Eckerd Youth Alternatives Employee Reviews

Great organization
Eckerd Advisory Board (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCApril 25, 2017
Excellent opportunity to work for a stand out organization. I would love the chance to work more for the company now that I have graduated from college.
Ok
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLMarch 23, 2017
You have to Work alot of hours to make mone, the type of clients that will be dealt with is youth with serious mental health issues along with substance abuse..
Rewarding experience
Wraparound Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAFebruary 13, 2017
The wraparound facilitator (WAF) position called or an equal amount of office time and field work. The WAF worked face-to-face with the child and family in the family's home. WAF devised a plan with the family to prevent future crises in the home/school. Supervisors were very helpful when WAF received a new child case. The hardest part of the job is learning the family history and helping the child cope and progress forward from past negative occurrences. The most enjoyable part of the job was graduating a child from the program.
I enjoy working with troubled youth in an attempt to be a positive change (Hero) in their lives.
Cottage Manager (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Although I love working with at risk youth, I must admit that the many positions I served under was very challenging and the work load was extremely heavy with low compensation. I believe this is the main reason why the turnover rate was so high during my years of employment. I stayed with the company for years not because of the "Great" employment but because I didn't want to be another adult who quit or walked out of these youths lives. I feel overall during my years of service with this company that in general the people were great, the trainings provided were outstanding, but the stressful amount of work that was expected from employees was way way too much and the salary was not enough for what was expected from employees.
Pros
The services being provided are very important for at risk youth.
Cons
Employees are not compensated fairly for what they are expected to do!
Productive and Rewarding place to work
Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 15, 2016
Monitoring youths progression after transitioning from treatment programs. Case file, and recommendation to courts of possible future treatment of youths.
Mismanaged
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 24, 2016
First, it will take over a month for them to get back to you for a job, if they contact you at all. Then, when you get there it's complete chaos. The turn over is very high, so no one knows what they are doing. Employees who have been around a while have a CYA attitude and nothing ever moves forward. The CEO makes a half million dollars and seems to care more about winning new government contracts than providing the best care for kids and families.
Pros
Good benefits, especially time off
Cons
Disorganized, bad management, overpaid CEO
Corporate office is toxic
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 24, 2016
Pros: Help children and families, chance to travel all over country to visit camps, some really nice people who work there Cons: CEO is greedy, long hours regardless of position, pay well below average due to being a non-profit
Productive workplace
Re Entry Secretary (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 8, 2016
Very good work experience at Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Inc.
Its a very good thing to know that we provided counseling for at-risk youth and were able to make a difference in their lives. Very enjoyable part of that job.
hard rewarding work
Counselor and teacher at Wilderness Academy (Former Employee) –  Deer Lodge, TNJune 30, 2016
company was better run when the founder was still alive it has declined in its benefits and time off.it used to be a good company. still doing good things they just don't have the work force they used to less workers with more responsibilities. why pay for four workers when one can do four peoples jobs.
Pros
free lunch, and free housing
Challenging place to work.
Nightwatch (Former Employee) –  Boomer, NCJune 20, 2016
Primarily dealt with troubled youth, was understaffed and difficult dealing with youth at times. However all coworkers at every level got along and helped when needed.
Pros
Lots of time to read when things went smooth.
Cons
Having to break up fights constantly between youth.
No Longer An Office
Licensed Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 30, 2015
This is no longer an office for Eckerd, as this office has shut down (I believe the others in the state have as well for community based services)
Great place to work as all colleagues are very supportive.
Group Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Immockalee, FLSeptember 13, 2015
Eckerd Youth Alternatives is a very good company to work. They do their best to meet the needs and expectations of all of its employees.
Pros
Housing and meals
Cons
Very long hours
Nothing for youth to do other school work.
Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLSeptember 11, 2015
Not focus on the needs of youth and families . Under staff, when dealing with young people with gang ties. You need more than one staff the more eyes the better, however management feel less is better. This become unsafe for youth and staff.
Pros
snacks
Cons
not caring about clients just the bottom line.
One of the superb and well organised program I was part of in my working life.
Youth Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Milton Florida; USAJune 26, 2015
As a Youth Counselor was one of the learning programs I have ever engaged in , in my working life. I was a Counselor in a juvenile facility where young troubled youth are camped and worked on for transformation. There were a lot of lessons I learn on this job. It also made me more patient, vigilant, responsible and how to resolve conflict among teenage youth. The hardest part of this job was when you have to be in a hurdle trying to resolve conflict even if it is late in the night or raining among other odd circumstances. The most enjoyable part of it all was doing almost everything with these kids as a team, sharing in their problems, being there for them, proving to them for your trust, having fun games together and embarking on day trips with them to places like Miami, Daytona and other places. It was all joyful moments.
Pros
It was full of fun and fullfilment of working on troubled youth to transform.
Cons
So stressful and needed a great deal of patience
Multi tasking work environment with Gratifying results
IT Support Technician (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 21, 2015
- Creating AD and Exchange Accounts for the high volume turnover of Case Managers that we support. Basic problems range from PW issues to Network connectivity to Office applications. We have just completed a 1200 unit Hardware refresh and are now involved in a the AD migration to one domain. The hardest part of the job is keeping everybody happy. The most enjoyable part is resolving the issues of the case managers so they can do their difficult job. This all accomplished while being at least 3 people under manned for the past year.
Love it!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  CandorApril 20, 2015
I love working at Eckerd. This is a job that keeps you on your toes. I love the team approach and the community environment.
Pros
Training
Cons
No comment
Eckerd's Re-Entry Division no longer exists
Juvenile Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Spent a lot of time with the juveniles at there schools and in their homes.
Excellent Company but Management Need Serious Training
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 19, 2014
Its a great company and I love everything they do and stand for, but the Supervisor are allowed to bully, humiliate and lie to employees and continually let good workers quit or get fired because upper management turns a blind eye to it and protects the supervisor and not the employee.
Fun place to work
Group Treatment Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLOctober 28, 2014
Working with the children is always a plus; however room for advancement is limited
Pros
watching the children achieve their goals
Cons
little to no breaks and this company is always understaffed
Eckerd
Youth Counselor/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Floral City, FLOctober 14, 2014
I enjoyed working with Eckerd, but wished they would have pushed to find other solutions to the working conditions. I believe more effort could have been put into finding a way to shift from 24 hour supervision so employees could have a personal life. The job itself, it very rewarding if you have a passion for working with at-risk youth and have the patience to handle stressful situations with youth. I have made lasting relationships with staff members and youth, but it is one of the hardest jobs I've ever had and probably ever will have.
Pros
lasting relationships
Cons
no personal life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eckerd Youth Alternatives. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9