Under general supervision, provides technical support to local and regional sales offices in all technical aspects of Econolite Products and products supported by Econolite. Responsible for repairing, replacing and maintaining all technical aspects of our products.
- Proficient or able to become proficient within six months in traffic installation cabinet level, cabinet trouble shooting, reading of technical manuals/documents.
- Required to be able to review plans and specifications; and do take off of traffic signal equipment that is required to fulfill the needs of projects.
- Interface with traffic technicians and signal supervisors.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Complete knowledge of product hardware and software applications set-up is required. Systems installation and setup with agencies.
- Continual training on all equipment is mandatory.
- Serves as a proactive customer service and quality ambassador of The Econolite Group, Inc. by representing the organization in a positive, professional manner to support the Brand Promise
Some business travel within the United States should be expected. Travel is usually scheduled to leave on Mondays and return by Fridays. Mandatory for company sponsored and assigned events such as annual sales meetings etc.
- Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities to perform the duties listed, with a minimum of a high school diploma and a two year degree in electronics or more.
- Computer literate in the following software: Excel, MS Word, Windows 5.0 or greater, C4
- Must know sound practices for networking on large and small scale systems.
- Knowledge of video detection systems, (Econolite preferred).
- Familiarity with traffic engineering concepts, and traffic terms.
- Ability to manage responsibilities independently, a self-starter and work in a team environment
- Ability to adapt and willingness to learn new technology or techniques
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Strong public speaking and oral presentation skills.
- IMSA certification level II within six months of hire.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret electronic schematics, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Prior experience in providing technical support.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable DMV record, experienced driver preferred
- Ability to exert moderate physical effort, typically involving, some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (up to 50 pounds.) The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must be specific and complete in describing their qualifications for this position. Failure to state all pertinent information may lead to elimination from consideration. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a reference/ background check (to include a conviction record), and pass a post offer pre-employment medical examination, which will include a drug/alcohol screening. Econolite uses E-Verify and new employees must provide documentation to establish both work authorization and identity.
An Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer
To Apply Please VIsit: http://www.econolitegroup.com/Careers.aspx
Indeed - 17 months ago