ECCO Employee Reviews

Slow-paced, poorly-managed, but steady work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cucamonga, CAAugust 24, 2017
Working here, you will most likely not have the benefit of working with the most modern technology, the most effective managers, or an exciting, fast-paced environment, but you WILL have a very stable, steady job.
Loved working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  805 S Grand Central Pkwy #1965 Las Vegas, NV 89106August 7, 2017
This was my first job and I loved it the people were great. It made working fun. The costumers were good, but not all of them knew English. But was great over all.
Pros
good team
Cons
not full time
Steady Busy environment
LDSP- Lead Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Madison, SDJuly 12, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the adults with Disabilities. They all have their own fun personalities that makes working with them delightful. Some days that hardest thing can be behaviors but you nearly always have backup to help.
Pros
People supported, Coworkers
Cons
Management, odd hours
Productive and Welcoming workplace
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAJune 16, 2017
Ecco is a very positive environment with a friendly staff. I have learned how to multitask better. Management is respectful & appropriate. I loved it.
Pros
Free pair of shoes every season
Cons
Sometimes slow pacing
Used to be a fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 5, 2017
Under new ownership and management styles differ. No longer employee friendly. Now new Owners drive for making more bucks and employees come second if they are lucky. They used have a Team Leader there that made coming to work there with him fun.
Productive and Fun Place
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2017
ECCO is the typical retail store. You do get more exposed to learning how shoes are made and what makes the brand different from other ones and its a smaller shoes store.
Good job but not good management.
Warehouse worker/Production worker (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID 83705May 19, 2017
I loved working for Ecco and then one day the manager decided the work was "too much" for me. I worked very, very hard it was a huge let down.
Everything else about the job was great, the co-workers were all so friendly and people actually left you alone while you were trying to work.
Pros
Hour lunches, great break room!
Cons
Management with shipping, felt I wasn't good enough.
Fast pace hare laboer
Electrican Helper (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 16, 2017
The only thing great about this job is that they pay u for your worth but barley have work for u like u stay on the shelvef for weeks before u work didn't like that
Pros
Money
Cons
Barley have work
Great opportunity
Cerner Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 30, 2017
I enjoy working when their is available work from ECCO, They have a great organization, Not enough opportunities to work, lack of work available, Great pay
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
lack of work available
Not bad
Computer Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYApril 11, 2017
You drove around repairing PC/Laptop though it was a decent hourly rate but, you had to use your own car and no mileage. My boss lived in another state so, I only talked to him a few times awake but, I was mostly left to do my thing the freedom was really nice.
Good basic workplace
Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMarch 31, 2017
Dealing with everyday customers involving finding them the proper accessories. Learned about different types of problems people encounter different type of shoe comfort.
Pros
Different varieties of lunch to choose form
benefits
Good workplace
Zone Processor (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJanuary 1, 2017
It was a good workplace. Most of the people got along and worked well with each other. Always had something to do. It was a good workplace.
Special Projects Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 20, 2016
I was hired on for a particular project that only consisted of posting payments. The project was very straightforward and management was very involved. You were always welcome to ask questions and everyone was friendly.
Pros
30 minute lunches
Unprofessional Management
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2016
Nobody should have to be quiet about a place that cooks food in a building that needs a bug exteriminator. I refused to be written up about chewing gum while management gets away with profanity and words of a male manager "desire". Just awful.
A good distribution warehouse
Packer (Former Employee) –  New HampshireOctober 27, 2016
ECCO shore company USA distribution warehouse was a fine place to work. the benefits were great and the drastically reduced employee shoe sales were wonderful. Overall if not for the recession I may still be working there.
Pros
Great benefits, employee shoe sales, and vacation time
Cons
Open bay warehouse so cold in the winter and hot in the summer
Nope
Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2016
Great money, but literally the worst place I've ever worked. I wouldn't recommend anyone applying here because there is no progression with this company. Management is the worst, they play favorites, they never want to do their job, and they are inconsistent. The people that they have working there are lazy, back stabbing, and completely delusional. That place is like a mental institution. There a few great people there. But don't sell your soul to this company, you'll be stuck there forever!
Pros
Daily lunch stipend, health beneifits
Great people, horrible company
IT Recruitment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 22, 2016
The environment and the people that work there are great. But the company itself is in a constant state of change, they will devise a business plan and then when that fails, they will release any execs that they hired for that plan and turn around and start another play. This period changes anywhere from 3 to 6 months. The place is a revolving door. The company has been in business for 20 years and has absolutely no policies or procedures in place. They never have performance reviews thus never give raises. The business is family owned and while the oldest son is kind and hard working, the younger son is lazy and egotistical and only in a management position because his parents put him there. I'd stay away from this company.
Pros
great people, lots of perks
Cons
no raises, high turn over
Excellent Place to Work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 5, 2016
I started working at ECCO in January 2013 as an intern; after my time was up, I stayed on as a volunteer because I highly believe in what ECCO stands for.. ECCO is a fairly new Organization and they provide FREE after-school programming to our youth. Which includes but is not limited to: homework help, arts & crafts, Physical fitness, Vocabulary development..etc.. the children who attend ECCO absolutely love attending and look forward to the variety of activities that ECCO provides. The children combined with the incredible staff makes volunteering at ECCO a No-brainer.
Pros
Free Homework help, open gym, snacks, Free Summer Program ( Free Meals Provided), and Incredible Team
Cons
Due to funding, ECCO is only open a few times per week :(
a great place to work in
N/A (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 25, 2016
The customers are amazing and the employees are great to get along with. The Store is a fast pace work very easy to learn from.
Pros
the enviroment
Cons
the new District Manager
Working at Ecco
Blank (Current Employee) –  455 Trolley Line Blvd #265, Mashantucket, CT 06338March 21, 2016
Working at Ecco has offered me room to advance, grow and hone my skills from a sale associate to manager. Provides an interesting atmosphere. Everything something new is learned.