Eckerd College Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 21, 2016
A typical day at work involved frequent data entry and good communication skills. I learned security programs that deal with the entry and registration of guest coming in and out of campus. The co-workers are respectful and willing to help at any time. The hardest part of the job is when visitors do not cooperate with your demands.
An excellent place to work.
Assistant Director of Fi (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLAugust 10, 2016
Eckerd College is a beautiful campus with great atmosphere and benefits. Employees are given access to the fitness center, the waterfront and it's boats, and the beach. Employer gives toward retirement account, insurance by Aetna is reasonably priced.
Pros
Above
Cons
Salary is not up to industry standards.
College
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  St Pete, FLJuly 18, 2016
Great college, fantastic professors, amazing programs, great locations.

The review is not necessary for this entry because this is my college entry on my resume. The entries are chronological.

I attended the Eckerd PEL Program.
Pros
Wonderful college
Cons
Expensive
Loved working there!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. PetersburgMay 17, 2016
I enjoyed my work at Eckerd College. My boss was terrific and the work was challenging. I met my best friend there and was sorry I had to leave. Overall management was ok (hardest part of my job). My boss was great! He gave me good feedback and autonomy. He thanked me several times a day for the work I did. A Pleasure to work for him (best part of my job!)
Pros
Met my best friend there and my boss made everything negative worth it!
Cons
Commute was awful--added almost 2 hours to my work day.
Great place to work!
Student Telecounselor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 18, 2016
Great place to work for, everyone was friendly and welcoming and the great community on campus was very evident. Learned a lot about parent communication and the ability to 'sell a place'.
Very Liberal College
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 4, 2016
This private religiously affiliated college places emphasis on the students. While working with them was disorganized, it was never too stressful.
Easy work environment
Business Finance Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Worked as the finance tutor. Taught business finance skills to students that want to learn. Hours were flexible and management was great.
Slow paced but had great business
Food Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 22, 2015
I so loved this job. It was a environment full of students from across the world who spoke different languages and ate different types of food. I truly enjoyed the food, the company, and the students. I learned a lot of stuff working there. It had many activities that the employees could attend to with the students, they were very strict on having a relationship outside or on the camp so I involved myself in less activities to avoid such things. Overall it was a great working experience.
Pros
Free food and well organized.
Cons
short breaks.
Great people but no
DTZ Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 1, 2014
DTZ is subcontractor at Eckerd College in janitorial and custodial services and ground services in the college, Eckerd College is a beautiful place to work but there was no advancement opportunity to grow in DTZ, as for DTZ the company wanted to me move over to Miami to help open an account, but honestly I was not able to provide them with the services in moving my family once more.
Pros
wonderful place to work
Cons
DTZ empty promises
Fun place to work with exciting changes daily
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Work all the sporting events either through concessions, ticket sales, or announcements.
Open and warm work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 6, 2014
A typical day is very straight forward, it is easy to know where you need to be and when. It is a very relaxed work place. I learned alot about how to work under stresssful conditions. My co-workers were always reliable. The hardest part of my job was making sure thatthe customer was always happy. the Most enjoyable part was getting to spend time with the customers and talking to them.
Interesting co workers
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 15, 2014
beautiful waterfront, learned what co workers are. did a lot of plumbing.
Fun job talking to lots of new people.
Eckerd College Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 26, 2014
Lead prospective students around the campus, was knowledgeable about the campus and the college process
HR lacking..
Plimber (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 23, 2014
Poor management skills. Co workers were always replaced with new.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Positive Experience
Volunteer Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 13, 2014
As I worked as a volunteer research assistant, I primarily only interacted with my supervisor and the participants in the study. As a result, I cannot speak towards official employment by Eckerd College as a whole.
fun and productive place to work
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 11, 2013
fun and productive place to work. learned a lot about dealing with a wide array of personalities and backgrounds. learned how to manage and lead a team. My co workers were fun to work with and did their jobs well. the hardest part of the job was going home. I loved dealing with people as my favorite part of the job.
It's like working at Woodstock
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 7, 2013
You go to school, rack up $100,000 in school loans, they pay you minimum wage, hold annual drug carnivals, and supply nothing but empty promises about promotions
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
pay, drugs, racist security
Job Description
Business Office Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg, FloridaJune 3, 2013
Assisted with accounts payable and accounts receivable by accurately entering all vendor information and payment details for invoices

Filing invoices in numerical order on a daily basis to ensure proper work flow of the Accounts Payable Department.
Organized all paperwork including; faxes, in-coming and out-going mail for the office, student confidential information, etc.
Represented the college by greeting student, parents and/or vendors in a timely manner and answered phone calls with a professional tone and always with a smile.
Improved office flow by working through daily office related task to ensure continuous office support.
Served as the account manager and contact person for all current vendors such as the offsite storage company, Iron Mountain and Office Depot.
Analyzed contracts and terms to assist the college in cutting down unnecessary cost.
Personal assistant to the Bursar, CFO, Assistant CFO and Treasurer.
Responsibly for making daily deposits for the Student Accounts department.
Maintained a current inventory of office supplies and placed orders as the supplies was needed
Ran errands for the Business Office
Responsible for maintaining an organized general office area and my personal work space.
Prepared a monthly office calendar for the Business Office staff.
Served as a direct and reliable assistant for all office employees.
Great Job While in School
Chemistry Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 19, 2013
A typical day at work included coming in and getting organized. Then would embark on daily tasks which would range from unpacking, to organizational, to preparation of chemicals and labs. I learned a lot about laboratory function, set up, and chemical hazards and safety.
A small Div. II School
Sports Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 1, 2012
-A very small Div. II school
-got the opportunity to learn and do more with the program Adobe Photoshop and Indesign

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eckerd College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2