ECM Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

fun place
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALJuly 10, 2015
the management there is awesome. the hours there are good. they will work with your schedule if you need to be off. we have set schedules
Good knowledge based Department
PC Technician/ Physician IT Support (Current Employee) –  Florence, Muscle Shoals, ALMarch 30, 2015
I usually come in each day with a schedule predetermined by me the day before. If their is sometime when first get in I usually check emails for other work orders for users. We have a meeting everyday for the IS department around 8:45 AM. After that I usually go out to the doctor offices/clinics to work on issues/problems IT wise they are having related to the hospitals. I have learned a lot about networking and how different users can connect to a certain place like the hospital for applications, to see/find information that is needed, and to be able to work from locations that are not any where near the hospital itself. The hardest part of my day is really determining what issues need to come first amongst other issues. The priority of usually seem difficult to dissect is working with these users and offices to make their lives easier by setting them up with a connection to receive medical information, or by helping them out in solving the issues they are having to do their jobs related to PCs, mobile devices, and applications related to ECM/Shoals hospitals. At the end of the day IT is all dependent on smoothing workings of co-workers and it seems to me from my time here that the IS department does have that since of togetherness to make a good department.
Pros
Good IS department, Love to do what I am doing, and Growing in knowledge everyday from co-workers.
Cons
Contract Work
n/a
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALFebruary 5, 2015
Worked at Eliza Coffee Memorial Hospital for twelve years. I worked on the Medical Surgical Unit, Labor and Delivery and the Palliative Care Unit. Enjoyed co workers.
Enjoyed my time here
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALNovember 13, 2014
I gained knowledge of inpatient and outpatient coding for an acute care facility.
Pros
employer support
Cons
no pay raise
not enough help at hospital when i was there
Physical Therapy Aide Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALAugust 11, 2014
not a lot of help at the hospital during time I was there. Had great Nurses/ co workers. learned a variety of things. Saw a lot of things that helped me thru nursing school and learned a lot, pay was not really great.
I enjoy cooking so I loved this job.
Baker/Food prep (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJuly 22, 2014
I would prepare patients breakfast, lunch, and dinner according to their diets and recipes given.
Pros
i would perpare on my own time. i didn't have management over my head.
Cons
keeping a good manager.
Ok
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJuly 3, 2014
Good hospital....Overall staff is great....Co-wokers from different dept. Was great as well...
Service to the community
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALDecember 2, 2012
A typical day at work is enjoyable. I have learned the different heart rhythms of patients, and the symptoms which relate to the rhythms on the screen. The management at ECM is fair. I enjoy my co-workers and we get to talk frequently during the nights we work. The hardest part of the job is that I still have not gotten used to the 7p-7a shift. Sleeping during the day is difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am able to be a support system for the nurses. They have a tough job and can't be in their patient's rooms all the time. I'm able to tell them if their patient's heart rhythm looks irregular, so they can provide treatment and possibly save his or her life.
Pros
service to the community
Cons
low pay
Best Job I ever Had
ER Secretary/Tech (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJuly 12, 2012
Worked as unit secretary in ER. Fantastic group of people to work with. Learned so much about medicine and how to care for the patients. Doctors trusted me and my judgement, was the best experience of my life!!!!!
Pros
the people were the best.
Cons
pay could have been a little better.

ECM Hospital Reviews by Location