Ecolab

Ecolab Employee Reviews

Institutional Division= no work/life balance
Territory Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, gas card, company provides vehicle, some service technicians willing to help
Cons: managent only cares about your budget numbers, on call 24/7 including weekends, phone never stops ringing, demanding customers, probably a few more I can't remember at the moment.
Expect to be on call 24/7, including weekends. However, depending on your district you should be able to only be on weekend coverage every 5 weeks or so. You will not be getting paid any overtime for being on call, even on the weekend. The job is 80% service and 20% sales. You will get a monthly budget, which will increase from year to year. You will also be responsible for call coverage, probably about 60 or so accounts a month that you will have to have signed in order to get credit for going there. If you do not get at least 95% call coverage monthly they will speak with you about it. According to management there are no excuses for not getting proper call coverage. If you go on vacation you are still responsible to hit your numbers. You will most likely get at least 1 emergency service call a day which will bring you out of where you were hitting your daily call coverage and then have to make up the ones you missed the next day. It's a never ending cycle. You have to know the ins and outs of a commercial dish machine. Customers will expect the world from you and will not be very appreciative of what you do for them. Remember it's all about the numbers.
Ideal workplace for independant self-starter
Street Sales Development Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaMay 20, 2015
Pros: Rewarded with advancement after a short success period
Cons: Weekend Call Coverage for my entire district
If you are a hard working self-starter, Ecolab is your ideal career choice. If you are mechanical and a people person, you will be successful in your role with Ecolab.
great place to work, full of advancement!
Mail Clerk (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 13, 2015
I have been working at Ecolab for three years. I love the environment and people I work with. there is a lot of room to move up and expand within the company.
Assistant Supervisor - Customer service (Current Employee), Eagan, MNMay 12, 2015
Ecolab has sustained through difficult economic times in America and across the world. I have learned a lot and enjoy working here.
Excellent Company
Quality Engineer (Plant) (Current Employee), Columbus, MSMay 7, 2015
A very diverse Company offering opportunities all over the world. Ecolab offers on the job training and continued training throughout your career.
rewarding working with the public to make it food safe by product education.
Territory Representative (Former Employee), Seattle WashingtonMay 5, 2015
Pros: Company car, 401K, Paid vacation, health benifits
Cons: Micro management
I spent 3 years working for this company I really enjoyed the job it made me feel like I was helping the community. I made sure that the stores I called on had a understanding about food safety and its imporatnce to the general public
Great values and ethics
Sr. Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Fishers, InMay 4, 2015
During my 9 years @ Ecolab, I was able to learn and grow into multiple roles. The company values putting employees that they are best suited for.
Pest Route Technician
Pest Route Technician (Former Employee), Industry, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: Work life Balance
This is definitely not an easy job. There is no work life balance. Management in certain destricts need alot of improvement
its ok
Assembley (Current Employee), Rockton, ILMay 4, 2015
i learned how to work with others and patiently not a bad job, it was great if you are looking forward to working part time. it can be a strenuous job and tough at times
Extremely productive workplace
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Rockton, ILMay 4, 2015
Once I arrived to work I would first clock- in then I would set my lunch down by my work station and talk to my co-workers until my shift began. Once my shift began my duties would consist of putting together parts of a soap dispenser and passing it down the line. Once we boxed the correct amount of items I would load it and wrap it and have someone come pick it up to be shipped.
Great Company
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Grapevine TxApril 29, 2015
Ecolab is a great company to work for with great benefits. I've been with the company for over two years. I handle all the replenishment for one of the worlds largest retailers.
great company great culture
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Frederick, MDApril 28, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: always on call
Ecolab is a great place to grow and develop your professional career in every facet. management is dedicated to helping you learn and grow within the company
Bad communication
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), McDonough, GAApril 22, 2015
Very bad communication issues with Management and hourly workers. Corporate allows Ecolab supervisors and HR's to destroy its hourly workers with write-ups and intimidation tactics to belittle the worker and make them the worker feel useless and make the worker at Ecolab walk a tight rope
Assembly
Assembler (Former Employee), Roscoe, ILApril 17, 2015
Pros: Not real hard work
Cons: Worked in teams that sometimes didn't pull their weight
The company sold industrial cleaning products and we put together the soap dispensers that the cleaning products would go into. They are the ones in stores or even out on farms. We would make sure the equipment would work and packed them up to be shift to different locations.
Constant work , low pay, always increasing sales budgets impossible to meet.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 12, 2015
Pros: Vehicle to drive
Cons: Always working. no family life.
would not work for them again.Always working. no family life.Constant work , low pay, always increasing sales budgets impossible to meet. Always changing account base.
challenging workplace
Route Sales Manager (Current Employee), panhandle and the shenanadoah valleyApril 9, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: healthcare
Fast paced and self motavating company. The hours vary from day to day.Driving alot from account to account. I have about 80 accounts i go to a month.
I enjoyed working at Champion Technologies before it was purchased and after the merger the work environment changed significantly.
Plant Controller (Former Employee), Fresno, TXApril 4, 2015
Pros: Working with local site leadership team to develop policies and guidelines to run the plant.
Cons: Changed after the merger to be in the Finance organization, work environment was less friendly, and got less support and interaction with management.
Acquired in April 2013 so culture change was major event and working environment was very good at the plant local level.

Member of the site leadership team and worked closely with all departmental Superintendents and the Plant Manager.

Job duties changed a lot with the merger/acquisition and the work environment was different due to a public company verses a privately owned company.
High pay, high stress, no life, no support
Service specialist (Current Employee), Florida regionApril 2, 2015
Pros: Pay, company vehicle, company paid phone.
Cons: No work/family balance can be achieved, poor management, difficulty getting required supplies
The pay and benefits are a good quality of this company. They have recently made some changes for the better in regards to vacation time. The chief complaint I have in my time with this company is the lack of balance between you work and home life. Even when I'm off I constantly receive calls and emails from my ADM that I am expected to respond to immediately. The constantly changing routes and unclear expectations are another downside. My route regularly had me driving two hours to get to my first stop. If I recieved a callback that had to be addressed immediately that was on the other side of my route (which happened a lot) then my whole schedule for the day was shot. When that happens I was chastised for having poor schedule adherence. Yet if I didn't respond in the proper time frame then I was chastised and my job threatened. Corporate is very out of touch with the field employees as is evident by their nearly unacheivable goals they set for us. If you get behind you lose you weekend off. My ADM who is over me is very unreliable and tends to not tell the truth. He also will talk poorly of employees to other employees or chastise them in front of another employee. I had the fortune of sitting in a vehicle with him while he had another employee a on speaker phone. He proceeded to go off on him with me sitting there. Then once the call was over he began trashing the employee to me. This is a great job if you don't have family and don't have a social life. The office workers at corporate are quite happy with their jobs. It's those of us in the field that suffer as you can see from previous review.
Stressful, Typical Corporation No concern for employees
Associate Technician/Equipment Care/GCS Service (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Long hours, No life beyond Ecolab
The pay and benefits are good, but you'll pay for them. Practically no time off. If you're a workaholic this may be the place for you. Customers have unreasonable expectations, that are put in place by the bigwigs at Ecolab sitting behind there desk. You are expected to make a $30000.00 a month budget, yet you have to drive two hours a day to get to first call. Driving sometime over 300 miles per day. You will not get paid for the first hour of drive time or the last hour of your drive home. On call a week at a time every other week. Parts inventory on the truck is a joke or almost non existent, requiring multiple calls to the same location. Formal training is pretty much non existent. I've ran service calls all my life, this was the most stressful ever. Almost had a nervous breakdown. So I just quit. That's how desperate I was to get away
24/7
service specialist (Former Employee), TexasMarch 24, 2015
Pros: company vehicle, co-workers
Cons: work/life balance, hours worked, on call 24/7, basically no weekends off
Expect to be on-call 24/7... Endless emails, texts, and phone calls. No work/life balance. All I was preached was you can make a lot of money, money this, money that.... Maybe true if you are willing to sacrifice your life. I feel sorry for the over-worked, underpaid employees because they were the one thing that were great. DM and ADM were cool too but not what I heard about many other districts. Beware!!

1 2 3 4 5

About Ecolab

A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy – Read more

Ecolab Salaries