EchoStar Employee Reviews

Great for Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 28, 2017
No real room for advancement in this department. Management and co-workers are great. There is a lot of overtime. PTO is a definite plus. I feel this is the best company to work for in Cheyenne.
Great Team, Great Boss
Software Engineer - Embedded C (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 26, 2017
Worked with the Greatest Manager I had. He was very willing to teach and help the engineer to be successful in many ways. The Product was amazing and launched on time!
My favoirte place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAApril 24, 2017
I love this job working in a office setting but had the ability to socialize with fellow co works everyone was helpful and friendly, insensitive for work performs was great and discounts for employees was good too. I love dealing with the different customers , hearing the relief once their problems was solved was enjoyable. I also learned great phone etiquettes and how to calm down irate customers
It was okay for a first job.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAApril 22, 2017
I started working here directly out of high school. It was good experience and job training. The hours were long and the schedule was not flexible but the pay was nice.
toxic
Supervisor - Payment Processing (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2017
Run away and don't look back! In my short time there, 2 directors and one senior executive literally walked out on the CEO!
Pay is substandard, work expectations are far above the pay you're given.
Pros
Nice building?
Cons
everything else
Help Desk
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 11, 2017
After working there for some time I received a promotion from customer service and retention to Help Desk. Help internal and external customers with technical support issues using custom software and handle some escalated calls.
Pros
sit anywhere
Cons
Health care benefits doubled in cost while working there
this place sucks
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 8, 2017
Not a good place to work. Your a number not a person and you only get promoted if you friends with the boss. Coworks hate each other and management is a joke.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
Its not a good paycheck
nope
Csr/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 7, 2017
don't work here its hard to satisfy all the different people, because one wants it done this way , then your trained to do it this way, then new equipment comes out and more training, I felt I spent for time training then working some times.
Wasn't Great; No Longer There, Quit!
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMarch 30, 2017
Rampant calls from irate TV customers, sardine can style call center. TV rips off people as bad as anything. Unexperienced people "leading" others; tenure as key. Ghetto, unprofessional workers. Snap decisions were being made all the time by management. You could ace your position and be phased out into a whole new area of the company almost overnight. Socially driven atmosphere.
Testing
Software Tester (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 29, 2017
A lot of hours during big pushes for software releases which is common at technology companies anyway. As long as you are doing your job as expected and trying to go above and beyond it, I have no complaints.
prizes, certificates, awards
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 28, 2017
fun place to work in got discount to have dish installed in home had privlidge of having dish service in my home also received prizes for good calls and certificates
Pros
snacks
Great Company
Business Operational Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pine Brook, NJMarch 26, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Dish Network. They helped me with scheduling and worked with me while I was going to school. A Great Management team that was always there for us.
Great pay. Lots of work..bad managment..
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 25, 2017
4 day work week with 10-12 hrs. shifts..mandatory overtime.. work in rain, cold, hot weather.. drive company van.. provide great customer service skills. Use of power tools, satellite meter, ladders.. go into crawl spaces and attics.. great pay.. undermanagment..
Pros
great pay, work schedule
Cons
short breaks, undermanagment, bad job coordination.. stressful
Not a terrible place to work
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAMarch 18, 2017
A typical day at work was being on the phone and troubleshooting problems with satellite internet. It could be interesting at times, but also boring at times if one kept getting the same problems.
Poor
Senior Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 17, 2017
Very little chance of promotions.Had 1 promotion in over 16 years.Very little training, had about a month and a half of training in 16 plus years. Management from what I received was by intimidation.
Good environment
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 16, 2017
I was intrigued with the environment, and I learned a lot through the experience. I learned about the software development cycle, and it helped me to gain a better understanding about what my responsibilities are as a developer. The upper level management was not the best, but I enjoyed working with my direct supervisor who was very helpful. The workplace culture was very laid back, but it seemed like work still did get done.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Upper management was iffy
New Experience
Dispatch Specialist II/Router (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 15, 2017
A typical day consisted of preparing daily work order routes for technicians, prepared end of the day logistics, transactions and customer reports, dispatched orders and relayed messages and special instructions to technicians and contacted customers on technician scheduling.
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Rude Technicians
Satellite Guy
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMarch 14, 2017
Fun and hard Job, but HBO and no free TV was simply not worth the work it took day in day. Often long hours in the heat and cold on top of roofs and in crawl spaces.
Pros
Client enteraction. Fun Crew to work with...
Cons
Roofs, crawl spaces, and Dogs!!!!
Great Company to work for
Manager II (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 13, 2017
Great company to work for, recent merger with Dish may provide new challenges and experiences. The company designed and deployed the best DVR receiver in the industry.
Satellite Installer Level II (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 11, 2017
They are very open about the job and what it is you know what you are getting in to up front but there is room for advancement and you can make very good money working there if you do your job and what they train you to do.

If I could get back with this company I would

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EchoStar. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval