Eby-Brown Employee Reviews in United States

Eby
Procurement Intern (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 7, 2016
sub par pay for a sub par company. everyone leaves within first years at company. turnover is too frequent. management should do somehing about this
Great work environment
Route deliveryman (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJune 29, 2016
Working there was a very educational experience for me , You learned something new everyday . I was able to travel to different stores throughout the south and deal with very unique customers. got along very well with all of the other drivers .
Pros
Good hours and benefits
Cons
waiting for the paperwork to get done
Very attentive
Forklift Operator/ Order picker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21224June 25, 2016
Working as a order picker and forklift operator taught me a lot of wholesale companies. Using new technology in order picking helped me with my learning process in this field. Now that I have the knowledge of using computers in order picking I think I am qualified for any and all warehouse positions.
Alright place to work
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 24, 2016
It was a fairly alright place to work. There are a few employees that feel they have more authority then they actually do and have very bad attitudes. Also hazing is problem in the plant.
Pros
schedualed breaks
Cons
Hazing and moody coworkers
productive
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 23, 2016
Very productive company,to be a factory job it pays terrible and treat you like animals. They will give you a time when youll get off and want let you leave even if your work is done.
Pros
its a job
Cons
pay
Productive workplace
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ILJune 11, 2016
The hardest part of the job is trying to get a full 40 hour week. I enjoy how easy and simple the tasks are. A typical day at work is about 7 hours long and consists of picking certain items from a sheet of paper.
Very friendly environment and repetitive job
2nd Shift Assistant Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILJune 7, 2016
Came in everyday and managed roughly anywhere from 30-60 people, was always multitasking and being very time manageable with daily tasks and projects that were assigned to me for the day. Main focus was to get the job and everyone out in an efficient speed. Was a big problem solver, due to the fact i dealt with so many people and got to learn how to word with different human behaviors and how to talk to a large group of people in a strong approachable way. Learned alot from different mentors while i was there. They showed me alot about life and how to be tough and compassionate at the same time. Learned policies and politics, and different procedures and steps that are needed when handling different situations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I got to interact with so many good people and always was a positive impact to them. And if i had to say the hardest part of the job, well it would have to be the hours. Working from 1pm till 3 or 5am is not a good schedule to balance your normal life and work life.
Pros
Opportunity breaks, alot of hands on, opportunities to advance within the company
Cons
extremely long hours, pay, higher management doesnt care for employees, lack of value from higher management
poor communication leads to endless problems
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 5, 2016
poor communication between management and employees causes daily issues in many departments. No coaching was given, expected to learn everything on my own when I started.
Excellent sales environment!
New Business Development - IL (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ilMay 30, 2016
Key account and New business development in the convenient store industry. Maintain and acquire accounts in the C-store industry.
Overall Good Job
Freezer/Cooler Picker (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INApril 26, 2016
Nice place to work, great benefits and perks, compensated for the work you do, much opportunity for advancement. There are a lot of hours to work. Not much time with family.
Nice place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 14, 2016
This is a great place to work with lots of opportunities to advance. Unfortunately, the night shift was a bit under-staffed. Other than that, it is a quick job to learn and is worth the pay.
Pros
advancment
class a cdl drivers
Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, NJApril 1, 2016
starting hours were not ideal for people with children. but the pay is worth it and the people were good to work with. Only negative would be the lack of support from the main office in providing the remote route drivers with helpers so that they arent working 14-16 hours a day.
productive and communitative
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 29, 2016
I go in late and come out of work in the morning. I learned how to ride a pallet-rider and how to properly check-in the drivers that were coming back from there routes and to properly distribute the product returned. the management was great and they gave us updates on what is all going on. my co-workers were great and fun. the hardest part of the job was remembering were some of the product belongs if I have never seen it before. the most enjoyable part of the job was having break and talking to my co-workers
Pros
breaks
Cons
when work got light had to do anoher job in warehouse
Good place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ILMarch 24, 2016
Great start for drivers. You drive to locations and deliver a lot of product to stores. Hard on your knees and back because you have to run up and down a ramp. Very difficult to pull a semi trailer into some of the tiny gas stations they require you to deliver to.
Pros
Pay and good management for transportation.
Cons
Difficult work for people not in shape
productive and fast paced
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 22, 2016
I enjoyed the stability, fast paced and team work .Management was the hardest part of the job , I learned patience and hard work .
Pros
insurance was good
Cons
very strict breaks
Nice place to work, not a bad company
Warehouse/dock worker (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ILMarch 2, 2016
Very physical job, different machines were taught to me, management is good, a lot of young people work there, some people can be very lazy, difficult working second shift with a family, but they offer a very good bonus program.
great enviroment
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 23, 2016
Great job nice people it was a steping stone for customer service for me I also learned data entry and credit processing and inventory
Difficult but rewarding job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at Eby Brown was hard and often long, never less than 10 hour shifts. When I first was promoted to supervisor of the juice department, I found it a little bit difficult to communicate with my crew, mostly because they were much older than me. They were not so willing to take orders from me, a 19 year old at the time. This environment taught me how to be patient but also how to speak as an authority, not as another co-worker. By the time I had moved to the dock to become the supervisor, I was able to incorporate my natural skills of being a leader and be confident about the decisions I made. I used these abilities to communicate with my co-workers, management, other supervisors from other departments, and drivers to ensure trucks were being loaded efficiently. the hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts on the dock, but the most rewarding aspect of it was that at the end of the day we, as a team, with me at the lead were able to complete another day with success.
Pros
good people and managment, occasionally free lunch, break room
Cons
long hours and abnormal break times
Warehouse
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 10, 2016
you need a fast pace and a desire to clean to work in this job. a strong voice for the voice pick system is a plus. you will want to be cross trained to make you job simpler
Performed various data entry tasks.
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 6, 2015
I performed various data entry and processing tasks of orders and accounts receivable. I also generated and printed our customer order books. There was no interaction with the public.