EchoStar

EchoStar Employee Reviews

Company seemed to lack a willingness to create employee loyalty
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Denver ColoradoJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Good Supervisor
Cons: Limited room for growth
I did enjoy the job in the end. I was one of the top sales agents and they decided to have a $10,000 sell off between the top sales agents in our region. I was impressed with the amount of effort they put into the contest.
Good company
Broadband Technical Support (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 2, 2015
Pros: competitive pay, performance bonuses, paid holidays, paid breaks
Cons: poor lower management, involuntary shiftbids, hard to accommodate life with schedules
I worked full-time as a Broadband Technical Support agent (AKA the red-headed step child). It's a higher, specialty skill that's difficult to qualify for and impossible to move up or away from. Typically eight hours of troubleshooting symptoms on multiple platforms/devices, using both internal and external tools. You have to be self-driven and responsible because your manager will not know how to help you if you hit a snag. You get "call dumps" every day - this is where someone at a lower skill level is either not trained or not competent to continue troubleshooting and instead of asking a supervisor for a help, they breach company protocol and transfer to the Broadband dept because we are believed and expected to able to assist with *ALL* tech problems.
Good enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pine Brook, NJJune 23, 2015
Strong customer service issues and constant being on the phone with claims and billing problems
Working as an IT tech was part of my growth and knowledge in the area
Bad company to work for
PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee), Littleton, COJune 19, 2015
this was by far the worst company I have ever worked for. The environment was hostile. Certain employees were allowed to run rampant and actually sabotage projects.
Decent pay
Advanced Technical Support III, Broadband Support (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHJune 17, 2015
It was a fast paced place to work. The pay was decent. The management and politics were the bottom of the barrel. They were rated the worst place to work in the nation by Glassdoor for a very good reason.
Echo star
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXJune 17, 2015
good atmosphere, something new everyday. Learned new tasks. Answered phones, resolved tech issues with customers, also helped new customers establish dish in their home .
good environment with friendly people
OPERATION MANAGER (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: There was a parking problem.
I packaged equipment for DISH t.v customers. I learned how to work in an assembly line. Management was good. My co-workers were really friendly. It was a night job so I had less time with my family. Talking with my co-workers was the most enjoyable part.
Not the place for ANYONE to work!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Littleton, COMay 15, 2015
This place is not a good place to work! They lie about the job duties you are hired for versus the duties you are trained for and the duties you eventually do once you are on the floor and phones. There is rampant abuse of leadership and people in positions of trust can't be trusted.
An ok place to work
Satellite Field Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 7, 2015
Pros: hours worked
Cons: moving up in company
Early morning schedule. Four day work weeks and overtime workers are helpful. Advancement was difficult to achieve at times benefits were good, ok 401 k plan.
productive team work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), el paso txMay 7, 2015
take payments over the phone and help customers with their technical problems.
meet individual sales goals daily.
I enjoyed working as a team member everyday to meet weekly goals.
Satisfactory work environment.
Advanced Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Bluefield, WVMay 5, 2015
Great place to work with a fast-paced, encouraging work environment. Provides opportunity for advancement within the company.
Good Company to work for
HR SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Pinebrook, NJApril 29, 2015
Friendly environment, Decent Job security, Challenging position and great people to work with.
Helped recruit call center of over 200 customer service reps and assited with all things pertaining to new hire orientation, employee files.
Productive Environment
Senior Engineering Technician IV (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZApril 15, 2015
Pros: Job security, fair pay, friendly environment
Cons: Rotating/bidding on schedules, working 10+ hours a day, no clear path for advancement.
The job in of itself isn't a difficult one. Our job is to manage the signal flow coming in in order to compress the data, make it efficient, and process it through our varies tools and equipment in order for customers to enjoy their tv viewing experience. We also are responsible for maintenance on equipment and systems, problem-solving, and troubleshooting outages. It is essential in this position to make quick but educated decisions, decrease outage times, and create processes to make the systems run smoother and more efficiently. It is a 24/7 operation, which requires the flexibility of constantly rotating or changing shifts. It is a relatively secure job, provided you show up to work with a willingness to learn, be a team player, and follow procedure.
extremely interesting place to work. Filled with a variety of interesting people.
ABA/ATR (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: Starbucks in the cafeteria, Stock gifts, Christmas bonus, 401k matching at 15%, employee reference rewards, great gifts from the training department whenever a promo team would visit
Cons: insurance a little costly, Could expand tuition reimbursement program, Maternity leave only 4 weeks
A great place to work! Each department receives a variety of calls in at a fast rate. Extremely educational in regards to technical aspects of audio video equipment. Great bonding with fellow workers through team orientated projects and goals. Strong leadership from the CEO Charlie Edgren on down. Although at times there were slow periods that were filled by make work. I truly enjoyed talking to such a diverse group of customers as we were able to fulfill several international packages.
Mediocre employer with high turn over
Engineer (Current Employee), InvernessApril 14, 2015
Pros: Challenging work, paycheck, good managers can be found.
Cons: Generally a negative work environment, low pay, poor benefits, a large number of disgruntled employees, high turn over
The work environment varies depending on each departments management chain. However, there are constants including lower than average pay, poor benefits package, high turn over in general, and an overwhelming number of executives and directors that resort to yelling and cursing as standard practice in day to day operations. Both technical and business support salaried positions are pushed to work overtime – more... as standard practice. Negativity from the top down yields a work environment thriving on low morale and employees just trying to keep their heads down to get home without daily conflict. There is a lack of positive encouragement at the company as a whole, of course there are those rogue managers that do a great job supporting their employees and providing positive leadership, but they are in the minority. – less
This was a nice place to work.
Installation Technician (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXApril 11, 2015
Pros: We worked four days on and three days off.
Cons: The company changed hands too many times during the time I was there.
My day consisted of installations of satellite and troubleshooting at the customers home. Once the system was installed, there was customer education that had to performed.
Cutting edge satellite broadcast technology.
Master Control Master Trainer (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: monitoring ppv movies and sporting events
Cons: benefits
I was able to learn broadcast technology and what it takes to manage different types of programming. I was able to monitor broadcasts ranging from blockbuster movies to sporting events. I was also able to manage business television broadcasts for major corporations as a training option.
Good job with good support system
CSR/TSR/Loyalty agent (Former Employee), Bluefield, WVMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good environment, lots of incentives
Cons: inflexible (sometimes difficult to reach) job performance goals
Take calls from Dish Network customers regarding customer service, technical support, and loyalty/retention/cancellation issues.
Most of the upper management is very helpful and interested in improving employee performance.
It was quite a stressful job some days, but still interesting.
The only job I needed mood stabilizers to work at.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere if you don't have a soul.
Cons: Not a day went by that I didn't consider suicide after my first year.
They are overly demanding and do not recognize a good worker when they see it. I was fired 1 week before Christmas because I did not fit the companies new direction.
First real Job
Customer Service/Technical Asst./ Sales (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 4, 2015
Pros: pay, breaks, work flow
Cons: management, advancement
This was my first job and i loved it, I learned a lot from this industry and developed skills that would help me in the future. I was a variety of calls that we would take, from inbound, outbound to welcome calls. So there was never a time where we were always doing the same thing. The hardest part was dealing with so many different managers who wold be the point of authority. Constantly enforcing strict rules, people where always under a microscope.

1 2 3 4 5

About EchoStar

EchoStar Corporation (EchoStar), formerly EchoStar Holding Corporation, will operate two primary businesses: digital set-top box – Read more

EchoStar Salaries