ECKERD Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace that offers support for staff to balance work/life loads.
Family Preservation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 23, 2014
Eckerd has an office cultural based on support in order to best serve the population of clients we work with and to maintain our own personal health and goals. We provide families a second chance by assisting them in building the skills needed to preserve their family unit and remain successful without professional support.
Ok place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo FloridaMay 7, 2014
Typical day was performing administrative duties for VP and Manager of IT department. I learned how to multitask very quickly working here. My coworkers pretty much stayed to themselves, however I had good relationships. Hardest part of this job was no feedback was ever provided to me. Most enjoyable was my relationship with my Manager the VP.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
pay, no advancement
Was a enjoyable place to work
Order Puller/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJune 4, 2015
Started my day by pulling orders for the stores if we had new employees i would train them. Management team was good ,and i loved my co-workers. sometimes the hardest part was doing inventory we had to count thousand of small pieces. The most enjoyable part was working a half of day on Fridays.
Pros
Working a half a day on Fridays
Cons
Counting small pieces doing inventoy.
longest job I ever held
Certified Pharmacy Technician//Drug Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 2, 2014
this was a great place to work. I gained a lot of experience from so many individuals. The job was very high stress, fast paced environment. It was great staying busy throughout the work shift, but when corporate offices started cutting hours got more and more difficult to work there.
Pros
location
Cons
not enough hours, stress, mean and rude customers
good company
Photo Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 2, 2012
I had a great experience with this company. As a member of management, I was able to hire and train great people and work for even better people. The required 50hour+ work week made having a work/life (school) balance difficult. And there was no overtime compensation - something I disagreed with. However, my experience was positive and would work for this company again.
was a great high school job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYJanuary 3, 2014
it was great at first. everyone was friendly there as well. management had preferences which made working environment a bit hostile but some of us did the best that we could. would of stayed but was not getting a raise and was going to make more at walgreens working in cosmetics than an assistant manager at Eckerd.
Pros
worked with friends
Cons
unfair working shifts
fun place to work for a summer
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCJuly 17, 2014
working with pharmacist at the pharmacy and doing cashier, taking prescriptions. Learned how to run a cash machine, codes on prescriptions, management and how to be a leader. I had superb co-workers who were often ready to assist in my transition there. Great management always there to answer questions.
Pros
free lunches. breaks and discounts
Steady work environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  decatur, gaJanuary 12, 2014
When arriving to work the deposits has to be prepared, the money safe had to be verified and counted, before opening, the store; each isle had to be walked to ensure that its was ready and shelves were straightened for the business day. The most enjoyable part of this was that you were able to help customers.
Pros
fun friendly co workers
Working atmosfere
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 23, 2015
The working environment at Eckerd was very friendly and very efficient as a reliable Healthcare facility.

The culture was very diverse and had always taken our needs into consideration.

The computer system was easy to operate making the prescription verification more efficient.
Pros
diverse, reliable, and effecient.
Cons
short breaks.
Overall not a bad place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh PAJanuary 5, 2015
Management was fun and helpful with positive attitudes. Employees are trained properly on registers and with inventory management. Staff is helpful and polite.
Pros
management would work scheduling around school and other restrictions, positive attitude work environment, proper training
Cons
low pay
Very outgoing work place
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Butler, FLOctober 5, 2013
I loved working here along with helping the patients I learned alot, everyone was so helpful in the teaching and helping of others,, left here to go back to school for nursing ,, never a dull moment ,, the hardest part of the job was knowing people needed there meds and couldnt afford them.
Productive & fun work invirment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 27, 2012
• Prepare Package's for store's that needed supplies
• Verification of pick slips and oracle transactions
• Inventory control and investigating inventory errors
• Record keeping of all transactions
Pros
free lunches & they had there own caffiterea
Cons
went out of business
Great Place to work
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clearwatr, FLSeptember 21, 2015
People company. Fast pace non profit organization which strives to keep a innovative competitive edge in the industry.

Offers many development opportunities and encourages staff to expand from their horizons.
Pros
opportunities to grow
Cons
competitive
too many manager changes
Front Store Cashier (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 21, 2015
the short time i was working here there were multiple managerial changes which included 2 being fired for theft.

vacation time i took for graduation saw me not getting paid the $200 i was owed. i left the company and still did not receive retro pay
Overwhelming, Expectations are unimaginable, unrealistic not enough time in a day to get anything done.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 10, 2015
Eckerd Project Bridge is a wonderful program that can make amazing changes in the lives of youth who have come out of commitment programs looking for change.
Great People, Great company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJOctober 25, 2013
Was a fantastic Company to work for, you felt like a family. Requires schedule flexibility and ability to work overtime during the holidays.
Pros
many oppurtunities for advancement
Cons
company is no longer there, was bought by rite aid
fasted paced job
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 11, 2014
greet customers, collect patient information, enter prescriptions into computer, fill the medication. call physicians. count inventory

need to have training in medical terminology, and math conversions for weight/dose
best first job
second assistant manager (Former Employee) –  okeechobee flOctober 8, 2012
this was by far the best job ever and most rewarding i learned so much here about different aspects of store and then into management , and the way i look at leadership.
Pros
advancement, insurance, free lunches in stores with resturants
Great career opportunities
Licensed Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCDecember 8, 2012
Enjoyed positive working relationships with coworkers and supervisor. Flexible work schedule, but extended hours with lots of driving.
Pros
professional and friendly environment
Cons
lots of driving
Not Your Typical Non Profit