ECCA (EyeMasters, Binyon''s Visonworks...)

ECCA (EyeMasters, Binyon''s Visonworks...) Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Lab Technician and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2014
If you are young and are looking for a job that will let you interact with the public this is a good one to have.
no support in sells will take your sells mangement fires everyone
Manager/Sales/Training Staff (Former Employee), wallisville /bwayFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: nnone
Cons: no on going training
start the day with sales learning the product sellgetting infor for insurance finding glasses to fit the face for coustmers cashier cleaning etc
Great Job
Optician/Eyewear Specialist (Former Employee), dallasJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: good job
Cons: bad managers
Good job i recommend for college kids starting out in the retail industry
Just another low end one hour optical company.
Lead Lab Technician (Former Employee), Springfield, MODecember 6, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: long hours, no breaks, poor leadership
These one hour optical places have an upside down hierarchy. The stores and districts are all managed by sales oriented managers that have no idea what they are talking about. The lab employees are the strength of this company and the sales team has poor overall training. The AR products are cheap but charged quality prices. Overall if you have experience – more... they will offer you money, but be prepared to put up with a lot of stress and hostile conditions at times. – less
A dead end job
EWS (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 16, 2013
Pros: free glasses
Cons: no protection plan for glasses, low pay, aggressive demands
This company does not thoroughly review applicants as well as leadership applicants. The one's who are exceptional usually does all the work and is underpaid. You can check their background and see for yourself with the high retention rate. It's cool if you are in school and you are trying to get by, however, it will bleed you dry. Regardless if they – more... work with your hours, this is a place of business. If you don't meet whatever needs they acquire, they will drop you like a bad habit. I only ask that they compensate their employees as much as they change store promotions. – less
Different enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAApril 4, 2013
Pros: learning experience
The best thing of this job was the fact that I was not just a sales associate. My main job was to help customers file their eyeglass prescriptions, but I did so much more. I was taught to do the pre-screening for the eye exams, schedule appointments, and check the patients in and out.
great company to work for and had a blast learning about Optical Retail
Visionworks Optician/3rd Key Manager (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXMarch 18, 2013
Pros: great vision benefits
Cons: lack of payroll and work hours
coming into this company was a total change from what I was familiar with fashion retail but I enjoyed the challenge of learning Optical retail and the extensive training broadend my mind on one on one customer service with customers weither it was transposing perscriptions or taking measurements of customers eyes in all it was a great experience and – more... it helped having a staff that was willing to learn and allowed me to manage and train them to the best of my knowledge. – less
Eyes, eyes, all about eyes
Eyewear Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: free pair of prescription frames and lenses
Cons: n/a
I cant say to much about this position, it was a great stepping stone upon moving to Texas.
Productive and fun workplace
Optical Manager/ Technician/ Lab (Former Employee), Longview, TXJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: good technical experience
Cons: most of the time worked within a shopping mall
Helping citizens see
Great management opportunity
Well rounded co-workers
Hardest part of the job was dealing with working within a Shopping Mall
Most enjoyable: Ability to meed a varity of people
Awesome
Office Manager (Former Employee), Mentor, OHJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: great for students
Cons: not enough coffee
This was one of the best places to work while going to college. Doc worked around your schedule.
Great Benefits but Small Pay
Third Key Sales Manager (Former Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 4, 2012
Pros: free eyeglasses or contacts within 30 days
Cons: no hours
This company is so money centered that they really do not care about patients or anything else. They won't even put in a box to collect old eyeglasses for the poor. They cut the hours so as to not have to pay the benefits. Lunch is 30 minutes and expensive in the area and there is no adequate place to eat if you bring your lunch. This cuts into your – more... low salary. They allow certain employees to sit around and text on cell phones all day while a few work at getting all the manual labor done. No raises, no respect. Not enough money to live on. – less
exciting and fun fashion environment
Eyewear Specialist - eyewear sales (Former Employee), Overland park, KSNovember 28, 2012
Pros: great location
Cons: retail hours
Loved working and educating the public about the newest optical tends and technologies.
It was a very enjoyable place to work at.
lab technician apprentice (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LaNovember 16, 2012
The hardest part of working in the lab is getting use to all of the equipment. I learned a lot about making eyeglasses. My co-workers were fantastic.
mediocre pay for a lot of responsibility
Assistant Manager (Third Key) (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 29, 2012
I worked like a full time associate but did not get to take advantage of the benefits because I was hired on as a part-time associate and I did not like this treatment.
Nice place to work
Licensed Optician/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mary Esther, FLOctober 20, 2012
Pros: morinig or evening shifts
Cons: company on all employees about sales and selling certain product
If you are in school, they will work around your classes. Several employees did this and workded part time.
A Great Place to Work
General Manager (Current Employee), Cottonwood, Albuquerque NMOctober 14, 2012
EyeMasters is a highly ethical company that produces quality eyewear at a reasonable price. As the General Manager, Iam responsible for the bottom-line performance of the store. I am an effective leader that expcts the best out of my associates and delivers as promised.
Enjoyed my experience
Eyewear Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2012
Good experience. Worked well as part time employment during a full time school schedule.
Fun and education workplace
Lab Journeyman/Eyewear Specialist (Former Employee), Houma, LAAugust 19, 2012
Pros: advancement opportunities, benifits, environment
Cons: payment, hours
This job is where I learned everything I know in optical. I started off in sales and moved to lab work. The management and coworkers are equally amazing. There are plenty of chances for advancement in any area you would want to grow into. The hardest part of the job was mostly the hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experiences.
Busy but fun
Retail Manager/ Eyewear Specialist (Former Employee), Laredo, TXAugust 8, 2012
Pros: dinner on fridays
Cons: management change on a regular basis
working here was like a dream job. The staff was great and fun, all good friends, dinner every friday night as one big happy family. Management was like big sister always looking out for us and making sure we did our work with pride and great attitudes. It was a great experience.
NA
Third Key Manager (Current Employee), Baytown, TXJuly 16, 2012
I love to help and give them what they NEED, not what someone else wants them to have for their personal gain. The gift of sight is the most amazing thing in the world! This particular company does not care about their employees, only the all mightty dollar.