Ecolab Employee Reviews

Divisions vary, management is in a bubble!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 6, 2016
Every division is different. If you work in the sales or Institutional departments be cautious. Ecolab is business as usual run by men for men, and I say that as a man myself.

There is also very little diversity in management, this drives down culture and it makes for a toxic work place if you're a minority. This place is great if you like the cut throat "That is not my job" environment. Also do not expect high raises or promotions, Ecolab is paper happy and they only promote high level executives with degrees. There is no such thing as moving up in this company, the budget is already set aside for upper management. After five years, leaving was the best thing I ever did. I doubled my salary by just leaving this forsaken company.
great for the young worker
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Beloit, ILAugust 28, 2016
After working here for 20 plus years, the evolution of this company changed tremendously. This is a great company for younger workers...as one ages, though, unless you have a solid connection with a Manager, you may find you are valued less and less. Maintaining the speed and strength of the younger worker is the challenge here...make sure you get some extra training or education to move into a less physical position in the office or Management...if you don't, your dedication will mean NOTHING here...they push the older workers out. This could be a great place to work, due to the excellent benefits, if they found a place for their aged, dedicated, workers that bring so much knowledge and patience to the younger ones...they USED to do that here !
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no Xmas Party; no picnics; minimul raises
Dont waste your time
Assembly (Former Employee) –  South Beloit, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Don't waste your time. Management is HORRIBLE. every supervisor thinks they own you so as soon as you mess up once, especially if you're a temp, you're gone! Everybody in the building wants you fired and will snitch on you for anything. it's a he said/she said company, for example if somebody doesn't like you and just randomly say that you said that you didn't like the job or something along the lines to a supervisor then you're gone. All they care about is how much money they make and could care less about their employees. I could write soooo much more. there is a ridiculous amount of drama in the building and everyone trash talks each other behind their backs their including the supervisors. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME
Pros
paid breaks.
Cons
everything else
Great Manufacturing Industry Experience
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 30, 2016
A typical day would include operating the cast packaging machine to package cleaning chemicals and products for industrial use for the most part. It was an interesting shift from my career field but provided the right schedule for me to work at nights and go to school during the day time. I was pursing my BBA Accounting Major degree at the time.

Management and coworkers are upbeat and it's a steadily active type atmosphere, great team work, and steady communication and rapport among co-workers to get the job done and to help get each other through the day on the production line. The night shift can be rough at times; it's hard to physically adjust to it.
Incredible Culture
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, OnFebruary 1, 2017
Days can be long but you can depend on fellow employees for support . The have great benefits and bonus structure .Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help and support your team on achieving goals and targets.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Not bad
Service Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 24, 2017
When I first started this company was amazing!! The culture was fantastic and everyone seemed to love the job. Fast forward a year later and things changed. There were still amazing days but the bad outweighed the good.
Depending on the market you get, the DMs can be wonderful and the techs even better. It is VERY REWARDING, you talk to very popular companies and build relationships with them. They say you are a "super hero" which is kind of true. You help mom and pop companies get their kitchen equipment up so they don't lose anymore revenue.
THE MANAGERS ARE FANTASTIC!! It was very hard to leave because of my direct manager. They are so supportive, and this includes the director. They care so much it is very refreshing + their attitudes make the job mostly okay.
A few bad things to list, you have to meet certain SLA times or your market gets red barred, which means you just have a bad rating for that certain account. The CAMS are extremely hard to deal with, shoot first ask questions later type of thing.

I will say, if you are already a good dispatcher and have good organization skills this job would be great for you. Just be aware, it is a lot of HARD WORK. A lot.
Pros
Management is wonderful. Benefits are great. MOST coworkers just want to help you someway somehow
Cons
A LOT OF WORK, NO TOOLS REALLY TO SUCEED, The CAMS have tons of power, They change systems a lot and it causes misery for everyone using it - people are quitting, Not a lot of positive change
Not organized
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Will not discloseSeptember 8, 2016
The call center it's very unorganized. Employees are lazy and this causes a large workload on one person. You are self trained not much management and when you need help it's hard to reach out. So if customer request manager there really isn't one available. Which In turn you get cursed out I really feel like I'm floating around in this company and about to start looking for another career. The manager only does call monitors when not in good mood and picks at little things. If simply calls were monitored as they should be (monthly) employees would know where they could receive additional training opportunities.
Pros
Own work space
Cons
No support. Large work load.unorganized.
Terrible after new management.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INNovember 3, 2016
I didn't mind my job until the last year I was there. We actually had bosses that cared about us, and made good decisions for the plant as a whole. Now you work non stop, your opinions and values are overlooked, and it is made very clear that you are replaceable. Many long time employees were let go with no notice, or they quit afterwards. This place is going down the gutter
Pros
Benefits and decent pay
Cons
No home life, poor management/leads, you are viewed as replaceable, not an asset.
Route work with high potential for commisions
Pest Elimination Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 23, 2016
Days started early. Would visit about 7-8 accounts a day, accounts normally being restaurant, hotels, and schools. Worked alone, with contact coming from management only when concerns where raise. Little to no contact with co-workers. Hours were the toughest aspect, with pay and weekends off being the most enjoyable
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Cons
Hours
I miss working here
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 6, 2017
The management was amazing and listened to its' employees. You had the opportunity to move up all the time. Compensation was good, and has gotten better since I left, and you got paid overtime if you worked it. It was easy to get along with coworkers; everyone was friendly and helpful. The actual job could sometimes be frustrating, but what call center job isn't?
Challenging and Friendly work environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 13, 2016
Ecolab was a great place to work. The job was challenging and rewarding. A typical day included: reconciling master bills, Managing Pest Product sales, data entry and addressing customer calls. It was nice getting to know each individual service specialist that came into our office. My managers were great to work with. Our customer service center were amazing! I was looking forward to a successful career at Ecolab. I loved this job and was sad when the office closed.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits and the Team was great to work with
Cons
The office closed
Rough
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2017
Company has changed alot in the last 10 years. Work/life balance is difficult. Increasing your income very difficult. Hardest part of the job is balancing service with sales. Territories cover large areas so alot of time is spent driving. The best part was a company car. Used to be a great culture. Not so much anymore.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Work/life balance
Don't do it
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2016
Worked as an admin in the FSC office in Manhattan. I enjoyed assisting the sales managers and their teams, but corporate accounts was a nightmare. The admin is responsible and gets the heat from upper management when sales reps do not complete their tasks on schedule
Pros
Free lunch, paid work trips
Cons
Toxic office supervisor, hostile environment, expensive benefits, no paid overtime unless you're well liked
Rewarding and fast paced
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington, INSeptember 17, 2016
I love working here. My line 331 is a very physical and fast paced jug line (we make soap). I've learned a lot more about safety and have been made more aware of on the job risks. The management is very positive and proactive to most issues. My co-workers are fun and are like family. The hardest part of the job was learning all the lines since each one is unique. The most enjoyable part is running record numbers on a line with my team.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Second shift, seven days a week
Good business, excellent training and advancement opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 14, 2016
Steady work, multiple departments to transition in, large company with competitive wages .

Basic corporate structure, dress codes, diverse employee network. No sales required, great benefits.
Good company with great products
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  West TexasFebruary 1, 2017
I learned a lot from Ecolab from top to bottom, sales to customer service. They have a deep and extensive training program the covers all bases. I built a lot of long lasting relationships with customers and within Ecolab.
Pros
Company car, paid gas, great 401k
Cons
Long hours and on call
Great benefits. Terrible payment plan they moved to.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2017
I clock in when I get into my service vehicle. I drive to my first account which is usually a quick service account. I inspect the building and check all exterior and interior traps. then I go back through in the interior and spray a residual, dust, and bait. I usually have about 6 average accounts a night but you can work ahead. I learned a lot about how to inspect different restaurant buildings and learned how to get rid of unwanted pests. My co-workers are very laid back and will offer to help you. hardest part is we don't get paid what we used to anymore to put up with customers and upper management we put up with. the most enjoyable part is having a service vehicle to go from place to place and having a fuel card.
Voice Matters
SSRM Sales Service Route Manger (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2017
My day starts at 4 am because I have to drive to my territory.
I get to my first customer at 730 am most of the time. I do not get home till around 5am to 6pm.

They have spread out our territories to far I live in Gwinnett County I no longer have any customer in Gwinnett County my customers in Gwinnett County are not happy with what corporate is doing.

Management Does not care what we think about our new territories.

Most of my co-workers are looking for other more advanced opportunities.

The hardest part of my job is getting to my territory.

We make our own schedule.

That's what Ecolab talks about is that our opinions and our voice matters but it doesn't matter what our opinion is.
Terrible
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 16, 2016
The only positive side to this company is pay. I thought the pay would outweigh the daily issues but there is too much. Higher level employees such as leads supervisors and management only care about their agenda. The employees don't matter. Their opinions don't matter even though they are the ones putting in the work day in and day out.
Management is a joke and their turnover rate is higher than the lower level employees. Mandatory overtime and a no fault policy ruin moral and the job culture
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Challenging industry to work in
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 30, 2016
All calls are dispatched through an I-pad issued to employees, employees start their day from their home and travel to locations through out the specified area of coverage and in many cases beyond. I didn't learn anything new, company is still making the same mistakes as when I left the first time but it is a great company and I honestly mean that. Very large corporate structure not truly focused on good customer service as much as they portray. Management is ok. The hardest part of the job was juggling time frames and trying to cover your work as well as help younger inexperienced technicians when in trouble as everything was based upon time management and billing. The most enjoyable part of the day was quitting time.
Pros
benefits are descent
Cons
over managed operations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecolab. Our community is ready to answer.