Echo Global Logistics

Echo Global Logistics Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2014
Pros: healthcare and good atmosphere to work in
Cons: mangers need to have a better relationship with employees
This company is fun but the managers are not monitored closely to ensure that their share of work is done. You will have a balance between work life and family and you get paid well
1099 Agent
Enterprise Consultant (Current Employee), Boise, IDAugust 25, 2014
Company is out of Chicago. I am a 1099 Agent. Need more stability with my new family
Great Company
Client Sales Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2014
This is a great company to work for. The Managers are great and so is upper management.
Enjoyable!
Account Executive (Former Employee), Rogers, MNAugust 6, 2014
I enjoyed work at Echo, the co-workers and management were really great.
Cold calling all day long
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: lots of cold calling
All I did was cold call. When I got home every day all I thought about was who I was going to cold call the next day. The people in my training group were awesome and everyone in the company is young and nice. Makes the cold calling a lot better.
Mediocre to poor
Sales (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 9, 2014
No upward mobility, compensation is VERY poor, and the benefits plan is weak at best. Management lies to you and it is difficult to take time off of work because of the nature of the industry. The pros are: you get to work with a ton of people your age. Ends there.
Great training/learning experience for entry level sales
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: made great friends with collegues
Will make close to 100 calls a day which you spent the time to generate these leads. A lot of work and little play, but if you are blessed to have the patience, discipline, and work ethic, you will surely succeed.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good team
Cons: downsized
A fun place to work my colleagues were awesome. I was dissapointed when my position was terminated due to company financial cut back.
it was ok
National Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2014
management sucked. Over promises and under deliver seems to be there motto
Young Enviroment/Good balance
Client Sales Executive (Former Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 23, 2014
Your day was pretty well scheduled for you--you know what is expected of you and you just need to execute.

Good ratio of sales professionals to managers.

The job would typically end at 5PM.
Terrible Place to Work
National Account Manager (Former Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: a lot of young people work there...
Cons: everything else....
Under paid and under valued. They churn and burn college grads even though you do not need a degree to do the work. They expect you to be there outside of the 8-5 hours and don't give you much of a choice. They give you a lot of unrealistic hope that you will make a lot of money but the market is very saturated and the 'product' that you are selling – more... is not up to par. You get a base salary of $35k and it is very hard to get to a point where you earn any sort of commission. I would only suggest this as a last resort. Finally, I will admit that this is a 'nice' review in comparison. – less
excellent working environment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2013
excellent work environment
not much room to advance
wonderful co-workers
excellent management
typical inside sales job
National Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2013
made a lot of phone calls acquiring new business and maintaing relationships. It was challenging at times but overall was a pretty good working environment.
Revolving Door, Not Worth Your Time
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2013
Pros: training
Cons: compensation, support, culture, no room for career development
Unless you plan in having a long career in logistics, I wouldn't recommend working for Echo. Anyone who reviews this place and says the culture is "great" must be giving a fake review at the order of their boss. The culture is certainly lively, but it is very misogynistic and somewhat predatorial. Despite being a middle-man freight forwarder, mid and – more... upper management acts like they are on Wall Street.

The compensation is a joke, and the recruiters will often mislead you in interviews to give you the sense it will be easy to blow out your numbers. It is not.

The only benefit of working at Echo is their extensive month-long training program when you are first hired. A couple folks in my class quit immediately after the training, and I wished I had followed their lead.

All in all, if you're fresh out of college and you need a steady $2500/mo draw check, then by all means check out Echo. If you like gawking at women and making lewd comments for 8 hours, check out Echo. If you really enjoyed your time in the high school cafeteria, check out Echo. If you live in the real world and want to start a career, this place is not for you. – less
Productive and fun work environment
Business Development Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2013
Pros: good training program, fun work environment
Cons: monthly sales quotas, cold calling potential clients
The work at Echo was challenging as a Business Development Rep. However, The positive energy and upbeat attitudes outweighed the challenges making it an enjoyable place to work.
Cold calling in an internally saturated market
National Account Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2013
70 cold calls a day
accounts management
customer relationship management
handle all invoicing
Echo Global Logistics
National Account Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2013
Great place to get knowledge on the transportation and logistic industry.
Young, fun, and innovative environment.
Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 18, 2013
Pros: experience, knowledge, softball league
Cons: 12 + days, change in compensation
I start my day at 6:30AM where I organize myself so my day can be as efficient as possible. I open up my load board and begin searching for shipments that I can sell to my carrier relationships. I will also source different carriers for different lanes that I haven't developed to create a better buying market for Echo.

Throughout my time at Echo, I – more... have learned to time manage. Our busy work schedule is demanding and I have developed my multi-tasking skills to enhance my productivity. My manager is there to help me with the larger picture. They are pushing us to think big to create success. This can be difficult at times because I work at such a fast pace and can easily get caught up with the day to day sale but quickly readjust and focus on the relationship building. This gets balanced out with all the great co-workers I have and the fun, open environment that Echo has created. – less
Fast- paced, highly competative environment
Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 13, 2013
Pros: young, vibrant company. executives only footsteps away.
Cons: shorthanded
Working in logistics is not a typical 9-5. It often requires attention 24/7, accessibility, and customer service at all times. Email is the quickest and best form of communication.

I have learned that customer relations and service is and will always be number one; if you keep the customer happy, you keep business coming.

Management is very accessible, – more... often with an open door policy.

The hardest part of the job is making sure to keep the customer happy yet protect the bottom line for the company. In a split second a phone call or email could cost you thousands of dollars. Attention to detail is a must. – less
Good way to start your career
Client Sales Executive (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2013
Great fun way to start the "real world". A young company that is growing.

About Echo Global Logistics

Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled business process outsourcing, serving the transportation and – Read more