ECUMEN Employee Reviews

Worse Nursing Home/ Assisted Living Place I've Ever Worked At
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Litchfield, MNAugust 17, 2017
The employees have poor work ethic, and attitudes. They disrespect the residents and new staff. The workers who are actual good workers aren't appreciated one bit. You got overnight staff who has there children showing up drunk and high, sleeping on the job and covering for each other, bullying other staff, giving out personal information, pills going missing, and falls not being reported. The scheduler sucks, management doesn't care about real concerns, they are so clicky, staff are pigs and leave garbage in the hallways, there should be more security throughout the building. Not mention terrible pay.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Staff, management, pay, scheduling, poor attitudes, poor work ethic, need more training, pill pushers
Well balanced work place
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNAugust 3, 2017
Pass medications to residents. Change any dressing treatments. Mange/supervise CNA's. Document and chart any changes for residents. Place and administer doctor orders.
Pros
Paid very well
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 30, 2017
Ecumen is an average place to work. If you love working with the disabled or elderly this is the job for you. Good Work/Life balance, plenty of weekends off. High turnover rate. Not very organized with training of employees.
Pros
Helping Elderly
Cons
Not Organized, Low Pay for the kind of work you do
A typical day at work
Information System Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNMay 15, 2017
Very friendly work environment. Enjoyed working with like-minded individuals. Looked forward to going to work ever morning. I learned customer service skills and other interpersonal skills that are required to work with others in a workplace.
Sucks
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worthington, MNMarch 10, 2017
They are the worse please to work and to live at. I would not go back to that jod the management there sucks the n nurses does nothing and just sit on their butt
Very nice staff and residents to work with
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Chisago City, MNMarch 8, 2017
I enjoy working here, but am doing 9 residents alone. Always short staffed if someone calls in I have to stay and try to find someone to replace me. Love the different relationships you make with all the ladies. Very hard work doing alone if there is a difficult person to transfer or redirect. Otherwise very beneficial taking care of them and making them laugh and loved
Pros
Live close by, love the employees and residents I work with.
Cons
not enough staff to help out and have to stay if someone calls in
Job
Emmanuel Nursing Homes Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNJanuary 31, 2017
Caring for patients in a long term setting
How to do the RN job
Management was ok
Everyone is nice there
working short
Seeing people enjoy their life
Beautiful facility
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Branch, MNJanuary 25, 2017
Staff is very helpful and enjoy working with the residents. Areas are split up into 4 different households. The hardest part of my job was limited contact with the residents.
Love the residents
Resident Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 23, 2017
Tough job. Hard work, don't feel appreciated. Low pay. Hard labor, alot of heavy lifting. Not enough training. Not appreciated by management. Micromanaged.
Pros
resident relationship and coworkers are nice
Cons
low pay, lots of heavy lifting, not enough workers to resident ratio.
Love working with the older generations
Residet Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MNDecember 29, 2016
I answer call lights as they are pulled overnight, I also perform safety checks on select residents. I also assist residents in using the restroom thoughout the night. I also perform some house keeping tasks throughout my shift.
Pros
Love getting to know the residents
Cons
I feel like they have their favorite people and they don't care about the other staff
Great place to work!
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  North Branch, MNNovember 22, 2016
My experience as a social work intern has been amazing! A great place to learn. The management is really helpful and friendly.
Fun-Loving enviorment
Kohls Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MNNovember 2, 2016
Ecumen is a fabulous company to work for; everyone is always willing to help one another out going the extra mile for employees including the residents, making sure everyone is satisfied.
Lots of drama
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MNNovember 1, 2016
Starting off working there is awesome but over time it get worse people are mean and rude and think they are better that you in everything and also they think the can boss you around even though they aren't your boss.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
Really mean bossy people, and rude people who don't know how to mind there business.
Productive with amazing Maintenance Manager and team.
Environmental Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNOctober 20, 2016
Some days start off with a meeting about daily or weekly tasks and projects. Usually work independently, but some times in groups or pairs until the end of my shift. I learned general facility and apartment maintenance. Management is very flexible and mindful of staff and Residents. Co-workers are hardworking and team-oriented.

The hardest part of the job is encountering something that is different and new to repair from daily tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the Residents pleased and satisfy with the repair that I do for them.
Good Company
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNAugust 25, 2016
It was a good company to work for and it was a great experience. There was flexible work hours which was nice. They also provided various company parties for various reasons. If an employee was getting married or having a baby. There would be a shower for that employee.
fun work environment productive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Branch, MNJune 15, 2016
A typical day at work entailed; answering the residents call lights in a timely manner, being able to handle multiple tasks at once, working as a team. I learned how to work quick yet efficiently, how to communicate with all kinds of people even people who couldn't really speak. Management at Ecumen does need work. They wouldn't really help us out on the floor when we really needed it, unless state was there. My co-workers were awesome. We always went above and beyond to help one another out. If we saw someone needed help we were quick to jump in and take over to help out, without even asking for help they were always there to help. Hardest part of the job would probably be the lifting. Lifting and moving some of the residents and machines really takes a toll on the body. Most enjoyable part of being a CNA would have to be seeing the residents faces light up when they see you and knowing you are making their day better makes your day better.
Pros
Bettering people lifes
Cons
To require best support one need to provide compensation for one to be efficient at their job/task!
IT specialist (Current Employee) –  Chisago City, MNMay 16, 2016
It is one of the best companies I so far have worked for.The job culture is really friendly hence, not very stressful to be around a group of people for eight hours a day. Rather, time pass quickly and things gets done easily as we have corporation as whole as a team!
Pros
excellent group of individule to mingle and get a task done!
Cons
Long commute for me
Productive and Growing work place
Memory Care Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Branch, MNJanuary 29, 2016
Promotes a healthy place of work. Helping residents with daily activities and providing them with a high quality of life.
benefits
Cons
availability of open hours
Official response from ECUMEN
February 1, 2016

Thank you for your review of Ecumen! We are glad you enjoyed your experience working with us.

Horrible management
Former employees (Former Employee) –  Omaha beJanuary 29, 2016
The management is horrible, they do not respect you or listen to your concerns. The activities people only invite certain residents to activities and they don't let residents voice their opinions. It's slot of drama and gossiping and not enough patient care. They let patients fall and they let staff come in late with no consequences they show favoritism between employees and they are short all the time horrible job. They also have skilled patients and are not technically assisted living.
Pros
Eat with residents sometimes
Cons
No breaks gossiping and bad management
Official response from ECUMEN
February 5, 2016

Thank you for your review. Ecumen prides itself on providing quality care, and all employees are expected to contribute to the care of all residents. We take your comments very seriously and would appreciate further information. Please contact our third party, anonymous vendor, Ecumen Connect at 1-844-614-2498.

Great place if your not a slacker
CNA (Current Employee) –  Chisago City, MNDecember 28, 2015
Let me just off by saying the person below me prolly quit and or got fired because of incompetence. The staff that work hard and deliver excellent care succeed in this facility.

There's a lot of problem with staff, not management. People like to call in or start drama brings everyone else who works hard down.

The management go above and beyond for there employees, offering great pay and incentives to pick up shifts. They cant force people to work, you wanna make the facility better, talk to those that drag it down, just dont blame management for your lack of effort.
Pros
Awesome benefits and management
Cons
A few bad eggs that are annoying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ECUMEN. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8