Ecova Employee Reviews

very productive willing to help others learn the company
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Management was always willing to teach and the vets were always willing to help when needed.
I just wish that we had more work and was able to close the deal on more companies out there.
Pros
Easy to learn and training was awesome
Cons
not enough work to go around
Relaxed, friendly atmosphere..
Incentive Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 2, 2015
A great company to work for and excel within various departments. Company is located downtown Portland. Friendly teammates and coworkers.
Pros
work from home some times
Cons
expensive if you drive.
Great
Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAOctober 23, 2015
He was the best patient a worker could ever have. I loved his witty personality. He made going to work for him a pure joy. I would take him to school every morning, cook his meals and provide him supervision.
Original company was LPB Energy then sold to Ecova who was bough out by GDF Suez (now Engie)
Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2015
The company was originally LP Energy Management and started growing very fast. I enjoyed working there at first, but the company grew very fast and needed better management.
Pros
Good PTO
Cons
Many people laid off including myself - uncertainty
below average performing energy efficiency services company
Senior Energy Efficiency Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 11, 2015
The company has not performed well enough to pay out performance bonuses in 3 years, and its very likely that that will continue to trend that way.
Pros
Volunteer day, free coffee and tea
Cons
Too many layers of inexperienced management and staff that add zero or negative value
Alot of openings and room for moving around.
Market Analytical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Downtown SpokaneSeptember 8, 2015
There is room for moving around, IF you get in with the right crowd, and clicks. If not, just keep your head down and get your work done.
Good Salary
Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 6, 2015
Spent most days, eight hours a day, inputing data for a good pay. Not much else to it. Easy and reliable. There's not much else to it.
A pretty good place to work, but pay is substandard.
Billing Associate/Utility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 20, 2015
Has been a nice place to work, close knit team of great people working toward the desired goals of the company.

Company allows some personal input for employee applying skills to develop a better way to complete work objectives.
Pros
Company provides open door policy, provides periodic fun activities like cookies break or pizza lunches, etc...
Cons
Pay is below industry standard
Very Busy
Marketing Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 19, 2015
Busy type work, management not understandable. Managers make rules but don't follow their rules that has been created for associates. I believe in lead by example. The best thing I do like is the company is big on during community service.
Pros
PTO
Cons
30 min lunch
High stress and they are metric driven
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 27, 2015
So metric focus hard to do a through job for the clients when you are constantly pushed for higher numbers. They would rather have quantity than quality work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
NA
Senior Manager, E&S Operations (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 19, 2015
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Great mission and leadership but highly unstable
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 13, 2015
The company has gone through many changes due to acquiring, being acquired, and continual restructuring. Its a tough industry that requires agility, but sometimes the restructuring is due to short term thinking.
Company has been profitable and growing year upon year but there have been no bonuses for four years.
fun workplace
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  spokane WAFebruary 7, 2015
got a lot of experience there was a lot of drama that I was not very fond of . no matter how much effort you put in and even when it wasn't your fault they looked at you in a bad way
Green company rapidly deteriorating
Market Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2015
I have been at Ecova for a few years at this point. When I first joined the company, there were a lot of exciting opportunities for growth and learning. My peers have always been fantastic; however, management is quickly getting worse. The culture of the office was laid back and fun and people seemed to be intrinsically motivated to work in order to stay in such an awesome environment. Within the past year, things have completely changed. The culture of the office has taken a nose dive and management doesn't seem to know how to handle the issue. The team has stopped working to their full potential as it seems that no matter what they do, it is never appreciated and it is never enough. The hardest part of working there is dealing with lower level management. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is fast paced and for the most part, there is a friendly atmosphere. This is an energy management company that practices sustainability to the best of their ability.
Pros
free coffee, laid back atmosphere, opportunities, environmentally friendly
Cons
management
I haven't worked here long enough to review
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 12, 2015
In the little amount of time I have worked here, it seems like a good place to work. I'm not sure about room for advancement.
Cutting Edge Source in Energy Management
Administrative Assistant/Mail Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WANovember 18, 2014
A typical day at work was anything but typical. I learned so much about energy management and resource development in the 12 years that I was there. My co-workers were versatile, intelligent and many became fast friends. All capable and acclimated to do the job at hand. The hardest part of my job was having to leave it at the end of 12 years due to layoffs. The most enjoyable part of my day started the moment I walked in the door.
Pros
diversity, excellent work atmosphere, great pay and benefits
Cons
having to leave after being laid off.
Ecova-Atlanta Office
Building System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaOctober 16, 2014
I was an employee at this company from June 2006 to December 2013 at the Atlanta Georgia office when the company was called Prenova. During the beginning of my time with the company things were great. The company was growing and the managers actually showed gratitude for the hard work their employees put out. The moral of the company was better as a result of this. I personally enjoyed coming to work and even put in extra hours to help out when needed. Later, those same managers either left the company or was let go and as a result things went from bad to worse.The company brought in managers who had no knowledge on how to run the energy management team. Also, these managers were not professional, poor communicators, and always had an attitude. There is no formal training for the work that needs to be done. A lot of favoritism was displayed out in the open. Friends of certain managers was hired for positions that they were not qualified for and then was promoted to team leads. In November of 2013, I was fortunate enough to find another job with a company that respected my skills, qualification, and experience. I turned in my two week resignation and did not receive a goodbye, good luck, or anything from the management team after all the years that I served as an employee with the company.
Pros
salary was decent and the benefits were good
Cons
poor leadership, terrible culture towards minorities, and no real hr representation.
Great place to work with very knowledgeable people
Energy Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 15, 2014
Very laid back culture with a great corporate culture. My most enjoyable part of my job is helping clients save money on their natural gas spend and working in the natural gas market.
Fun relaxing work enviroment
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 6, 2014
I love there is a balance in work and family.

It is encouraged to take walks and take that personal time in between work.

It is a team atmosphere and it shows. My team members get involved when there are voluntary days and I believe it's because they enjoy what they do.
Pros
life balance, team players and i get to learn new things
Cons
i wish they were more open to hiring temps
Relaxed Environment and never ending workflow
Billing Specialist/REO (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 28, 2014
Ninety percent of my day at work was spent on the phone with Vendors and/or Brokers. There was never a dull moment because we were given new job descriptions almost weekly. Anything from how to contact a broker to adding a new commodity when setting up new utility services. Management was constantly changing. In four and a half years, I worked under four different Supervisors. Co-workers were great because we were split up in teams. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to constant changes in doing the job. One day was one way and the next day was something different. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relaxed environment. The dress code was casual and there wasn't a lot of micro management. As long as you performed your job up to standard, you were left alone.
Pros
accumulation of pto and holiday
Cons
constant changes including break times, lunches, and workflow