Ecolab Employee Reviews in United States

Great company with room for advancement if you put in the time
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 2, 2016
Great company and highly recommend. In the sales role, it can be very time consuming and installations can take a while. But with the right prioritization and taking care of the customers, there are great rewards. The company rewards success well.

Last management or district manager was very unhelpful and unsupportive. Not a whole lot of support from the upper level management either. Wish it was a more cohesive team in between the levels with support and encouragement.

Room for advancement- with great success, about 5 years within the company.
Excellent Company
Route Driver / Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 7, 2016
A scheduled route to visit customers, with the potential for emergency visits to other customers having issues.
How to sell customer goods and services and repair their dish washing machines. Education classes were provided to excel in this area.
Management was great and very supportive.
Coworker support was excellent.
Visiting all the daily scheduled customers when unscheduled customers were broke down. Often times this happened multiple times per day. With 80 customer locations in the routes 60 mile radius, this could be difficult.
Success in getting a customer repaired, supplied and back up and running.
Pros
Free lunches, route vehicle
Cons
prioritizing customer emergencies....who needs help the quickest.
fast paced environment , very productive
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 6, 2016
this job was a good learning experience , to taught me the habit of working hard and have a time frame on finishing a task . I create good work environment for myself. by coming in with a positive mentality and being hardworking . The job does not have any hard parts because over the years I was able to learn every part of the job and make my job experience easier
Pros
reasonable healthcare, Fast Paced environment
Night Shift Pest control
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAApril 20, 2016
Everyone wants to transfer to days after serving time on nights. It's a experience working nights. I did it for 4yrs. The best part is that you didn't see many customer's but just the ones that worked nights or 24 stores. Getting sleepy is common and feeling sluggish is also.
Long hours crazy lunch rules and strange pay compensation since I left I heard. I always thought they over charged for things. I guess it caught up to them finally. Customers all ways got their way. This company will run a new tech into the ground. High turnover there.
Pros
Well known company and somewhat good trainning
Cons
Crazy pay scale and too many stops
still transitioning
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNApril 10, 2016
Ecolab is moving toward a organization that needs to provide information to their customers. In fact that is becoming much more of a differentiator to the customers. Ecolab used to be (and still is) a sales and marketing organization. The transition has started but has a long way to go. Technical resources are not valued to the level of business impact they provided.
Pros
solid company, very good upper level management
Cons
slow to change, behind in technology, a hodge podge of systems
best pest control company to work for
Pest control technician (Former Employee) –  indusrty caMarch 31, 2016
meeting and checking in the customer
gong over the job and all the points of interest
returning customer messages and emails following up on the calls
helping out how you can
there is a bit of freedom with this job and there is a lot of responsibility with that freedom at times it is hard to get the time off and the support you need to do you job and have a home life.
Pros
good training you get the tools you need
Cons
time off and support
Excellent
SQL BI Developer/SSIS/SSRS (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 24, 2016
Ecolab is an American global provider of water, hygiene and energy technologies and services to the food, energy, healthcare, industrial and hospitality markets. Eco Sure is part of Ecolab and is a leading provider of food safety and brand standard
Auditing services for the restaurant and hospitality industries. The Eco Sure Information Technology Department manages the databases, applications, and field collection technology that drive the organizations business systems.
Fun job
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 30, 2016
Had a great time working with great customers and great co workers.
A change in management changed my focus and direction in the company. We had a monster of a DM that did not care about the co workers future in the company.

I wish the job had a more challenging sales structure where we can win bonuses.
Pros
Territory travel, great co workers, great life work balance
Cons
Terrible management, slow upward mobility
Self driven corporate company, Fortune 500
Sales Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAMay 23, 2016
had to be self motivated and on the road to develop leads and make sales with in a geography, networking with inside and outside the organization was a must to keeps leads coming in to sell customers the benefits of partnering with Ecolab Pest Elimination.
Pros
company car, paid cell
Cons
keepoing motivated
No typical in my Day
Northeast Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2016
There is no typical in Ecolab. Everyday has taught me something new, from how to handle a customer, to manage through processes and/or procedures, to working with co workers and outside divisions. I've worked at Ecolab for over 13 years and it has taught me a tremendous amount about myself, how to handle adversity and success and helped me understand how to manage a successful business. My co workers have been wonderful and supportive, management has allowed me to advance through company in different positions, teaching so much about how we go to market. The hardest part is that its such a big company, that you get lost in the shuffle. The company itself is so strong and has so many qualified people that moving toward my career goals can be slow moving.
Pros
Company resources - technical, marketing, promotional info, support
Cons
Huge company
Fun place to work with a great company
Asset Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 21, 2016
I was in customer service taking calls from customers and handling orders that came in from the representative. I enjoy talking to people in person or on the phone. The people I worked with were awesome and I really enjoyed it. I received a promotion to asset leasing where I am currently working within Ecolab.
Production
Tech (Former Employee) –  DallasJune 13, 2016
Need help and let's go the best help. Go figure.
Can't keep the help either. You work way to many hours still can't get it all done. Pitiful management. Not appreciated for what you do get accomplished. They say they are family ordinated. But they are not.
Benefits
Cons
Working to many hours. Requires 1 person to do 3 people jobs. Very unfair management.
Changing and fast space environment
Preventive Maintenance Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 13, 2016
I was there 13 years having 8 Maintenance Managers. I liked working there yet, a dangerous place causing of the chemicals. Safety was a 110% task. Looking out for yourself and others.
Benefits
Cons
Management were always rotating salary people in and out from other plants.
SELL. SELL. SELL. If you can sell and don't mind being on call. It can be a good job.
Installation specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 9, 2016
ECOLAB is a sells company that sells chemicals to commerical accounts. In all areas that need cleaning chemicals. Good company to sell for the more you sell the more you make. The golden days of being able to make 6% for the life of an account that you sold are gone. But I enjoyed the time I was there. Get a company car, accounts will feed you if they like you. If you have a good DM like i did, makes the job better. Being on call is not so bad if you know how to manage the calls. When I took over my route it had not been maintained was getting 7 calls a day, got it under control and went to 3 a week. Weekend on call once a month was not bad. Should pay better for it though. If you can sell it is a good company to work for. But you got to make your numbers.
Pros
Get fed buy accounts. vacation, good money.
Cons
on call, lot of driving around, SELL. SELL. SELL.
Great Co-Workers!
Senior Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 25, 2016
I loved my co-workers. The management was not a good advocate for their teams and employees but overall I learned a lot! I gained a lot of experience with the SAP systems and learned great leadership skills. The customers, reps and district administrators are all fun and positive individuals.
Route life is good at times
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2016
Management in the Orlando area are out of touch with to much on their plates, going weeks at a time not hearing from them, You call/text/email them with no response for days, And when you hear from them it's all about what they want not how are you doing today but it's go here do this forgot what you have planned to do on your own route . Management needs to change Routes are to big for some of us to provide proper customer service ""Wet the baseboards and run""
Pros
Days off, customers, pay is good
Cons
Routes needs to be smaller, DM and ADM need people skills
productive fun place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLMay 20, 2016
Great Company with great people to work with, learned a lot of things while on the job, Great benefits as well. Best part of the job was putting together everything i learned and watching it all come together in the field.
Pros
great hours and flexible
Cons
can be demanding at times
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVMay 16, 2016
Loved my job
Could run all lines with ease. 👌
I was on the first aid team
I always made my quota
I was on 3 TPM TEAMS. The CO workers were all great people. Willing to help.
The management was not so good at times, you would run out of components to finish a job.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Hot
OK place to work.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Roscoe, ILMarch 6, 2016
Good place to work. Pay should definitely be higher for some positions and wage increases are minimal to say the least. Workplace culture is good. Health benefits are not the greatest but not horrible.
Pros
Co workers and supervisors are friendly. Production goals are attainable and fair.
Cons
Wages are not high enough
Poor Management Culture
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 17, 2016
If you don't care about getting divorced join this company. Work -Family time is horrible, they expect you to make your life all about Ecolab, they have been making all types of changes over the last 5 years with no clear direction because of the new upper Management has no clue of what is like to run a route. This Company is a revolving door in the Dallas area.
Benefits
Cons
No Family life, Horrible management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecolab. Our community is ready to answer.