ECUMEN Employee Reviews in United States

Great place if your not a slacker
CNA (Current Employee) –  Chisago City, MNDecember 28, 2015
Let me just off by saying the person below me prolly quit and or got fired because of incompetence. The staff that work hard and deliver excellent care succeed in this facility.

There's a lot of problem with staff, not management. People like to call in or start drama brings everyone else who works hard down.

The management go above and beyond for there employees, offering great pay and incentives to pick up shifts. They cant force people to work, you wanna make the facility better, talk to those that drag it down, just dont blame management for your lack of effort.
Pros
Awesome benefits and management
Cons
A few bad eggs that are annoying
Productive and Growing work place
Memory Care Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Branch, MNJanuary 29, 2016
Promotes a healthy place of work. Helping residents with daily activities and providing them with a high quality of life.
benefits
Cons
availability of open hours

Comment – February 1, 2016

Thank you for your review of Ecumen! We are glad you enjoyed your experience working with us.

Horrible management
Former employees (Former Employee) –  Omaha beJanuary 29, 2016
The management is horrible, they do not respect you or listen to your concerns. The activities people only invite certain residents to activities and they don't let residents voice their opinions. It's slot of drama and gossiping and not enough patient care. They let patients fall and they let staff come in late with no consequences they show favoritism between employees and they are short all the time horrible job. They also have skilled patients and are not technically assisted living.
Pros
Eat with residents sometimes
Cons
No breaks gossiping and bad management

Comment – February 5, 2016

Thank you for your review. Ecumen prides itself on providing quality care, and all employees are expected to contribute to the care of all residents. We take your comments very seriously and would appreciate further information. Please contact our third party, anonymous vendor, Ecumen Connect at 1-844-614-2498.

To require best support one need to provide compensation for one to be efficient at their job/task!
IT specialist (Current Employee) –  Chisago City, MNMay 16, 2016
It is one of the best companies I so far have worked for.The job culture is really friendly hence, not very stressful to be around a group of people for eight hours a day. Rather, time pass quickly and things gets done easily as we have corporation as whole as a team!
Pros
excellent group of individule to mingle and get a task done!
Cons
Long commute for me
Organized and effecient work environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJune 19, 2015
A typical night shift at this short term care unit includes vital sign checks, charting, administering pain medications, assessing bowel and bladder habits, inserting Foley's, assisting nursing assistance with residents toileting needs, stocking medication cart, monitoring fridge temps due to vaccines, calling on call if a patient's pain level is intolerable, or filing incidence reports (due to a fall). I learned that as a nurse my patient is my priority, time management is essential and never be afraid to ask for help. The hardest part of the job was that I work the overnight shift and have never done that before. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a patient and knowing that you are making a difference especially when their vulnerable and really need good care.
Pros
Discount on phone bill
Cons
No breaks

Comment – July 7, 2015

Thank you for taking such great care of Ecumen residents. We are thankful for employees like you who uphold our values of service and wellness!

Perfect for a busy mom with school responsibilities
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  St. PeterJune 24, 2015
I took this job as it was close to home and what I went to school for. Since I started, we have gained many new residents and some new management staff.

My day to day is spent doing a variety of activities, including answering phones, greeting guests, and assisting residents with questions.

The team I work with really pulls together to care for our residents and are willing to step outside of their "job descriptions" to help out.

The best part of the job is I am able to attend my children's school functions and various appointments. I also enjoy the different duties I am assigned which prevent my days from being tedious.
Pros
Schedule flexibility

Comment – July 7, 2015

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad you are thrilled with your job. Ecumen is pleased to foster a work environment that promotes teamwork, and a happy work and life balance.

too many changes at senior and mid-level management
Life Enrichment (Former Employee) –  OwattonnaMay 1, 2013
after working for this company for more than 5 years and having 5 housing managers, this company is creates innovative, empowering, honoring slogans. Despite smell of urine in romms and public areas with letters to CEO, no response and never a site visit. IRS public disclosures filings show excessive compensation levels at senior levels who are clearly out of touch. Health care insurance costs to $10 hour employees unaffordable. No longer a best places to work.... Board of "Trustees" appear hand selected by CEO.
Pros
residents
Cons
ceo and human resources
very clean place to work
Nursing Assistant Registered (Former Employee) –  North Branch, MNAugust 11, 2015
Management was a joke. The scheduler will randomly put you on the schedule and not tell you. Then you get into trouble for it. Management seems very sneaky. I didn't trust any of them. The building is kept very clean and its up to date. Its nice that residents all have their own room and bathroom. The aides do a great job working together!

Comment – September 14, 2015

Ecumen appreciates your review. Your feedback allows us to continue to make Ecumen a great place for both residents and staff. Thank you for providing great care to our residents.

Horrible place
CNA/ RA (Former Employee) –  ChisagoAugust 18, 2015
Management was poor. There was a few staff that where friends with nurses and got away with some very unethical things. Nurses made a lot of medication errors and nothing was done about it. Management was very poor. Residents were the ones that suffered from the inconsistency and short Staffing constantly.
Pros
Residents
Cons

Comment – September 16, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Ecumen prides itself on providing high quality care, and all employees are expected to perform their responsibilities with professionalism. We take your comments very seriously and hope you will call our Ecumen Hotline at 651-766-4397. We need more specific information to thoroughly follow up on your comments.

Bad Management
dietary aide (Former Employee) –  MaplewoodMay 13, 2015
Lots of hard work serving and preparing meals. Unprofessional cooks and mean manager who is disrespectful. Management comes in kitchen often and chit chats with cooks for a long time resulting in nothing getting done. Complaints to HR gets nowhere. Always short staff.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything

Comment – June 15, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We take your comment very seriously and your review has been shared with local, regional and corporate management. -Ecumen

Great Place to Work!
Employee/Labor Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 11, 2013
Nice benefits, some unique. Leader in the industry, well respected.
This is a fun place to work.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNMay 19, 2015
I have worked with this company for almost three years. It is a great place to work. I loved working with the elderly. My typical work day is not the same. I come to work, expecting something new. I love this about my job.

My co-workers are great. We have a team work job, but there is also a non team membership.

Comment – June 11, 2015

Thank you so much for your comment. We are thankful for employees like you who help to make Ecumen a great place to work!

Unbelievable.
LPN (Current Employee) –  North Branch, MNApril 29, 2015
the co-workers are horrid in gossip and drama, few people constantly roll eyes at staff and residents most people are ignored management does nothing to help any case.
Cons
Almost it all

Comment – June 15, 2015

Ecumen appreciates all comments that we receive, as we work hard to create a positive environment for all involved at each Ecumen location. We strive to create a comfortable work place based on our values. Ecumen is following up with local and regional leadership to make sure that the issues mentioned in your comment are addressed. -Ecumen

Terrible work environment
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  St Peter, MNAugust 28, 2014
The job duties and residents were absolutely fantastic, however, management is completely immature and unprofessional. Management likes to sit in their offices gossiping about employees, no respect is given, and time off is not respected. Mandatory 12 hour shifts have to be worked a lot due to management not being able to keep staff around. I would never work for this company ever again! Complete disrespect from management.
Pros
residents
Cons
management sucks
Alot of Talk . . .No Substance
Former Management Level Employee (Former Employee) –  ShoreviewApril 1, 2014
Not supportive of staff. Blame game played often. It is probably different in the field. The individual sites seem to enjoy their work areas more than management. Senior leadership is not enjoyable to work for. Seem unable to pick a direction. It is not talked about but many home office staff are not happy.
Great place to work and leave each daywith a rewarding feeling.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 19, 2013
Each day was interesting and a learning experience. There is a good team enviroment there, and friendly staff. Each co-worker strives to help each other be productive. The hardest part of the job is to make close relationships with the residents and then to watch them pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job was to make a difference in each residents life on a daily basis and bring happiness to their lives.
Pros
discounts with cell companies and fitness centers
Cons
losing residents...
Productive and fast paced environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 12, 2014
The overall environment has been great. I get along with everyone and their is great team work all around. My experience has been very enjoyable. Most of the food is home made, which tastes wonderful! If I ever have questions or need help, there is always someone there to ask.
Pros
meals are home made, delicious baked goods!
Cons
the amount of labor to prepare the food has become a strain on my muscles.
productive and fun place to work
Dining Assistant (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNOctober 30, 2014
i learned costumer serviced and how to be helpful to people.
co-workers are really nice and mangers are nice.
the residents make coming in to work enjoyable.
Horrible place to work
Resident assistant (Current Employee) –  St. PeterJanuary 27, 2014
This company does not care about their employees or the residents. They cannot keep employees and do not respect your time off. I never received a break during my 8-12 hour shifts. Complaints to our RN go nowhere, complaints to HR go nowhere. Now quitting they are threatening to not give me my paid time off paid out. Would not recommend to anyone to work here.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Ecumen
Homecare Billing & Collection (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNDecember 10, 2013
A typical day was busy. I learned it was ok to think outside the box.
Management asked what ideas we had. Co-workers were great.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not alot of time for breaks