ECOM Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Start up company with poor management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 13, 2017
I realized I had made a mistake within my first week. ECOM was marketing-heavy but didn't have the resources and support to implement its sales. I was only there for four months and shortly after I left it went out of business.
Privately held huge family company where you might get lucky and get a great manager or.....
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 22, 2015
The manager who brought me on was fantastic, unfortunately, I didn't work for him.

The manager I did work for was incompetent, and that is being generous. That is the best I can say about this "manager".

There existed a genuine workplace bully complete with a toady. The first I've ever experienced. A very sad situation that HR did not even want to address.

I watched a video about the company, that was made by the company, for the employees and I quote "We are a Catholic company with a protestant work ethic." I didn't know who should be more insulted.

The offices are nice, the people are mostly nice, one major bully in the office I unfortunately had to work with. Worked with some great people, unfortunately none of them were my manager.

If you like coffee you will love this place!

I heard that the pay was low and noticed the turnover was moderate. I made good pay but it was hinted that my pay was unusual.

In the IT department, unless you were a contractor, nothing much appeared to be accomplished, except for IT operations, which were good.
Pros
Coffee, nice environment, quite, just follow the crowd and everything will probably be OK.
Cons
Identify the office bully and avoid at all cost.
Ecom is a great consulting company!
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 3, 2014
Ecom is a great resource if you want someone to work really hard to find you a great job!
Pros
Dedicated, persistent, follow up
Cons
Highly Stressful work environment
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILMay 30, 2014
A day in a 911 telecommunication world has no typical day, you never know what the day might bring. Anything from a car chase, to a fire, to a person suffering from a heart attack, all these things can happen in a day, sometimes they can happen in a 15 minute time span. I learned how to listen to two conversation at once, I would have to focus on the caller and communicate with my dispatch partner all at the same time. Management was well amicable but aloof. Was never sure of my standing or job security while working there. My co-worker were hit or miss, some where extremely friendly while others were very cantankerous. The toughest part of the job was actually learning the job, the constant flux in trainers made it truly difficult to acclimate to the job. The absolute best thing is being there for someone in their greatest time of need.
Decent agency with a good amount of companies they market.
contractor for Centurylink (Former Employee) –  New Century, KSFebruary 28, 2014
There's not much to say other than they are decent in finding jobs, and are very nice people. Pay could definitely be better, but that could also be due to their market.
Ecom
Computer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2012
I worked for them for only 9 months, but found they are an excellent company to work for. They honestly do care about their employees and allow them to gain permanent employement with the contacted companies.
Pros
easy going and very helpful.