Ecova

Ecova Employer Reviews

great company!
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 28, 2014
This is an amazing company to work for. Management is real and doesn't micro manage and everyone respects each other. Great company.
Productive, Fast Paced an a fun place to work
Utility Invoice Analyst (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: got to write my own macros to make the reports all look and feel the same
Cons: short breaks and only a half hour for lunch
I learned how to read and understand utility bills.Worked with Share Point. MS Office and got to work on writing macros
Terrible company - worse leadership
Manager (Current Employee), SpokaneJuly 16, 2014
Pros: salary is decent
Cons: everything else
Favoritism, nepotism, rampant cliques, culture of distrust - just a few of the issues with this company. I have never, ever, wanted to leave a company more than this one. The absolute worst, most unprofessional management I have ever experienced. I have seen people be spied on by other employees at the request of their boss, publicly shamed in front – more... of their peers, and downright dishonesty when dealing with their clients. The company was just sold to GDF-Suez - I'm not sure they know what they are getting - but a complete housecleaning is necessary to root out the incompetence and dead weight in this company. The sad part is that there really are employees dedicated to what they do yet are fighting a losing battle due to the incompetent leadership. – less
N/A
CLIENT SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 5, 2014
Great company to work for however there is a lot of instability in the upper management team. A lot of "pass the blame" going on and no real direction.
Worst Management I've Experienced in 35 years!
Data Information Specialist (Former Employee), Spokane, WAMarch 9, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: see above
I had 5 supervisors in 3 years. (same position)
Always moving your desks around.
Always changing their game plan instead of sticking with a procedure.
Worst case of favoritism I have ever experienced!
Most inexperienced supervisors I've ever come experienced.
Replacing all their over 50 very experience management team with many 20 year olds with no – more... experience.
DRAMA!!!
If you brown nose your supervisor and get out of your desk a lot, apparently you are golden.
Be careful what you post on fb, your managers will use it to judge you.
Worst poorly managed company I have ever worked for.
Oh, ..08 cent an hour raise in 3 years with no bonuses.
Many EOCC complaints have been filed against this company.
High School mentality. – less
A "Green" business that actually walks the talk
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 16, 2014
Ecova has been a great place to work for the last 6 years, but the limited opportunities for advancement are restricted by ageism, sexism, and nepotism.
good place to work, growing fast.
Client service representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: free coffee.
I learened many new things whiile working for Ecova, I learned about the energy saving efforts companies make, also about the processes and regulations to establish new utility serrvices in different states oof the Nation.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Spokane, WADecember 12, 2013
I loved working for Ecova. They have a great vision toward sustainability and are expanding all the time to assist everyday and Fortune 1000 companies in that vision.
The culture is wonderful and promotes a positive home-work balance.
Good company, terrible lower level management
Analyst (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: fun office activities
Cons: non-executive management
Ecova as a company is fine--upper management is interested in making the company succeed, believes in its people and wants everyone to have a good work environment. Where the company falls down is its lower level management. People without the necessary skills or background are promoted, while the people underneath then have to suffer. The "leadership – more... skills" supposedly taught to management is a joke. In the 9 years that I've been with Ecova, only once have I had a chance to critique my manager. I think a lot more can be learned about a manager by talking to the people they actually manage, rather than only considering what the person that hired them thinks.

Ecova has added a behavior portion to their review process. Basically this boils down to an easy out for the company if you tick off the wrong person. Don't expect to be told what you did wrong, because that would breach confidentiality. And don't ever expect anything to be forgotten--if you haven't done anything wrong lately, what you did three or four years ago will still be held against you. Of course a part of the work environment is getting along with others, but at Ecova, at least in my office, not everyone is judged by the same standards, even within a team. Employees have no recourse because managers are always believed over the rank and file. – less
Busy
Data Information Specialist (Former Employee), Spokane, WAApril 14, 2013
This is a good company to start with if you are looking to enter into the working world. They have swing shifts which works out if you are a student.
Great company
Project Lead (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 7, 2013
Pros: room to advance
Great place to work. Great managers. Flex hours. Growing Company. Industry Leaders.
Great company and great leadership but still undergoing a lot of change due to numerous acquisitions.
Senior Payroll / AP/AR Administrator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: highly ethical and value oriented
Cons: too many acquisitions too fast.
Interesting place to work
Invoice Processor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 26, 2012
Pros: this company treats its employees like adults
Cons: not enough team building and communication
I really have learned alot about myself working here. I pushed myself into more responsibility and was given the opportunity to thrive in it.
Laid back fast pace environment.
Processor I (Current Employee), Richardson,TXOctober 25, 2012
Pros: casual dress
Cons: not many oppertunities for promotion.
My day starts off by logging on to the computer and printing out my workflow/aging report for the day. That will allow me to distribute work accordingly. Once work is distributed, important emails and phone calls are returned. Towards the middle of the day, work from the workflow/aging report is turned in for approval and then batches are approved and – more... exported for payment. The job is typically easy and it makes the day go by fast due to the volume of work that has to go out with a SLA. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great managers and co-workers. – less
Energetic, dynamic experience
Energy Consultant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 16, 2012
Pros: independent
Cons: frenetic pace
I worked for Ecova a short period of time, but enjoyed my experience. The managers were professional and fun, with intelligence and drive. It embodied an entrepreneurial spirit that I personally liked and could work well for independent types.
Ecova is a great place to work
Client Services Representative (Current Employee), St. Paul, MNApril 24, 2012
Ecova is a very good place to work. They have excellent benefits programs, laid back work enviorment, just get it done type of attitude. Very flexible when it comes to personal schedules, as an example, in the winter they allow me to change my hours so that I am able to continue my passion of coaching hockey.
New to the company but overall, great comapany
Building Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2012
Pros: very flexiable
Cons: no room for growth
Very new to the company but overall its a great company.. Not a lot of advancement opportunites in the Atlanta Office