Eckerd Drugs Employee Reviews

A job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 22, 2017
The managers usually seemed agitated. The shifts were always changing. There was no balance. There were no incentives. No bonuses I worked overtime and was never paid for overtime.
good company great people
Dual Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 20, 2017
was a good company to work for was allowed creative freedom to do ideas about how to create sales for my stores as store mgr i worked very long hrs but was given a good salary
Pros
good benefets
Cons
long hrs
Productive and Fun Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYMarch 12, 2017
Great opportunity for training and development. Enjoyed my time there. Staff and managment both great for career development. Would recommend anyone to work here who wants to further their career.
Brookdale Senior Living adhere to their residence quality of living
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  arlington texasMarch 9, 2017
Brookdale really satisfied their residents and their family well being in a way of great care for their residence. They really adhere to their residence voice in the means of enhancing suggestions from residence in order to satisfy their level of care.
Pros
they care for their residence overall well being as such physical mental and safety
Cons
being attached to residence
Wasn't for me
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 7, 2017
I worked at Eckerd (now Rite Aid) as a staff pharmacist right out of school. It was a typical retail experience, but I left after I was robbed at gunpoint and felt as though higher management was not concerned about employee safety in the store.
Nice job in a small environment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mechanicville, NYMarch 1, 2017
I was key carrier/assistant manager. There was opportunity to grow had the company stayed in business. My fellow employees were very friendly and I felt comfortable working there.
Pros
Close to work (I didn't have a car at first)
Cons
Stress from knowing company would likely merge/relocate
handling photos
Photo Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
At Eckerds it was an experience out of this world. my first job, I learned how to print pictures in all forms. I also learned how to mix the developer and use a black box. it was so neat
Closed company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 19, 2017
Closed company.
Was great working here.....however Company closed and remains stores were sold to CVS. My DM moved to another company and brought me either her.
Pros
Closed company
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 3, 2017
The store I worked at is closed but the six years I was there I made great realtiinships with coworkers and customers. Learned a lot for this being my first job!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Out of business
One of a kind
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAFebruary 1, 2017
Dealing with distributors, customers, and government agencies daily. Negotiating pricing, request for proposals and inventory. balancing accounts, general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Eckerds
Pharmacy Aide, Tech Trainee (Former Employee) –  Azle, TXJanuary 28, 2017
Provided friendly customer service at prescription drop-off and pick-up counters.
Entered new patient profiles and prescriptions into medication input software system.
Communicated directly with doctors' offices via telephone, fax and email.
Worked closely with pharmacists and used medication input software to safely and accurately dispense medication.
Stocked/ restocked inventory
Productive and fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJanuary 27, 2017
Eckerd Drugs was a place of opportunity. I believe had I not moved away good chance I could have excelled at this job. Maybe becoming a manager and learning other skills.
Pros
Ability to excell
Regional Pharmacy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 24, 2017
the job was rewarding in how much money I could recoup for the company. Everything ended up being electronic so the position was eliminated
Worked alongside and manager employees. Customer care.
Retail and Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJanuary 24, 2017
A little hectic at times. Lots of call outs so needed to help and manage stor at time. Main manager was hardly there when he needed to be. Enjoyed the relationships with customers and the employees that came to work.lol!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not to many
First job in Florida
Retek System Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 17, 2017
This company has been sold.

I only worked there less that one year.

I don't have to much to say.

I would say that co-works were good people and my manager was nice.
Pros
Good place to live
Cons
Only live there sort time
Nice Memories of a Good Company to work for....
Stockboy up to Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJJanuary 12, 2017
I worked for Eckerd Drugs from 1970 to 1986 during their "Golden" years Started as a high school stockboy and rose quickly to Store Manager. This was mostly before in store computers and electronic aids. I remember long hours, good bosses, decent pay and a FUN atmosphere. As with any job there were stressful times (that's why they call it work), but your efforts were always appreciated. Excellent training programs were always in place. They carried all sorts of merchandise back then, from aspirin to air conditioners. Never knew what surprises the next delivery truck would have. I always had excellent employees working for me. Went through many recessions and downturns in the economy and I always had a steady job. Computers slowly came into the Pharmacy area of the store, then to the front end. We did not have in-store photo labs back then. Won a trip to the 1976 Super Bowl for best store in division along with my area manager and our wives. Had a ball!
Left before they were sold to JC Penny to return to college and enter the medical field. I will always remember fondly my time as a young, ambitious man working for this excellent company. I was sorry to see them go out of business....
Pros
Fun atmosphere, great training programs, excellent upper management at division level, steady work, decent pay.
Cons
Long hours including holidays.
Best place to work back in the '80s and '90s
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 31, 2016
My first job was with Eckerd in Florida. There is no more Eckerd in Florida. Florida market was sold to CVS. I worked my way up from a low volume store to the 24 hours store. I miss those good old days.
Pros
The pay was good and both pharmacists and customers were much more well manner and friendlier.
enjoyable work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 28, 2016
I enjoyed the work environment and the employees that i worked with but the location of the store had a lot more to be desired
Not a very good company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2016
This place has closed. But outside of this not a great place to be employed. They didn't care what it took you had to get the job done with minimal pay.
Fantastic Experience
Level III IT Security Admin / Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 10, 2016
I started on the help desk and grew into the advanced support for store operations. After a few years I moved into a higher role of system admin and data security where I performed research on employees internet and computer use and reported daily on findings as well as continuous maintenance on firewalls.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eckerd Drugs. Our community is ready to answer.