eClinicalWorks Employee Reviews in United States

Intense Chaotic work environment with limited growth
Database Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAJune 2, 2016
Call multiple people for follow-ups and get redirected to more people who need to be called multiple times a day to do a small task; handling Not-my-job attitude; Mentoring people for the same thing multiple times a day; Lost trust with respect to compensation promised and what is given; Bad work-life balance; No growth options;
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Bad Work-Life balance, Low compensation compared to other companies
Not a fun place to work with. 1 person is forced to work 3 persons work and then they fire them because they cannot manage.
Data Migration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAFebruary 22, 2016
Bad Management. They have a policy of treating their employees bad so that they have job vacancy all the time.
They have less salary structure.
They force you to work for more than 15 hours a day.
They have bad politics in company.
Everyone tries to blame other person.
Pros
They file your H1
Cons
So many cons that this column is small for this.
Best places to work
Senior Consultant, Population Health Analytics (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MADecember 16, 2015
If you want to run your day without any micromanagement then this company is the best place. You learn a lot about technology and how you use that technology to improve healthcare. The co-workers are very friendly and helpful. The hardest part in the work is few people are lazy and it hard to get things done from them. If you have a entrepreneur mind this the best job ever!
Pros
Good managers, very understanding management
Cons
Nothing that I can think of
productive
Account/Project Manager, Client Services (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2015
Fun workplace with lot of learning in healthcare IT domain. Apart from challenging tasks each day evenings were fun with zumba, boot campaigns and playing ping pong
Flexible workplace, but lacking high quality leadership
Integration Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAOctober 8, 2015
This is a great place to work if you have a family, but the team leads have little training in supervisory skills and tend to micro-manage. But one's experience will vary according to the team you are in. Some have a great experience, others have not so great experiences. There is not much official training - everything is self-learned.
Hard working and dedication.
Software Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2015
Very Challenging but satisfying work atmosphere. Always learning new things and meeting new people. Tight management that overseas everything and everyone. The hardest part of my job is traveling all the time. I miss my family. I do enjoy my job because i live working with providers and nurses and staff. However I miss talking to patients being around patients.
Pros
Expos in a resort. Incentives
Cons
Away from family for a long period of time.
Same as eClinicalWorks
Inside Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAMay 24, 2015
I have worked at eClinicalWorks for years, and the summary is the same as the one I previously wrote.

eClinicalWorks is a good work environment, however it is an older culture, which is not great for a young employee.

The offices are located outside of major cities, which makes for long commutes.
Great learning experience but limited opportunities.
Implementation (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 1, 2015
I enjoyed my time in eCW and gained valuable experience. However there are limited opportunities to grow if you do not work in the HQ. It is a privately owned business and often the Hard-workers get buried. Salaries are below industry standards however benefits are great..
Pros
great benefits and job security.
Cons
low salaries and weak hr policies
Productive and Fun place with Ping Pong table
Project Manager - Integration (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2014
- Great company to work for.
- Good work and life balance.
- Helpful colleagues.
- Great learning experience in comparatively short period of time.
Fun place to work
Senior Electronic Medical Records Software Trainer (Former Employee) –  Boston, maJune 15, 2014
Enjoyed working as a Trainer. Training is fun too. Very rewarding experience
Great experience but....
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMay 20, 2014
Great place for recent grad or anyone looking to get into the healthcare technology industry.
Pros
benefits, wealth of knowledge, chance to learn and network with top hospitals within the country
Cons
salary
Great starter for new HIT professionals
Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 7, 2014
Great starter for new HIT professionals. The processes and procedures could use some work but all in all a great please to start.
Pros
exposure to all areas of emr
Cons
lack of processes
Great place to work, wonderful coworkers!
Account Manager Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 25, 2014
I am a remote employee but my coworkers have made the remote transition very easy. I have an excellent Director/Manager who is always readily available.

The toughest part of the job is working remotely since I can't just sit down with another colleague face to face and work on a project together.

The greatest part about the job is definitely working with clients all over the US and an amazing group of coworkers.
Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAFebruary 5, 2014
• Resolved customer issues on MYSQL 5.0.18 for 100M+ patients database system and maintained SLA
• Implemented SQL Failover Clustering for business-critical database servers in production environment
Gateway to corporate America
Software Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MADecember 26, 2013
As it allows one to learn, grow and ofcourse make acceptable mistakes. Travel within 51 states exposes one to educated, productive USA.
Pros
hires entry level.
Cons
expects a higher curve on productivity.
Great learning environment
Enterprise Project Manager (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaJuly 29, 2013
This company provides a great working and learning environment,
Politics - Torture - Exploitation - Humiliation.
Slave (Former Employee) –  HellMay 14, 2013
IF ANY OF THE OWNER IS READING THIS, PLEASE SEE HOW PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING. WHEN YOU GUYS VISIT THE VIEW IS DIFFERENT. THE VIEW SHOWN TO YOU IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT ABOUT THE PEOPLE. I HAD LEFT THE COMPANY BUT THERE ARE SO MANY DESERVING PEOPLE WHO SUFFER AND GIVE UP OR LEAVE FRUSTRATED. THE CENTER HEAD IS BRILLIANT BUT OTHER THAN A HANDFUL OF YOUR MANAGEMENT, REST ARE JUST NEGATIVE AND DISCOURAGING. I ADMIRE THE COMPANY IN TERMS OF VISION AND ACHIEVEMENTS EVEN MONTHS AFTER LEAVING BUT THERE WAS NO WAY I COULD STAY AND LIVE LIKE A SLAVE THERE.

For others :

The software is extremely good. The product has awesome features. From the customer point of view, its heaven.
From an employee's point of view, if you don't bend your ethics they'll make sure you feel suffocated in there.
No monetary growth, no growth knowledge-wise unless you are smart and most importantly have good relations with your TL. Just being smart and hard working is highly underrated and not enough for any kind of growth in the company.
Join this company only if you have no other option left. There had been times when I felt like leaving it and joining a call center - YES its that torturing.
Luckily I am out of this place now, if I wouldn't had left, I would had ended up being a slave all my life. - YES its that torturing.
Pros
home pickup and drop, great center head. and in a time when no one else can offer a job, any job is a great job.
Cons
its endless.
Good work environment, good management, low compensation
Business Analyst (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MASeptember 4, 2012
Good work environment. Management of the company is also good. Started almost at the inception of the company. So did learn a lot from a new start up. Skills developed are business analysis, project management, implementation of projects in timely and efficient manner. Dealing with customers.
Cons
less compensation
Work Summary
EHR Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2012
For new clients that have signed up, I help them through the entire implementation process (pre and post). I assist clients customize their system before they go live hence making sure they are well versed with the product before they actually get trained on it.

I provide them with customized workflow analysis and training agendas based on the needs of their practice.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the clients enjoying building their system the way they would like it, and being successful users.

My typical day at work consists of making sure all my clients that are live with the software are adapting well to the new system. Along with that I am the point person for all escalations and issues. I take client satisfaction very seriously and make sure they are getting the best out of the system.

I track my clients for Meaningful Use compliance, if they are not I explain to them what needs to be done differently to achieve Meaningful Use.