ECS Limited Employee Reviews

Mostly favorable
Field Services Manager/Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 20, 2017
Mixed reviews of company filled with mostly fine people. What they say they expect from you and what they really want from you are not the same. Have become too corporate.
Work
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 17, 2017
Field work testing of concrete and soil. No experience needed. Time not steady. Competitive market making for low pay without certs. A good experience for someone looking to get into construction industry.
Pros
Pay increases based on Certs obtained.
Cons
Hours
Could be worse
CMT Department Administrator/ Team Leader (Current Employee) –  TNJune 22, 2017
The compensation is sub-par and advancement opportunities are non-existent. The culture isn't bad and the people are nice, but the company will milk you for all that they can.
Loved work
Field Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 5, 2017
Loved the team I worked with and the clients and the work was fun and high paced. Manager was rude and would drive staff crazy. The team is what made the job.
Not a place for career advancement.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
Lot of hours but no good management. You use you own car on construction sites and company isn't responsible for damages. Work and life balance is outrageous. Low pay for the amount of work done.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
low pay, no life / work balance
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Cool Springs, TNMay 11, 2017
Spent my time testing soil and concrete on various job sites all around Tennessee. One complaint that I had was the hours were sporadic and completely weather dependent.
Decent place to work with good hours
Concrete/Soils Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 3, 2017
Long hours, hard manual labor but the benefits are good and they pay for drive time and mileage. Good people to work for and they train you to get certifications that translate to an increase in pay.
Senior Field Engineer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMarch 18, 2017
team work , great knowledge and experience. high tech , updated equipment
trusted people and management
good management
moving forward
great 401 K program
Pros
rewards
Cons
health, comfort
for the most part good job
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAFebruary 16, 2017
good job if u want a start in the construction world to get a taste of a little of construction life pay not the greatest sadly my office had a high turn over rate
Pros
enjoyed change of scenery and the alone time
Cons
pay lack of bonuses
Milwaukee Branch Manager very unethical
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 12, 2017
ECS is a great company but every branch is different. The Milwaukee branch has poor upper management. The Branch manager does things very unethical and was hard to work for. He would lie on testing results and would want the PM and techs to also follow his lead. Most people do not stay long at this branch but hope there will come a change. ECS as a whole can be a great company to work for.
Pros
Ok 401K package
Cons
Poor upper management
Enjoyable
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 7, 2017
Fun people to work with. Upper management communicates well with project managers. Large growth is expected to come in the future. Continuing education is a must to advance.
Good Company
CONSTRUCTION FIELD INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 7, 2017
Very Good company and friendly environment of work with lots of opportunities to improve yourself and and learn more about the work and get more experience with talented management staff
Poor upper management
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 4, 2017
Corporate greed at it's finest. Upper management treats employees like numbers instead of people. They are only concerned with the bottom line/profits instead of the employees worth. Constant change in work practices and organizational structure caused confusion and resentment among employees. Constant turnover in personnel was eminent due to mismanagement, poor training, lack of upper management's proper evaluation of employees. In addition, management does not inform employees of where they need improvement or where they excel. No feed back is given per employee only negative feedback regarding department status.
Pros
Good perks, luncheons, hotels for training
Cons
Very impersonal and money driven
I was only an intern
Field Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 3, 2017
Enjoyable summer interning and working on MGM casino. Fulfilling work at job site and intelligent team of workers, I would recommend ECS.
Easy going , productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 29, 2016
I loved working here , it was easy going an productive . I came in and got the invoices from the workers for the day before an made sure they were input into the system , made sure the mail was sent out and took appointments and all incoming calls. Only thing I didnt like was some things I had to learn for myself .
Horrible management culture
CMT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 9, 2016
There is no such thing as a typical work day with this company. Learned very little and had no guidance.
Upper management leads from behind and takes no responsibility for their actions.
My co-workers were great but upper management made life hard for all.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the dictatorship and lack of leadership.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients and solving problems in the field.
Pros
projects
Cons
everything else
A company built on the backs of it's field techs
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 26, 2016
Management has no idea what goes on in the field and are not supportive of their techs. I'm often left with no information about job sites or what I'm even doing there. Two people that stick out in my mind are the tech leader and the office manager. Project managers are condescending and full of themselves. If you are hired as a tech you will destroy your vehicle and wonder where your paycheck goes. Which leads me to compensation. Tech rate is $11. Raises are none existent if you don't get certifications. They can and will keep you from getting certifications in order to avoid paying you more.
Pros
The people you meet on construction sites
Cons
Ecs
Expect the world for little compensation
Technician (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 13, 2016
Lack of knowledgable senior management; micromanagement of the most menial tasks; do not value their employees; turn over is ridiculous because they do not want to compensate or care about their employees; laptops given in the field are so out of date that they stop working; horrible training
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Uneducated & out of touch senior management, raises/bonuses few & far between, no advancement
worse job I have ever had
Field Technician I (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 26, 2016
little training with horrible pay an no room for advancement. they will use you and lie to your face. job turnover rate is impressively high and office culture is non existent.
Pros
independent work
Cons
no training, horrible scheduling
Company well ahead of others in supporting change
PMO Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 15, 2016
Coming from multiple decades working for a wide range of companies, ECS is offering a unique challenge and opportunity that I've not see before. In short, management supports thoughtful, supported change like no other I've worked for before. We learn from our mistakes and grow.

I'm excited to be a part of a dynamic team in the support of the broader organization as it grows.
Pros
Technology, Benefits
Cons
None so far