Economic Opportunity Commission

Economic Opportunity Commission Employee Reviews

Productive and fast learner who enjoys working with kids and people
Instructional Aide (Former Employee), Oceano, CADecember 27, 2013
Pros: comfortable lunch time, enjoyable co-worker
Cons: short periods of work and not healthcare benefits.
My responsibility was to assist parents, students, and teacher each morning in areas like attendance log, late arrival, lunch count, absence calls from parents, and helping special needs students. I have learned each day different ways to manage with all kind of situations related to students and parents. Answering a large amount of calls in the morning and afternoons from parents is the most hardest part of the day but I am able to handle the situation.
Working with kids is the enjoyable part of the day and a great satisfaction.
tracked meeting shedules and preparation for these. Phone tasks
Assistant to the Executive Director of EOC (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAAugust 5, 2013
Pros: became familiar with the goals of a non profit
Cons: i felt quite under employed.
My main duties as temporary help was to assist Director with calendar shedules, traveling preparations, and keeping some sense of order during the absense of the employee that was on temporary leave. Most of the employees were terrific to work with and helped when I did not know how to find information requested by executive director. I did very much miss the capability to 'run' with a project since I was temp help.
Community outreach
Case Manager (Current Employee), Hempstead, NYApril 3, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: no room for growth
•Promote self determination and community inclusion, and make client’s satisfaction a priority