ECCA (EyeMasters, Binyon''s Visonworks...) Employee Reviews

Lab Manager
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Meadows Lane at Meadows MallApril 9, 2015
I am rehire able for every job I've worked. I was never fired or asked to resign.Working for ECCA , I was required to work 45-50 hrs.(salary).I cut prescriptions into Eye wear. Maintenance, repair,and calibration of All machines in the lab. I was responsible for ordering lens stock and parts for all preventative maintenance on The Entire Lab.
I had 2 great lab techs that were great at attendance and performance.. The most enjoyable part was that I knew everything there is to know about Optics Vision Correctness and maintaining my machines, my crew, and my productivity.It was a fast pace job , but to me it was hardly like work at all.
Hardest part about leaving was to become a full time Dad. I knew back then it would be difficult to get back in Optics and decided not to go back into it.
Pros
Free Eyewear, 2 pairs yearly.
Cons
That I no longer work there.
fastpaced work invironment great coworkers
Optician/Retail Mgr (Former Employee) –  glendale azMarch 17, 2015
Working with this Company was enjoyable. The coworkers were hard workers who cared about the outcome of their customer care. The hardest part of this job was sending a patient away without their product due to delays in shipments or being out of their products.
Fun place to work, terrible hours
Licensed Dispensing Optician, Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hts, OHFebruary 1, 2015
The optical business pays pretty well. The most difficult part are the hours. Evenings and weekends and holidays are required as this is more of a retail position.
Pros
laid back atmosphere
Cons
the hours are terrible
Great place to work and thrive in a competitive environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 10, 2015
Eyemasters really thrived on proactive coaching, positive reinforcement, and setting smart goals for yourselves, while creating a structured training environment.
fast paced place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 9, 2014
No management in place while I worked there, I assumed the role of the store manager without monetary compensation by the company. When the position finally became available it was not given to me. Great learning experience but not many advancement opportunties.
Pros
great pay plus commission
Cons
poor hours
Great place to learn the basics of optics.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Produce eye wear in a timely manner. Troubleshoot any existing problems with glasses and different optical equipment. Check quality of all eye wear including work that comes from the specialty lab. Check due dates and status of all work in progress. Met job per hour requirements, sometimes exceeding requirement level. Kept lens and frame breakage low.
Pros
good place to expand knowledge of lab.
Cons
not enough areas to expand career.
Fun place to work
Lab Technician and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2014
If you are young and are looking for a job that will let you interact with the public this is a good one to have.
no support in sells will take your sells mangement fires everyone
Manager/Sales/Training Staff (Former Employee) –  wallisville /bwayFebruary 3, 2014
start the day with sales learning the product sellgetting infor for insurance finding glasses to fit the face for coustmers cashier cleaning etc
Pros
nnone
Cons
no on going training
Great Job
Optician/Eyewear Specialist (Former Employee) –  dallasJanuary 25, 2014
Good job i recommend for college kids starting out in the retail industry
Pros
good job
Cons
bad managers
Just another low end one hour optical company.
Lead Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 6, 2013
These one hour optical places have an upside down hierarchy. The stores and districts are all managed by sales oriented managers that have no idea what they are talking about. The lab employees are the strength of this company and the sales team has poor overall training. The AR products are cheap but charged quality prices. Overall if you have experience they will offer you money, but be prepared to put up with a lot of stress and hostile conditions at times.
Pros
pay
Cons
long hours, no breaks, poor leadership
A dead end job
EWS (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2013
This company does not thoroughly review applicants as well as leadership applicants. The one's who are exceptional usually does all the work and is underpaid. You can check their background and see for yourself with the high retention rate. It's cool if you are in school and you are trying to get by, however, it will bleed you dry. Regardless if they work with your hours, this is a place of business. If you don't meet whatever needs they acquire, they will drop you like a bad habit. I only ask that they compensate their employees as much as they change store promotions.
Pros
free glasses
Cons
no protection plan for glasses, low pay, aggressive demands
Different enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 4, 2013
The best thing of this job was the fact that I was not just a sales associate. My main job was to help customers file their eyeglass prescriptions, but I did so much more. I was taught to do the pre-screening for the eye exams, schedule appointments, and check the patients in and out.
Pros
learning experience
great company to work for and had a blast learning about Optical Retail
Visionworks Optician/3rd Key Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 18, 2013
coming into this company was a total change from what I was familiar with fashion retail but I enjoyed the challenge of learning Optical retail and the extensive training broadend my mind on one on one customer service with customers weither it was transposing perscriptions or taking measurements of customers eyes in all it was a great experience and it helped having a staff that was willing to learn and allowed me to manage and train them to the best of my knowledge.
Pros
great vision benefits
Cons
lack of payroll and work hours
Eyes, eyes, all about eyes
Eyewear Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2013
I cant say to much about this position, it was a great stepping stone upon moving to Texas.
Pros
free pair of prescription frames and lenses
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun workplace
Optical Manager/ Technician/ Lab (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 9, 2013
Helping citizens see
Great management opportunity
Well rounded co-workers
Hardest part of the job was dealing with working within a Shopping Mall
Most enjoyable: Ability to meed a varity of people
Pros
good technical experience
Cons
most of the time worked within a shopping mall
Awesome
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 8, 2013
This was one of the best places to work while going to college. Doc worked around your schedule.
Pros
great for students
Cons
not enough coffee
Great Benefits but Small Pay
Third Key Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 4, 2012
This company is so money centered that they really do not care about patients or anything else. They won't even put in a box to collect old eyeglasses for the poor. They cut the hours so as to not have to pay the benefits. Lunch is 30 minutes and expensive in the area and there is no adequate place to eat if you bring your lunch. This cuts into your low salary. They allow certain employees to sit around and text on cell phones all day while a few work at getting all the manual labor done. No raises, no respect. Not enough money to live on.
Pros
free eyeglasses or contacts within 30 days
Cons
no hours
exciting and fun fashion environment
Eyewear Specialist - eyewear sales (Former Employee) –  Overland park, KSNovember 28, 2012
Loved working and educating the public about the newest optical tends and technologies.
Pros
great location
Cons
retail hours
It was a very enjoyable place to work at.
lab technician apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LaNovember 16, 2012
The hardest part of working in the lab is getting use to all of the equipment. I learned a lot about making eyeglasses. My co-workers were fantastic.
mediocre pay for a lot of responsibility
Assistant Manager (Third Key) (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 29, 2012
I worked like a full time associate but did not get to take advantage of the benefits because I was hired on as a part-time associate and I did not like this treatment.