Ecolab Employee Reviews

Divisions vary, management is in a bubble!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 6, 2016
Every division is different. If you work in the sales or Institutional departments be cautious. Ecolab is business as usual run by men for men, and I say that as a man myself.

There is also very little diversity in management, this drives down culture and it makes for a toxic work place if you're a minority. This place is great if you like the cut throat "That is not my job" environment. Also do not expect high raises or promotions, Ecolab is paper happy and they only promote high level executives with degrees. There is no such thing as moving up in this company, the budget is already set aside for upper management. After five years, leaving was the best thing I ever did. I doubled my salary by just leaving this forsaken company.
great for the young worker
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Beloit, ILAugust 28, 2016
After working here for 20 plus years, the evolution of this company changed tremendously. This is a great company for younger workers...as one ages, though, unless you have a solid connection with a Manager, you may find you are valued less and less. Maintaining the speed and strength of the younger worker is the challenge here...make sure you get some extra training or education to move into a less physical position in the office or Management...if you don't, your dedication will mean NOTHING here...they push the older workers out. This could be a great place to work, due to the excellent benefits, if they found a place for their aged, dedicated, workers that bring so much knowledge and patience to the younger ones...they USED to do that here !
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no Xmas Party; no picnics; minimul raises
Great Manufacturing Industry Experience
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 30, 2016
A typical day would include operating the cast packaging machine to package cleaning chemicals and products for industrial use for the most part. It was an interesting shift from my career field but provided the right schedule for me to work at nights and go to school during the day time. I was pursing my BBA Accounting Major degree at the time.

Management and coworkers are upbeat and it's a steadily active type atmosphere, great team work, and steady communication and rapport among co-workers to get the job done and to help get each other through the day on the production line. The night shift can be rough at times; it's hard to physically adjust to it.
Not organized
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Will not discloseSeptember 8, 2016
The call center it's very unorganized. Employees are lazy and this causes a large workload on one person. You are self trained not much management and when you need help it's hard to reach out. So if customer request manager there really isn't one available. Which In turn you get cursed out I really feel like I'm floating around in this company and about to start looking for another career. The manager only does call monitors when not in good mood and picks at little things. If simply calls were monitored as they should be (monthly) employees would know where they could receive additional training opportunities.
Pros
Own work space
Cons
No support. Large work load.unorganized.
Route work with high potential for commisions
Pest Elimination Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 23, 2016
Days started early. Would visit about 7-8 accounts a day, accounts normally being restaurant, hotels, and schools. Worked alone, with contact coming from management only when concerns where raise. Little to no contact with co-workers. Hours were the toughest aspect, with pay and weekends off being the most enjoyable
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Cons
Hours
Terrible after new management.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INNovember 3, 2016
I didn't mind my job until the last year I was there. We actually had bosses that cared about us, and made good decisions for the plant as a whole. Now you work non stop, your opinions and values are overlooked, and it is made very clear that you are replaceable. Many long time employees were let go with no notice, or they quit afterwards. This place is going down the gutter
Pros
Benefits and decent pay
Cons
No home life, poor management/leads, you are viewed as replaceable, not an asset.
Challenging and Friendly work environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 13, 2016
Ecolab was a great place to work. The job was challenging and rewarding. A typical day included: reconciling master bills, Managing Pest Product sales, data entry and addressing customer calls. It was nice getting to know each individual service specialist that came into our office. My managers were great to work with. Our customer service center were amazing! I was looking forward to a successful career at Ecolab. I loved this job and was sad when the office closed.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits and the Team was great to work with
Cons
The office closed
Don't do it
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2016
Worked as an admin in the FSC office in Manhattan. I enjoyed assisting the sales managers and their teams, but corporate accounts was a nightmare. The admin is responsible and gets the heat from upper management when sales reps do not complete their tasks on schedule
Pros
Free lunch, paid work trips
Cons
Toxic office supervisor, hostile environment, expensive benefits, no paid overtime unless you're well liked
Rewarding and fast paced
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington, INSeptember 17, 2016
I love working here. My line 331 is a very physical and fast paced jug line (we make soap). I've learned a lot more about safety and have been made more aware of on the job risks. The management is very positive and proactive to most issues. My co-workers are fun and are like family. The hardest part of the job was learning all the lines since each one is unique. The most enjoyable part is running record numbers on a line with my team.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Second shift, seven days a week
Challenging industry to work in
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 30, 2016
All calls are dispatched through an I-pad issued to employees, employees start their day from their home and travel to locations through out the specified area of coverage and in many cases beyond. I didn't learn anything new, company is still making the same mistakes as when I left the first time but it is a great company and I honestly mean that. Very large corporate structure not truly focused on good customer service as much as they portray. Management is ok. The hardest part of the job was juggling time frames and trying to cover your work as well as help younger inexperienced technicians when in trouble as everything was based upon time management and billing. The most enjoyable part of the day was quitting time.
Pros
benefits are descent
Cons
over managed operations
Good business, excellent training and advancement opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 14, 2016
Steady work, multiple departments to transition in, large company with competitive wages .

Basic corporate structure, dress codes, diverse employee network. No sales required, great benefits.
Terrible
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 16, 2016
The only positive side to this company is pay. I thought the pay would outweigh the daily issues but there is too much. Higher level employees such as leads supervisors and management only care about their agenda. The employees don't matter. Their opinions don't matter even though they are the ones putting in the work day in and day out.
Management is a joke and their turnover rate is higher than the lower level employees. Mandatory overtime and a no fault policy ruin moral and the job culture
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Great benefits. Terrible payment plan they moved to.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2017
I clock in when I get into my service vehicle. I drive to my first account which is usually a quick service account. I inspect the building and check all exterior and interior traps. then I go back through in the interior and spray a residual, dust, and bait. I usually have about 6 average accounts a night but you can work ahead. I learned a lot about how to inspect different restaurant buildings and learned how to get rid of unwanted pests. My co-workers are very laid back and will offer to help you. hardest part is we don't get paid what we used to anymore to put up with customers and upper management we put up with. the most enjoyable part is having a service vehicle to go from place to place and having a fuel card.
Voice Matters
SSRM Sales Service Route Manger (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2017
My day starts at 4 am because I have to drive to my territory.
I get to my first customer at 730 am most of the time. I do not get home till around 5am to 6pm.

They have spread out our territories to far I live in Gwinnett County I no longer have any customer in Gwinnett County my customers in Gwinnett County are not happy with what corporate is doing.

Management Does not care what we think about our new territories.

Most of my co-workers are looking for other more advanced opportunities.

The hardest part of my job is getting to my territory.

We make our own schedule.

That's what Ecolab talks about is that our opinions and our voice matters but it doesn't matter what our opinion is.
Former Dispatcher / Service Delivery Specialist
Service Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INAugust 25, 2016
This place was not a good fit from day one. The management was very uptight and are constantly micromanaging. The general manager is completely absent and has no clue with what really goes on day to day. A highly caffeinated Pacific (west) Coast manager was constantly walking around all day looking over shoulders, correcting everything you say and do. This manager was truly an annoyance and was good about playing favorites. The people I worked with were for the most part pretty nice and fun. but stressed to the max. If you work the west coast , you will be overloaded with work and reprimanded if one tiny thing is missed. Also you will be required to work west coast hours 11-8 EST. Also in regards to your "coaching". If you are liked, they will overlook mistakes that you do. If you are on their watch list, anything and everything will be caught and you will be written up. They preach consistency , but don't practice it. Some days were better than others, I'm just glad I'm out of there. It was definitely effecting my health both mentally and physically.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
Micro Managed, Management looking over your shoulder, no room for promotion. Getting blamed and reprimanded for things out of your control.
really liked ecolab
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNSeptember 10, 2016
only problem was a disconnect between the street / service individuals and management that had to push sales no matter what. I totally understand it , but is very hard to work through
Pros
car for work, excellent benefits! i love the place!
Cons
communication between street level people and management. easily fixable though!
No typical in my Day
Northeast Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2016
There is no typical in Ecolab. Everyday has taught me something new, from how to handle a customer, to manage through processes and/or procedures, to working with co workers and outside divisions. I've worked at Ecolab for over 13 years and it has taught me a tremendous amount about myself, how to handle adversity and success and helped me understand how to manage a successful business. My co workers have been wonderful and supportive, management has allowed me to advance through company in different positions, teaching so much about how we go to market. The hardest part is that its such a big company, that you get lost in the shuffle. The company itself is so strong and has so many qualified people that moving toward my career goals can be slow moving.
Pros
Company resources - technical, marketing, promotional info, support
Cons
Huge company
Great place to work with great people
Lead Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 3, 2016
Great place to work - leading (sometimes bleeding) edge of technology. Long hours but good benefits. Rank and file is great - Management is a little weak
Great company
IT Operations Analyst-Tier II (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 10, 2016
Amazing place to work with good pay, great management, and culture. Company cares for employees. Great leadership, Management is always looking for employee's input.
Pros
Cafe and coffee shop
Cons
N/A
Good management team, truly care for their employees.
District Manager-Oklahoma/Kansas (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 29, 2016
Good management team, truly care for their employees, Currently going through some growing pains with the Swisher purchase. Ecolab is serious about employee retention.
Pros
Management Team
Cons
Compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecolab. Our community is ready to answer.