ECS Federal LLC Employee Reviews

ECS in support of 1st Information Operations Command
Senior Information Operations Planner (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAApril 5, 2016
Working with ECS provides us the ability to provide real-time support to ongoing military operations around the globe. By supporting U.S. Army efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan, or training and validating Field Support Teams prior to deployment, our work is relevant and necessary.
Pros
Flexible schedule hours
Great Company
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 21, 2016
ECS is a great company to work for. Management is very understanding of balancing your personal and work life. Only cons with ECS is the compensation and job advancement. The salary is not adequate to your job responsibilities.
Work off site with the client
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 4, 2016
Management is supportive while we work off site with the Goverment client. Upper management makes everyone feel like they are part of the team.
Great Company
Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 13, 2016
The company is a great company to work for they are really understanding and it is a very open environment. Great coworkers for the most part. My supervisor was great just wish it was a little more money.
limited room for growth and poor benefits package for industry
Analyst (Current Employee) –  MarylandNovember 20, 2015
ECS is your typical mid-sized consulting firm. Unless you work at the main office, you will more than likely be one amongst the many faceless minions. There's not much room for advancement, and the benefits are pretty lacking. The latter wasn't always the case, but beware: health insurance is now based on a defined benefit structure rather than a defined contribution, and to get a decent plan, you will have to shell out $$$$
Great Company!!!
Navy ERP Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Patuxent River Naval Air Station, MDFebruary 16, 2016
I have been working with ECS for around 1 year now and feel they are a great company to work for.
ECS Federal is a good company to work for, very diverse both in employees they hire and in job opportunities.
good place to build
Systems Engineer /Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2015
Working as a government contractor I get to see the other side of the federal work coin. Where the brunt of the effort is focused and needed.

As a contractor I do nearly all the same tasks as my government counterparts, but with the added incentive of knowing inaction or complacency can get me removed. The change of pace, the pressure to perform, has done more for me in terms of desire to improve than my years in government service.

Best part is I am allowed to work with whomever I choose on the contract. I can surround myself with equally motivated co-workers from both the contract and our government peers. Allowing me to surround myself with the best people on both sides.
Pros
Motivation, flexible schedule, benefits
Cons
compensation limited, upward mobility difficult
Work Place Summary
Tier II Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Patuxent River, MDNovember 4, 2015
The helpdesk is a great entry level job into the IT world. Starting with tier 1, employees deal with different applications and work to help the customer solve their issues or escalate the ticket up for further assistance.
Pros
Tuition assistance benefits
Typical of a contracting company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 12, 2015
On par with other contracting/consulting firms; not better or worse than others for which I've worked. Compensation and benefits similar to competitors.
Pros
teleworking permitted
Cons
out of touch senior management
Poor communication from top down. Limited guidance for success.
Enterprise Services and Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 25, 2014
Daily challenges understand priority and workflow. Managers not empowered to set or establish priority and timelines. Constantly changing priorities. Do it because I said to attitude. Limited appreciation for individual experience and input.
Pros
many good people.
Cons
tense and disrepectful. healthcare
Not a secure job!
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 23, 2015
The constant churning of responsibilities and management expectations make this a difficult place to be. Add to the fact that you never know if/when a restructuring will take place and leave you unemployed!
Productive, fast paced family like environment
Computer Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Memphis,TNJuly 11, 2014
ECS is a great place work. The company management are involved in work and personal aspects of the employees. The work is interesting and they encourage employee growth.