer, she told us what to pick. We all got stationed in different parts of the warehouse. I was in the candy department, and we had bins we picked the product and we had to place the product in the bin.
Long hours, Low pay
Eby Brown Associate (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIAugust 27, 2014
Pros: regular break
Cons: very long hours, hard work, and low pay
Tough place to work. I loved the people I worked with but the work was hard, you worked for past 10 hours almost everyday, and you only made $9 an hour. If you don't love who you work with this job will be impossible to work at.
company poorly managed by senior management
Transportation Asst Manager/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, ILAugust 14, 2014
Oversee all transportation and warehouse operations
learned transportation laws and vehicle consumption software to manage fuel efficiency.
Management was detached to employee issues and provided no support to management level to fix the issues.
Good pay Long hours
Freezer/Cooler Supervisor (Former Employee), Plainfield, InJuly 7, 2014
It's a fast pace work until its done, type of warehouse. Promotes from within a lot. Likes to keep the hard workers happy and at work.
Great Place to Work
Commissary Product Development Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, OHJune 18, 2014
Eby-Brown is a great company to work for. Benefits and compensation are top notch.
Fast paced company
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMay 12, 2014
The hardest part of the position was the price changes on a daily basis. Everything else was fast paced and enjoyable.
Typical Warehouse Setting
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Springfield, OHMay 7, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: physically draining, low pay, no room for advancement, preferential treatment, etc
*A typical day we'd work at least 30-1 hour in overtime which was good for finances but not much else since I was working 2nd shift. I didn't like the fact if one department had a line issue it caused a ripple effect to the other departments which caused super late nights.

*I learned how to adapt from a corporate Advertising setting to a warehouse/manual labor type setting. I learned how to master integral skills used in the warehouse distribution field; checkline, picking orders, merge, stocking lines, etc.

*Management showed favoritism to certain workers. Personal life intermingled with professional life which led to improper promotions of certain individuals and conduct. In one instance, despite having a Doctor's note, my first pregnancy wasn't treated with the utmost respect.

*My co-workers ran the gamut of race, age and backgrounds. Never had an issue with anyone. However, turn over is severely high at Eby-Brown so friendships come and go, like the people who work there. However, there are a significant few older individuals who have worked there for 10+ years and have yet to get a promotion they deserve.

*The hours are very draining since it's a physical demanding job, constantly on your feet, carrying/lifting heavy product, leaning/reaching, bending, using box cutters, etc.

*Hate to say there wasn't anything I truly enjoyed about my time there, it was just a means of income.
Friendly people
Machine operator/ Machine Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Montgomery, ILMarch 26, 2014
Pros: excelent benifets
Cons: pay
First thing was set everything up. Then we had to count the stamps to make sure they matched to the one on the computer. Pretty much keep up with production. Since i was the only machine tech they trained i had the duties of Preventative Maintenance after the day shift was over. Overall i got along with my superiors. Anytime i was done with my stuff i would try to find something to do, floating to other departments.
Retail Category Specialist
Retail Category Specialist (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIMarch 14, 2014
merchandising
customer relations
sales presentations
writing customer credits
high level of travel required
Worst work experience I have ever had working for a company.
Returns and Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Rockmart, GAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: six minute drive from my home
Cons: the company and it's ethics and morals as a whole.
A typical day at work consisted of doing more than your fair share of overly burdened responsibility.
I learned that if you aren't a favorite or don't have blackmail you won't survive.
Management for the most part was poor to say the least.
Few of my co-workers were/are worth their friendship.
The hardest part of the job was going to work every day knowing the misery I had to face.
Lunch with a few acquaintances was the only enjoyable part of the job, apart from quitting time.
I loved this job.
Picker and Packer (Former Employee), Montgomery, ILFebruary 21, 2014
It was a good work environment no drama everybody came in to work all the supervisors and managers was very nice and out going.its a great place to work if you like a warehousing.
Stress free work environment, fun traveling around Michigan, good exercise
Driver's Assistant (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIFebruary 7, 2014
A typical day would be loading and unloading a semi truck throughout a 12 hours or so. We would drive anywhere from Saginaw all the way to Traverse City. I learned how to properly use a dolly and how to work at a steady pace to get the job done in a timely manner. My management was engaging and responsive. The co-workers at this job were fun and supportive. The hardest part of the job would be working in the 90 degree + days with high humidity. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the feeling of accomplishment once the truck was empty. Another enjoyable part would be the physical shape I was left in after working this job for 6 months.
AR Clerk
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee), Montgomery, ILJanuary 10, 2014
I handled 850+ EFT accounts... processing payments, billing reports and notifications to customers. Handle incoming phone calls from customers and special projects as needed.
Fun warehouse if you can take the hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Springfield, OHJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: breaks and lunches were nice
Cons: long hours
The job at Eby-Brown is fast paced and is decent paying with good benefits, if you are willing to potentially work twelve hours.

1 2 3

About Eby-Brown

Eby-Brown makes its money on such vices as munchies and nicotine. The company is a leading convenience store supplier that distributes – Read more

Eby-Brown Salaries