ECCO Employee Reviews

Nope
Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2016
Great money, but literally the worst place I've ever worked. I wouldn't recommend anyone applying here because there is no progression with this company. Management is the worst, they play favorites, they never want to do their job, and they are inconsistent. The people that they have working there are lazy, back stabbing, and completely delusional. That place is like a mental institution. There a few great people there. But don't sell your soul to this company, you'll be stuck there forever!
Pros
Daily lunch stipend, health beneifits
A good distribution warehouse
Packer (Former Employee) –  New HampshireOctober 27, 2016
ECCO shore company USA distribution warehouse was a fine place to work. the benefits were great and the drastically reduced employee shoe sales were wonderful. Overall if not for the recession I may still be working there.
Pros
Great benefits, employee shoe sales, and vacation time
Cons
Open bay warehouse so cold in the winter and hot in the summer
Great people, horrible company
IT Recruitment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 22, 2016
The environment and the people that work there are great. But the company itself is in a constant state of change, they will devise a business plan and then when that fails, they will release any execs that they hired for that plan and turn around and start another play. This period changes anywhere from 3 to 6 months. The place is a revolving door. The company has been in business for 20 years and has absolutely no policies or procedures in place. They never have performance reviews thus never give raises. The business is family owned and while the oldest son is kind and hard working, the younger son is lazy and egotistical and only in a management position because his parents put him there. I'd stay away from this company.
Pros
great people, lots of perks
Cons
no raises, high turn over
Special Projects Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 20, 2016
I was hired on for a particular project that only consisted of posting payments. The project was very straightforward and management was very involved. You were always welcome to ask questions and everyone was friendly.
Pros
30 minute lunches
Unprofessional Management
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2016
Nobody should have to be quiet about a place that cooks food in a building that needs a bug exteriminator. I refused to be written up about chewing gum while management gets away with profanity and words of a male manager "desire". Just awful.
Excellent Place to Work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 5, 2016
I started working at ECCO in January 2013 as an intern; after my time was up, I stayed on as a volunteer because I highly believe in what ECCO stands for.. ECCO is a fairly new Organization and they provide FREE after-school programming to our youth. Which includes but is not limited to: homework help, arts & crafts, Physical fitness, Vocabulary development..etc.. the children who attend ECCO absolutely love attending and look forward to the variety of activities that ECCO provides. The children combined with the incredible staff makes volunteering at ECCO a No-brainer.
Pros
Free Homework help, open gym, snacks, Free Summer Program ( Free Meals Provided), and Incredible Team
Cons
Due to funding, ECCO is only open a few times per week :(
a great place to work in
N/A (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 25, 2016
The customers are amazing and the employees are great to get along with. The Store is a fast pace work very easy to learn from.
Pros
the enviroment
Cons
the new District Manager
Working at Ecco
Blank (Current Employee) –  455 Trolley Line Blvd #265, Mashantucket, CT 06338March 21, 2016
Working at Ecco has offered me room to advance, grow and hone my skills from a sale associate to manager. Provides an interesting atmosphere. Everything something new is learned.
Assisted with the Residential and Service Coordinator Supervisors
SCA and RCA (Former Employee) –  Madison, SDDecember 12, 2015
At ECCO, I was a jack of all trades. I did anything and everything that they needed. Duties varied from the residential grocery shopping, clerical duties, and working directly in the shop with customers. The co workers were great.
Pros
The working hours
Cons
The pay and benefits
Good experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 2, 2016
Worked as a store manager. Good experience as it afforded me the opportunity to move out of "big box" retail. allowed me to work closer with the owner and have a bigger and more influence on merchandise.
Pros
Ability to be more of my own boss.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Clean, High paced and challenging environment with lots of learning
Chef (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2015
The restaurant opened at 10 am and my station had to be set up by 9 am, as a personal goal. I coordinated with the entire kitchen on most orders because many of the dishes had several different components. Clean as you go is the best course of action when working anywhere, especially a kitchen. The hardest part is shutting down the restaurant. The best part is hearing or seeing a satisfied customer.
productive and amazing workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  cairo - downtown - commerce syndicateOctober 7, 2015
working for a short period helped me a lot to identify and set my goals + building a strong friendship with my teammates + training there needs to be improved a little bit
Pros
workplace
Cons
training
A great company
Full-Time Key Holder (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 13, 2015
A great company with its perks and great deals. Everybody is treated equally with respect and comforted as a family. Also a great work place with supportive management.
Good training and resources on product.
Assistant Store Manger (Current Employee) –  GlendaleApril 29, 2015
I enjoy working for Ecco Shoes they have quality product and are among the best leather manufactures in the World. Training resources online certification for selling and understanding company visions and standards.
Pros
Reasonable compensation
Cons
Review partly based on the work of others.
company overview
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 19, 2014
I loved my job at ECCO. Everyday I did the same thing. make sales take orders from customers, paperwork, stock room. I had a wonderful team that worked by my side. I never asked them to do anything I would not do myself. My ROM at the time was an AMAZING guy and was actually working along side us as employees instead of acting like we had no say on anything that happened. I had to get comfortable with dealing with complications in the work place due to co workers fighting but I learned how to handle it professionally and it was all smooth from there. Everything I did there felt rewarding.
Pros
free shoes, nice discount
Cons
bad pay, HR was not ran as it should be
Easy Work
Select - Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  LA, CAOctober 15, 2012
I would normally wake up at around 4-5am and start driving to work at the various locations that my manager needed me to be at. Driving was either 20 minutes or 2 hours long.

I was able to pair up with a fun, knowledgeable partner- whom was more experienced than I was ...though that didn't matter much with the work we were doing.

With our team work, we were able to get there in and out.
Pros
great pay and compensation
Cons
short term contract
Basic description
Industrial Engineer Sales Support Functions (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 15, 2012
Ecco/Gregory is a manufacturers representative for industrial control products specializing in valves, valve automation, instrumentation and filtration. We are a company that runs with a family atmosphere.
The operation is small and management is nice to work with.
I have been able to grow my experience with Customer Service and sales.
They had Christmas parties and family picnic
Assembler/tester (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 24, 2015
It was a very fun place to work. The new owners wanted quantity not quality. So they push there employees to put more out. I build and tested back- alarms for 23 years.
This job was extremely rewarding for I had many accomplishments.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Madison, SDFebruary 15, 2013
During the years I worked with the physically and mentally challenged, FAS, Turrets, Alzheimers and had opportunity to work with hospice in a few situations. This was not an easy job however, I did go home at night feeling I had accomplished something.
Every day was different.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Madison, SDJuly 29, 2014
Spent several years here working in many locations. I received training as a life coach and attended several seminars and training programs. This job was my life.
Pros
The people I assisted.
Cons
Having to leave everyone behind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ECCO. Our community is ready to answer.