ECPI University

ECPI University Employer Reviews

Educational
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VirginiaJuly 8, 2014
I recieved alot of help and education from my peers. The people were fun and friendly.
Fast paste learning
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 1, 2014
Fast paste teaching/learning environment.
Five hours long classes.
Hard working co-workers.
No private office space.
Typical workplace with nice people, but little advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 27, 2014
When I took the job I worked part-time, splitting shifts with a full-timer. My biggest issue wasn't so much the part-time, but the way the shifts were split (full-timer had priority say): Worked 2 mornings, 2 nights, and every weekend (Saturday), unless specifically asked off. Management was pretty good about that, but only asked off once if I remember – more... correctly.
Sometimes holidays were off, but not paid and not paid overtime when did work them.
Also, I was led to believe there were full benefits for part-time employees and room for advancement when hired. The benefits turned out to be 401(k) only, and there was little if any room for advancement.
Co-workers were all friendly and respectable people, but lots of dissatisfaction in the workplace so lots of negativity on a daily basis.
Liked interacting with students/clients.

If anything, I took away from the job is that I needed to speak up when I was dissatisfied/distressed. – less
ECPI University
Campus President (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 19, 2014
Overall culture is good. The Mission of the company is one to be admired - which is to make a difference in the lives of others.
productive
IT Internship (Former Employee), Newport News, VAApril 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no breaks
I learned more about computers .
hardest part was to work on multiple computers
most enjoyable part was the work enviornment
Work/Life is skewed
Professor of Business (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 5, 2014
Pros: good to have a job
Cons: all work no play...due to hours in the classroom
The job is awesome...the work/life balance is skewed. The pay is comfortable.
Rewarding Environment!
Career Advisor (Current Employee), Concord, NCMarch 18, 2014
Pros: employee technology purchases: ipads, laptops
Cons: long drive to work.
As a College Career Advisor, I would help track the personal, academic and professional success of students. I learned how to properly match the candidate with the right employment opportunity. Most enjoyable part of the job was empowering students with career opportunities.
they see $ not you.
Admissions (Former Employee), Virginia BeachFebruary 18, 2014
They'll pat you on the back and smile, and stab you in the back the next minute. Reminds me of Goodfellas.
Good rapport with co-workers
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 7, 2014
Processing financial aid paperwork for potential students
I learned valuable information about the financial aid application process, tax information, the processes of an institution of higher learning.
I enjoy working with the other people in my department.
I enjoy helping students to secure the funding for their education.
Unethical, Immoral, Micromanagement
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 8, 2013
Pros: the students are great to work with on a daily basis.
Cons: management is definitely not doing the best job and they are only out for themselves.
This company definitely is for profit. They are only concerned with getting students in the door and cash in their pockets. The treatment of the employees is not desirable. The management team cannot make decisions without asking approval from upper management for every single issue because of fear of retaliation and/or a law suit. Management makes – more... unethical decisions and micromanages the faculty to the point of being ridiculous. The staff morale is very low and many of the staff are looking for other positions elsewhere. This has to be the worst job I have ever had in my entire career. Management makes promises they do not keep. They communicate via email instead of face to face. The decisions made change on a day to day basis depending on whatever issue they are focused on at the time. There is little consistency and lots of favoritism from management. IF they like you, then you are good. IF they don't, then you will be out of there in no time. – less
Inflexible, Undervalues Employees
Student Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 19, 2013
Pros: occasional concert ticket raffle
Cons: minimal health insurance coverage, difficult to contact/meet with hr
The most individual-minded, single-focus, profit-churning company I have ever been employed by. Does not encourage communication, professional development, or growth.
No clear leadership. Departmental divisiveness and upper management conflict prohibits team cohesiveness.
Richmond VA campus
Admissions Recruiter (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 25, 2013
Worked there for six years - loved it. Great hours and all departments got along great
3 rating given.
Administrative Office Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: low budget
Creating and maintaining new enrollments, supporting admissions and upper management. Overseeing and training Administrative staff
assuring accuracy.Problem solving,customer service,clerical,filing
I have learned Microsoft Office and other software,day to day operations of Higher Education environment.
I have a mature team of co-workers, we have become – more... a family.
The hardest part of my job is not having the funds to supply the equipment needed for good productivity at times.
Most enjoyable part of my job is working with the students and meeting new people – less
Overall pleasant work environment
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee), Manassas, VAOctober 3, 2013
Pleasant work environment/management/staff, however there is no room for advancement.
Great employees, dedicated to serve the students.
Adult Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: great corporate head.
Cons: company wide training meeting is only offered for new employees.
Very organized and set structure. Employees know exactly what is required to meet and exceed the goals.
Hard Work
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Manassas, VASeptember 18, 2013
You have to be very dedicated and driven to work in a fast paced educational environment.
Good environment
Psychology Instructor (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 6, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Structured environment
Long classes
Good co-workers that are helpful
Professional work environment.
University Work Study Assistant (Current Employee), Newport News, VAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, student and employer interaction
Working with the career services department has helped prepare me for the work force. I've gained valuable skills which will transfer to my next place of employment after completion of school.
Great school to attend.
Financial Assistance Work Study (Former Employee), Newport News, VAAugust 15, 2013
I feel it was a great school to attend. It was fast paced and can be difficult to balance life if you do not have good time management but once you find a good balance, you will do great!!
Very productive, friendly and fun workplace.
Work Study Student (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: work-study student, family oriented
Everyday I am greeted with smiling faces. I have co-workers that are eager to help me understand things if I need the help. I am shown appreciation as well as recognition for my work and tasks. I've learned how to become more open and speak with confidence to others. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I always have people there to make – more... sure that I have everything I need to succeed and the willingness to teach me new things. I love coming to work with people showing a positive attitude, being productive, and can have fun while doing their jobs. – less

1 2 3