ECPI University Employee Reviews

Co-workers
Admission Advisor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 18, 2016
They are great to work with. great atmosphere. everyone is nice. you are treated like a human being. we are work together with respect
Pros
job security
Cons
working nights
Challenging, ever changing work place
Accounting Assistant, University Administration (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23462November 3, 2016
ECPI is always improving and making changes to better their product for the workforce and for the student. There is always opportunity to shine for the motivated employee.
great
Library Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 9, 2016
i would recomend ECpi university to everyone. Very flexable when it comes to work with each individuals' schedule. Great faculty and saff
Great School
Dental Student (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 22, 2016
This is a great school that will help you advance in the work force, I have learned a lot at ECPI ! I will be the first to receive a degree from a University.
Pros
Great teachers
Cons
5 weeks for each term
Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 19, 2016
Organized and geared towards student goals. As an instructor was allowed to input focus on Curriculum and Instruction to include:
• Participating in the curriculum development and monitoring process.
• Making recommendations for additions to, or upgrading of, curriculum, course materials, equipment, and
text books.
• Recommending library/resource center acquisitions; assists the Librarian in culling the library collection.
• Sharing course materials and insights with other faculty members.
• Participating in Advisory Board meetings.
• Keeping up-to-date and in contact with local employers regarding appropriateness of course/program content.
Pros
Diverse culture
Cons
Lack of Instructor Involvement in curriculum
A decent job, but not a career
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 4, 2016
It's an alright job for someone that is experienced in the industry, but not a manager. For those with managent experience, look elsewhere. There are too many demands on the staff with too few types of compensation.
Pros
good environment, good people, good job
Cons
Mandatory overtime, mandatory holidays, weekends, not enough staff to meet operational needs, high turnover
Please dont apply for admissions representative
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 1, 2016
Its a pretty terrible place to be an Admissions Rep.

You are just a number to them. There is no culture, the hours can be very odd sometimes. Most people I worked with were rather miserable because there were zero advancement opportunities.

Its a job, not a career.
Pros
NONE
Cons
MANY
The Denver office is not treated seriously
Employee (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 14, 2016
ECPI is located primarily in Virginia Beach and had an office in Denver for Admissions, FA and Student Services. In the time I worked for ECPI the Denver office was not treated like it was a part of the whole company but more like contractors. There was no company unity. The management made many promises of advancement which were never met.
Pros
Good people in the office
Cons
Top down management flow
More training needed
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 10, 2016
working for the organization was an interesting experience. I have been in sales for years but the sale of overpriced education was not for me. I lasted about 2 months with the organization mainly because I had a hard time PUSHING the sale of a 68,000 program down the throats of those who needed a little time to think about the financial investment they were making.
This is a proprietary school. It has great benefits and great challenges to improve. Faculty and Staff are great!
Psychology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2016
Classes at ECPI are 5 hours and for many years I taught 2 classes per day ending up working 15-hour days two days a week.

Many students were the first in their family to go to college and it was not unusual for students to be the first in their family to finish high school. It is wonderful to see these students succeed and find a better life because of their experience.

The Faculty and Staff were, for the most part, congenial, motivated, hard-working, and dedicated. I just loved the people I worked with and so many of the students as well.

Management was under strict control of Virginia Beach executives and had little flexibility in what they could and couldn't do. Many were fired during my years there.

It was difficult to work 8 years with the only vacation from Christmas to New Years.

Nothing can take away from the joy of knowing so many students had richer and better lives because of taking psychology classes.

I had been a full-time employee (Tier-2) but requested to be paid per class during my last two years as I was unhappy with administration but still devoted to students. It was a poor economic decision on my part and cost me $12k per year. I should have left but was swayed by students who were dedicated and devoted.
Pros
A chance to make a difference.
Cons
Students who were over-worked and who could have done better with shorter classes, Low pay, few benefits for instructors, few opportunities for advancement.
Productive very nice environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 12, 2016
A typical day at work where i come in everyone is nice and i work evenings so its not as busy. Its nothing really hard about my job because i'm only answering calls and testing new comers who want to attend college.
Ecpi
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 21, 2016
This university is great at preparing you as a nurse and helps you grow as a person. They provided guidance and necessary skills to become the most effective person or employee. I would recommend this organization to anyone who is looking to become the best of the best.
Admin Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 15, 2016
I enjoy working for the company; however there is no real room to grow and bad work life balance. We work most holidays and are required to come to work in any weather conditions.
Good working environment
Clinical Professor, Medical Assistant Program (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 14, 2016
I have been working here for a little over 4 years and have had no complaints. I love to teach and this gives the environment to do so.
Ecpi
Registered Nursing Student (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 19, 2016
Staff turn over rate is very high, non-consistent, they do not care about students passing and learning, they only care about taking us in for our tuition and not give us what's expected. which is a decent education!
Productive and good place to work
Plan, implement, and evaluate the RN program (Current Employee) –  VAJanuary 30, 2016
My co-workers will do anything for you. It is truly a place where teamwork is needed, and many of the faculty will go out of their way to help wherever needed.
Good Teamwork Environment
Senior Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 21, 2016
Interviewed prospective school candidates. Make at least 80 outbound calls to prospective school candidates. Tour students around the campus.
Great Place to Gain Teaching Experience
Arts & Sciences Faculty (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 13, 2016
ECPI is a great place to gain teaching experience in adult education. Accelerated terms and structured schedule work well with certain teaching styles.
Great People and Workplace
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 31, 2015
Great work environment from top down. Classes are always different and offer a great amount of freedom to be creative in teaching the courses. You have the freedom to teach a wide variety of material from class to class.
Upbeat and easy going work place, not at all what I thought working for a university would entail.
Moodle expert (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 6, 2015
Days went for 9:00-17:00 typically, with most of my time being spent at the computer. Occasionally teachers would pop in to inquire about their class uploads or seek computer advice, but for the most part I was in my office with my computers. Enjoyed the occasional human interaction but do not mind working alone when that is what is required of me.

2.9