EchoStar

EchoStar Employer Reviews

Not a honest business to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee), Englewood ColoradoOctober 8, 2014
Pros: over time
Cons: personal benefits
Team work Data Entry
Leadership Excel Spreadsheets
Conflict/ Resolution Microsoft Word
Detail Orientated Microsoft Outlook
Sales
Interesting environment
CUSTOMER/TECHNICAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Answered incoming calls and assisted customers with technical support, tv packages and programming, and took payments. Incentives were given for attendance.
na
Operations Call Center Manager (Former Employee), Hillard, ohioSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: some of the people
Cons: benefits
I learned a lot that I will take on to new companies. I was able to build relationships and manage my teams. I was able to achieve success and grow.
The job was fine and the pay was good. However, the management and employee moral was less than desirable. No job security at all
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bluefield, WVAugust 25, 2014
The training provided was intensive and prepared me well for the job. The job in it self was not a bad job, but management was unprofessional and employee moral was always low. No job security. There were days when 20+ people would be terminated. Had everyone worried all the time.
Call center job
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Littleton, COAugust 21, 2014
Typical call center job. Lots of turnover. Cold calling is a lot of the job
French owned company with great American values.
Satellite Technician (Former Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 1, 2014
Arrive to work and clock in at work. Morning meeting with all the technicians and supervisors. Get tablet and perform all preparation and loading of all equipment before leaving warehouse. Contact customers and inform them of estimated time of arrival and expected time of completion. Arrive at customers location and proceed to troubleshoot or install – more... new equipment ordered on work sheet. Explain all aspects of the system to the customer and inform them of all features. Complete work order and proceed to the next job site and repeat until end of day. Clean up and return all assigned tools to the warehouse and clock out for the day. – less
Focused on Customer Satisfaction
SENIOR INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 27, 2014
Pros: focused on customer satisfaction
Cons: relationship with employees was lacking
There was one manager during the time I worked for Dishnetwork that was absolutely phenomenal. The other managers were average, but it seemed like it was more due to just giving up & not wanting to push anymore.

Like every company though - there are always good & bad employees that can change the work environment & attitude towards a company. Thankfully, – more... I was able to work with one manager that stood up & fought those battles and implemented a lot of very necessary changes and paved the way for the other managers to follow. He is the only reason for my giving an overall rating of 3 stars.

The company is very focused on customer satisfaction which is great, but their employees receive little or no consideration.

Employee safety should be right up there on the top of the list next to customer satisfaction. No employee should ever reach the point of sleep deprivation & falling asleep on the road.

The managers were consistently battling to get innovative ideas approved that could improve workflow & employee morale. If they would cost the company any money at all - it was difficult to get approved & the managers had to be very persistent and became known as the ones that "rocked the boat" all the time.

Both the Denver & Colorado Springs offices had similar cons with the company. The overall feelings that employees expressed at both of these offices on a regular basis was that customers are important & employees are there to work as much as possible for as little as possible.

It was a very stressful place to work. Especially, if you were the type of employee that continuously had innovative ideas.

I cannot speak for other offices as I only worked in those two, but I hope the company has improved their relationship with their employees since I last worked there because they had some awesome, talented people working for them when I left that truly deserved to be treated with respect. – less
Tough place to work.
Inbound Sales Agent (Former Employee), Littleton CoJuly 17, 2014
Pros: sales staff
Cons: see review above
It is difficult to work for Dish/EchoStar. The management is in constant flux and turmoil. The pay scales vary regularly as the upper management try to adjust pay to pay less for more effort and achievement. Values change with meteoric speed. The sales staff there are some of the best I have worked with. Sharp, aggressive and most have a good sense – more... of humor. Because of this there is a good deal of turnover as they can find less difficult culture elsewhere. – less
Good company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Littleton, COJuly 14, 2014
Pros: learned alot
Cons: late hours
Sold Dish programming and changed Technical dept. to help customers with problems.
Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WyJune 30, 2014
Very relaxed, cutting edge technology. Work can be challenging at times, but is rewarding.
It is okay to work there
Warehouse associate (Former Employee), GAJune 20, 2014
The hardest part of the job is that you stand hours stacking boxes and scanning them at the same tame.
Good work, good people, but below market in re: benefits/compensation.
Senior Corporate Counsel (Current Employee), Englewood, COJune 16, 2014
Hours are very managable. Work is challenging and exciting. High level of responsibility. Great workers and team.
Learning difference aspect of a warehouse was awesome
Associate Tester (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 13, 2014
Pros: discount on dish
Cons: breaks not enought for amount of work
typical day at work = fun, demanding, challenging. Management was some what helpful. they are good on implementing new changes but lack in help if needed. Co-workers awesome people to work with.
Hardest part of the job changes happened everyday. adjusting to change everyday. Enjoyable, going in at 4am out at 2pm....weekends off.
Customer Service Tech
CSR I, II and Winback Agent (Former Employee), Thornton, COJune 10, 2014
Pros: co workers
Loved the job, Learned so much about technology such and computer skills. Had tons of friends to work with which made early mornings really fun. the hardest Job was working with disgruntled customers. The most enjoyable part was working with co workers on special projects and working in teams.
good place for non salary workers
Service Supervisor (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 9, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: hours
I worked WAY to much for what my salary was. my pay would of been double if I got paid overtime
productive
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 31, 2014
I offered tech support. enjoyed helping customers on phone 8 hours helping with tech support
productive and fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), el paso, txMay 28, 2014
a typical day at work was answering calls for customers and resloving their issues regarding billing, technical issues etc
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pine Brook, NJMay 19, 2014
nice place to work. family environment. growth opportunities available
A call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Littleton, COMay 9, 2014
It is a call center. I handled around 50 to 60 incoming calls per day within 8 hour shift. I learned to communicate better with every kinds of customers through phone. Also, i learned to be more patient. Management was good but at times it was not very convenient. I had great group of co workers. I found this job to be pretty easy. The most enjoyable – more... part was to make the clients or customers happy which gave me ultimate satisfaction. – less
Terrible cuture; top heavy management
Key Accounts Manager, Sales (Former Employee), Englewood, COApril 29, 2014
Pros: job security, experience
Cons: compensation, benefits, culture
EchoStar is great for recent college graduates to get their career started. EchoStar is typical 8-5 job with minimal stress and risk involved. The management is top heavy so career advancement is unlikely and if a position does open up, they will fill the position with an outside candidate. The good news with EchoStar is job security, the bad news the – more... lack of pay and benefits. The culture and moral are very low at EchoStar, but most of the employees are content with there careers and have very little desire to venture out for a risk and reward position. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About EchoStar

EchoStar provides satellite services for video transport and digital cinema distribution. Whether delivering multichannel digital – Read more