Eby-Brown

Eby-Brown Employer Reviews

Most of the people were great but overall a terrible place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Springfield, OHOctober 14, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: unorganized, unappreciative, long hours, work holidays
Normal days were suppose to be 10 hours,but they could make you work over with little to no notice sometimes working anywhere from 11-17 hours in a day and expected to come in on time at 7am some days 6-7 days a week! There was little regard that we had children, families and lives outside of Eby- Brown. We worked in the cold (for long hours) and received – more... low pay (a woman I worked with had been there for 9 years and was only making $9.50) they started us out $8. There was very little room for advancement and very little appreciation for the hard work that you did. Things always were insanely unorganized they would say one thing then turn around and do another it was almost impossible to make plans.Equipment would brake down upper management would not ok the money to fix it correctly so about everything was rigged up. There was a lot of preferential treatment, a lot of being treated poorly.When the commissary was shut down the option was not given to go into the warehouse despite the fact that they were and still are hiring. I feel sorry for anyone going in there not knowing what they are getting into. – less
Productive work place
Replenishment Supervisor/Forklift Supervisor (Former Employee), Plainfield, INOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good medical
Cons: long hours
When people apply themselves at Eby-Brown advancements within the company are easy
Great Benefits and safe work environment
Picker and Packer (Former Employee), Plainfield, INSeptember 24, 2014
After working for Eby-Brown I left wishing they would have hired me on the people there where great and everyone seemed to love there job.
Laid back work place
Picker (Former Employee), Montgomery, ILSeptember 10, 2014
Cons: never had a set time we got off
I worked 3d shift started work at 12 midnight. We had a headset we had to wear called Jennifer, she told us what to pick. We all got stationed in different parts of the warehouse. I was in the candy department, and we had bins we picked the product and we had to place the product in the bin.
Long hours, Low pay
Eby Brown Associate (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIAugust 27, 2014
Pros: regular break
Cons: very long hours, hard work, and low pay
Tough place to work. I loved the people I worked with but the work was hard, you worked for past 10 hours almost everyday, and you only made $9 an hour. If you don't love who you work with this job will be impossible to work at.
company poorly managed by senior management
Transportation Asst Manager/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, ILAugust 14, 2014
Oversee all transportation and warehouse operations
learned transportation laws and vehicle consumption software to manage fuel efficiency.
Management was detached to employee issues and provided no support to management level to fix the issues.
Good pay Long hours
Freezer/Cooler Supervisor (Former Employee), Plainfield, InJuly 7, 2014
It's a fast pace work until its done, type of warehouse. Promotes from within a lot. Likes to keep the hard workers happy and at work.
Great Place to Work
Commissary Product Development Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, OHJune 18, 2014
Eby-Brown is a great company to work for. Benefits and compensation are top notch.
Fast paced company
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMay 12, 2014
The hardest part of the position was the price changes on a daily basis. Everything else was fast paced and enjoyable.
Typical Warehouse Setting
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Springfield, OHMay 7, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: physically draining, low pay, no room for advancement, preferential treatment, etc
*A typical day we'd work at least 30-1 hour in overtime which was good for finances but not much else since I was working 2nd shift. I didn't like the fact if one department had a line issue it caused a ripple effect to the other departments which caused super late nights.

*I learned how to adapt from a corporate Advertising setting to a warehouse/manual – more... labor type setting. I learned how to master integral skills used in the warehouse distribution field; checkline, picking orders, merge, stocking lines, etc.

*Management showed favoritism to certain workers. Personal life intermingled with professional life which led to improper promotions of certain individuals and conduct. In one instance, despite having a Doctor's note, my first pregnancy wasn't treated with the utmost respect.

*My co-workers ran the gamut of race, age and backgrounds. Never had an issue with anyone. However, turn over is severely high at Eby-Brown so friendships come and go, like the people who work there. However, there are a significant few older individuals who have worked there for 10+ years and have yet to get a promotion they deserve.

*The hours are very draining since it's a physical demanding job, constantly on your feet, carrying/lifting heavy product, leaning/reaching, bending, using box cutters, etc.

*Hate to say there wasn't anything I truly enjoyed about my time there, it was just a means of income. – less
Friendly people
Machine operator/ Machine Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Montgomery, ILMarch 26, 2014
Pros: excelent benifets
Cons: pay
First thing was set everything up. Then we had to count the stamps to make sure they matched to the one on the computer. Pretty much keep up with production. Since i was the only machine tech they trained i had the duties of Preventative Maintenance after the day shift was over. Overall i got along with my superiors. Anytime i was done with my stuff – more... i would try to find something to do, floating to other departments. – less
Retail Category Specialist
Retail Category Specialist (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIMarch 14, 2014
merchandising
customer relations
sales presentations
writing customer credits
high level of travel required
Worst work experience I have ever had working for a company.
Returns and Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Rockmart, GAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: six minute drive from my home
Cons: the company and it's ethics and morals as a whole.
A typical day at work consisted of doing more than your fair share of overly burdened responsibility.
I learned that if you aren't a favorite or don't have blackmail you won't survive.
Management for the most part was poor to say the least.
Few of my co-workers were/are worth their friendship.
The hardest part of the job was going to work every day – more... knowing the misery I had to face.
Lunch with a few acquaintances was the only enjoyable part of the job, apart from quitting time. – less
I loved this job.
Picker and Packer (Former Employee), Montgomery, ILFebruary 21, 2014
It was a good work environment no drama everybody came in to work all the supervisors and managers was very nice and out going.its a great place to work if you like a warehousing.
Stress free work environment, fun traveling around Michigan, good exercise
Driver's Assistant (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIFebruary 7, 2014
A typical day would be loading and unloading a semi truck throughout a 12 hours or so. We would drive anywhere from Saginaw all the way to Traverse City. I learned how to properly use a dolly and how to work at a steady pace to get the job done in a timely manner. My management was engaging and responsive. The co-workers at this job were fun and supportive. – more... The hardest part of the job would be working in the 90 degree + days with high humidity. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the feeling of accomplishment once the truck was empty. Another enjoyable part would be the physical shape I was left in after working this job for 6 months. – less
AR Clerk
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee), Montgomery, ILJanuary 10, 2014
I handled 850+ EFT accounts... processing payments, billing reports and notifications to customers. Handle incoming phone calls from customers and special projects as needed.
Fun warehouse if you can take the hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Springfield, OHJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: breaks and lunches were nice
Cons: long hours
The job at Eby-Brown is fast paced and is decent paying with good benefits, if you are willing to potentially work twelve hours.
It was a fun place to work
Order Picker (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 19, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: short breaks
The day started with a meeting, then you went to your asiggned department and did your work.The managers were cool light hearted people who were serious about there work but could joke around too.The hardest part of the day was the end of the night i would climb up on the light to get all the stuck boxes it was pretty hi up.any down time we had it was – more... fun to talk and get to know the other co-workers. – less
Managment is cool, but the amout of work we do there is outrageous. One who says they're over worked and under paid has obviously never worked here.
Product Distribution Specialist (Current Employee), MINovember 25, 2013
A typical day starts out quiet and boring, the first four hours of your day you spend by yourself and cutting boxes and stocking them in the storage racks. Management is cool, they all had to start from the bottom so they all know how it its to be in your position, so they do what they can to not make your job suck as much. For the most part the kind – more... of people you work with are criminals and dropouts, they really will hire anybody there. The amount of physical labor you do in comparison the the amount you are getting paid is ridiculous. The only useful thing I learned, was how to operate a forklift. – less
Not a good place to work
Driver/ delivery (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MiOctober 17, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: to much to list.
This company uses its drivers to do major grunt work while very much under paid for industry standards. They have a high turn over rate for there drivers because they won't compete with other company's in the same field, so once the drivers come aboard they go somewhere else where they are compensated properly and appreciated. To unload or lump a entire – more... trailer with a hand cart, while rushing to meet a box count that is ridiculous. If your ahead of schedule and on time to every stop, that's still not enough for this company. Stay away from this place. You will truly regret it, and 40hrs a week is defiantly not a promise!!!!! – less

About Eby-Brown

Eby-Brown makes its money on such vices as munchies and nicotine. The company is a leading convenience store supplier that distributes – Read more