Ecology Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
productive and insightful working environment
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJanuary 26, 2017
Having worked here for the past 4 summers, I've grown to know the many functions of the Evanston Ecology Center and it's hand in the influence of a better and healthier community. Whether it's planting new plants on the trail, or the educational based activities that are available for children within the community, even canoeing in groups!
Pros
insightful, positive environment
Cons
dim lighting
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILDecember 7, 2016
I learned a lot from working at the Ecology center. About nature and the environment. even though working there was seasonal and it was a long time ago I would work there again.
productove
Puller/Packer (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CANovember 2, 2016
This company was the greatest one i have ever worked with my co workers are the best i learned a lot on this job they showed me how to use the forklift and this is where i learned how to pull car parts the managers are the best
Meaningful internship with Non-profit
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 7, 2016
Hard working and organized supervisors always had a new task at hand for me, from growing its social media and online presence, collecting field data on consumer products, and organizing and running fundraisers, educational workshops, and other events across the city and state
Pros
Working for a cause
Relaxed and friendly environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ann ArborJune 17, 2014
The Ecology Center is a non profit organization who is decticated to the work they persue. The passion and drive in the office motivates all colleagues to strive for their best and work as a team.
Fun Workplace
Booth Manager/Owner of Small Business (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMay 3, 2013
Staying on my feet for 6-7 hours at a stretch at the job was a typical day. I learned that work can be fun with the right attitude. In managing my Booth and business I found attending to customers and seeing their satisfaction brought its own rewards. Repeat customers and familiar faces makes work more interesting. We can build good relationships and gain their business and loyalty. Working as a team and being supportive gets work done much smoother. The hardest part of the job were the slow hours. I always enjoyed keeping busy, ringing up sales and letting the cash flow in.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Nothing really