Ecova Employee Reviews

Good people with a good business model
Regional Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 27, 2017
The company handles utility bills and resource management for large corporations to try to minimize their useage, save money, and have a positive environmental impact. They also help utility companies drive down consumer use to impact the environment.

The culture and mission attract people who want to make a difference.
Pros
The company mission
Cons
A lot of position are remote, meaning out of sight out of mind for advancement
Just Fine
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 27, 2017
The Portland office has a great Culture Committee. These individuals really try engage all employees.

Unfortunately, Ecova has a high attrition rate, which has caused the loss of a lot institutional knowledge.
Pros
Nice Office, Good People
Cons
Lack of Training
Company takes good care of employees
Analytics specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 11, 2017
This company will be going far. Some of the management can be unfair and does not hold everyone to the same HR guidelines but over all the company is amazing
Ecova
Direct Installer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 7, 2017
Installing energy efficient light bulbs, low flow showerheads. The reason I left this position is I was offered a promotion to another program within the company.
Pros
Enjoyed working with customers
Cons
Physically demanding
BSS II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2017
Management has impressed me. I have not worked with a company before, where the upper management goes out of the way to ensure you are okay and are taken care of.
The office I worked at is now closed.
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 8, 2017
I don't even know if this company is still in business or not. It wasn't too bad when I worked there, though. I was a temp, so I got paid more than the regular employees, which may be why I don't think it was too bad.
Some days enjoyable, other days not so much. Loud, little room for improvement too much to be expected of you.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 7, 2017
Not much to say about Ecova;

They need a lot of work and feed back to those who are new. My supervisor was horrible, he never told me how I was doing or what I needed to improve on. For newer fish, 250 - 300 bills were required a day. Like what? Give us some time to settle in and learn the ropes. Training was crammed within a week giving us new employees little time to soak in what we'd be working on and training for.
Employee Appreciation Company
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 18, 2017
There were many changes and processes that happened throughout my time with Ecova. Many different ways of doing things were monitored and micromanaged. They had many different ways to show their employees how much they appreciated their day to day work, creating a high production environment. Different training were often offered, providing ways for employees to advance through the ranks.
High stress, but good work
Full-time Market Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 13, 2017
My day started early and ended fairly late. It was easy to get overwhelmed if you didn't know how to prioritize and organize. There was always work to be done and it was engaging and challenging.
Do not come on through Contract
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 10, 2017
Ecova hires a lot of temps and will make a lot of promises they don't keep. Desire permanent position with benefits? Well definitely do not apply here on a contract. Ecova will keep you on for as long as possible under the guise of eventual advancement.
Pros
Slow Pace, Easy going
Cons
Perma-temp positions, lack of funding for certain projects, a lot of talk and no action
Ecova
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 12, 2017
Ecova, was a decent place to work the supervisors were understanding for the most part. I feel like once minimum wage went up our pay should have been above that since were were making more than that before the increase. it was a very laid back and nice enviorment
Pros
dress code
Cons
parking, and lunch breaks
Low Pay But Great Benefits
Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 6, 2017
Ecova has a terrible policy of not paying their employees, especially when it comes to internal promotions. Hourly employees were ineligible for company-wide bonuses.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, Lack of Management Support
Great Staff - Poor Management
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 12, 2017
The company has great potential and is a leader in energy, however, the lower management is not good in some departments. I was treated differently than others in my department.
Good Company
Associate Waste Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 9, 2017
Lots of advancement opportunities

Wonderful place to pick up on various tech related skills demanded in the market place

Management is supportive
good place to work
Market Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 29, 2017
Good place to work. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in back office work. I enjoy the culture and the type of work that they offer. Very happy with management.
Nothing Exciting and Very Repetitive
Market Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 18, 2017
Beware of those who pay more attention to your work detail vs their own. Depending what team you land on is the fate of your experience there. Their break-rooms are spacious
Pros
Spacious Breakroom
Cons
Nosey Co workers
Good Money for a Contractor
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 14, 2017
Pay was great but the contract didn't last very long. They ran out of money. The business took too long making up their minds whether to buy into Ecova 2.0. Consequently, work on engineering infrastructure was begun much too late such that there wasn't a budget to maintain the recently spun-up 11 teams of contractors. Most of them were sent back to India empty handed.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Nepotism is rampant -- too much intellectual in-breeding, This is reflected in the quality of decision-making (or lack thereof), Also there were insinuations of internal corruption in the parent company in France (Engee)
Community Involvement
Market Analytical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 26, 2016
Ecova is a company that does many things for the community. They give each employee a paid volunteer day. Employees can choose to volunteer their time at many charities and schools. They also collect gifts from employees to be given to low income families for Christmas in association with the DSHS.
The people who work there are great but most of the upper management are not very likeable. They lack leadership skills except for a few
Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 19, 2016
Overall I would not work at thus company. There is a lot of turnover of staff. They are disorganized, do not give raises very often and the way they calculate for a bonus is pretty much unreachable. They are now being managed by a french company which has made it far worse than before.
IT - not enjoyable
N/a (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 23, 2016
The work was extremely nebulous, leadership was nonexistent, middle management extremely unfriendly bordering on hostile. Meetings were full of very unprofessional gossip. I was horrified by the lack of professional courtesy they displayed to each other. The office itself in Spokane is drab. There was so much resistance to helping one another between departments. Mostly, the insistence of the word "ask" as a noun. But this phenomenon was emblematic of the whole place: their "ask" was a passive aggressive wrapping around a demand.
Pros
The developers were very nice and hardworking
Cons
all talkey no hockey, death by meeting. I got the sense people were killing time, avoiding the work.