Ecova Employee Reviews in United States

Forced overtime, poor salary
Market Analyst specialist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 22, 2016
The pay is much lower than market rate. They have been promising pay raises for years. Lots of forced overtime, including Saturday's. Poor work life balance. Very poor morale, many people are quitting. The company has gone downhill since it was sold by Avista.
Pros
Coworkers are nice
Cons
Low pay, poor work life balance
Great place to improve your skills
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 31, 2016
Great hours
Importance of Detail and Deadlines
Helpful and understanding management
Fun Co-workers
job security is an issue
Not micro managed
Pros
great benefits and PTO
Cons
Job security
this used to be the place to work in Spokane
Quality Analyst - Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 16, 2016
Not so much anymore. They say people don't leave the company they leave the leaders. In this case of Ecova this is more than true. Not to many long term employees left there and the ones that are are jumping ship in a hurry! There is way more turn over in employees then any company should have. The driving factor there is a poor management decisions and the way employees are treated. Little to no training or job guidelines but then you are held to some standard that was never communicated to you from the start and it changes with the wind based on the mood of your direct supervisor. There also is an Over Time is the fix! culture as well.
Pros
the workers are a fun bunch of people
Cons
leadership, no formal training, employees treated poorly and not valued.
Energy Management is always growing and changing and very competitive.
Procurement Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  remote employee, working from homeMarch 28, 2016
The company I worked for was sold 3 times with each new acquisition having its own data base and computer programs. The goal was to find the best process and have all employees trained in that system. My co-workers were very bright, hard working and fun people to have on my team. I have always been a remote employee but to be able to do this job with all of the changes taking place I would have had to be in an office either in Spokane or Minneapolis. As I was in the process of moving back to Texas, this was not an option for me and I was laid off when the Ohio office was closed.
Pros
working from home
Cons
computer issues, policy and procedure changes
Growing Energy company with great people and culture, but management is stretched thin from biting off more then it can chew
Application Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 5, 2016
Most days my time is divided between: developing support engineers, working with business partners or peer IT groups to create support transition plans or establish new service request processes to address business needs and creating plans to evolve our support practices.

Through the promotions and projects I've participated in over the years, I've not only learned a great deal about technologies, but leadership and how to grow a business as well.

The number one reason I stayed with the company as I long as I have is because of the awesome team I worked with. Everyone had great work ethic and a good sense of humor and humility.

The hardest part of the job is finding challenging and interesting work to stimulate me. The most enjoyable aspect of my position is interacting and leading the team to help them achieve success in their positions.
Pros
self education tools, Great co-workers and culture, Laid back dress code
Cons
Very few internal advancement opportunities for a rapidly growing company, High Health benefit costs, Unproductive management from being over committed
Drab, unfriendly place to work
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA 99201July 17, 2016
The job itself is monotonous, but having management breathing down your neck about every move you make is the real downside. From my experience, they were a cold, unfriendly and stand-offish bunch that usually would avoid talking to your face if possible, preferring instead to send criticizing emails from twenty feet away.
Pros
Regular hours
Cons
Monotonous, unfriendly, boring, low-pay, poor benefits, no chance of upward mobility
Good growing company with a lot of potential
Client Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 7, 2016
Client Service Analyst position - they don;t pay much but a good entrance position into Electric Billing field - a lot of employees branched off Duke Energy and have a lot of electric billing experience - good mentors.
Beautiful location downtown Cincinnati.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
compensation is pretty low in comparison to other similar companies
Ecova Inc
Account Manager/Client SVC REP/REO-HUD CSR (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 24, 2016
Excellent company to work for to gain experience in the industry or in project management skills, never a dull moment or boredom here. Fast paced environment that I excel very well in
Pros
Last professional and personal relationships
Cons
Lots of Lay off's in the last two years
Not a good company
Energy Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 15, 2016
If you apply for this job. Please run the opposite way. I would never work for this company. The management can't make a decision. There is no training. There is a lot of waste of time sitting around. The only benefit of this company is the vacation..
The perfect job
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 20, 2016
If you want the "corporate" experience you will not find a better company. The pay is fair, the benefits are great and they take care of their employees. They develop their employees and provide a structured environment and 40 hours a week and the occasional overtime.

Want to know more about Ecova?

Ask a question
Was great to begin with in 2008, but has gradually changed not for the better.
Market Analytics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 12, 2016
When I was initially hired at Cadence, it was a great company and management was open minded and not as rigid as older big corporation management. I loved my bosses and the work ethic of everyone was tremendous. Then they were bought out by Avista and we became Advantage IQ, they were more about making the employees happy and satisfied, the pay was less and the job titles were changed. The name changed again to Ecova, many exempt employees were changed to hourly, and pay increases stopped for some of us. I was at the same pay level for 8 years. I was hired for all the experience (32 years at Duke) that I brought with me. The company was sold again and we were purchased by GDF a French company. Then it became more corporate and things began to change drastically. Management continually promised we had a lot of work and would not lose our jobs. They eventually decided to close the Cincinnati office and laid the majority of Analysts off and let us go. They hired our replacements in Spokane Washington. I can't say they are a bad company, but they are still struggling and are having growing pains.
Training was spotty and not very good when I left. Hopefully they are doing better now.
Pros
We had some good days to keep morale up, free food and games
Cons
They lied to us about closing our office and said we were safe
very productive willing to help others learn the company
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Management was always willing to teach and the vets were always willing to help when needed.
I just wish that we had more work and was able to close the deal on more companies out there.
Pros
Easy to learn and training was awesome
Cons
not enough work to go around
Relaxed work environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  SpokaneJune 7, 2016
Relaxed work environment; I've been there a few years and job growth is limited. Working with people in remote offices can feel disconnected from larger teams when you only see you teammates once a year.
Home away from home atmosphere
Super, Lead Billing Spec, Billing Assoc (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2016
Working at Ecova was a very pleasant experience that taught that having a great work/life balance is very important for productivity.
Pros
Growth opportunity
Cons
Unpredictable business
Terrible company - worse leadership
Manager (Current Employee) –  SpokaneJuly 16, 2014
Favoritism, nepotism, rampant cliques, culture of distrust - just a few of the issues with this company. I have never, ever, wanted to leave a company more than this one. The absolute worst, most unprofessional management I have ever experienced. I have seen people be spied on by other employees at the request of their boss, publicly shamed in front of their peers, and downright dishonesty when dealing with their clients. The company was just sold to GDF-Suez - I'm not sure they know what they are getting - but a complete housecleaning is necessary to root out the incompetence and dead weight in this company. The sad part is that there really are employees dedicated to what they do yet are fighting a losing battle due to the incompetent leadership.
Pros
salary is decent
Cons
everything else
Worst Management I've Experienced in 35 years!
Data Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 9, 2014
I had 5 supervisors in 3 years. (same position)
Always moving your desks around.
Always changing their game plan instead of sticking with a procedure.
Worst case of favoritism I have ever experienced!
Most inexperienced supervisors I've ever come experienced.
Replacing all their over 50 very experience management team with many 20 year olds with no experience.
DRAMA!!!
If you brown nose your supervisor and get out of your desk a lot, apparently you are golden.
Be careful what you post on fb, your managers will use it to judge you.
Worst poorly managed company I have ever worked for.
Oh, ..08 cent an hour raise in 3 years with no bonuses.
Many EOCC complaints have been filed against this company.
High School mentality.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
see above
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2016
I had a great sales and operations team. We made the branch profitable. Management gave us great support and always there to help over come issues.
Cutting Edge Source in Energy Management
Administrative Assistant/Mail Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WANovember 18, 2014
A typical day at work was anything but typical. I learned so much about energy management and resource development in the 12 years that I was there. My co-workers were versatile, intelligent and many became fast friends. All capable and acclimated to do the job at hand. The hardest part of my job was having to leave it at the end of 12 years due to layoffs. The most enjoyable part of my day started the moment I walked in the door.
Pros
diversity, excellent work atmosphere, great pay and benefits
Cons
having to leave after being laid off.
Great company
Billing Associate (Current Employee) –  WashingtonMarch 4, 2016
They are a good company to work for, i am just looking for a permit job and not temp. They only hire temp and i have to have a more stable job.
Good working place
Utility Transfer Coordinator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 21, 2016
was workin for International rescue Committee just for3 months as an intern and I have enjoyed that timeeven it was short i also recommand that place.

2.8