Echo Global Logistics

Echo Global Logistics Employee Reviews

Great people and fun atmosphere very low pay
Account Manager (Former Employee), West SacramentoJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Great flexable laid back culture
Cons: hard to make money
My time at Echo was fun, i learned a lot about a growing industry and the work is fun,

although it is fun it is not a place to hang your hat. Company culture is geared to the Millennial Generation of – more... High tech knowledge looking to learn about supply chain management,. The Sales culture is becoming obsolete as they look for young folks to come and find new accounts for them to later turn them into house accounts.

the pay is very low and the commission structure is almost
unobtainable with a lot of moving parts to their system,

My coworkers were awesome and continue to maintain relationships with them

I loved the flexibility of my job

and I learned a lot about logistics and supply chain management..
. – less
Mediocre
Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Sense of purpose, Resume builder
Cons: Leaders can be overbearing and intrusive, Once you're in, you're in.
Any job in the military, whether it is active duty or National Guard/Reserves, will be entirely what you make it. If you are motivated to succeed, you will succeed. If you are not motivated, you will not enjoy the experience.
Great Entry Level Job
National Account Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 19, 2015
Cold calling, cold calling and more cold calling...but when you get a bad or good call people your co-workers will always have an open ear for you.
Not the place for you if looking for a career in Supply Chain
National Accounts Manager, Client Sales Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 5, 2015
Pros: Good place for entry level sales experience
Cons: Do not work here if you want a career in supply chain management
After graduating undergrad from a highly regarded supply chain management program I was recruited by Echo for a position as a national accounts manager. The country was still deep in a recession and I – more... was just happy to have a job offer. I was excited because I thought I was joining an innovative organization ran by supply chain professionals that would help me expand on my education and advance my career. A year or so into the job I realized that I may have made a mistake. I was part of a company that was simply a turn and burn sales machine. My managers, their managers had little to no intellectual prospective about logistics/supply chain. They only knew the words sell sell sell. I applied for a team lead position in my second year. During the interview I was told that my knowledge was of great value, however, they wanted to see me walking around the office talking to people and getting some "high fives" in with other employees. If I did this I could be considered the next time a similar position was open. I did not bother to apply for the next open team lead position because I found this ridiculous and was no longer interested. Fortunately for me I was able to break through to another department that did offer an opportunity to expand my education in logistics/supply chain to some degree. This is not achieved by many as the department I worked for was only a few select individuals. Even after achieving this I decided it was time to move on as my position was still undervalued and underpaid. Most employees will stay in entry level sales or customer service while at this company. If you are a student studying supply chain and want a career in the field I do not recommend working at Echo or any other brokerage unless it is a last resort. If you are looking for an entry level sales position this is a good place to get a start, but do not stay to long. Get some experience and move on to a better organization that offers a clear path for advancement as soon as possible. Do not be blinded by the work hard play hard environment that they use to attract young talent. You will get sick of it quickly unless you are the type that wants to spend their time at happy hours rather than maturing both professionally and personally. Though my personal experiences were positive overall that is not the case for many talented employees at Echo. During my time I witnessed top sales performers get their commissions reduced for exceeding goals and at sometimes even let go with little or no reason. A strange reward for doing well. Their accounts were then absorbed by the company and turned into "house accounts". This is a young public company. They grew fast and want to continue that pattern. Responsible growth is not a priority. Bottom line is that the only people they truly value are investors. Like most public companies they will do whatever it takes to cut costs/increase profit to keep them happy. Their customers and employees are not the top priority which is the unfortunate truth for so many public companies out there. – less
Fun Culture, Driven Young Professionals
Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2015
Pros: Culture
Cons: Job Security
Provide integrated global supply chain management solutions including transportation, warehousing, customs brokerage, freight forwarding consulting services.Assist with customer inquiries via email.
Work – more... in collaboration with client to maintain and provide instruction on Echo Trak, an online system used to request routing for LTL shipments.

The culture at Echo separates itself from all other companies like it. The office culture was fun, engaging and my co-workers and it was an honor to work with such driven young professionals. – less
Great People, Great Potential if it is realized
Analyst (Current Employee), ChicagoApril 9, 2015
great people, very stressful, slackers are not held accountable, people who work hard are expected to be able to support those who don't and are consequently given more work.
fun environment with great opportunity to make money
Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 7, 2015
Pros: able to make a lot of money
Cons: takes a lot of time
bidding on new business and having great opportunity to make a lot of money. The hours are extremely long, commonly you must come in at 7am and do not get out until 630-7pm.
Productive, Fun, Fast Paced, Multi tasking Office Environment
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee), West Sacramento CaliforniaApril 1, 2015
I managed many accounts across the U.S.
I was dispatch, coordinator, customer service, accounts payable and accounts receivable for the different business throughout the U.S.
I was the single point of contact for a number of different businesses making sure that their freight was shipped correctly.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK, WONDERFUL PEOPLE
Account Executive (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 6, 2015
I enjoyed my Tenure at Echo Global Logistics. A lot of Potential with great training available. Spend plenty of time on the phones to coordinate transportation.
Great office environment
Account Executive (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAFebruary 26, 2015
I work in a small office of 7, we all work together as a team. I have grown a lot in the 7 years I have been and gained a tremendous knowledge of the freight industry.
Fun place to work
National Account Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: happy hours and beer fridays
Cons: low pay and poor compensation
Great entry level job with a fun work environment for fresh college grads. They say you can hit commission in a year, but that usually in not the case if you don't have prior knowledge to freight shipping.
Proactive company with an excellant culture
Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2015
Generating new clients by being proficient with phone calls and emails. Coordinating shipments for clients of Inside Sales representatives. Built and strengthened relationships with enterprise level clients. – more... Responsible for research and development of new carriers to be added to Echo’s Carrier Database

Echo Global Logistics is a progressing company that values hard work and dedication to the job. The company has a great work environment with excellent managers and great team chemistry. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can learn something new about the logistics industry everyday. Working at Echo Global teaches you many skills that will help you throughout your career. – less
Ok
Client Sales Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2015
Decent starting out job. Can get monotonous at times. Lots of metrics that you are based on. Lots of employees' first job out of college.
Just a Job
Carrier Sales Representative (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Daily routine...get in, review outstanding paperwork and load issues from previous days.

Check out the load board and see available freight for carriers.

Pound the phones and call carriers.

Book Loads.

Hope that you hit your numbers for the day, send your numbers and leave.
Sell and Oversee all aspects of the day to day operations
Branch Manager/Sales (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Great company great people. I have been hear for over 4 years and love what I do for a living
Carrier Sales Representative
Carrier Sales Representative (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 15, 2015
As Carrier Sales Representative you work long hours. This is an Inside Sales position therefore you are on the phone the entire time trying to look for Carrier's to transport TL freight. This position is not for everyone one, but it was good Inside Sales experience.
Productive work place
Carrier Operations Rep (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere great location
Cons: monotonous days nothings challeging
I think it's a good place to start off. However I don't feel accomplished there and don't really see myself growing there. The management and team are stellar. They are young and energized and very welcoming. But at this stage in my life I am looking for something more.
Good place if you're just out of college
Client Sales Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 12, 2014
For about the first year, you'll only be making cold calls to build your book of business. If you don't like doing this, then this is not the job for you. However, it is a great place to work in that the people are great and happy hours and other work functions are a regular thing.
Kiss good bye to your personal life
Carrier Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2014
Pros: young employees
Cons: fraternity type leadership, the # of hours worked per day is not healthy or sustainable.
Work, work, work....this company wants you to work ALL the time. We're talking M-F 7AM-5:30 PM and you'll be required to come in earlier than that on many occasions. Most reps eat lunch at their desk and – more... you will have to work 1 Saturday each month. Working Xmas Eve and the day after Xmas is required. You are given 3 sick days to use all year. Want to use your vacation time? Good luck getting it approved by your manager...This is a churn and burn factory. There are 5 reps remaining with the company from a training class of 22 and we started less than 1 year ago. – less
Summary Echo
Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 7, 2014
Wonderful place to work ,great culture and base salary. Needs better hours and better comission structure. Great managment!

1 2 3

About Echo Global Logistics

Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled business process outsourcing, serving the transportation and – Read more

Echo Global Logistics Salaries