Ecolab

Ecolab Employee Reviews

Fair place to work
Service Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 27, 2015
Pros: The benefits were good. Good and fair management.
Cons: Working the graveyard shift was tough on my health
I had the privilege of working 15 years for a company that treated me fair. I would often work in excess of 10 hours per day. Sometimes I had to work weekends. I worked the graveyard shift. I had to learn about people, customer service and sales. I had good fair local management throughout my years with this company. Good co-workers. Working graveyards was difficult on one's health. The benefits were good at the company.
Review
Credit (Current Employee), Eagan, MNAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, Management
Cons: Stress relievers, Recognition is poor
2nd level customer service
Dumping stating for Customer Service calls
Management is great
co-workers are good
stress and time off are the most difficult
Most enjoyable part is the end of the day and the coworkers
Benefits aren't that great - company this large could offer a copay medical plan
Challenging Position with Growth and Income Potential
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Williston, NDAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Company Vehicle
Cons: Always on call
The position is challenging, but comes with much potential for personal and financial growth. It combines service with sales. It requires adaptability, patience, and motivation.
Good place to embark on a career
Finance (Current Employee), St. PaulAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Name recognition - respected company
Cons: Heavy workloads
Diverse company with a vast array of businesses, service, and product offerings. As with any major corporation, you will have to put forth the effort and invest heavily in networking, and personal and professional development to be visible and get ahead in your career. Can be a very political environment, with ambiguity and not consistent in how they go about promoting people or moving them across divisions. Some people get robust relocation packages, others just breadcrumbs.

No clear professional development directives from HR. Really depends on your manager/function and how important professional development is on their agenda.
A typical day at work on 3rd shift
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXAugust 13, 2015
It's a alright job. But, people come and go.
Management was not the best at sharing information.
The training was simple but they don't really tell you how your doing on the job. It was hot in the warehouse no fans.
The pay was too low. Temporary job
Good place to work, but little room for advancement if a contractor
Laboratory Techniciian (Former Employee), NapervilleAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Free Coffee
Cons: Poor benefits
Great work environment. Good leadership, as well as friendly with a good vision. Fast-paced and gives you a broad set of skills.
No Team Environment
Associate Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Private offices
Cons: Isolation
No relationships across business units. Limited training; mostly learn-as-you-go environment. Management within department is exceptional.
Great company, poor leadership
Chemical and Energy Consultant (Former Employee), UtahAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Good compensation
Cons: Hampster wheel
Great company and great products, but the management was terrible and not motivating. The customer service support was helpful and the company car was a plus.
Long Hours / Good Pay
Field Service Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 5, 2015
Great place to work if you are sales motivated. Compensation is heavily weighted on new sales and existing customer retention.
kind of scary
temp (Former Employee), ilAugust 3, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: exposure to dangerous chemicals
I definitely would not recommend working here. To start off you have to use helmets that who knows how many other people have used. I was told I would just be packing hand sanitizers and soap. That is not what I was assigned to do once I got there. You're exposed to all sorts of different hazardous/dangerous chemicals. The fumes can be strong and nauseating. I got an instant sore throat and headache the minute I walked in the building. You're given ppe but you still have to worry about being exposed to those chemicals. This place isn't for anyone who has breathing problems like asthma or any sensitivity to anything. This location made employees back in the parking spot, so you have to hope no one hits your car when they see how fast they can back in next to you usually in the dark since shifts start early or others get off at night. I wouldn't want to go there again.
Ecolab is a wonderful place to start your carrer.
Territory Manager (Former Employee), FayettevilleAugust 3, 2015
Ecolab give a person both quality of work and home. Great benefits ,you can work some long days, but is worth it in the end.
Good company overall
District Manager (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 29, 2015
Ecolab was a good company to work for. The team did a great job and was focused on creating results. Long days were somewhat normal, but you do what you need to do.
Very professional and fun job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fishers, INJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Customer service calls was at a timely matter.
Cons: I was a temp.
Working with this company taught me alot about customer service coming everyday taking over 60 calls a day was excellent to me because everyday it was something new, always talking customers helping them in their business to get tech out to their site to fix their commercial kitchen equipment . Working with co-workers was fantastic they were always at my help if i needed anything like an actual sports team trying to win. Overall a great experience with ecolab.
the are unfair
Warehouse/ Chemical reactor operator (Former Employee), Rockdale, ILJuly 29, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: everything
do not ever work for them they are not fair or don't care about your family. they try to fire you for no reasons. look somewhere else to work,
Intense work environment...
Hospitality Sales Speicalist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2015
Always on the go while multi-tasking. 24/7 on call and need to be computer literate.
Great meeting new customers and clients, getting new business from competitors.
Great company to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 15, 2015
I would say Ecolab is a great company to work for and they really take the time to develop their employees.

Great company to work for
Pays great but managment on all levels lack
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVJune 28, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: Managment
They pay well but the training and communication suck. They need to listen more to what their employees tell them they would get more production from them.
Excellent Culture
Director of Global Marine Operations (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 22, 2015
Pros: Long-term working relationships
Cons: Minimal pay increases
Very high expectations at every level. Some leadership positions are still learning proper protocol with regards to BIG business HR standards.
Great company with good reputation
Manager, Business Systems and Process (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 18, 2015
Pros: Process oriented organization, good pay and benefits
Cons: Very lean, Work/life balance lacks
Busy (which is a good thing) - a lot of projects going all at one time. Always learning something new. The people are great. Very team oriented environment.
Very good wages
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVJune 18, 2015
Pros: High wages
Cons: High stress. Horrible health care package.
High stress environment transitioning to TPM lean processes. High turnover and lots of overtime. Communication issues are a constant problem. Good people trying to solve the same old problems.
Headquarters