EBY Brown

EBY Brown Employee Reviews

Few breaks, always on your feet moving.
Packaging Operator (Former Employee), Springfield, OHJune 15, 2015
Learned to use a meat slicer and how to properly prepare and package food that were to be delivered. Directed the delivery of foods to different locations.
Great Home time however Low Pay
Class A route driver (Former Employee), Montgomery, ILMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great Home time
Cons: Low Pay
Delivery of general products to gas stations and convienence stores. The equipment was less than satisfactory. The management changed multiple times. The trucks were loaded very poorly due to the short load time that was allowed.
people make the job
Order Selector (Former Employee), Montgomery, ILMay 9, 2015
Pros: really easy
Cons: workers are lazy, if you work hard you will be working harder once they see that
i personally worked 3 to 4 different areas every night because they hire so many lazy people. worked at least 12 hours every night. pay is 10 to 11 dollars you work a yr for a 20 cent raise . extremely easy job though
Great people
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: cold, little pay
Hard work for little pay. I learned not to trust people. The management did everything they could to help everyone. Working 14 hour nights affected my relationship. I worked with a couple great people
Great experience
Warehouse Worker/Driver (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 22, 2015
This company was one of the best i've been involved with, managers were great. Pay wasnt the best but it was do able, equipment was great and so were the people.
N ot a ery fun place to work.
Truck Advisor (Former Employee), Springfield, OHFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: hours management
The job was easy. the hour where crazy didn't have a set time to leave so you could work 12-15 hours. Management was okay not the greatest. The hardest part of the job was really the hours.
Good Experience
Replenishment Buyer (Current Employee), Naperville, ILFebruary 2, 2015
I learned a lot while working here. You gain the skills and knowledge of a fast paced industry everyday. It's a large company with a small company feel.
Not enough money for the stress you have to deal with.
Picker (Former Employee), Springfield, OHJanuary 13, 2015
I don't mind hard, physical work at all. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the crazy co-workers, and the lazy ones. If you're a great, hard worker, you always had to pick up their slack and management wasn't always the best. I feel the company did not care for employees when I worked there, but it could have changed since then. The best part about this job was the friends I made while there and the health insurance wasn't a bad thing at all.
Not a very productive Plant
Accounts Receivables (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 10, 2015
This plant could have been very successful if the correct management was in place,
Very easy-going and simple job
Freezer/Cooler Supervisor (Current Employee), Rockmart, GADecember 31, 2014
Pros: healthcare and bonuses
Cons: management, hours
The work is very simple and to the point and the environment is very easy-going and smooth. The overall flaw is the management. They are very lazy and sometimes to laid back. It always seems like they are regular slacking workers rather than our leaders and bosses. You work very close to others and use a lot of team work. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the slacking management and their ways.
Fun atmosphere with great people
Totes / Picker (Former Employee), Plainfield, INDecember 4, 2014
Pros: i was able to make my own schedule as far as days but not hours
Cons: no bonuses for tote department
Eby Brown was a good place to work for my position was part time and didnt provide enough hours that I needed. The workflow was steady and fast paced unloading and loading totes from trailers everyday. I was in charge of preparing the totes so that when the orders were filled they could be shipped. The hardest part of the job was pulling skids across the warehouse with pallet jacks but was able to be done with no problem.
Steady paced work enviroment
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee), Rockmart, GANovember 24, 2014
Pros: steady employment
Cons: low pay
Steady paced work enviroment, long hours, constantly standing. Not many chances for advancement. Easy to follow work instructions. Good People. Steady employment, they are always hiring. Driven to complete tasks in a fast manner. Some work incentives.
Good
Order Picker (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MINovember 18, 2014
Eby brown was a great company to work for. Everyone helps each other out.The work was divide among everyone. One person did not have a greater work load than other employees. If the company was in houston i would have transferred. Ths job really taught me a lot.
returns clerk (Current Employee), ypsilanti,MIOctober 15, 2014
Working with drivers to check in returns that the stores send back.
An average day
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Springfield, OHOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free water supplied
Cons: always waiting on something
An average day in Eby brown consist of loading the cooler, helping out on the juice check line, then merging half the trucks from each department. I have learned you always have to work hard and be willing to swallow your pride. My management is down to Earth understanding people. The hardest part of my job is the consistent waiting on the trucks to be loaded. I enjoy being productive, I also enjoy being able to move around when I need too. I just want something that stimulates my mind a little bit more.
Production in the work place
Commissary/Clerk (Former Employee), Springfield, OHOctober 7, 2014
Pros: hours, benefits
Cons: cold temperatures, working past 12 hour shifts
A typical day at Eby Brown would be making sandwiches packaging and shipping sandwiches for Speedway. I learned sometimes you have to work as a team to get things done. But other times certain people won't contribute and that makes it hard and we have to work longer hours.
Decent pay and great benefits package
Warehouse Foreman (Former Employee), Plainfield, INSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits, job security, attendance bonus, yearly bonus
Cons: poor holiday work schedule, immature employees, never know when you are going to get off no set schedule
Worked 2nd shift so a typical day was 2pm to 12 am. Mainly picking and packing depending on what department management puts you in.

You get cross trained in every department in the warehouse so you learn a lot in a short amount of time. I would have to say the hardest part about the job is very poor management it's just unorganized and most co-workers are very young and immature. There also is a very high turn over rate for new hires. Also sometimes especially in the spring and summers employee attendance is poor and you end up having to do twice the amount of work to cover for the absent employees in your department. For example if you have 10 people in your department and 2 call in plan on working a 12 hour mandatory shift.

This place never closes no matter how bad the weather. If there is 10 inches of snow or a tornado outside plan on coming in to work or be penalized for not coming in to work. On top of that they make you work a 6 day week and give you one day off to make up for all the employees that stayed home in bad weather.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being supervisor of my department and controlling the work flow in it. It's really a low stress warehouse environment compared to other warehouses I've worked. Paid every week and they give you attendance bonuses every month just for coming to work so that was great.
Constant work fast pace.
Lead Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Montgomery, ILSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: paycheck every friday.
Cons: low pay.
Order sheet piece pick from start to finish. Cycle counts everyday. Learned to drive forklift and supervise my own team. Good management team. Co workers shifted to any area needed. Hardest part of job was keeping employees. High turnover ratio. Most enjoyable part optional overtime.
Typical day at the work place
Commissary/Clerk (Former Employee), Springfield, OHSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: working over 12 hour shifts
We made sandwiches for Eby Brown and packaging them. I worked there for 9 years and watched a lot of people come and go. The thing I didn't like about working here was the dreaded long cold hours and people not wanting to follow simple instructions and causing fights. There is a lot of disrespect especially when the management won't do anything about it. The only good thing about working here was the benefits.
very fast pace job with good benfits
Picker (Former Employee), 2051 baseline rdAugust 13, 2014
Picking items off of assembles lines putting them into totes the hardest part of the job was we didn't know when we will get off sometimes we would do a 14hr shift

1 2 3 4

About EBY Brown

For over 120 years, Eby-Brown has been a leading convenience store supplier and wholesale food distributor of tobacco, candy, – Read more

EBY Brown Salaries