ECKERD

ECKERD Employer Reviews

fasted paced job
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 11, 2014
greet customers, collect patient information, enter prescriptions into computer, fill the medication. call physicians. count inventory

need to have training in medical terminology, and math conversions for weight/dose
Great work place
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 21, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: n/a
operate a cash register perform all functions necessary to open and close photo lab Print photos greet customers
Ok place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Largo FloridaMay 7, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: pay, no advancement
Typical day was performing administrative duties for VP and Manager of IT department. I learned how to multitask very quickly working here. My coworkers pretty much stayed to themselves, however I had good relationships. Hardest part of this job was no feedback was ever provided to me. Most enjoyable was my relationship with my Manager the VP.
Ok place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Largo FloridaMay 7, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: pay, no advancement
longest job I ever held
Certified Pharmacy Technician//Drug Clerk (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 2, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: not enough hours, stress, mean and rude customers
this was a great place to work. I gained a lot of experience from so many individuals. The job was very high stress, fast paced environment. It was great staying busy throughout the work shift, but when corporate offices started cutting hours got more and more difficult to work there.
Fun but challenging
Staff Pharmacist & Pharmacy Manager (PIC) (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good environment to learn and apply skills
Cons: no real break time.
Team work and hard by co-workers. Management was supportive and gave latitude to PIC to make decisions.
i like there but did a good pay
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKFebruary 13, 2014
I would like to work there again.I work night and work in the pharmacy some and did reset and stock.
Fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Abilene, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: friendly workplace
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work would consist of running the register, stocking merchandise, doing projects management assigns to me. This was my first job in retail so this is where I learned what retail was all about. As I have worked in other retail stores there is not much of a difference from this retail store. They all have the same concept. The management – more... was always working with me and they had really high hopes for me. They had me doing a lot for them in the store. The hardest part of the job was learning everything retail had to offer such as stocking, call in outdates and the list went on and on. The most enjoyable part was helping customers I love interacting with people. – less
Not Your Typical Non Profit
Creative Services Manager (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 23, 2014
Fast pace non profit organization which strives to keep a innovative competitive edge in the industry.

Offers many development opportunities and encourages staff to expand from their horizons.
Great benefits, fun enviroment
Talent Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Clearwater,FLJanuary 22, 2014
Assist employees with daily questions regarding applicant tracking system, on boarding, surveys, employee relations.
I learned project management, creation, and follow through.
Management on all levels where fair.
Co-workers where caring and empathic.
Hardest part of job was small department due to lay offs , wearing multiple hats.
Most enjoyable part – more... of job was also wearing multiple hats – less
Steady work environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), decatur, gaJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: fun friendly co workers
When arriving to work the deposits has to be prepared, the money safe had to be verified and counted, before opening, the store; each isle had to be walked to ensure that its was ready and shelves were straightened for the business day. The most enjoyable part of this was that you were able to help customers.
was a great high school job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wappingers Falls, NYJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: worked with friends
Cons: unfair working shifts
it was great at first. everyone was friendly there as well. management had preferences which made working environment a bit hostile but some of us did the best that we could. would of stayed but was not getting a raise and was going to make more at walgreens working in cosmetics than an assistant manager at Eckerd.
Dedicated to providing a second chance to children
Supervisor FSRP Services (Current Employee), Spencer, IANovember 24, 2013
I manage the delivery and outcomes of family preservation/reunification services by staff in accordance with established standards, goals, objectives, EYA philosophies, practices, policies, and the code of ethics, in keeping with professional practice and contracted agreements. I ensure collaboration with the County and State personnel, courts and other – more... service providers on behalf of families. I lead and train staff in family engagement practices and strategies with the goal of preventing removal of children from the home and/or reintegration of children back into the home. – less
I was young
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Staten ISlandNovember 19, 2013
When I worked for Eckerd I was still in high school. I started off as a cashier and then I became a part time shift supervisor.
Youth and Family Oriented serving at risk youth
Reentry Manager Sr. Reentry Counselor (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FlOctober 27, 2013
Pros: insurance, time off accrued, retirement plan
Cons: laid off due to program closure
Contracted by the Department of Juvenile Justice. Responsible for updating files according to court orders and submitting paperwork to court for processing. Work with the State Attorney's Office, Judges and Public Defenders Office as well as agencies that serve children such as Childnet, Department of Children and Families, etc. The most enjoyable part – more... of working with these types of youth's and families is being to see when progress is made and relationships being built. The youth's come from different cultures, ethinicities and environments and some are even involved with the Department of Children and Families due to abuse, neglect or abandonment. What gave me great pleasure is to see the families being united and the youth's being successful in the community. As a Reentry Manager, I supervised 10 Reentry Counselors with different backgrounds and experiences which allowed us to learn from each other. – less
Great People, Great company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Hammonton, NJOctober 25, 2013
Pros: many oppurtunities for advancement
Cons: company is no longer there, was bought by rite aid
Was a fantastic Company to work for, you felt like a family. Requires schedule flexibility and ability to work overtime during the holidays.
Very outgoing work place
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Lake Butler, FLOctober 5, 2013
I loved working here along with helping the patients I learned alot, everyone was so helpful in the teaching and helping of others,, left here to go back to school for nursing ,, never a dull moment ,, the hardest part of the job was knowing people needed there meds and couldnt afford them.
It was ok
ReEntry Counselor (Former Employee), Lauderdale Lakes, FLSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
The postion is no longer at Eckerd and the State decided to take back conditional release... Good Luck with these youths.
fair
General Store Manager (Former Employee), Leesburg, FLSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Cons: excessively long hours
Sold to CVS
CVS was not so good Eckerd was a fair company.
CVS is a large company that forgets about its employees.
Eckerd is no longer
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2013
Pros: the co does a lot of research and uses stats to inform program decisions and policies.
Cons: above was unrealistic when the situations being measured were not truly represnted by numbers alone, therefore cuts are made at the wrong end of the payscale.
Brooks took over Eck and then Rite Aid took over Brooks. The present co works on what seems to be a sports/game model. Everything is about scores and how one store stands in relation to all of the other stores in the area, so being on the bottom of a list (where high score is "good") is automatically interpreted as being a bad thing. It is rarely, if – more... ever, acknowledged that a low score might actually represent the best that can possibly be achieved and that that may actually be good enough.
The model is based on competition rather than collaboration and middle level management is rated in the same way so that no change in the culture is possible. – less

1 2 3