ECS Employee Reviews

Great job but it didn't provide enough hours
Medical Record Field Technician (Former Employee), Minnesota, WisconsinAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Good hourly wage and fun job.
Cons: Long hours and not enough work.
This is a good company and they are supportive when we needed it at sites. I would report to my coordinator at least 4 times a day because of the travel, they needed to know the times of departure and arrival to and from sites. The people that I would work with on the sites were very helpful and compassionate. The people at the sites were the best part and I really enjoyed this job. I really didn't mind traveling to the sites but the days get to be too long.
Relaxed workplace with No training and poor management
Scheduler (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Lax enviroment, company appriciation, paid weekly
Cons: No Training, lots of wrong information, bad managment, not enough work for you to work a full week
This company has some good about them, they are a very relaxed environment and they hold a company appreciation every month to where they cater to the whole company and one lucky employee gets a $100.00 gift card, you also get paid every week, however, that is about all I can say that is good about them. They do not train, which they let you know from the start and tell you over and over again (WE ARE NOT A TRAINING COMPANY, GET IN THERE AND FIGURE IT OUT) there are four main assistants who are basically team leads however half of them do not know what they are doing or talking about, they give wrong information, are not able to explain things, and are mostly socializing with the other leads or management. This company brags about how they have tons of new accounts in however, that was not the case while I was working there. They sent us home early, didn't have enough work for us to do for full weeks, therefore giving us Fridays off every week since I started and NO you don't get they as a paid day off either.
Expect a choke hold on your life with this job
Medical Records Field Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Out of the office, seeing new things
Cons: Bad pay, out of pocket expenses not reimbursed, unreasonable schedule expectations
I have worked for this company twice now. Over all, there is some good with this job in that you get to see how records are managed in different clinic settings. I can also say that my immediate supervisor was good to work for. The equipment I was given to use was adequate for doing this job. The only reason there are any scores above 3 in the ratings

The good stops there. These are temp jobs only. Don't expect a permanent position. I will never understand any company that expects its employees to make themselves completely available for a set schedule of 40 hours a week and yet can only keep them working for less than 20 hours a week. Believe me, if you tell them you have another job you need to keep in order to pay bills, and if that job ever gets scheduled between 8 and 5 M-F, you will be fired. So, basically, they have a choke hold on you and the only way out is being fired or quitting. Sure, if you are young, no big family responsibilities and you can create some wiggle room in your life in order to get a second job outside of their demanded, disorganized schedule, maybe this one will work for you for a short time.

Expect to pay for something out of pocket in order to remain employed. You will need to have paper and ink/toner ready for your printer potentially for any assignment. This expenses are out of your pocket. I am not clear if I am being reimbursed or not.

I personally drove for very long distances to job sites, only to find out that that assignment had been cancelled. The schedulers do not know what they are doing and don't seem capable – more... of improving. Gas will be at your expense up to 80 miles per day. They schedulers are good at making sure that you only go past this amount from time to time. Unless you have a car with excellent gas mileage, expect to be paying a lot of expense for gas out of pocket until you get paid.

Don't expect bonuses that they tell you about. Its not going to happen. They will find a reason not to give you one.

Yes, the pay is reasonable but they don't pay as much as they did a few years ago. They do not reward you for experience and good performance.

I get the feeling the goal is to hire someone to do this job and burn them out so they don't have to keep them on board. They drove me into a desperate financial situation where I could not keep working for them.

This company needs to get its act together and learn how to treat their employees. – less
Good company
Quality Assurance Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaJune 30, 2015
Great company, flexible, good pay, the employees there are team oriented and very helpful, I will miss working with them all.
Challenging, busy and enjoyable work environment.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 11, 2015
Pros: Professional yet fun work environment.
Cons: Having to leave
A typical work day at ECS included opening up the office, making coffee, checking the voicemail. If there were any new jobs left on voicemail, I wrote them on the job board. Printed out schedules and locations of jobs for owner and field workers before staff arrived. As the Office Manager, my daily duties were to make sure the office ran smoothly and professionally, including not bothering the owner with petty office things so he could focus on more important things to run a successful business. I enjoyed working at ECS and enjoyed the people I worked with. ECS taught me how to be organized and how to figure out working out problems that may occur, on my own or if needed, to ask for help. The hardest part of my job was not having enough hours in the day! I enjoyed keeping busy and working with others to help complete my job in a fun and successful manor! ECS was an extremely fun, yet professional place to work!
ECS is a Contractor company for Western Computer
Business Analyst and Training Development Lead (Current Employee), Work remotelyJune 3, 2015
Pros: They are organized and interactions have been trouble free. They provide benefits.
Cons: No real advancement, no growth in terms of compensation, third party vendor
ECS is contracted to Western Computer to handle salary and compensation of individuals on contract.

I work remotely from home. My co-workers are those within the contract to which I am assigned. The hardest part of the job is being remote and not having more direct contact to individuals. The best part of the job is my project work.
ECS is an up and coming workforce company.
Technical Writer (Contract) (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAMay 15, 2015
I work from home so I don't have the normal "workplace" experiences.

My contacts were primarily with the postal employees that ECS contracted with.
One of the worst places I have worked!
Outbound Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2015
Pros: I had a job
Cons: No second break if you didn't make your goals and not very many did.
In the 2 months I was there before they laid everyone off, we only worked 3 full weeks. I asked for help from one of my leads when I just started and she rolled her eyes at me and told me to figure it out for myself. Would never work there again!
Great if Enjoy working Alone
Medical Records Field Technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company because I enjoy working alone, however depending on where the site was the clients could be rude or naive to why you are there. I lived in close proximity to most of the sites so the pay was o.k with the driving. Wish it could have been a long term job instead of just contract
Lack of Training but Decent Hours
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Phoenix, AzFebruary 6, 2015
I worked there for 4 months and liked my job. Of course there are always aspects of your job that you are not going to like, mine was that there was no job security, management treated you like you were disposable, and you had a day of training. It was an easy job with decent hours, I was able to come home and spend time with my son and my family.
good experience learn cheap salary you will get
Construction Inspector (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAFebruary 2, 2015
ECS they do have alots of construction jobs everywhere in mid Atlantic area but they dont pay you much for the work you do.
Great work hours
EMR Processor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2015
This company had great work hours that worked well with my home life. This job was very repetitive. Every day you had a goal to meet as to how may medical records you had to process. This was fun when you made it into a competition between your other coworkers.
Team player as well as having the ability to work independently, good decision making and problem solving skills.
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), Indiana,IndianapolisNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good benefit package
Cons: no contract
Customer Service Advisor with broad experience in all aspects of accounting, researching, bookkeeping and data entry. Very proficient in microsoft access, excel, lotus notes, word perfect, power point and 10-key touch.
Get hands on and great place to work
Inventory Management Specialist, Level III (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2014
I just love working for ECS... I've been working for PEO STRI US ARMY for 12yrs, but I have been with ECS since 2004 and it's a great company to work for.
Growing
Results oriented senior level executive (Former Employee), Fall River, MAOctober 23, 2014
Nice people trying to improve the companies culture and profitability
Great place to work, as long as you don't have bills to pay.
Medical Records Field Technician (Former Employee), Metro Detroit, MIOctober 3, 2014
Pros: independence, great hourly wage.
Cons: bad management, horrible scheduling, no security.
A typical day of work starts the night before.
You can be scheduled to go to a site or have a site taken off of your schedule up until 7pm the night before.
You then have to print up all information, including cover sheets for each patient. This could be anywhere from 10-200 pages. Be sure you have a good printer that can print readable barcodes.

Sometimes you'll get to a site the next morning before the office even opens. You have to sit and wait for employees of the office to show up - sometimes waiting for over an hour.

You never know what type of facility you're walking into. Be prepared for anything.

Your schedule is very hit-or-miss. Some weeks you will be scheduled 5 days, some weeks only a few hours, and then some weeks there is absolutely no work at all.
Since you never know until the night before if you'll be scheduled - it is impossible to have another job as well as this one.

You will go through many "coordinators" - in my 6 months working for the company, I had 4. Don't get too comfortable - it will change when you least expect it.

There is little to no organization with management. It is very stressful at times.

The independence that an employee has working on their own is great, meeting new people at the different sites is great as well. I learned a lot from the different sites I was sent to.

I would have stayed with the company longer, but there was absolutely no job security or stability. I never knew if I was going to be able to pay my bills each month.
typical day star by arrivale to the site doing my duties
Soil Technician (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: paid training with paid certificates and good health insurance
Cons: small chance to use my mental abilities
good management.nice team-work.paid with good communications abilities.
Great Job
Medical Billing & Collection, Coding Specialist (Former Employee), Tiffin, OHAugust 18, 2014
ECS Billing & Consultant, Inc. Tiffin, Ohio - 2007 - 2008
DME: Medical Billing & Collection, Coding Specialist,
Description: A/R Billing, Auditing, (worked unpaid and partial paid claims)
Reason for leaving: Relocated to Orlando FL

College Student: full-time
Call center
Scheduler (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2014
Goal setting enviroment where goals are to be meant everyday.
Excellant
Senior System Analyst (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDAugust 12, 2014
Enjoyed my assignment very much learned new stuff and provided critical support to go live.