Eddie Bauer Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun place to work, workers were like family
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 2, 2016
At Eddie Bauer I learned the value of being able to work together as a team. Management was always upbeat and friendly. They always talked to and treated employees with respect. My co-workers were all very hard working and capable in making sure to always get the work done on time. The hardest job I ever had was in the Returns Dept. reading customer handwriting. I enjoyed reading some of the customer comments that came with their returns.
Pros
Team Share incentive program
Cons
insurance was expensive
Great Place to Work
Co Manager (Current Employee) –  Tanger Outlet Mall in Foley, Al.May 5, 2016
Eddie Bauer Inc. is a Great Company, their systems in analyzing and impacting the business are great.

Greeting and working with customers is so exciting, and the products offered, with the Lifetime Warranty are superb. Co- Workers are great, but the company is very numbers driven which can be a challenge in this area where seasonal fluctuation of customers is at times unpredictable. We are an Outerwear and outdoor driven company, but in the south Rainwear is going to be our best asset, and we carry down all year.
Pros
Great Product and environment.
Cons
Stress, to achieve the constant numbers expected
Productive and Friendly
Floorset Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2016
A typical day at Eddie Bauer was always great. The people are very friendly and helpful. Management is very loving and helpful whenever you needed them. My co workers were amazing and so outgoing and was always willing to help. The hardest part about the job was working late nights and early mornings. The enjoyable part about the job was feeling like you were a family, verybody worked together.
Great environment but horrible compensation
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYApril 28, 2016
Great store, great product, great team.

All of which are undeminded by corporate's blaise treatment of employees and horrible salary structure.

I worked at the Woodbury Commons store which is a great location. However, management were rarely given enough man hours to properly staff the store.
Pros
Great employee discouts, completely flexible work schedule
Cons
Terrible pay
Soul Sucking
Creative Department, Marketing (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 8, 2016
No work-life balance. Everyone in all departments are so under-supported that it's all we can do to make it through the day. There is a feeling of defeat in the corporate offices, and Senior Management mico-manages to the point that they are the only ones with autonomy.
Pros
Co-workers are great people
Cons
Leadership is terrible
fun with working with co-workers
Sale Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAFebruary 10, 2016
how to use a cashier and how it is important to have communication with co-worker and managers. How to greet everyone that calls come into the store. The coworkers our a lot to learn from and they our very helpful and etc. The hardest part of work is a little bit of everything but, you can a hand of it. The customers that come in with a smile and with saying good morning and how your day is doing. Helping the customers to find what they are looking for.
Pros
everything, contumer
Cons
some days horrible communitcation skills, not enough co-workers
It WAS a great place to work!
Outlet Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 15, 2016
Company no longer cares about managers out in the field (over the last 3 years). Keep working harder and faster while we reduce payroll and benefits. Senior Management no longer care about those that work daily for them, everyone has become just another "associate number" who cares about your name.
Pros
Great product.
Cons
No type of work life balance remains. Benefits continue to be taken away.
I enjoyed this job. However, the Express call center is moving to Florida!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHFebruary 7, 2016
Team leads and CSAs were always available and helpful. The culture had a friendly inclusive atmosphere. Supervisors were good at listening and always tried to accommodate schedule needs. The training was very good. Things went well until Eddie Bauer lost the contract with Express. Our call center is moving to Florida without us.
Wouldn't Recommend working for this company
Co-Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 20, 2016
Upper management was terrible. They did not treat their front line employees and veteran employees with the respect they deserved. It made working in the store a hostile environment having to implement the upper managements standards they wanted that were not working.
Respectable, enjoyable environment
Crane Operator/ Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 14, 2016
Interaction with co-workers and superiors before work, followed by a brief meeting regarding what to expect for the work day. Great atmosphere to work in,a long with great people.
Pros
Caf'e, locker
Cons
Not enough woman in my department
satisfactory
Visual Merchandiser Assistant/Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJune 11, 2016
Great customer service and visual merchandising experience. As a manager in training I had responsibilities such as loyalties and personal sales goals, also helping to oversee the stores/districts sales goals.
fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJanuary 4, 2016
I really love Eddie Bauer, if I didn't haft to have two surgeries on my foot I would still be there. I worked 6 different departments, so all the overtime I needed was there, You meet really great people, free lunch during the holiday season, plus they show you that you are more then just an employee your family.
Pros
Loved working at Eddie Bauer
Cons
Standing all Day, some supervisors not knowing what to do.
Fun and energetic place to work
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDApril 21, 2016
Hardest part of the job is being able to complete numerous tasks with minimal staff and hours.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the amazing customers and staff.
Pros
Everyone works well together!
Cons
short breaks, many times not allowed to leave the store
Great people to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2016
A typical day would be answering many calls helping customers with the status of orders. Verifying orders to insure information is credit. Working reports and calling customers if more information needed.
Pros
Chances to win gift cards earn extra money during the holidays. Free lunches during the holidays.
Cons
Sometimes long hours.
Awesome management!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYMarch 12, 2016
Working with great customers is best part of job. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the Store Manager and Co-Manager. They are really hardworking and treat everyone awesome!
Pros
Great benefits package and management
Cons
Stale and outdated merchandise
Most of the time was on the phone trying to sell.
Customer service, phone sales (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 9, 2016
My time was mostly on the phone taking customer orders but I was supposed to also sell them on additional items. I am not very good at selling. Most of the customers were nice.
Pros
Free prizes for doing well.
Cons
I don't like to sell.
Employees are struggling
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 3, 2016
TImes are tough at Eddie Bauer. Regular layoffs have left remaining employees struggling with an insurmountable workload. Rework and a lack of ownership has kept morale very low.
Pros
the people
Cons
no work/life balance, antiquated systems
Nice incentives for overtime work
MERCHANDISE INVENTORY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHMarch 10, 2016
good payoff/bonuses for working over and above normal working hours. If you like warehouse work it is a good place to work. Employee discount is great.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
seasonal work, extreme long hours standing on your feet
Rewarding
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJune 15, 2016
In my time working for Eddie Bauer it was a very rewarding experience. The staff was so nice, easy to work with, fun and made my days go by so fast. The management was amazing in so many ways. They knew at the time i was finishing high school and worked with me around my new college schedule and worked out a great schedule. They also gave great appreciation to their employees thru raffles, OT, and giving shout outs. I loved being around the store the environment was optimistic and well grounded. The hardest part of the job was the leg work folding clothes, cleaning dressing rooms, managing the back stock room, doing overnight floor sets, and making decisions on your own. At the time I was only 18 and didn't want to make the wrong decision and make a customer unhappy. That was one thing I loved about this job because it helped me grow and take on more responsibility. They had an approach of "you're your on boss" which gave the freedom of making decisions and helped store sales greatly.
Pros
schedule, incentives, discounts
Cons
N/A
Very productive work. Allows me to get involved in community efforts.
Get to work with the public to resolve issues and work through request. Rewards in talking to happy customers. Seeing results of your efforts through customer feedback.
Pros
Get to work with the public.
Cons
Long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Bauer. Our community is ready to answer.