The Internet Representative is directly responsible and accountable for producing committed, scheduled appointments between customers and dealership managers and sales representatives. The individual will help achieve departmental gross profit and performance standards through dedicated specialized telephone activity designed to enhance customer satisfaction and sales volumes.
Expected Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Degree in sales, marketing, advertising or other business related field or related work experience
- Demonstrated phone-based selling skills required along with superior customer service skills
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, superior time management skills, and ability to work with minimal supervision are essential
- Ensures all work and information are complete and accurate
- Follows up with others to ensure commitments have been fulfilled
- Superior oral and written communications skills are required (grammar, spelling and professional presentation)
- Ability to work with computer applications including but not limited to email, web applications, and MS Office products such as Word, Excel and Internet Explorer
- Execute dealership’s defined sales and follow-up standards and processes
- Develop superior product knowledge on all new vehicle models through product training
- Perform daily walk-through of vehicle inventory to become familiar with in-stock vehicles
- Respond to incoming new and pre-owned vehicle requests via email, text message and telephone using defined email and text templates and telephone talk tracks
- Execute dealership’s pricing strategy when responding to all leads
- Set appointments with customers while maintaining targeted performance standards
- Perform daily follow-up with all prospects to increase customer appointments and shows
- Notify departments of scheduled appointment as defined by dealership process
- Perform follow-up with departments to determine kept appointments and outcomes
- Record all activity in dealership’s customer relationship management system
- Provide consistent reporting to manager including scheduled daily appointments, appointment shows, daily incoming and outgoing calls
- Review website content daily to become familiar with inventory, specials and incentives
- Attend all assigned training courses to further develop personal skill set
- Perform additional job related duties as requested by dealership management
The individual is expected to meet defined minimum performance standards set by the dealership. These standards include but are not limited to:
Performance Measure and Minimum Standards
Lead Response Time - less than 30 minutes
Lead to Appointment Ratio - 35%
Lead to Show Ratio - 50%
Sold to Show Ratio - 50%
All Employees will be required to complete phone and Internet related training, as directed by management.
Target Lead Capacity
Target lead capacity for interns shall be set by management. Anticipated range is 30-40 calls per day or 25-30 Internet responses per day.
Internet Reps have the authority to quote prices to customers contacting them via phone and the Internet after confirming the number with the sales desk.
Internet Reps shall report directly to the Internet Manager.
This position is a base plus commission and bonus pay structure. The base rate is $9.00 and bonus and commission rates are completely performance based. Average monthly compensation ranges from $2,200 - $3,000, but earning potential is unlimited.
Internet Reps will need to have some flexibility in their schedule. This is a 40 hour per week position, but it is on a weekly rotating schedule. Every other Saturday is required, Shift A: 8:00 - 5:00, Shift B: 9:30 - 6:30, Shift C: 11:00 - 8:00.
5-day work week and on the job product and process training, and unlimited earning potential. Other benefits include medical insurance, 401(k) with company match and paid vacation, after waiting period.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job requires "people" skills and a genuine desire to service the client. A positive attitude and willingness to be a team member are essential to this position. Other essential traits include, but are not limited to disciplined self motivation and drive, ability to handle multiple tasks at once, meticulous attention to detail, flexibility and consistent composure.
Education and/or Experience
Two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations (Including Driver's License)
Current Driver's License (must be insurable)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle, feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Ed Hicks Family of Dealerships maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunities for all associates and applicants of employment. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age over 40, marital status, disability or citizenship as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. EOE. Applicants will be required to pass a drug screening, driving record check and background prior to hiring.
Please email your resume to the email address provided. Walk-ins and phone calls will not be considered. Due to the volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you have questions about the position please email the address provided.