Ecolab

Ecolab United States Employee Reviews

Bad communication
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), McDonough, GAApril 22, 2015
Very bad communication issues with Management and hourly workers. Corporate allows Ecolab supervisors and HR's to destroy its hourly workers with write-ups and intimidation tactics to belittle the worker and make them the worker feel useless and make the worker at Ecolab walk a tight rope
Assembly
Assembler (Former Employee), Roscoe, ILApril 17, 2015
Pros: Not real hard work
Cons: Worked in teams that sometimes didn't pull their weight
The company sold industrial cleaning products and we put together the soap dispensers that the cleaning products would go into. They are the ones in stores or even out on farms. We would make sure the equipment would work and packed them up to be shift to different locations.
Constant work , low pay, always increasing sales budgets impossible to meet.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 12, 2015
Pros: Vehicle to drive
Cons: Always working. no family life.
would not work for them again.Always working. no family life.Constant work , low pay, always increasing sales budgets impossible to meet. Always changing account base.
challenging workplace
Route Sales Manager (Current Employee), panhandle and the shenanadoah valleyApril 9, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: healthcare
Fast paced and self motavating company. The hours vary from day to day.Driving alot from account to account. I have about 80 accounts i go to a month.
I enjoyed working at Champion Technologies before it was purchased and after the merger the work environment changed significantly.
Plant Controller (Former Employee), Fresno, TXApril 4, 2015
Pros: Working with local site leadership team to develop policies and guidelines to run the plant.
Cons: Changed after the merger to be in the Finance organization, work environment was less friendly, and got less support and interaction with management.
Acquired in April 2013 so culture change was major event and working environment was very good at the plant local level.

Member of the site leadership team and worked closely with all departmental Superintendents and the Plant Manager.

Job duties changed a lot with the merger/acquisition and the work environment was different due to a public company verses a privately owned company.
High pay, high stress, no life, no support
Service specialist (Current Employee), Florida regionApril 2, 2015
Pros: Pay, company vehicle, company paid phone.
Cons: No work/family balance can be achieved, poor management, difficulty getting required supplies
The pay and benefits are a good quality of this company. They have recently made some changes for the better in regards to vacation time. The chief complaint I have in my time with this company is the lack of balance between you work and home life. Even when I'm off I constantly receive calls and emails from my ADM that I am expected to respond to immediately. The constantly changing routes and unclear expectations are another downside. My route regularly had me driving two hours to get to my first stop. If I recieved a callback that had to be addressed immediately that was on the other side of my route (which happened a lot) then my whole schedule for the day was shot. When that happens I was chastised for having poor schedule adherence. Yet if I didn't respond in the proper time frame then I was chastised and my job threatened. Corporate is very out of touch with the field employees as is evident by their nearly unacheivable goals they set for us. If you get behind you lose you weekend off. My ADM who is over me is very unreliable and tends to not tell the truth. He also will talk poorly of employees to other employees or chastise them in front of another employee. I had the fortune of sitting in a vehicle with him while he had another employee a on speaker phone. He proceeded to go off on him with me sitting there. Then once the call was over he began trashing the employee to me. This is a great job if you don't have family and don't have a social life. The office workers at corporate are quite happy with their jobs. It's those of us in the field that suffer as you can see from previous review.
Stressful, Typical Corporation No concern for employees
Associate Technician/Equipment Care/GCS Service (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Long hours, No life beyond Ecolab
The pay and benefits are good, but you'll pay for them. Practically no time off. If you're a workaholic this may be the place for you. Customers have unreasonable expectations, that are put in place by the bigwigs at Ecolab sitting behind there desk. You are expected to make a $30000.00 a month budget, yet you have to drive two hours a day to get to first call. Driving sometime over 300 miles per day. You will not get paid for the first hour of drive time or the last hour of your drive home. On call a week at a time every other week. Parts inventory on the truck is a joke or almost non existent, requiring multiple calls to the same location. Formal training is pretty much non existent. I've ran service calls all my life, this was the most stressful ever. Almost had a nervous breakdown. So I just quit. That's how desperate I was to get away
24/7
service specialist (Former Employee), TexasMarch 24, 2015
Pros: company vehicle, co-workers
Cons: work/life balance, hours worked, on call 24/7, basically no weekends off
Expect to be on-call 24/7... Endless emails, texts, and phone calls. No work/life balance. All I was preached was you can make a lot of money, money this, money that.... Maybe true if you are willing to sacrifice your life. I feel sorry for the over-worked, underpaid employees because they were the one thing that were great. DM and ADM were cool too but not what I heard about many other districts. Beware!!
Supportive managers who help you advance your career
Chemistry Lab Technician (Current Employee), Eagan, MNMarch 19, 2015
Worked as a lab tech for R&D Chemists, did wet chemistry and performance testing. Presented work to supervisors. Enjoyable work place and coworkers, enjoyed the work I was doing. Too much down time without work to do.
pressure when you lose accounts
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNMarch 17, 2015
Pros: company car
Cons: lose an account and it hits your commision
i made a lot of good contacts when i was in the territory assigned. good business decisions made me a stronger person i am today
fail
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), McDonough, GAMarch 12, 2015
They don't care about employees. The management sucks! pay is good but they don't want you to have a life! Maintenance dept is in trouble.
Hostile and get rid of good people with tenure environment!
Street Sales Development Manager (Former Employee), Bellvue, WAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: good compensation and benefits.
Cons: most all parts of the job as a route, territory, and district manager
Hostile and get rid of good people environment! Emphasis on profit only. Employees have become tools instead of the supportive, positive work situation that it used to be 10 or so years ago. To big for it's britches now.
Working at Ecolab has taught me alot, I've gain alot of experience, and enjoyed the environment there.
Computer Technician (Current Employee), Eagan MNMarch 3, 2015
Pros: learning something new everyday
Work gets me going every morning until the time I leave.
It has taught me alot about communication, management, and hands on experiments. My co-workers are great, they are like family, they make the environment more brighter. The most hardest thing would be driving to work, due to living almost an hour away. Other then that Ecolab has been really great to me.
excellent company
Foodservice chemical sales and customer service (Current Employee), AlabamaMarch 1, 2015
If you are a salesman, you must realize you will be required to work as a maintenance man wit ecolab as well as sell. You will be dirty by te end of te day. You will be required to be on call to fix commercial dishwashers and soap dispensers.
Work here is very awesome.... I love working for ecolab. They have a great team of leaders.
filler (Current Employee), Huntington, INMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great leadership, insurance starts day one
as long as you are honest, work hard, and follow what the jobs pack records tell you.. you'll do just fine. Great place to be working for...
The mosf intense and fullfilling professional experience
Corporate Sales Director Latin America (Former Employee), Sunrise FloridaFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: i travel 100% of my time across us and latin america markets
Cons: you must know how to balance company time and family time
They provide the training and it is up to each individual on the organization to outperform every day as well as maintain the culture of growth for the company, the management teams, the colleague, and finally the stock holders.

Thru the years I gain a vast knowledge and develop my talents which in turn brought growth to the company and peers, there was a good opportunity to learn as well as gain small, medium, and large corporation knowledge of business opportunities for the customers and company increase their global market share.

The most beautiful part of my duties where to meet the cosmopolitan customers and companies which gave me a broaden understanding of their business as well as the growth opportunities we could provide to them as key supplier.
The exciting part of working with Ecolab was that I didn't have an office to report to and was able to work from home.
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: freedom of not having to go into an office everyday, which allowed me to become efficent in time management.
Cons: being on the road, at times, got a little tiring.
My typical day as a Territory Sales Representative for Ecolab consisted of visiting my customers to sell them laundry chemicals and service their dispensing equipment. I had a territory consisting on Georgia/Alabama/South Carolina so I was on the road a lot.
terrible managment and they will not give you a day off
RECEIVING ASSOCIATE-FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Winston-salemFebruary 15, 2015
There aren't many chances for advancement but the work life/ personal life is pretty well balanced. The people I've worked with were very friendly and helpful.
fast paced ware house
Material Handler/Assembler (Former Employee), South Beloit, ILFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good hours employee apprciation week
Cons: benefits, management and unorganized
a regular day consist of picking parts and counting and organizing them. after i would assemble units for customers. co-workers talk alot and are in everyone business, the hardest part is recognizing smaller parts{look the same but aren't]
Work Enviroment
SR. IT OPERATIONAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: lots of events and groups for different people
Cons: management treats everyone differently
Everyday presents a new challenge. On the job learning and great atmosphere. management has hands off approach unless you are not meeting expectations. Fairly compensated.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ecolab

A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy – Read more

Ecolab Salaries