Ecolab Employee Reviews in United States

Former Dispatcher / Service Delivery Specialist
Service Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INAugust 25, 2016
This place was not a good fit from day one. The management was very uptight and are constantly micromanaging. The general manager is completely absent and has no clue with what really goes on day to day. A highly caffeinated Pacific (west) Coast manager was constantly walking around all day looking over shoulders, correcting everything you say and do. This manager was truly an annoyance and was good about playing favorites. The people I worked with were for the most part pretty nice and fun. but stressed to the max. If you work the west coast , you will be overloaded with work and reprimanded if one tiny thing is missed. Also you will be required to work west coast hours 11-8 EST. Also in regards to your "coaching". If you are liked, they will overlook mistakes that you do. If you are on their watch list, anything and everything will be caught and you will be written up. They preach consistency , but don't practice it. Some days were better than others, I'm just glad I'm out of there. It was definitely effecting my health both mentally and physically.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
Micro Managed, Management looking over your shoulder, no room for promotion. Getting blamed and reprimanded for things out of your control.
Tm
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 22, 2016
they do not care about people's time. there is no work life balance. Very hard to get promoted. Too much pressure to sell without providing good training for different products. High stress low reward.
Pros
stock options
Cons
hours, workl life balance
Dont walk away from this job....run!!
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ohio Valley RegionAugust 22, 2016
Would really give this job a one plus.I have been a very hard worker my entire life,so hard work and long hours are both things I am used to,but this job...is beyond the vale. Insane hours,loony tune pages when you're trying to sleep because you are supposed to be in constant call,no home life whatsoever, multiple follow ups to problem accounts that are not paid,terrible health insurance,inadequate pay for the nearly overwhelming amount of work that is expected of you,no appreciation for killing yourself daily,the list goes on and on. Love my colleagues as they are stuck in the same nightmare I am stuck in,company vehicle is a nice benefit,and my two direct superiors are OK on a good day. But overall a horrible back breaking nasty thankless job that has taken just about all the joy out of my life.
Pros
Company vehicle, bonding with brothers in drudgery.
Cons
Home life, unrealistic expectations, many more.
Fair Place
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSAugust 19, 2016
The money makes life better. I have a great boss. However, senior leadership is not the greatest to work with. But overall, it is a fair place.Definitely can improve.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no room to get promoted
Great training program
Route Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 17, 2016
Ecolab has an excellent training program that invest in the employees Sales and Mechanical knowledge. I enjoyed working with all the different customer I met on a weekly basis.
Productive workplace with a good company
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 16, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of running a series of service calls to various locations given by a dispatcher. Learned the theoretical aspects of gas, steam, electric, and refrigeration pertaining to the commercial foodservice industry. Management was on the side of micro managing. Co-workers consisted of friendships that last to this day. Hardest part of the job was scheduling conflicts between dispatched and fellow technicians, as well as customers being serviced. Most enjoyable aspect of the job was constantly changing challenges from day to day-- everyday was something new!
Pros
Co-workers and challenges of industry
Cons
management
Terrible
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 16, 2016
The only positive side to this company is pay. I thought the pay would outweigh the daily issues but there is too much. Higher level employees such as leads supervisors and management only care about their agenda. The employees don't matter. Their opinions don't matter even though they are the ones putting in the work day in and day out.
Management is a joke and their turnover rate is higher than the lower level employees. Mandatory overtime and a no fault policy ruin moral and the job culture
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Great and safe place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Roscoe, ILAugust 15, 2016
Great place to work. All about being safe .
This is not a sales job!!!!
Sales but not really fix and install (Former Employee) –  Never you mindAugust 11, 2016
They miss characterize this job as a sales position. Trust me it's not all you'll be doing the Servicing dishwashers for restaurants and hospitality. Basically no training expectations is to install and maintain these machines. On call all the time no life. They really should hire a plumber or trained tech to do this job,but they would have to pay alot more money for this work.
Pros
Cons
Low pay No life All lies
Great place to work with great people
Lead Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 3, 2016
Great place to work - leading (sometimes bleeding) edge of technology. Long hours but good benefits. Rank and file is great - Management is a little weak
Ecolab Summary
LOGISTICS LEAD (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2016
After going from Microtek to Ecolab it was a hard adjustment. We were used to a company that cared about their employees to a company that focus only on the $$. Constantly worried about if you were going to lose your job when the out of town directors arrived. If you like being bullied, and receiving empty promises, this is the company for you.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything but the pay
Poor Communication
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/AJuly 28, 2016
This company is an absolute joke. I was blown off twice for interviews and had to continually call and remind HR about my interviews on phone and in person. Before I knew it they had filled the position without even meeting with me. Needless to say I identified with a disability, and was blown off by this company with no reason at all offered, or provide a copy of my fair credit report or driving record/background check. Big mistake on their part. :)
Very fun place to work.
Filling Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INJuly 26, 2016
I liked the warehouse vibe. I also liked everyone that I worked with. Very rewarding to work for this company. My co-workers always worked as hard as I did.
Excellent place to work
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 20, 2016
As a market leader, we pride ourselves on delivering positive economic, social and environmental outcomes. But we can’t do it alone. We take action in teams inspired by meaningful work and made stronger by diverse perspectives. Our innovative global workforce - 45,000 strong and growing - thrives in an intellectually challenging environment that recognizes and rewards those who excel.
Pros
Good pay, good people
Cons
The hours are tough in the beginning.
hardest part of the job
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 18, 2016
There are many different types of issues that come across the phones when talking to customers and it all depends how well you know the company and the products. The most difficult part of a customer service agent would be credit issues. Customers calling in disputing invoices because of their contract pricing (which customer service does not have access to) or wanting to full description of their invoices and why it's so different from last months.
Busy and challenging while learning new things and having fun
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 13, 2016
Every day is a new opportunity to learn, grow, and build relationships. Customers need solutions and that's what we provide.
work was 1 part flow on assembly line
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Beloit, ILJuly 12, 2016
My day started everyday at 6 am. My work team started off with stretches.Once the long 10 hour day went on my feet and back began hurting. my team lead was fun going alone with the management team. the only thing I enjoy was the weekly paid and the three day weekend.
Pros
paid breaks, three day weekends
Cons
short breaks
Good Company
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 11, 2016
I have about 100 accounts that I manage from month to month. I directly handle time management, service, callbacks, sales, among many other tasks. This is a very detailed orientated job. You must think outside of the box to handle the issues. You must be people oriented. You directly deal with all the managers of the accounts. You must be able to thinking quickly and solve problems quickly. Sales is a big part of the job. The company have a basic plan, and sometimes their issue are outside of their contracts; these are extra sales. I work alone and manage my own schedule.
Good company to work for.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 4, 2016
Agile and very fast paced environment. Friendly co-workers and a great team to work with. Learned new tools and one week of sprint. Lacks management of projects.
Challenging industry to work in
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 30, 2016
All calls are dispatched through an I-pad issued to employees, employees start their day from their home and travel to locations through out the specified area of coverage and in many cases beyond. I didn't learn anything new, company is still making the same mistakes as when I left the first time but it is a great company and I honestly mean that. Very large corporate structure not truly focused on good customer service as much as they portray. Management is ok. The hardest part of the job was juggling time frames and trying to cover your work as well as help younger inexperienced technicians when in trouble as everything was based upon time management and billing. The most enjoyable part of the day was quitting time.
Pros
benefits are descent
Cons
over managed operations