Ecolab

Ecolab Employer Reviews

Working at Ecolab has taught me alot, I've gain alot of experience, and enjoyed the environment there.
Computer Technician (Current Employee), Eagan MNMarch 3, 2015
Pros: learning something new everyday
Work gets me going every morning until the time I leave.
It has taught me alot about communication, management, and hands on experiments. My co-workers are great, they are like family, they make the environment more brighter. The most hardest thing would be driving to work, due to living almost an hour away. Other then that Ecolab has been really great to me.
excellent company
Foodservice chemical sales and customer service (Current Employee), AlabamaMarch 1, 2015
If you are a salesman, you must realize you will be required to work as a maintenance man wit ecolab as well as sell. You will be dirty by te end of te day. You will be required to be on call to fix commercial dishwashers and soap dispensers.
Work here is very awesome.... I love working for ecolab. They have a great team of leaders.
filler (Current Employee), Huntington, INMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great leadership, insurance starts day one
as long as you are honest, work hard, and follow what the jobs pack records tell you.. you'll do just fine. Great place to be working for...
The mosf intense and fullfilling professional experience
Corporate Sales Director Latin America (Former Employee), Sunrise FloridaFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: i travel 100% of my time across us and latin america markets
Cons: you must know how to balance company time and family time
They provide the training and it is up to each individual on the organization to outperform every day as well as maintain the culture of growth for the company, the management teams, the colleague, and finally the stock holders.

Thru the years I gain a vast knowledge and develop my talents which in turn brought growth to the company and peers, there was a good opportunity to learn as well as gain small, medium, and large corporation knowledge of business opportunities for the customers and company increase their global market share.

The most beautiful part of my duties where to meet the cosmopolitan customers and companies which gave me a broaden understanding of their business as well as the growth opportunities we could provide to them as key supplier.
The exciting part of working with Ecolab was that I didn't have an office to report to and was able to work from home.
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: freedom of not having to go into an office everyday, which allowed me to become efficent in time management.
Cons: being on the road, at times, got a little tiring.
My typical day as a Territory Sales Representative for Ecolab consisted of visiting my customers to sell them laundry chemicals and service their dispensing equipment. I had a territory consisting on Georgia/Alabama/South Carolina so I was on the road a lot.
terrible managment and they will not give you a day off
RECEIVING ASSOCIATE-FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Winston-salemFebruary 15, 2015
There aren't many chances for advancement but the work life/ personal life is pretty well balanced. The people I've worked with were very friendly and helpful.
fast paced ware house
Material Handler/Assembler (Former Employee), South Beloit, ILFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good hours employee apprciation week
Cons: benefits, management and unorganized
a regular day consist of picking parts and counting and organizing them. after i would assemble units for customers. co-workers talk alot and are in everyone business, the hardest part is recognizing smaller parts{look the same but aren't]
Work Enviroment
SR. IT OPERATIONAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: lots of events and groups for different people
Cons: management treats everyone differently
Everyday presents a new challenge. On the job learning and great atmosphere. management has hands off approach unless you are not meeting expectations. Fairly compensated.
Current Position Overview
Financial Analyst Accounting and Controls (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedules
Cons: low wages
My manager offered a flexible schedule. I was able to work from home if needed. If I had a doctor's appointment my manager let me work around it no questions ask.

Not all management is as laid back as my current manager. Others have blocked employees from advancing within the company to ensure their department is full.

My co-workers are great. They are respectable and fun. We all have priorities that come first, but still have a great time.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with several departments and levels of management. I enjoy hearing and learning what others do within their positions,

The hardest part of my job is delivering bad news to account managers regarding customer equipment fund balances. If I decline an order it quickly escalates to senior management and gets approved anyway.
More bad than good
District Manager (Current Employee), Las VegasJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: 401k and stock purchase
Cons: no work life balance they expect 24/7 365 day availability as a manager
They set their budgets extremely high. If you exceed your budget by a few points you are in the top 20% automatically. They expect you to be available every day including weekends and they push like no other company. However, the compensation does not match the demands of the job.
Long boring shifts.
Bulk filler (Former Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: decent start wage.
Cons: 12 hour shifts
Long boring 12 hour shifts filling pails. The management and workers are friendly. Room for advancement.
Consistently short staffed, asking too much of loyal people, joke regarding work/life balance
Outside Sales Manager (Former Employee), SpokaneJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: company car, decent benefits
Cons: short sighted management, me first mentality, no team work, so support.
Ecolab, in the Northwest, particularly in Spokane, has been miss-managed for a generation. What, in most parts of the country, is a viable and thriving enterprise, is, in this area, a complete catastrophe.
The District Manager position has NEVER been filled by a person with a college degree, which is mandatory for all positions. This creates an educational dysfunction which is difficult to get over. The examples of this are epic. Consider working as an outside sales person and getting a phone call from your boss, oh, maybe twice a month, and only when he wants you to drop everything and cover a call he is responsible for. Why can't he cover it? Either he's drunk, high, or can't get his pants back on. District Meetings, supposed to be held once a month, are cast aside unless the Area Manager inserts himself, and then a hastily under-prepared meeting is arranged, catered by the local Circle K. Seriously.
I may be jaded, as I was terminated after 10 years, because of a 'mysterious' customer complaint. I actually tried to hold the district to some standards, but obviously, I was interfering with the boss's party, or, more aptly, I was harshing his mellow.
I would not refer anyone in the Spokane area to work for this company. Seriously, you can hear the carnival music if you listen closely.
We had open positions for three years, and during that time, the local team had to cover, and the compensation to do so was cheated on and minimal. Covering open territories shorted us each on time to get our own jobs done, and then we would be penalized for not getting our jobs completed to specs. Working for Ecolab is a no win situation.
In reveiw
Material Handler/Receiving (Former Employee), Beloit, WIJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: very dependable, hard worker, easy to get along with
Cons: can't think of any
I am a team player with co-workers very responsible in my job duties assigned.I am a very safety orientated worker.I am willing to take on easy task to hard ones.My attendance is great.I am always willing to learn more than my position assigned to be more flexible to handle the company needs.
ecolab
Service Specialist (Former Employee), Meridian, MSJanuary 14, 2015
too many hours for a mother of 2. too many hours for a mother of 2. too many hours for a mother of 2
You will be worked like a dog.
Territory Manager - Institutional (Former Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: none.
Cons: weekend coverage. micro managed. hours vs pay never adds up. thankless work.
Your annual salary is not what you get paid. It is a guesstimate that no one can explain. Commission only position that they won't tell you either.

After training you go on the "plan" and for the first month you are not paid and nobody tells you that. Everyone is vague about it because they know it will be hard for you for a month.

You will pay out more in fuel from your own pocket than you are reimbursed to drive a company car.

You get to work on commercial dish machines in foul kitchens. It's awesome.

Little boys club. Locker room feel.
Exciting working environment with different peronalities
District O2C Manager (Current Employee), Kilgore, TXJanuary 6, 2015
A typical work day is coming in every morning, checking emails for new sales orders and processing them. This was my first oil and gas position. I learned valuable information to be able to take with me to further my career. I managed 7 employees in 4 different locations. I enjoyed my co-workers, but had to keep the manager/employee relationship. The hardest part of my job was traveling so much. The most enjoyable part was the people interaction and problem solving.
Job itself is interesting and challenging other supervisors are difficult to work with
Production Supervisor II (Former Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: interesting place to work, able to learn lean principles, and the upper mangement for the most part are helpful
Cons: hostile work environment promoted by senior supervisors
The job itself is interesting and challenging. The upper management team is helpful and easy to work with.. The company promotes a leadership development program which hires supervisors fresh out of college. This proves to be a challenge due to constant churn of moving people from department to department every 18 months due to the LDP rotation. The company is now trying to hire Production Supervisors with experience, however, if you are hired as a Production Supervisor II be prepared for the hostility from the senior supervisors hired in the early 1990's. This is the worst part of the job.
Steady workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: awesome breakroom
Cons: hard work floors, dust flying everywhere
Ecolab is a great job to have temporarily. I would have loved to stay at ecolab if it was a permanent job and payed more. Other then that, ecolab is a great place to work for. A typical day at work is breaking down a pallet and checking boxes for leaks. Then you restack the boxes on a different pallet and rewrap them. Management is great. They just want to make sure everything down efficiently and timely. There isn't anything hard about this job at all. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you go on break. The breakroom is temperatured and the warehouse is not.
Horrible company to work for unless you want to be a slave!
Waste-water Treatment (Current Employee), Eastern territory, USDecember 9, 2014
Cons: no lunches or breaks and always on edge
This company expected you to work 60-80 hour weeks with no over time, management is a total joke. There is always the threat that you are just about to lose your job. Department mangers are the worst I have ever worked with.

December 22, 2014

I also worked in this department, it was the most horrible experience of my life. The upper management is a joke, and they are simply run by scary under qualified yes men.

ECOLAB great company gone BAD. Shame on u
senior service specialist (Former Employee), Mohave county and Laughlin areaDecember 5, 2014
Cons: poor management
17 years with Ecolab in this position posted . Mohave co , Laughlin area .Ecolab turned the job I loved in to work and just another pest control company no longer delivering the promise to their customers and their employees .Big on safety but fails to practices what they preach. Working long hrs being paged during sleep tine and working during family time and working your weekends your forced to drive with little or no sleep . Failing to provide proper PPE to their employee forced to use respirator filters past their product recommended replacement guide lines . Nor could they order proper size gloves for to wear most of the time .Vacation time your expected to complete all your work for the month before you can take your well earned vacation that means you have to work all your weekends to complete a months worth of work. How is this a vacation your gust getting your weekends back.Also your expected to do sales calls during your family or sleep time and your not paid for it the sales rep gets the commission and you get a tiny Spiff not worth the time away from your family.Your kids are just a picture on you dash board and the wife is the other person on the phone when you get a chance . This is how they reward you I sold a hundred fifty thousand in route volume to add the third route and they hired him and gave him the day route and I scheduled a meeting with my reg mgr . When I got there they had FIVE written warning for me and one was an incident that happen over a year earlier. What a joke the area manager you will have is a perfect example of how bad it is .I had cancer – more... surgery and all he could do was call and cussed at me and tell me I need to get back to work .Reported to reg mgr and Hr fell on deaf ears . Also reported not getting my PPE as needed nothing happened this same mgr would not replace my worn full face respirator for six month's. And what worse is the customer now gets control not elimination that I was so proud of to all of my customers I loved I'm sorry . So you want a job with Ecolab you better rethink it your family is more important than a company like this and SHAME ON YOU ECOLAB – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Ecolab

A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy – Read more