ECS Federal LLC Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly work environment
JUNIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 2, 2017
Government finance is heavily discussed within my line of work. Creating funding documents for reimbursable or direct citation usr for various activities for the government.
Good Company to Work for
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 23, 2017
ECS is a contract house for Federal contracts. They do a good job of making sure that their people working onsite are taken care of. Limited daily interaction, but they are available when needed
Pros
Good 401K
Cons
Not much interaction with the main office
Interesting work environment
Field Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 21, 2017
It's an interesting contractor work environment. Fast paced providing technical support, producing technical documentation. Remoting into different machines require a knowledge of various operating systems.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
No control of end users actions.
Under Paid
Help Desk (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 12, 2017
You will asked to handle multiple task that should result in increased pay but never receiving a raise. Management is not knowledgeable about the job.
Pros
Choosing your work days
Cons
Low pay
Be ready for a challenge
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Patuxent River, MDAugust 30, 2017
Great customers that call in for help at the help desk, but a lot of angry customers due to the lack of training and superior business office help. A lot of finding the answers yourself. Help desk team is really by themselves trying to solve issues at their level. but as soon as the question is too much they just send the customer away and have the business office call them in about 2 weeks. the turn around would have the customers angry. But overall if you are determined to give excellent customer service then you'll enjoy this job. Talking to customers all day. sitting and no real activities.
Hardworking fun atmosphere with some office politics
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAAugust 4, 2017
Hardworking fun atmosphere with some office politics - they are really nice people with a good atmosphere for learning and working hard. Some office politics are over the top but it is also easy to avoid those things.
Pros
Fun co workers, interesting project
Cons
office politics, location
Lead Cybersecurity Analyst/SME senior expert
Information Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2017
ECS has been a company that works to standardize. They have been efficient and overall a decent company to work with. The company changed to subcontractor for a program and provided little detail, did not advise staff honestly, and provided less than 24 hour to accept new job and pay scale.
Pros
pay has been consistent
Cons
short notice of change in position
advancement is very low
Engineering Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 11, 2017
no job security, no job advancement and no pay increases, on site management is unapproachable, no job training, benefits are average, no job revues with advice to pro or cons
Summary
Client Operations (Current Employee) –  Patuxent River Naval Air Station, MDMarch 7, 2017
A typical day is managing employees to uphold a service level agreement. I have learned many programs like Navy ERP, Maximo, TAA etc.
The hardest part of my job is assisting unknown issues.
The most enjoyable part of the my job is the interaction with people around the world.
Company
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 1, 2016
Great location, great group of people to work with. Continuous opportunities for growth. Excellent pay and benefits.m Management is very knowledgeable and friendly.
Great Company
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 21, 2016
ECS is a great company to work for. Management is very understanding of balancing your personal and work life. Only cons with ECS is the compensation and job advancement. The salary is not adequate to your job responsibilities.
Work off site with the client
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 4, 2016
Management is supportive while we work off site with the Goverment client. Upper management makes everyone feel like they are part of the team.
No Room For Advancement
Customer Support Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 16, 2016
The company is good but you do not receive a raise and the only way to receive a higher salary is to get a higher paying position....only theres no room for advancement to a higher paying position...pretty much stuck.
Pros
no supervision, great colleagues, ok benefits, good starting pay
Cons
No room for advancement, no raise
Great Company
Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 13, 2016
The company is a great company to work for they are really understanding and it is a very open environment. Great coworkers for the most part. My supervisor was great just wish it was a little more money.
ECS in support of 1st Information Operations Command
Senior Information Operations Planner (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAApril 5, 2016
Working with ECS provides us the ability to provide real-time support to ongoing military operations around the globe. By supporting U.S. Army efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan, or training and validating Field Support Teams prior to deployment, our work is relevant and necessary.
Pros
Flexible schedule hours
Great Company!!!
Navy ERP Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Patuxent River Naval Air Station, MDFebruary 16, 2016
I have been working with ECS for around 1 year now and feel they are a great company to work for.
ECS Federal is a good company to work for, very diverse both in employees they hire and in job opportunities.
limited room for growth and poor benefits package for industry
Analyst (Current Employee) –  MarylandNovember 20, 2015
ECS is your typical mid-sized consulting firm. Unless you work at the main office, you will more than likely be one amongst the many faceless minions. There's not much room for advancement, and the benefits are pretty lacking. The latter wasn't always the case, but beware: health insurance is now based on a defined benefit structure rather than a defined contribution, and to get a decent plan, you will have to shell out $$$$
Work Place Summary
Tier II Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Patuxent River, MDNovember 4, 2015
The helpdesk is a great entry level job into the IT world. Starting with tier 1, employees deal with different applications and work to help the customer solve their issues or escalate the ticket up for further assistance.
Pros
Tuition assistance benefits
good place to build
Systems Engineer /Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2015
Working as a government contractor I get to see the other side of the federal work coin. Where the brunt of the effort is focused and needed.

As a contractor I do nearly all the same tasks as my government counterparts, but with the added incentive of knowing inaction or complacency can get me removed. The change of pace, the pressure to perform, has done more for me in terms of desire to improve than my years in government service.

Best part is I am allowed to work with whomever I choose on the contract. I can surround myself with equally motivated co-workers from both the contract and our government peers. Allowing me to surround myself with the best people on both sides.
Pros
Motivation, flexible schedule, benefits
Cons
compensation limited, upward mobility difficult
Typical of a contracting company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 12, 2015
On par with other contracting/consulting firms; not better or worse than others for which I've worked. Compensation and benefits similar to competitors.
Pros
teleworking permitted
Cons
out of touch senior management