Ector County Independent School District

Ector County Independent School District Employer Reviews

Custodian/Janitor
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee), Odessa, TXAugust 28, 2013
Pros: insufficient hours
Cons: very convenient hours
I enjoyed working for the school district and worked well with the staff and principal
6th grade science and social studies teacher
Teacher (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJune 25, 2013
Developed and implemented interesting and interactive learning mediums to increase
student understanding of course materials.
Promoted physical, mental and social development by implementing classroom games and
outdoor recreational activities.
Met regularly with parents and guardians to discuss children's progress.
Perfect Job
Avid Tutor (Former Employee), Nimitz Jr. HighMarch 5, 2013
Pros: laid back job with flexible hours and great supervisors
Cons: children can get out of hand a little but it wasn't too bad.
The job is really laid back and the supervisors were very helpful, wouldnt mind working for them again.
ECISD
Help Desk Tech (Current Employee), Odessa, TexasAugust 1, 2012
Pros: na
Cons: na
I am still working with ECISD at this time. My typical day starts with
answering calls form employee's through out the district, with an issue, examples are, emails not working or a password not remembered, browsers not loading up a web site, software needing to be installled.
new administration recruiting teachers from outside the pb
Student Assistance Services Counselor (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJuly 26, 2012
New administration as of 2011-2012 running the district like a business with the first priority being money

Employees are given little respect, expected to work all hours all week
Meetings scheduled on weekends
Disappointment with ECISD
Horticulture Aide/Virtual Clerk (Former Employee), Odessa, TXApril 13, 2012
Pros: work schedule.
Cons: foreseeability, administration, non-compliant management, community interaction
I will state, that it is a very sad situation here in Odessa, Texas; as, an educational setting should be that "not full of manmade controvery and non-accountability."

ECISD has spent so many frivilous tax dollars on litigation (as opposed to enhancing the District with proper Administractive advice).

How can we educate others (especially children), – more... if the very same concept is not used by those that should be seeking the proper advice for implimentation of Policy, curriculum and approrpiate conduct (which is FUN) by those that interact with children.

I have found it interesting, that many have the time to "gather notes (called retaliation)" on what is wrong with those that were right...as opposed to dismissing those that were wrong (that is why Admiin is in such trouble all over this State).

Note: I thank the community and business pioneer business owners for speaking out against this Administration. – less
I teach 7th grade Pre AP Academeic Enrichment, Math and Reading. I also coach baseball at OHS
Teacher/Coach (Current Employee), Bowie Jr. HighApril 12, 2012
Pros: i enjoy my hours of work.
Cons: want increase in pay
My job is secure but just not satisfying my needs I need a challenging career.
A productive and fun place to work while my children were small and in school themselves
Teacher Assistant(PE) (Former Employee), Odessa, Tx.January 25, 2012
Pros: i had the same time off as my children.
Cons: being in the position i was in, the weather could sometimes be a little extreme
I loved my job, and the people I was around. That is from the oldest to the youngest administrater, teachers, help staff and the children themselves.