Provides service to clients' changing insurance needs by selling auto, home, commercial and life and health insurance.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops base for long-term sources of clients by using referrals, occupational, and special-interest groups to compile lists of prospects.
- Approaches potential clients by utilizing mailings, phone solicitation, centers of influence and cold calling.
- Determines clients' particular needs by scheduling fact-finding appointments; determining extent of present coverage; ascertaining long-term goals.
- Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
- Obtains underwriting approval by completing and submitting application for coverage.
- Completes coverage by delivering and explaining policy.
- Plan follow-up visits and evaluations of needs and make suggestions of additions or changes.
- Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary medical examinations and the completion of appropriate forms.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
- Updates job knowledge by attending meetings, seminars, programs and continuing education courses; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain client files in the computer system and utilize system to complete job functions
Non-essential Job Functions
- Meet established objectives including but not limited to: accuracy, efficiency, account development and account retention
- Attend regular company meetings
- Participate in special projects when needed
- Complete continuing education requirements to maintain an active license
- Excellent people skills
- Prospecting skills
- Ability to meet sales goals
- Outside sales experience or the desire for outside sales
- Developing and retention of client relationships
- Product knowledge and/or the ability to learn about various products
- General math skills
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Applied management system knowledge a plus
- Insurance industry experience a plus
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 11 months ago