Ecolab

Ecolab Employee Reviews

Pays great but managment on all levels lack
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVJune 28, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: Managment
They pay well but the training and communication suck. They need to listen more to what their employees tell them they would get more production from them.
Excellent Culture
Director of Global Marine Operations (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 22, 2015
Pros: Long-term working relationships
Cons: Minimal pay increases
Very high expectations at every level. Some leadership positions are still learning proper protocol with regards to BIG business HR standards.
Great company with good reputation
Manager, Business Systems and Process (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 18, 2015
Pros: Process oriented organization, good pay and benefits
Cons: Very lean, Work/life balance lacks
Busy (which is a good thing) - a lot of projects going all at one time. Always learning something new. The people are great. Very team oriented environment.
Very good wages
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVJune 18, 2015
Pros: High wages
Cons: High stress. Horrible health care package.
High stress environment transitioning to TPM lean processes. High turnover and lots of overtime. Communication issues are a constant problem. Good people trying to solve the same old problems.
Horrible Management
Sr. Service Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 17, 2015
Great Company but the management in my District was horrible . I never got paid for a lot of work I done because my District Manager would never turn in my commissions. On call rotation was 1 ever 4 weeks and the coverage area was rediculas . Alot of favortism and only certain people in the District got to take vacations . Upper management let it go on and the same managers still work for Ecolab after several complaints. Don't expect to get any kind of praise for your work . Customer demands are through the roof and you won't get any thanks from them. The company doesn't reward you really and every year it gets more demanding . Big Corporate company = Money Money .
Typical day at Ecolab
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), indianapolis, inJune 17, 2015
I come in everyday pull my list of work orders and bill 84 customers in a 8-hr period. I have learned many new things working at Ecolab, mainly how to send out an accurate invoice to the customer.I love the team i work for and also my managers.The hardest part of my job is trying to keep your production rate up while making sure invoices are accurate and error free. I enjoy being able to be a part of such a great team.
ecolab
Marketing (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 16, 2015
well known in the community. people are nice. could use stronger leadership to boost morale and provide some energy to the teams.
Stable company
Account Manager-Chemical Sales Institutional (Current Employee), Wausau, WIJune 15, 2015
It's a nice company to work for. The company car and benefits are a good perk. My District Manager was great. Looking for better opportunity.
Professional setting with dedicated workers
International Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, MSJune 15, 2015
Pros: Job events, picnics
Cons: non
Ecolab is a place where you expect to advance. There are a lot of opportunities and the morale is very high. The co-workers there are serious about their jobs and are friendly.
Excellent
Service Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 15, 2015
Ecolab is a great company to work for. The culture is great and I would work for them again any day. Ecolab really knows how to treat their customers and employees well.
Job Security. Fast paced and growing.
Filling Operator (Current Employee), Huntington, INJune 12, 2015
A day at Ecolab is fast paced, detailed oriented, quality ensured, and physical. The company is growing both locally and globally and ensures a job for as long as one is willing to put in the effort.
Not a productive place of business and had double standards for employees.
Warranty and Online Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Fishers, INJune 12, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
Cons: Does not promote employees that are hard working and qualified, but rather employees they like, and socialize with.
A typical day at work for me was to arrive early to get everything ready to start my day. I would pull my accounts to see if new payments had been applied and what my AR balance was on each account. The management was not supportive nor dependable. They were slow to respond to any problems or to resolve any issues that hindered you from doing your job. Most of my co-workers wanted to do their jobs but there were several that could care less how they did their job even if it affected someone else and prevented them from getting their done. There was a lack of dedication and work ethic. The hardest part of my job was getting my supervisor to give me the support I needed to get my job done and to make decisions that was essential for me to be successful. The most enjoyable part of my job was being successful in collecting accounts that were in jeopardy without the support I needed but through perseverance and determination.
what's the pay???
None (Former Employee), Roscoe, ILJune 4, 2015
I worked at the one in Joliet n they pay 18 or 21 an hour but I was a temp but they weren't hiring n this one said they were but it's thru a temp payin like 9an hour for assembly line
Please Review ALL the Previous Reviews for this Company
RSM (Former Employee), Emerald Coast AreaJune 2, 2015
I agree with many of the others.
Work / Life Balance can be a struggle.
Management issues~
Our District has gone through over 7 District Managers in 7 years
and each one of course has different expectations of what is most important.
This can and has caused the team frustration which takes away from success.

Decent Benefits

I learned that it is a never ending task to keep a mixture of 85-90 Hotel and Restaurant GM's constantly happy. So be ready.

It all depends on how you look at it and what area you work in.
I worked two different areas in my time there and one up north and one in a very competitive market and they where VERY different.
A fast moving pace made for never a dull moment and many growth opportunities
Director of Marketing (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 2, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with. A clear vision and plan for the future that everyone worked on every day
Cons: Very busy and consuming jobs that required a lot of hours to fulfill
I changed jobs every 2 years or so and really enjoyed the varied experiences. I generally really appreciated my bosses and the projects I worked on.

In the end, I left for a new neat opportunity with Sealed Air.
Ecolab
Associate Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, MSMay 28, 2015
This a wonderful place to work. Unfortunately, they are relocating their manufacturing departments and supporting positions to Jacksonville, FL
Institutional Division= no work/life balance
Territory Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, gas card, company provides vehicle, some service technicians willing to help
Cons: managent only cares about your budget numbers, on call 24/7 including weekends, phone never stops ringing, demanding customers, probably a few more I can't remember at the moment.
Expect to be on call 24/7, including weekends. However, depending on your district you should be able to only be on weekend coverage every 5 weeks or so. You will not be getting paid any overtime for being on call, even on the weekend. The job is 80% service and 20% sales. You will get a monthly budget, which will increase from year to year. You will also be responsible for call coverage, probably about 60 or so accounts a month that you will have to have signed in order to get credit for going there. If you do not get at least 95% call coverage monthly they will speak with you about it. According to management there are no excuses for not getting proper call coverage. If you go on vacation you are still responsible to hit your numbers. You will most likely get at least 1 emergency service call a day which will bring you out of where you were hitting your daily call coverage and then have to make up the ones you missed the next day. It's a never ending cycle. You have to know the ins and outs of a commercial dish machine. Customers will expect the world from you and will not be very appreciative of what you do for them. Remember it's all about the numbers.
Ideal workplace for independant self-starter
Street Sales Development Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaMay 20, 2015
Pros: Rewarded with advancement after a short success period
Cons: Weekend Call Coverage for my entire district
If you are a hard working self-starter, Ecolab is your ideal career choice. If you are mechanical and a people person, you will be successful in your role with Ecolab.
great place to work, full of advancement!
Mail Clerk (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 13, 2015
I have been working at Ecolab for three years. I love the environment and people I work with. there is a lot of room to move up and expand within the company.
Assistant Supervisor - Customer service (Current Employee), Eagan, MNMay 12, 2015
Ecolab has sustained through difficult economic times in America and across the world. I have learned a lot and enjoy working here.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ecolab

A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy – Read more

Ecolab Salaries