Ector County Independent School District Employee Reviews in United States

Great opportunity for my personal growth and experience
Instructor of Culinary Arts (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 24, 2016
My program was extremely busy and required a great deal of energy in order for the students to learn and to interact with business and industry.
Pros
Freedom to develope a specific training program
Cons
It required alot of overtime, but that was my choice. I believe without the overtime, the students would not see a true example of the requirements of the hospitality industry.
Teacher of record
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 4, 2015
A typical day at work consist of arriving at 6:50 to be able to make a few copies if the printer was working if not to think of what to do that day without copies.Morning duty outside at 7:15-7:30 run to pick up students at 7:30 collect folders pass out breakfast check folders for any parent notes before my conference at 8 and start morning calendar all before 8 AM had students at PE by 8 call any parents that had questions post attendance and the usual meeting in what suppose to be out conference period from 8:10-8:45 pick up students at 8:45 teach take them to lunch at 10:36 not a minute early had my possessive lunch for about 20 minutes witch i usually never eat because it not even enough time plus i had to do stuff i didn't get to do during my conference then picked up 2 classes up from lunch (40 students) from 11-11:30 for other teachers lunch then had students for rest of the day after school duty till 3:30 then finally had time to plan, grade papers call more parents do training etc always something to do no life balance always had work to do at home.
busy work place
Records Management Liaison (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Busy work place non stop continuous work load...busy busy busy very challenging and always something different. Different types of people
Very busy office with 750+ students, parents, 50+ faculty and staff
Building Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 8, 2015
My day was VERY fast-paced. I answered multi-lined phones, maintained student records, assisted with injured or sick students and faculty, created reports, maintained student attendance and helped parents/grandparents with daily information and needs. I created handouts for students, created forms that were submitted to the state and many, many daily office duties.

I LOVED my job. LOVE working with students and their families. I was loved and treated well. I retired to help my mother and to help with my grandchildren.
Pros
Amazing work environment
A learning experience .
Paraprofessional/Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 7, 2015
Very productive from beginning to end .Great accomplishments when you see a child master and reach his or her goal.What the children learn in pre-3 they carry all the way thru 6th grade .the hardest part is trying to keep order in the classroom when there is a change in the schedule ,teacher being absent ,any change in the room
Pros
hug, smiles and more hugs from the children
Cons
not to good benefits, short lunches
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 14, 2015
I had a great experience working for ECISD as a full time substitute teacher at Permian High School. The job only lasted the duration of the school year, but it was a nice atmosphere and has led to me now working toward my Teaching Certification.
Worked for about 4 months before I started looking.
High School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 25, 2014
The schools are pretty mismanaged. Teaching students is not so much as important as test scores on End of Course exams and district assessments. Communication of the content of these exams is poor at best.

School administrators largely ignore teachers. Department heads are easily offended if students enjoy your class more than theirs so the department heads seek opportunity to slander and punish those teachers.
Pros
the encheladas from the cafeteria are pretty good.
Cons
a stifling environment for teaching
Each day was a fun day.
Secretarial (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Being in education everyday was a learning day. It was a fulfilling job.l I applied my experience and learning skills every day. I learned to manage my time and work load. The co-workers were always supportive. When you love your job there is no hard part. As the saying goes "if you love your job you will never work a day in your life."
Pros
great benefits
Cons
finding a good time on the calendar to take a vacation
Custodian/Janitor
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 28, 2013
I enjoyed working for the school district and worked well with the staff and principal
Pros
insufficient hours
Cons
very convenient hours
6th grade science and social studies teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 25, 2013
Developed and implemented interesting and interactive learning mediums to increase
student understanding of course materials.
Promoted physical, mental and social development by implementing classroom games and
outdoor recreational activities.
Met regularly with parents and guardians to discuss children's progress.
Perfect Job
Avid Tutor (Former Employee) –  Nimitz Jr. HighMarch 5, 2013
The job is really laid back and the supervisors were very helpful, wouldnt mind working for them again.
Pros
laid back job with flexible hours and great supervisors
Cons
children can get out of hand a little but it wasn't too bad.
Ecisd
Help Desk Tech (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TexasAugust 1, 2012
I am still working with ECISD at this time. My typical day starts with
answering calls form employee's through out the district, with an issue, examples are, emails not working or a password not remembered, browsers not loading up a web site, software needing to be installled.
Pros
na
Cons
na
new administration recruiting teachers from outside the pb
Student Assistance Services Counselor (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 26, 2012
New administration as of 2011-2012 running the district like a business with the first priority being money

Employees are given little respect, expected to work all hours all week
Meetings scheduled on weekends
Disappointment with ECISD
Horticulture Aide/Virtual Clerk (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 13, 2012
I will state, that it is a very sad situation here in Odessa, Texas; as, an educational setting should be that "not full of manmade controvery and non-accountability."

ECISD has spent so many frivilous tax dollars on litigation (as opposed to enhancing the District with proper Administractive advice).

How can we educate others (especially children), if the very same concept is not used by those that should be seeking the proper advice for implimentation of Policy, curriculum and approrpiate conduct (which is FUN) by those that interact with children.

I have found it interesting, that many have the time to "gather notes (called retaliation)" on what is wrong with those that were right...as opposed to dismissing those that were wrong (that is why Admiin is in such trouble all over this State).

Note: I thank the community and business pioneer business owners for speaking out against this Administration.
Pros
work schedule.
Cons
foreseeability, administration, non-compliant management, community interaction
I teach 7th grade Pre AP Academeic Enrichment, Math and Reading. I also coach baseball at OHS
Teacher/Coach (Current Employee) –  Bowie Jr. HighApril 12, 2012
My job is secure but just not satisfying my needs I need a challenging career.
Pros
i enjoy my hours of work.
Cons
want increase in pay
A productive and fun place to work while my children were small and in school themselves
Teacher Assistant(PE) (Former Employee) –  Odessa, Tx.January 25, 2012
I loved my job, and the people I was around. That is from the oldest to the youngest administrater, teachers, help staff and the children themselves.
Pros
i had the same time off as my children.
Cons
being in the position i was in, the weather could sometimes be a little extreme

Ector County Independent School District Reviews by Location