Ecology and Environment, Inc.

Ecology and Environment, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun corporate culture
Staff/Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 7, 2016
Fun corporate culture in wellness day events, lunches, etc. My position was given the opportunity to span all areas of accounting thereby developing my skills and overall understanding of how each piece of accounting affects a different avenue.
Financial Reporting focused, not challenging
Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYOctober 20, 2014
Journal entry and Financial statement production is the main focus. Very few problems. Month end close is the one time of the moth what will present the challenge and may require overtime.
Pros
Month end will present the unique situations, and create items that will cause challenges.
Cons
During the month it may be a little routine.
Friendly company
Economist (Former Employee) –  LancasterJuly 2, 2014
The company is a nice place to work with a good work/life balance, good job security, a friendly atmosphere and great colleagues.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Tough economic times
Good Management, Benefits and Fun Place to Work
Report Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYJune 30, 2014
Great working atmosphere, little room for personnal growth, good benefits.
Innovation in Morocco
Intern (Former Employee) –  CasablancaOctober 2, 2013
My experience with E&E (Ecology and Environment) was a fresh take on what I knew as the work environment of Morocco. The company and the services it offers are brand new ideas for Morocco, which is a country that is striving to continue its development in a sustainable manner.

My ability to fluently speak English, French, and Moroccan Arabic allowed me to sit-in on important meetings with Moroccan clients. It also allowed me to do research around the community of Casablanca that no one else at E&E could have done. For example, the office manager and I went to talk to the men that pick up trash in the neighborhood, trying to figure out where the trash went, if there was any composting going on in the city, who paid for these services, etc...
Pros
Relaxed work environment, only 7 of us in the office on a regular basis
Cons
Difficulty of dealing with two very different cultures in terms of work environment and work ethic.
Mixed Bag
Environmental Planner (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 21, 2012
Work is diverse and interesting, but corporate culture overwhelms and stifles creativity. Management is constantly shuffling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecology and Environment, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5