Echo Global Logistics Employee Reviews

Fun place to work...
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 27, 2017
loved my managers and enjoyed the type of work that was to be done... finding customers is another conversation though. The market for third party logistics is extremely saturated with low ballers and morons paving the way. It makes it very difficult to sell service when you cannot see your customers face to face, otherwise we are just pesky solicitors being shoed off by your typical gate keepers.

I think I would have enjoyed being on the operations side of things without having to deal with the sales aspect. That is my own failure and not Echo's.
Pros
managers, coworkers, salary, fun environment
Cons
saturated market, little support after training
Account Rep
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTNovember 6, 2017
Answered daily emails, booked and traced shipment for customer. Answered phone calls, filled out spreadsheets, help others in departments, printed and mailed customer invoices
Echo
Executive Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTOctober 24, 2017
Great place to work. As long as you work hard and seek knowledge in your field. They are set up with on line courses and in house training in order to further your career. Male dominated but changing.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Tough customers
You can get lucky
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2017
Outliers make a lot of money, most people quit by the end of the first year, cool people, high pressure, deal with angry people, most of the problems are someone elses fault
Pros
Company culture
Cons
Poor Payment
Great place to work. Everyone is on he same page.
Client Solutions Executive (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 11, 2017
A typical day at work consists of cold-calling businesses to move their freight via LTL or full truckload.

Management is excellent and culture is 2nd to none. Music is played all day and location is nice in downtown Nashville.

I learned that is doesn't have to feel like a morgue when working inside sales.

Brush up on your ping pong.
Pros
Environment/culture/management/competitive environment
Cons
Parking
Great when building a foundation in logistics
National Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2017
If not for management and lack of opportunities (sales managers will take leads from you to feed others in order to hit bonuses) this would be a good place to learn about logistics.
Fun Environment
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 1, 2017
Fun Environment and People. Don't really show you how to use your tools to grow within. Takes a while to move up. Usually takes 2 year so for you to reach commission.
Echo
Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2017
Very fun and fast paced job that always has you thinking . There are not many dull moments and your work day is never the same . It takes tough skin to work here and is definitely a hustle . I feel that the compensation should be slightly increased considering all of the work that has to be done
Not a good place to work no job security
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 27, 2017
I would not recommend this company. It is the worst place i have ever worked at. You are expected to log every minute of your day with no gaps and you are also expected to not to take your breaks. Management plays favorites and hires inexperienced people for supervisor positions who make up their own HR rules. If you get hired here prepare yourself to not leave your desk from the time of arrival.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Great place to start a career.
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
This was a great place to get a good start into the fast paced sales world of logistics. Fast moving deals and all sorts of daily and different situations to deal with. The days fly by and the culture is great for young professionals.
Pros
Lot's of fun and great way to earn good money fast.
Cons
n/a
Cutthroat and Frat House
CARRIER REPRESENTATIVE/BROKER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Most days I would get there by 7:30 and would have to stay till 5 or 5:30. We were suggested not to take a lunch and was looked down at if we did take a lunch. We had to make over 100 calls a day and we got yelled at if we did not. Most people were filed if they could not make that many calls. We had to work weekends but we got an extra day off for it, if it was approved. It was mostly a frat house with people back stabbing each other and not being helpful. Managers would try to help but would not really do anything to help you. I gave them my 2 weeks and they let me go that day and did not pay me for the time i thought i would still be working.
Great culture
Logistics Consultant / Client Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2017
Management is great as well as the fun culture. Self motivation is the key to success. Lots of cold calling to being with, but once you hit commission it is all worth it.
The writing is on the wall
Client Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2017
Some amazing people/managers in the company (not exec level however). Stay away if you are looking for looking term, good place to start out and gain sales experience. Long hours, low pay, plummeting stock price, and multitudes of departure shows the unsettling environment and drive everyone mad.
Company striving to become better
IT Service Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2017
But not quite there yet. A ton of bad policy that can approve but they'll get there. The culture can be fun but often too tense. Needs improvement. Thats all.
Cool Environment weak training instuctor
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2017
My instructor was bad. I was a temp there and he rushed through the training process when i still had questions leaving out important details. They clearly had other motives when they brought on the temps.
Echo Global
Client Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 26, 2017
This is an entry level job, not much room for advancement. If you are okay with cold calling all day long and putting out fires all day you will enjoy it here.
Welcome to Echo
Accounts Payable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2017
Awesome place when i first started. Now, we are all experiencing budget cuts. No more bi-annual bonus, yet alone we will not receive bonuses due to a bad acquisition. Echo shares to CHRW price is far too low, which explains why the company is cutting so much and those benefits made Echo an attractive company. The company has a chance of sinking. The hiring of inexperienced employees who cannot books shipments constantly losing the company money. STAY AWAY.
Company with a great culture in a face paced and ever changing industry.
Carrier Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
Ive learned how to cold call, multi task, and manage time effectively. It is a fun and face paced industry. You must be flexible and learn how to adapt and overcome obstacles. I work with great people within the office and around the country.
Pros
Amenities. Culture. Location.
Cons
Long hours.
Meh
Carrier Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 20, 2017
It's a good job, but not for me. The pay and benefits are good, but carrier sales is a job for an extrovert and someone who likes selling to greedy carriers.
Pros
Cons
Carrier sales
Fast paced, high energy`
National Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
Pretty straight forward job, come in make your calls and start brokering freight. I learned repetitiveness pays off in the long run. Management is there to help you if there is a problem you haven't encountered before. The job itself is very stressful, because you are relying on a third party whom you have no control over to complete a task.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Echo Global Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9