Ecolab Employee Reviews

Good Company
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2016
No balance between life and work. On call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Benefits are great. even the management is not so bad. If you do not have a life, this is the job for you.
New manager needed
Sales Manager/ Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 22, 2016
job was good, but manager would pressure workers and
make us do things that weren't part of your job.
Did not help me personally with most of the troubles I had.
The manager really cared more about his spending budget then the actual work and employees. selfish men and i'm so glad i am not working for them anymore.
Productive and fast paced
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Driving a forklift building orders on pallets and getting them ready for shipping. I learned how to use there system and how different it is working in Texas. My coworkers were all very helpful. The hardest part of the job was the very large orders. The most enjoyable part was the overtime.
Rewarding and fast paced
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington, INSeptember 17, 2016
I love working here. My line 331 is a very physical and fast paced jug line (we make soap). I've learned a lot more about safety and have been made more aware of on the job risks. The management is very positive and proactive to most issues. My co-workers are fun and are like family. The hardest part of the job was learning all the lines since each one is unique. The most enjoyable part is running record numbers on a line with my team.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Second shift, seven days a week
We product a lot and we are not really busy it's fun everybody it's talking each other.
Making soap (Current Employee) –  Little Santee Greensboro , NCSeptember 13, 2016
At work I learned a lot like how to be social with other people. The management is. interesting because I work on 2nd shift and our boss manage everything like what and how to do everyday. Sometimes we don't have a coworkers but the one I usually is really cool and we help each other. The hardest part of the job is when we are really busy.
The enjoyable part of the job is when are at lunch or break time.
Pros
Lunches work by yourself or a group
Cons
Nothing.
Challenging and Friendly work environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 13, 2016
Ecolab was a great place to work. The job was challenging and rewarding. A typical day included: reconciling master bills, Managing Pest Product sales, data entry and addressing customer calls. It was nice getting to know each individual service specialist that came into our office. My managers were great to work with. Our customer service center were amazing! I was looking forward to a successful career at Ecolab. I loved this job and was sad when the office closed.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits and the Team was great to work with
Cons
The office closed
Great company with high moral ethics however the model for upward mobility is not optimistic.
Corporate Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 12, 2016
Great company, good work environment with good people. The opportunity to gain upward mobility though is not present. Compensation was not as rewarding as the time and work demanded. I just want to make more of an impact than Ecolab has available.

Typical work day was email responses from 8am-9:30, then go to the field to either sell new accounts or retain current customer base. Come back to the home office and then recap my day and spend another hour and a half putting out fires from the day and replying to emails. Typical sales format.

Hardest part of the job is the travel. I am currently on the road in different markets in the Southwest 20 weeks of the year. Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arkansas, Louisiana, and of course Texas. Also we have a very high demand on getting regulatory information out on a time sensitive time frame that doesn't always get met.

The most enjoyable part of my current job is that I get to help people. I just think I can do more and I want to make more of a significant impact.
Pros
Company vehicle, company expense card.
Cons
Spending my time on projects that make a difference.
really liked ecolab
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNSeptember 10, 2016
only problem was a disconnect between the street / service individuals and management that had to push sales no matter what. I totally understand it , but is very hard to work through
Pros
car for work, excellent benefits! i love the place!
Cons
communication between street level people and management. easily fixable though!
Not organized
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Will not discloseSeptember 8, 2016
The call center it's very unorganized. Employees are lazy and this causes a large workload on one person. You are self trained not much management and when you need help it's hard to reach out. So if customer request manager there really isn't one available. Which In turn you get cursed out I really feel like I'm floating around in this company and about to start looking for another career. The manager only does call monitors when not in good mood and picks at little things. If simply calls were monitored as they should be (monthly) employees would know where they could receive additional training opportunities.
Pros
Own work space
Cons
No support. Large work load.unorganized.
Typical large company politics
Sr Global Travel Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 31, 2016
Very unstable environment due to extreme reactions to global factors. It's head down and bum up with no frills day in and day out. You work hard and produce or you are removed. Typical large internal politics on all fronts.
Pros
Discounted product
Cons
Unstable
great for the young worker
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Beloit, ILAugust 28, 2016
After working here for 20 plus years, the evolution of this company changed tremendously. This is a great company for younger workers...as one ages, though, unless you have a solid connection with a Manager, you may find you are valued less and less. Maintaining the speed and strength of the younger worker is the challenge here...make sure you get some extra training or education to move into a less physical position in the office or Management...if you don't, your dedication will mean NOTHING here...they push the older workers out. This could be a great place to work, due to the excellent benefits, if they found a place for their aged, dedicated, workers that bring so much knowledge and patience to the younger ones...they USED to do that here !
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no Xmas Party; no picnics; minimul raises
Ecolab
Hospitality Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2016
Good strong company however balancing work and personal life was extremely difficult. Great territory and very fun job
Former Dispatcher / Service Delivery Specialist
Service Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INAugust 25, 2016
This place was not a good fit from day one. The management was very uptight and are constantly micromanaging. The general manager is completely absent and has no clue with what really goes on day to day. A highly caffeinated Pacific (west) Coast manager was constantly walking around all day looking over shoulders, correcting everything you say and do. This manager was truly an annoyance and was good about playing favorites. The people I worked with were for the most part pretty nice and fun. but stressed to the max. If you work the west coast , you will be overloaded with work and reprimanded if one tiny thing is missed. Also you will be required to work west coast hours 11-8 EST. Also in regards to your "coaching". If you are liked, they will overlook mistakes that you do. If you are on their watch list, anything and everything will be caught and you will be written up. They preach consistency , but don't practice it. Some days were better than others, I'm just glad I'm out of there. It was definitely effecting my health both mentally and physically.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
Micro Managed, Management looking over your shoulder, no room for promotion. Getting blamed and reprimanded for things out of your control.
Route work with high potential for commisions
Pest Elimination Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 23, 2016
Days started early. Would visit about 7-8 accounts a day, accounts normally being restaurant, hotels, and schools. Worked alone, with contact coming from management only when concerns where raise. Little to no contact with co-workers. Hours were the toughest aspect, with pay and weekends off being the most enjoyable
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Cons
Hours
Tm
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 22, 2016
they do not care about people's time. there is no work life balance. Very hard to get promoted. Too much pressure to sell without providing good training for different products. High stress low reward.
Pros
stock options
Cons
hours, workl life balance
Fair Place
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSAugust 19, 2016
The money makes life better. I have a great boss. However, senior leadership is not the greatest to work with. But overall, it is a fair place.Definitely can improve.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no room to get promoted
Great training program
Route Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 17, 2016
Ecolab has an excellent training program that invest in the employees Sales and Mechanical knowledge. I enjoyed working with all the different customer I met on a weekly basis.
Productive workplace with a good company
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 16, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of running a series of service calls to various locations given by a dispatcher. Learned the theoretical aspects of gas, steam, electric, and refrigeration pertaining to the commercial foodservice industry. Management was on the side of micro managing. Co-workers consisted of friendships that last to this day. Hardest part of the job was scheduling conflicts between dispatched and fellow technicians, as well as customers being serviced. Most enjoyable aspect of the job was constantly changing challenges from day to day-- everyday was something new!
Pros
Co-workers and challenges of industry
Cons
management
Terrible
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 16, 2016
The only positive side to this company is pay. I thought the pay would outweigh the daily issues but there is too much. Higher level employees such as leads supervisors and management only care about their agenda. The employees don't matter. Their opinions don't matter even though they are the ones putting in the work day in and day out.
Management is a joke and their turnover rate is higher than the lower level employees. Mandatory overtime and a no fault policy ruin moral and the job culture
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Great and safe place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Roscoe, ILAugust 15, 2016
Great place to work. All about being safe .