ECMC Employee Reviews

Great Gym in site, close to restaurants.
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 6, 2016
First thing print out report for the interest rate, up date the system accordingly, print out the pending report, analyst why it pended and fix it so it runs in the next cycle. Analyze the Supplemental Claims that are received each day. Decide whether to pay the additional interest or to deny it. Work the Adjudication manager sheets to fix the interest rate that is incorrect in the claim. Answer the Lender emails with questions. Assist the adjudicators with any question they might have.
The day goes fast because of so much work that needs to be done.
Each day I learn more about the processes and the Federal Government guidelines.
My co-workers are for the most part a good team to work with.
The hardest part of my Job is not when there is lack of communication between departments.
The most enjoyable part is when we are under pressure and we all pull together to complete the task at hand.
Pros
Excellent Benifits !!!
Cons
Job will be ending between 3 to 5 years
Nice compensation
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Mather, CAJune 28, 2016
ECMC, is a good company to work for if your looking to work and be compensated for your work but no room for advancement and to no room for career growth within the company there aren't a lot of opportunity to move around within the company.
Pros
Commission
Cons
No Career Advancements/Same Position
Floor at Hospital
Trauma Rehab RN (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 8, 2016
Worked in trauma rehab at ECMC. This job has you on your feet all shift. Coworkers and Management were great to work for, and provided support when needed. Enjoyable part of my job was watching patients come to the unit and after months of rehab be able to go home after all the hard work that they had done.
Very good hospital to work at
Peer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 4, 2017
Very nice people in this professional setting.

Excellent staff and work ethic.

Alot to learn daily and in the psychiatry department.

Staff is very well respected, alot of learning and development with your job duties.
Very stressful, competitive & horrible management!!
Student loan advisor (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNOctober 28, 2015
Loved work schedule- one late night and one weekend out of the month. Very flexible with days off and making up hours. Management wasn't the greatest though. They favored some workers & it was very noticeable to everyone. They didn't coach on what you could do better and help you with techniques. When letting go workers, they didn't notify them ahead, they just pull you aside and let you go there and then. Then they send your belongings to you, which isn't even everything either!
Pros
Great, fun, very helpful co workers. Own desk space. 45 min lunch and two 15 paid breaks.
Cons
Incentives were too competitive, QA was too strict, coaching wasn't the greatest. Managers favored some workers.
Nice place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 26, 2016
Nice place to work u see every thing not just the elderly u will learn alot working there and many skills u will have it just so nice cause u see all walks of life
Challenging work environment
Patient Access Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 27, 2016
This place can be a challenging work environment depending on what department you work in. Patient Access is not the best department to work in so I would run away if I were you. None of the managers are educated and they do not know how to handle employees or solve issues in a timely manner. They are not good at problem solving either. This is the worse job that I have ever had. They are unfair and show favoritism to who they like. This department is very unorganized. I am happy that I am in college because one day I want to be a manager and I want to learn more on how to problem solve....etc. Jealousy PLAGUES this department so if you do happen to get a job there, do not tell anyone your accomplishments or that you are about to finish school because most of them are miserable and are unhappy with their own lives so they will try to make yours the same way. Misery always loves company. The ER registration is the worst, do not go there because you will definitely not like it. Trust me, I cannot make this stuff up! I hope to save someone from applying to this department.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Short breaks, clueless managers, terrible co-workers, management does not have your best interest at heart
Nice Place to work
Student Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNApril 28, 2016
On- Site Café ,Loved the fact that they are a Health Core company, on site workout room, spin classes, Trainer and yoga classes
Pros
Great co worker and decent commission bonuses
Cons
high turnover due to management
Productive great place to work and grow excellent patient care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 2, 2015
All around great experience great teamwork supplies on demand great patient involvement learned clinical skills, technology, how to operate lifts while following standard precautions. Great co workers, caring compassionate, and, helpful. Improving my time management working meeting new people, learning and new experiences.
Pros
Overtime great benefits
Very flexible and fun work environment
STUDENT LOAN ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNMarch 29, 2016
Very flexible and fun work environment. The stress to perform isn't that bad. If you work hard and efficient the bonus does pay off.
Collection of Federal Student Loans in Default
Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 9, 2013
As soon as you sit at your area, you start calling people to try & get them to pay on there loan in default. They have no sick days & after getting 14 points you can be released. You can get points by show up late to work & from lunch. No reason but being in the hopsital will stop you from getting points. Each month you have to reach the quota or you start with a verbal warning, written & then released no mater what if 3 months in a row you didn't meet quota. You do receive vacation but you better be able to reach quota before or after your return & your quota is not lowered for any reasons after you get past your 90 days. Seen employees who had been there over 7 years get released for points or quota
Pros
bonus if you meet quotas
Cons
no real job security
gym at workplace for employees
RETENTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 7, 2015
typical consists of assisting students that have defaulted student loans and trying to assist them in getting out of default so they can get additional federal student loans to complete there education,
its great to help students get out of default there is a sense of relief that comes with helping them, the hardest part is when yu cant help them, the best part is working with some amazing employees that are caring and fun
Pros
great health plan
Cons
no advancement
An autonomous position that required excellent, fast data entry
Associate Electronic Processor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 2, 2013
This job required a security clearance because it dealt with default student loan documents. It was a production environment that could be stressful. Evaluations were strictly governed with little room for exceptions. The work was very routine. The best part of the job was the permission to use headphones with radios/CD players for music as we worked. Job security was always a concern as they were a new office that was NOT set to remain. Company left area shortly after being hired.
Pros
Personal music while we worked, great co-workers
Cons
Stress
Fun
Summer Help (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNMarch 25, 2016
Review loans for co-signers. Loan maintenance updates. Research Non-Compete Clause project with other summer helps.
Ok place to work for low pay
Licensed Practical Nurse - Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 14, 2013
I had great co-workers on my shift we preformed well as a team. My unit manager was good and very supportive, she gave great insight, and was helpful to new nurse's helping them to develop new skills. Working in Behavioral Health is very challenging as well as very rewarding. The hardest part of the job was working in a system that is broken.
Pros
free health insurance
Cons
low pay (lpn's barely make more than housekeepers), work to many weekends, poor management by hr
Great
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  buffalo, nyOctober 18, 2014
I loved working for ECMC & even my every short time at County. Always makes you feel welcome, professional staff, first place I recommend to my to friends to work or to go to be seen! Love their charting system, I can not compliment on the staff enough with how it becomes like a second family, always helpful wanting you to exceed & great w teaching new staff.
Pros
pay & benefits
Cons
hard to get a position
ECMC was a great first hopital to work at, it is filled with so many great opportunitys.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 23, 2014
ECMC was my first job as a registered nurse, I learned so much about team work and how to manage multiple duties and get the job done. I was very lucky with the managers I had while working there they were all so willing to show me anything I did not know or had not seen. Working on the Head Trauma and Spinal Cord Injury floor I had patients for long periods of time it was very rewarding to watch them relearn and grow. What was the most difficult for me was when parents could not let the children go, caring for young children with out brain function was difficult for me.
Productive and Fun atmosphere
Support Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNMarch 24, 2014
-Great Management
-Relaxed apparel
-Great Service Desk
-Innovative
-Cutting edge
Pros
Employees
Cons
Shift hours
productive and good work environment
Hospital Public Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 2, 2014
Ecmc is more of career not job as low turn around rate and great healthcare.
most stressful place I ever worked
Sr. Student Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNMarch 31, 2012
Management has no clue....they keep there employees stressed and scared...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ECMC. Our community is ready to answer.