ECPI University Employee Reviews

Good Experience
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 28, 2017
This job provided me with a lot of good, hands on experience in the IT field. I received good training, and beneficial information about several areas of IT support.
Mci
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 27, 2017
This has been an exceptional experience. I have enjoyed working for and receiving my educational certification while at this facility. I enjoy the environment and support of the management.
Excellent employer
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 3, 2017
My experience with ECPI has been wonderful. I would highly recommend working for this university. I have worked in several positions, and they each have their ups and downs, but across the board I would say I am satisfied with the experience.
Pros
Competitive pay, excellent culture
Cons
Have only been able to make lateral moves thus far. Career advancement has been slow.
Productive and fun environment
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 30, 2017
Great experience where I not only learned how to create reports and improve on customer service and collections. The hardest part of the job was collection of student personal payments, however, in doing so I was not only successful but earned the trust and respect of students and my peers which happened to be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great Team/Family Environment
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 23, 2017
Working for ECPI was the best career choice I have made. Since day one, everyone has been welcoming, helpful and supportive, from the Campus President to the Administrative Assistants. It is evident how much the faculty and staff truly care about the students and their needs. Everyone goes above and beyond. The faculty and staff all work well together to form an amazing team. Each person brings their education, knowledge and talents to the table and shares them unconditionally. There is always a professional and friendly atmosphere, and those in a management position are always available to help and guide you by working alongside of you, rather than above you. Although there may be hectic times, everyone works together like a well-oiled machine.
Pros
friendly, professional atmosphere
Cons
Better choice of benefits needed
Nothing to note here
Virginia Beach (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 19, 2017
Poor management, too many politics, terrible benefits, micromanaged, lack of communication, extremely heavy workload with low pay. New management is overbearing, disrespectful, and incompetent.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great starting point when transitioning into education
Instructor (Current Employee) –  VAOctober 15, 2017
ECPI hired me 2 years ago based on my clinical expertise and my ability to instruct even though I did not have any formal teaching experience prior. I feel very supported by all levels of management with the items that matter most. I enjoy my job and my team at ECPI.
fun work place
Federal Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 8, 2017
The company is good to work for. There are time to be serious and sometime there are times when they show employees appreciation. The dynamic of the workplace is positive.
Pros
most of the staff practices good ethics
Cons
little growth
Rewarding Learning Experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 27, 2017
Throughout the project for my internship opportunity, I was able to learn about green screen setup, video editing software, the process of chroma-keying, and incorporating mixed reality media. I was also able to build a portable prototype green screen from scratch, and hold demonstrations of its use at university events such as Open House and Student Appreciation Day. The coordinator managing my internship gave me incredible support throughout the project and provided me with both guidance and creative freedom in the project. I highly recommend ECPI University to any prospective employees or students.
need to be consistent in the curriculum
Technology Professor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 25, 2017
Never had the opportunity to stay with one class subject. The school would change to a new subject, new books and the way you taught. Very inconsistent and tough on the teachers as well as the students.
Pros
Cons
curriculum
Fun place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 21, 2017
I enjoy interacting with peers and students. This environment allows me to learn something new each day.I like my work schedule in at 8a out at 2p. The most enjoyable part is when a student understand the subject and you get to see that light come on in their eyes. I also like the part when the students are asking alot of questions and their peers are answers before the teacher. The hardest part of this job is getting some students to buy into the theory that education is the key to their future.
Pros
free lunch during training sessions
Cons
sometimes classes are too big
Well-based and intuitive educatin facility
Medical Assisting Faculty and CPR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 11, 2017
Well trained and dedicated staff to ensure that students receive the knowledge and skills in the career fields that they have chosen. Instructors are dedicated to the well being and instructional activities of their students, especially the ones that are interested in learning for their career.
Pros
Excellent schedule and time off
Cons
none at this time
Challenging University
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 28, 2017
ECPI University is a fast paced, competitive school. The course work is challenging. The staff is friendly. The students work very hard and seem to enjoy the environment A typical day at work is very busy with little down time with the exception of lunch. The day starts early as classes begin at 8 am so as an instructor it behooves you to be there by 7 am. Overall it is a positive experience.
Pros
Decent pay, 401K
Cons
Fast paced, competitve
It's a job
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 22, 2017
It is a stressful job where you have to put in a lot of work to "take care" of adult students. Management doesn't make you feel valued as an employee.
Disorganized
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 21, 2017
First day I was placed into an extremely visible role with no training. Internal departments did not communicate with each other. Overall feeling that a lot of employees just didn't care.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Enjoyable place to support adult students with academic and career ambitions
Biology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 16, 2017
Great culture and environment
Student centered
Management is flexible and accommodating
Positive experience helping adult students move forward in academic and occupational ambitions
Administration very focused on student success
Pros
Provides support to faculty
Challenging work environment
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2017
Fast-paced work environment with wide range of student professionalism, Higher management challenging in terms of consistent support with student issues. Graduation and graduate success is the most rewarding part of the job.
Poor work/life balance
Campus Director of Financial Assistance (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 31, 2017
Poor work/life balance. Lack of staffing, forced to work holidays, great deal of disorganization. One great aspect are excellent co-workers - they need to be appreciated more
Great! Fast Paced, Student Focused!
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 31, 2017
Nice company. Been around for many years. Proven stability. Fast, proactive, quick, and terms come around quickly. Solid intent, solid focus and direction.
Pros
Students
Cons
Fast Paced; but quicker graduation!
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 26, 2017
Many staff have been with the company for 10+ years however there is little if no opportunity for advancement. They provide some of the best, up-to-date training for their students.
Pros
great staff
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ECPI University. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9