ECPI Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Unprofessional Place
Instructor (Former Employee) –  VAAugust 16, 2017
Worked as an instructor here. The management was terrible. They would randomly assign classes to instructors whether they feel comfortable or not. There was no time to prepare because the terms are back to back. They had lack of resources and no money for anything.
Great place to advance pantry skills and customer service.
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 7, 2017
I enjoyed working at E.C.P.I., because the environment is friendly and laid back. It was almost completely stress free. I actually wanted to do the best I could for my manager, because she is such a kind soul. The hours were part time unless you became a full time employee. The pay was standard, but the health benefits were very good. There was almost no way to be fired unless you wanted to be fired. The room for advancement was dependent upon how you showed yourself at work. The management was well balanced and functional. The culture was friendly, because there was mostly repeat customers.
I took the time out to complete college with no interruptions
Line Cook, Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAMay 23, 2017
My time at ECPI was stressful, dealing with family and a full time job. I also provided certain strategies that made me able to cope with complicated situations.
Not a bad work environment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 25, 2017
I worked there nearly 8 years ago, and at the time it was relaxed yet professional. I enjoyed it, but I left to pursue a full-time job at another institution.
Customer Service All Day Long
Financial Assistance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 22, 2017
Great coworkers, helpful supervisor and have to be ready to drop whatever you're doing to help a student. A lot of elements go in to day to day tasks. You're a in-person and over-the-phone financial aid encyclopedia.
Nice people to work with but no advancement opportunity
Adjunct CIS Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 10, 2016
The management, faculty and staff are nice to work with. More is expected of faculty without additional pay for doing extra duties. My hours are good but there is little chance for advancement
Decent Nursing Programs
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 1, 2016
Extreme pressure on admissions to enroll but good instructors and admittance systems.Mandatory overtime and Saturdays. DOA very self involved, going on and on about her personal life.
Admin. Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 6, 2016
I enjoyed working on campus and being apart of the office setting. On a daily I filed paperwork and also made spreadsheets for the department I worked in. I also was in charge of planning events for the students and staff.
Would not recommend this organization for employement or education.
RN Faculty (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 1, 2015
Work environment is very poor. This is a for profit educational institution. The workload for faculty and the stress for students are both very high.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Work environment and workload decreases overall quality of life.
Amazing
IT Support Professional, ECPI/ATI (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 4, 2015
A typical day at work amazing.
I learned amazing things
Management is amazing
co-workers are amazing
the hardest part of the job was amazing
everything was amazing
Pros
amazing
Cons
amazing
A little pick me up to hold you through School
Campus MIS Personnel (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 13, 2015
Going around the campus and performing troubleshooting actions and getting the practical side of learning your curriculum.
Fun, fast paced environment
Professor (Former Employee) –  VAApril 8, 2015
Sometimes feels like a diploma mill. Rumor has it that admin is told to under-evaluate staff to avoid promotions and enable quick terminations if needed. Most faculty is compassionate and camaraderie is fairly high. Courses are 5 weeks, but salary increases are rare at best. It seems that the admin wants to do more for the faculty but is limited by the rules and what they are told to do. It is a great place to gather some skills and put some time in, but not a place for a career unfortunately. Wish it wasn't the case, but it appears to be little more than a stepping stone for most people, or no more than a part-time gig.
Pros
Fast paced, freedom to teach according to your style.
Cons
Hard to get promoted, poor benefits, only break is for Christmas.
i do enjoy teaching
Nursing Tutor/Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 25, 2015
Multitasking.
Learned to deal with students from different culture and background
My co worker thinks i am a team player.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with uncooperative student.
The most enjoyable part of my job is student ootcom
weekend/ extra money
Ticket usher (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 12, 2015
This was my first every job, just direct patrons in the direction of their seats and answer any questions or concerns they may have. It was a very nice first job. enjoyed attending the events while working them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hot outside work
Intellectually stimulating, constantly reviewing the fundamentals
Electrical/Electronics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 23, 2014
A day of teaching can be on one of 16 different courses from dc/ac circuits, digital design of real-life traffic light system, digital/analog communications, micro-controllers, CPU architecture and assembly programming to networking and CompTIA A+ certifications. I learn how to deal with all styles of learning and speed have to manage the varying degrees of initial competency. The hardest part of this job is to inspire tired, sometime unmotivated students. The enjoyable part is when they get it and to see their eyes shine and when they graduate to a better professional life.

Colleagues range from nursing to psychology to networking from all kinds of prior work experiences. We relax and joke with some brutal humor now and then.
Department Supports You
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  VA BEACHAugust 21, 2014
I love teaching online and this job is a fully online platform. Terms are 5 weeks long, which can be tough, but overall it is a great experience.

Your department really wants you to do the best work you can, and they make it easy to do so.
Ecpi
IT Instructor / Professor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2014
A great place to work. It is nice to be able to work from home. I enjoy the faculty members I have had the pleasure to work with.
LPN School
Student (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 23, 2014
I was an LPN student for 14 month. 8 hour days in classroom doing classwork and studying for test. 9 hour days in the clinical setting taking care of patients and learning different skills
I enjoyed building relationships with students.
Sr. Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 9, 2014
•Represent the College both on-and off-campus to prospective students, parents, and other individuals or organizations.
•Planning and implementing recruitment activities
•Counseling prospective applicants on the admissions process and programs offered at the College.
•Reviewing and evaluating materials submitted by applicants in addition to assessment/test results for purposes of making admissions decisions.
•Assisting in the development and delivery of on-campus events and programs for groups and individuals.
•Train new Admissions Representatives on processes, policies, and procedures.
•Technical Support for students with their computer or applications.
Pros
helping people improve thier lives and building rapport
Cons
not enough face to face meetings with students
ECPI is a for profit university that is unaccredited
Student (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 25, 2014
I found out once I moved that I must complete my degree again because the school is unaccredited.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ECPI. Our community is ready to answer.