ECPI University Employee Reviews

Run, Run
Nursing instructor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, able to positively impact the students, flexible environment
Cons: No lunch breaks, clocking in and out even though salaried, no support from administration, no vacation time, micro managed, lack of respect from some students
This place is a joke. Administration is not supportive of their staff. They make you pass students who they know will not pass their nursing boards. You are given 2 weeks of vacation but those 2 weeks are used during the christmas holiday vacation. You have no choice, they will just use them, leaving you with nearly no vacation time during the rest of the year. There is no orientation for new faculty and no support from administration. The only time they speak to you is to criticize you. The students know all of this and don't work hard to get the work done. Why should they when they can just be pushed along?
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 25, 2015
Management is supportive.

Team work is valued.

Dedicated to the students.

Good work life balance.

Hardest part of job is the hours at times.
Satisfied
Healthcare Administration Program Director (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 15, 2015
Frequent changes in leadership, but faculty and staff are like family. Great adult learning environment. Many students are non-traditional and love the idea of evening courses.
Federal Work Study/ Registrar Assistant (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAJuly 9, 2015
● Processed transcript data and conducted administrative duties as needed
● Organized, maintained, and procured office supplies; packed and shipped materials
Gained valuable experience related to my field.
Student Worker, IT Support (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 24, 2015
Working at the school that I was enrolled in gave me insight into the true culture of the school that I would not have had as just a student
some good people
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: need freedom to be creative
good people stifled not to use creativity. disconnect from many communities. high turnover due to outdated strategy. more politics than business. reveue focused, rather that people focused.
Productive and fun
File Assistant (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJune 24, 2015
Pros: great pay, nice hours, great food
filing papers in filing room. working on the computer, scanning papers filing them in alphabetical order.

working copier, scanner, printer. being more organized in work area and at home.

my manager was very understanding as well as informative.

the job wasn't hard at all, it was very self explanatory.

every thing was enjoyable. loving people around me with warm hearts. all around comfortable surrounding.
Tough to describe
I work here (Current Employee), One of the campusesJune 3, 2015
Not the best place to work, but far from the worst. Communication is a nightmare and they rarely promote from within. But the schedule is flexible and you work with some great people.
Resourceful and collaborative university setting
Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 27, 2015
ECPI is a special kind of university with both employees and students from all walks of life. It is difficult to go one single day without learning something new from the people around you. Working at ECPI has been a fantastic learning experience, as well as a pleasure.
Enjoyable for filling job.
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 11, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch, great training
Cons: healthcare
Although for people with families it can be a strain on work /life balance because of the hours, the job it's self is very good. Great management and over all betterment of you through the work you will do with enrolling students.
The work study at ECPI was a great experience.
Administrative Work for Financial Aid (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 30, 2015
It was a great opportunity to gain some on hand office experience and also to have that added to my resume. Even though it was short term due to the hours required by the University, it was exciting to work with the individuals that help with the process of getting me started. Really enjoyed the experience!
Great Work Environment
IT Support (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 9, 2015
Good Work Environment, regular 8 hour days. Easy group of people to work with, stress free. You are your own limit to what you want to learn.
Stable Work Environment
Admissions Support Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 27, 2015
There was a sense of stability at ECPI with structure that allowed the employees to have an understanding of what to do each day. It was a great team environment with amazing co-workers.
Run Away As Fast As You Can
Administrator (Former Employee), Multiple Campus LocationsFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: nothing that is positive counter balances the poisonous nature of the whole organization.
Cons: everything!
Read everything you can about the failing for-profit education industry, and the very ugly players in it, and then raise those problems to the 100th power, and you will have an idea of what it is like to work at any campus of ECPI University.

The job culture is one of top-down, negative, management, whose only goal is to put money in their personal pockets. No consideration for employees, business and education ethics, or regulatory affairs that protect end users of education, both as students and consumers. No consideration for honesty.

Founder likely had great intentions 50 odd years ago, but those good intentions are long gone.
exceptional workplace
Federal Work Study (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 23, 2015
Being a student, I was able to work very flexible hours, while finishing my degree. I worked in the Financial aid department, where I loved the environment. I had my own work station, and I also had amazing coworkers that I shared the room with. Incredible people, whom I still keep in contact with to this day.
rewarding
NURSE EDUCATOR, LPN instructor (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: rewarding
Cons: inadequate prep time, costly
fast paced accelerated nursing program for students seeking to become practical nurses. Very demanding. Have observed many individuals progressing from poverty to middle income. Many further education to become RNs. Very demanding on students as well.
Extensive Experience and College
Student Worker (Current Employee), VAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: very thorough and extencivlly hard working.
Cons: can be unorganized at first only.
I have worked in many positions and have gone to many schools. I have worked in one position for over 9 years of my life and will probably be with your company for many years. I have done well in my college deeds and am a true winner. I have also even patented my own device and own my own company.
Interesting and ever-evolving culture
Director of Career Services (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VADecember 24, 2014
Pros: committed colleagues, institutional integrity
Cons: limited promotion opportunities, lack of top down communication efficacy
My position requires a day to day flexibility and creative approach to a variety of challenges, process improvements, analysis of continuous progress, and inter-departmental dynamics that all co-exist to achieve this University's mission and vision.

I am surrounded by a large campus community that are collectively talented, committed, and certainly diverse. The Management structure is highly organized yet, at times disconnected in communication styles due to status and/or position priviledge.

Still, my position is largely focused on achieving and supporting those who are participating in programs offered and for community constituents who are seeking great candidates for their business opportunities. Achieving these multi-layered goals are highly satisfying as evidenced by the success of others.
School
Student (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VADecember 22, 2014
This is a school
The school is great
Good staff they will go above and beyond for students
Anyone is considering employment with ECPI/MCI should have the pros and cons of working there.
Faculty (Current Employee), Virginia BeachDecember 4, 2014
Pros:
* it's a job
* some flexibility although limited
* great co-workers
* some students are a pleasure to teach
* pay is comparable to other education institutions
* great instructors keep the student success high

Con:
* limited to no pay raises
* administration /management :
unprofessional an not supportive of faculty
* limited to no orientation of new faculty
* money focused (for profit school)
* instructors are micro - managed
* pass students who fail, to keep numbers up
* instructors are asked to make exams easy when students
complain or not doing well even when the exams are fair
* instructors get class assignments days before courses
* instructors may be asked to switch classes mid-mod
* instructors may not get class rosters until the first class
* frequent book changes which is associated with :
instructors are not involved in selecting textbooks
new textbooks are given to instructors the first day of class
instructors are forced to start courses unprepared
instructors are playing catch-up the whole mod
* limited full time faculty
* full time faculty are salaried but required to clock in & out
* not enough faculty to cover courses and clinical
* no compensation when full time faculty cover extra clinical
* often lose faculty members due to job dissatisfaction