Ecolab Employee Reviews

Terrible after new management.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INNovember 3, 2016
I didn't mind my job until the last year I was there. We actually had bosses that cared about us, and made good decisions for the plant as a whole. Now you work non stop, your opinions and values are overlooked, and it is made very clear that you are replaceable. Many long time employees were let go with no notice, or they quit afterwards. This place is going down the gutter
Pros
Benefits and decent pay
Cons
No home life, poor management/leads, you are viewed as replaceable, not an asset.
meeting new people and making and building relationships
Route Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastern NCNovember 30, 2016
I met a lot of good people in my territory, I covered 4 counties, did a lot of driving, however, my customers will tell you that I tried to take care of each and everyone of them.
I will never understand how a company lets good people go and promotes idiots.
These idiots may have been there for very little or a long time.
They have a survey called "your voice matters, it doesn't.
benefits
Cons
you can't pick the people you work with, and customers are not always right
Don't do it
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2016
Worked as an admin in the FSC office in Manhattan. I enjoyed assisting the sales managers and their teams, but corporate accounts was a nightmare. The admin is responsible and gets the heat from upper management when sales reps do not complete their tasks on schedule
Pros
Free lunch, paid work trips
Cons
Toxic office supervisor, hostile environment, expensive benefits, no paid overtime unless you're well liked
Rewarding and fast paced
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington, INSeptember 17, 2016
I love working here. My line 331 is a very physical and fast paced jug line (we make soap). I've learned a lot more about safety and have been made more aware of on the job risks. The management is very positive and proactive to most issues. My co-workers are fun and are like family. The hardest part of the job was learning all the lines since each one is unique. The most enjoyable part is running record numbers on a line with my team.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Second shift, seven days a week
They are sneaky...
Certified Professional Food Sanitarian (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 10, 2016
This company pitches a good sales pitch, but they have no concern for team member happiness or well being. Ecosure is a division of Ecolab and they change their rules as they go to ensure they always profit no matter at what expense their team members suffer. They do not allow you to take vacation time and they do not pay out for accumulated time when you leave.
We product a lot and we are not really busy it's fun everybody it's talking each other.
Making soap (Current Employee) –  Little Santee Greensboro , NCSeptember 13, 2016
At work I learned a lot like how to be social with other people. The management is. interesting because I work on 2nd shift and our boss manage everything like what and how to do everyday. Sometimes we don't have a coworkers but the one I usually is really cool and we help each other. The hardest part of the job is when we are really busy.
The enjoyable part of the job is when are at lunch or break time.
Pros
Lunches work by yourself or a group
Cons
Nothing.
Challenging and Friendly work environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 13, 2016
Ecolab was a great place to work. The job was challenging and rewarding. A typical day included: reconciling master bills, Managing Pest Product sales, data entry and addressing customer calls. It was nice getting to know each individual service specialist that came into our office. My managers were great to work with. Our customer service center were amazing! I was looking forward to a successful career at Ecolab. I loved this job and was sad when the office closed.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits and the Team was great to work with
Cons
The office closed
Not organized
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Will not discloseSeptember 8, 2016
The call center it's very unorganized. Employees are lazy and this causes a large workload on one person. You are self trained not much management and when you need help it's hard to reach out. So if customer request manager there really isn't one available. Which In turn you get cursed out I really feel like I'm floating around in this company and about to start looking for another career. The manager only does call monitors when not in good mood and picks at little things. If simply calls were monitored as they should be (monthly) employees would know where they could receive additional training opportunities.
Pros
Own work space
Cons
No support. Large work load.unorganized.
Fun, cool and rewarding place to work.
Accounts Payable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNOctober 25, 2016
Ecolab is a fun and progressive company to work with. It values its employees. The company value and support professional gowth of its workforce. The company is big on promoting from within.
Pros
It offers many incentives to its employees.
Cons
Customer service employees are required to work Weekends at times that can be a little stressful.
Good for people who could care less about the company
marketing manager (Current Employee) –  saint paulOctober 21, 2016
so.. the culture .. is .. people are overly sensitive.. about others.. and think twice before clearly stating what they think.

right from the top bosses to juniors, it is hard to find anyone having an opinion. to think that people would voice their opinion is like wishing for heaven.

definitely a good place to while away your life.
Terrible
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 16, 2016
The only positive side to this company is pay. I thought the pay would outweigh the daily issues but there is too much. Higher level employees such as leads supervisors and management only care about their agenda. The employees don't matter. Their opinions don't matter even though they are the ones putting in the work day in and day out.
Management is a joke and their turnover rate is higher than the lower level employees. Mandatory overtime and a no fault policy ruin moral and the job culture
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Productive workplace with a good company
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 16, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of running a series of service calls to various locations given by a dispatcher. Learned the theoretical aspects of gas, steam, electric, and refrigeration pertaining to the commercial foodservice industry. Management was on the side of micro managing. Co-workers consisted of friendships that last to this day. Hardest part of the job was scheduling conflicts between dispatched and fellow technicians, as well as customers being serviced. Most enjoyable aspect of the job was constantly changing challenges from day to day-- everyday was something new!
Pros
Co-workers and challenges of industry
Cons
management
Route work with high potential for commisions
Pest Elimination Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 23, 2016
Days started early. Would visit about 7-8 accounts a day, accounts normally being restaurant, hotels, and schools. Worked alone, with contact coming from management only when concerns where raise. Little to no contact with co-workers. Hours were the toughest aspect, with pay and weekends off being the most enjoyable
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Cons
Hours
This is not a sales job!!!!
Sales but not really fix and install (Former Employee) –  Never you mindAugust 11, 2016
They miss characterize this job as a sales position. Trust me it's not all you'll be doing the Servicing dishwashers for restaurants and hospitality. Basically no training expectations is to install and maintain these machines. On call all the time no life. They really should hire a plumber or trained tech to do this job,but they would have to pay alot more money for this work.
Pros
Cons
Low pay No life All lies
great for the young worker
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Beloit, ILAugust 28, 2016
After working here for 20 plus years, the evolution of this company changed tremendously. This is a great company for younger workers...as one ages, though, unless you have a solid connection with a Manager, you may find you are valued less and less. Maintaining the speed and strength of the younger worker is the challenge here...make sure you get some extra training or education to move into a less physical position in the office or Management...if you don't, your dedication will mean NOTHING here...they push the older workers out. This could be a great place to work, due to the excellent benefits, if they found a place for their aged, dedicated, workers that bring so much knowledge and patience to the younger ones...they USED to do that here !
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no Xmas Party; no picnics; minimul raises
Poor Communication
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/AJuly 28, 2016
This company is an absolute joke. I was blown off twice for interviews and had to continually call and remind HR about my interviews on phone and in person. Before I knew it they had filled the position without even meeting with me. Needless to say I identified with a disability, and was blown off by this company with no reason at all offered, or provide a copy of my fair credit report or driving record/background check. Big mistake on their part. :)
Terrible job
SVSP pest (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CANovember 9, 2016
The job that never ends and doesn't pay. Do you enjoy crawling around on your hands and knees in filthy kitchens all nite long? How about spaying poisonous chemicals constantly? On call 24/7? 60hr plus work weeks all for minimum wage? If you answered yes than this is the job for you. Good luck
Pros
Training in Minnesota
Cons
Everything else
Excellent place to work
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 20, 2016
As a market leader, we pride ourselves on delivering positive economic, social and environmental outcomes. But we can’t do it alone. We take action in teams inspired by meaningful work and made stronger by diverse perspectives. Our innovative global workforce - 45,000 strong and growing - thrives in an intellectually challenging environment that recognizes and rewards those who excel.
Pros
Good pay, good people
Cons
The hours are tough in the beginning.
New manager needed
Sales Manager/ Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 22, 2016
job was good, but manager would pressure workers and
make us do things that weren't part of your job.
Did not help me personally with most of the troubles I had.
The manager really cared more about his spending budget then the actual work and employees. selfish men and i'm so glad i am not working for them anymore.
hardest part of the job
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 18, 2016
There are many different types of issues that come across the phones when talking to customers and it all depends how well you know the company and the products. The most difficult part of a customer service agent would be credit issues. Customers calling in disputing invoices because of their contract pricing (which customer service does not have access to) or wanting to full description of their invoices and why it's so different from last months.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecolab. Our community is ready to answer.