ECi Employee Reviews in United States

Good pay but not so worth it
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 24, 2016
Typical day is answering the phones, redirecting the calls to different people and departments... and dealing with the inappropriate write- ups from management. "Your hair needs to be done differently" (Also, isn't that illegal and harassment against a person's appearance?!) to "you aren't sitting in your chair correctly."
So if you want to make good money but be treated like a woman in the 1960s, then go for it!
Pros
money, hour long lunch
Cons
dress code, management, conservativeness
Great learning oportunities
Operations Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIJuly 25, 2016
I was able to obtain a skill set from ECI I would not have been able to get anywhere else in such a short period of time. I learned an entirely different industry mainly on a learn as you go basis that I will be able to take any where.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
no supervision
This Company concentrates on all negative feeback
Utiltiy Arborist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 21, 2016
Inconsistent upper management. unrealistic expectations, poor communication within management, inconsistent with punishing employees i.e. writing some employees up for infractions and then not writing up other employees for the same infraction
Pros
work truck
Cons
work hours
company is in transition
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT /TECHNICAL DESIGN (Current Employee) –  new yorkMay 5, 2016
Company was recently bought out by a Chinese company so much of the processes are still in transition.
Old and new management are still working out details in production phase. Production is a challenge.
Takes out fees for you to work for them
Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJune 17, 2016
This company takes out fees for you to work for them. Does not pay well. Dispatchers will not send you good paying jobs if they do not know you. If your new you might as well forget it.
I really do not have anything to say, but If I am not mistaking MHMR is not carring this program anymore.
COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXFebruary 18, 2016
The time I was working there in 2012 some of the staff was not fair to the clients. The benefits was good the pay rate was to low for what type of work I was doing. I was under paid! TO MUCH work for a little bit of money!
Great high energy place to work.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 27, 2016
The best part about my time here was my staff. I had a great hard working staff that had just as much drive as I do. The hardest part of the job is trying to balancing a ever changing schedule with my personal life.
It was a great place to work.
Head Designer/Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 29, 2015
At the time that this business was in operation is was a wonderful, growing place to work and I really missed it for a long time. I wish that it had been more progressive at the time, and the only reason I left was to pursue AutoCAD training which I do no regret.
Great Job for a single young adult
Promotional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 13, 2015
As an employee of management for ECI you are expected to never have a personal life. Always work no play. Morale is less than par from upper management, always in fear of loosing your job.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
no days off
Nice Company to work for
Eligibility Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TexasSeptember 2, 2015
This place is a very nice place to work. The people are great and helpful. Management is helpful and will give direction as needed. They don't micro manage. You are held accountable for what you do and rewarded as you
Pros
Great hours
Cons
health insurance is very expensive

Want to know more about ECi?

Ask a question
Fun work place.
RHS (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHOctober 6, 2015
I usually start my shift at 2pm. I enter there house, check the finances, and the daily log for what has been going on and check how my consumers have been, Every night and morning I give my consumers there daily meds. One of them has sugar so I check his sugar every morning and give him his insulin shot.I cook them breakfast and pack them their lunc, well assist them, If on the schedule I give transportation to other consumers. After work I assist them with daily chores. On Fridays or the weekend we go where ever they would like; Mall, out to eat, stores, anything they want and we also go grocery shopping. Pretty much help them with their daily living. I work with my manager. Co-workers are very nice, they have the same compassion as me. I would say that the hardest part of my job is getting close to a consumer and they pass away. the most enjoyable part of my job is the enjoyment I get working with these individuals and making there day and future better.
Pros
I get to take them place like Cedar Point, or to Football games.
Cons
The pay isn't as good as it should be.
fun environment
Corporate Trainer / Door to Door Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 15, 2015
full day of work. unbalanced work/life, spent a couple hours in the office training and developing others on direct marketing skills and leadership roles spent over 6 hours out in the field where we pitched residential customers Verizon Fios.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and my manager.
i felt management was a little off because it is an ICL somethings were not run honestly.
the hardest part was being 100% on your on and 100% commission.
relying on customers to sign up so you have a paycheck.
I loved talking to people and helping them out. i enjoyed training others to be successful and happy with their jobs. i helped inspire others. working with people is a great environment for me i am easy to talk to and i am understanding.
Pros
upbeat environment
Cons
Management, not constistant
Best Work Environment
account manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 3, 2015
A refreshing positive environment to work in without a doubt. I learned various things about my own self, and how to improve my weaknesses. There is plenty of public speaking so you learn how to speak to an array of demographics. Management staff were promoted from within therefore, they provide the best coaching on how to get promoted to the next step. Your coworkers may end up becoming your friends or spouses, you bond so much with these individuals that you all become successful as a whole. The hardest part of the job was digging yourself out of a bad week sales wise. However the most enjoyable part was the opportunity it provides.
Terrible and Very Totolitarian
utility arborist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City and NationwideMay 29, 2015
There are several "ECI's" this review is for the ECI Utility Arborist company.
1) a predatory company of college graduates seeking experience
2) No experience or skill you develop here is used elsewhere in any industry or company.
3) While they may promise flexibility and upward mobility, neither is true.
4) its a metric driven company, you must hit 95% productivity without error in your first 30 days
5) They utilize an antiquated technology base best described as something from the late 80s.
You might actually hit the 95% if you could use modern technologies.
6) they obligate you to a company vehicle and track you 24 hours a day. Very Orwellian
7) low pay and very high turn over. You start at 14$ and will top out at 16$/ hour after 3 years. They encourage employees to leave, an employee quits about every 14 days.
In a company this small, that is quite high.
8) No ability to interact with management or other co-workers.
9) expect the classic "old school" psychotic offbase yelling.
Pros
Cons
everything listed below

Comment – June 4, 2015

Potential Employees should investigate ECI's competitor, ACRT for a side by side comparison.

Helping families in need
Case Manager/Service Coordinator, Ready Start (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 22, 2014
I enjoyed working with the families to provide the needed care for their children. I worked with children ages 0-3 who had medical disabilities or learning delays. I conducted evaluations to determine eligibility for the program. I provided on going case management as well. The hardest part of the job was saying good bye to the children who turned three and no longer qualified for our program.
Pros
flexible working envionrment allowed me to work from home when needed
Cons
n/a
Productive work enviroment working with powesupply assembly
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale FLSeptember 15, 2013
KNOWLEDGABLE, you knew what you were going to be working on daily. I was a power board repair person. I also assemble cables for the company. The co-worker were very helpful. Management was a joy to work with if you had a quest they would take the time to answer it. I didn't have a hard part. I enjoyed my work and the company that I worked for. That's why I stayed with them until they closed the doors. The company that I work for now is a Airhandler company I have been working with them Aug2001/still working with them have been with this company now 12 years
Pros
we did our own lunches
Cons
we had 2 ten mins breaks and a 30min lunch break
The Individuals are a BLAST!
Residential Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHMay 24, 2013
While running a mental health home, I learned diversity. It was a complete joy working with people with their disabilities. There was never a dull moment, and it was often difficult learning how to quickly diffuse a crisis situation. Dispite all of that, it was beautiful to help teach them, in a transitional setting, how to better care for themselves and to learn activities of daily living.

It was extremely difficult to get certain corporate employees to help with issues that arose due to lack of staff.
Pros
enjoyable position, teaching others to better themselves
Cons
corporate management support of home employees
Internship at the completion of Bachelors degree
Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXDecember 23, 2013
Home visits to families with children whom had develomental delays.
request for medical records, referrals to outside agencies that could assist families. Documentation of progress of children with therapy and other needs. Service coordination. Maintaining confidentail records. My favorite part of this job was the children we visited and two of the women that I worked with.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
no pay
very family oriental with a great group of coworkers
Quality Inspector/ assembly (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 29, 2013
time flys by pretty fast
i learn how to build alot of things and ran alot of machines
we had the best managers on second shift
my co-workers was more like family
the hardest part was standing up at some machines alday
the best part was the fact i met alot of wonderful people whom i feel inlove with
Pros
we could have parties whenever we wanted
Cons
breaks was long enough
An OK Company
Journeyman electrical forman (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 1, 2015
Overall a great company to work for. Project support from the project managers area was lacking....I enjoyed the fast pace and the interaction with the other trade forman to make the project complete.

2.6