Eckerd College Employee Reviews

Excellent team and supervisor
Shift Coordinator for Recycling Program (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 4, 2017
The recycling crew there is what you make it, and my team and I were determined to make it wonderful. Through initiative and self-motivation, we improved the program by leaps and bounds.
Great college
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 13, 2017
I loved my time at Eckerd College. My education was top notch (I got the most out of what was offered to me). Not only that, but the location was astounding. I did summer research each year I was there and enjoyed it thoroughly.
fun job
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 5, 2017
very much a place where you can be as flexible as you want. fairly liberal institution so be prepared before you start there. However everyone was incredibly friendly and willing to help if you had an issue.
Consistent Work Building Strong Applications
Software Architect (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 4, 2017
As my position is unique the anonymity of this review is absent as those who know my position will know who I am. As a result my review will state that I enjoy working here and nothing more.
Fun
Student (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 26, 2017
People are nice, place is fun, you achieve as much as you want to. Students are not very academically inclined, a lot of people smoke and emulate a hippie look.
Fun place to work
Sustainability worker (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLApril 7, 2017
The composting program is a fun place to work if you like being outside and don't mind getting smelly and dirty. You feel good about your job because you are helping the environment.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 29, 2017
Eckerd College was a fantastic college that helped me better understand the world and myself. Without the mentoring and help from the professors I would not be where I am today.
helped other students
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 6, 2017
Being a teaching assistant was a great experience because it helped me to solidify my knowledge of information from classes I had previously taken, while also helping other students advance their skills and knowledge.
Eckerd is a very respectful and inclusive place to work.
Assistant Registrar for PEL (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 18, 2017
I have really enjoyed working for Eckerd College and am very sorry that the PEL program is being phased out along with my position. I would recommend working here to others.
Pros
Beautiful campus and respectful and inclusive workplace.
Cons
A few students can be difficult to work with.
Productive and fun
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 21, 2016
A typical day at work involved frequent data entry and good communication skills. I learned security programs that deal with the entry and registration of guest coming in and out of campus. The co-workers are respectful and willing to help at any time. The hardest part of the job is when visitors do not cooperate with your demands.
An excellent place to work.
Assistant Director of Fi (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLAugust 10, 2016
Eckerd College is a beautiful campus with great atmosphere and benefits. Employees are given access to the fitness center, the waterfront and it's boats, and the beach. Employer gives toward retirement account, insurance by Aetna is reasonably priced.
Pros
Above
Cons
Salary is not up to industry standards.
College
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  St Pete, FLJuly 18, 2016
Great college, fantastic professors, amazing programs, great locations.

The review is not necessary for this entry because this is my college entry on my resume. The entries are chronological.

I attended the Eckerd PEL Program.
Pros
Wonderful college
Cons
Expensive
Loved working there!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. PetersburgMay 17, 2016
I enjoyed my work at Eckerd College. My boss was terrific and the work was challenging. I met my best friend there and was sorry I had to leave. Overall management was ok (hardest part of my job). My boss was great! He gave me good feedback and autonomy. He thanked me several times a day for the work I did. A Pleasure to work for him (best part of my job!)
Pros
Met my best friend there and my boss made everything negative worth it!
Cons
Commute was awful--added almost 2 hours to my work day.
Great place to work!
Student Telecounselor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 18, 2016
Great place to work for, everyone was friendly and welcoming and the great community on campus was very evident. Learned a lot about parent communication and the ability to 'sell a place'.
Very Liberal College
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 4, 2016
This private religiously affiliated college places emphasis on the students. While working with them was disorganized, it was never too stressful.
Easy work environment
Business Finance Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Worked as the finance tutor. Taught business finance skills to students that want to learn. Hours were flexible and management was great.
Slow paced but had great business
Food Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 22, 2015
I so loved this job. It was a environment full of students from across the world who spoke different languages and ate different types of food. I truly enjoyed the food, the company, and the students. I learned a lot of stuff working there. It had many activities that the employees could attend to with the students, they were very strict on having a relationship outside or on the camp so I involved myself in less activities to avoid such things. Overall it was a great working experience.
Pros
Free food and well organized.
Cons
short breaks.
Great people but no
DTZ Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 1, 2014
DTZ is subcontractor at Eckerd College in janitorial and custodial services and ground services in the college, Eckerd College is a beautiful place to work but there was no advancement opportunity to grow in DTZ, as for DTZ the company wanted to me move over to Miami to help open an account, but honestly I was not able to provide them with the services in moving my family once more.
Pros
wonderful place to work
Cons
DTZ empty promises
Fun place to work with exciting changes daily
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Work all the sporting events either through concessions, ticket sales, or announcements.
Open and warm work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 6, 2014
A typical day is very straight forward, it is easy to know where you need to be and when. It is a very relaxed work place. I learned alot about how to work under stresssful conditions. My co-workers were always reliable. The hardest part of my job was making sure thatthe customer was always happy. the Most enjoyable part was getting to spend time with the customers and talking to them.