Eddie Bauer Employee Reviews

productive and chill work place
CALL CENTER SALES AGENT (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 23, 2017
productive and chill work place. This just is great i just wish it paid a bit more. The supervisors are great. The coworkers are great. I just need a jib that pays more.
Pros
Recognition for heard work
Best job I ever had!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2017
Great team, brand, culture and development. Company really sticks to their values. I always feel inspired and excited to clock in. We are a client based business also and I love that! You always meet someone different and exciting.
Pros
Awesome work environment.
Ok place to work, frequent turn over
Regional (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 10, 2017
Lots of turn over at the corporate level. Management consistently changes their mind around large directives. Corporate office unaware of how those changes impact the stores and the store (hourly) employees.
Pros
discounts
Cons
changing opinions
slow workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 8, 2017
Arrive at work and clock in. I would then restock and organize clothing racks. While organizing I would help customers by checking them out or helping them find a particular item. At closing I would clean up the store and assist the managers in other closing duties.
Pros
good pay
Cons
boring and mediocre management
Fast paced environment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 7, 2017
JCPenny's was a wonderful experience for me, I collated and assembled printed projects by sorting and moving periodically to reach and hit every deadline.
Boring and stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 4, 2017
Eddie Bauer is an outdoor, active clothing store. Working here is kind of a nightmare. As a sales associate you will barely get more than 12 hours a week at minimum wage. You are pressured by your managers to make many sales and push credit cards onto your customers in those 12 hours a week. However, if you get all closing shifts, which start at 5 pm and end at 9 pm, you will see less than ten customers walk through the door in a night. And of those ten, maybe five are doing more than just wandering around the mall, but for that day you will still be given a goal to open 3 credit accounts and make sales of 400 dollars or something crazy. The nice part of working for Eddie Bauer is that you get an amazing discount. 40 percent off the whole store if I remember correctly. Their clothes are good quality and can last a long time too. But, still, be prepared to get 40 dollars a day, with no benefits, and pressure from your managers to make sales, even though if you do, you don't see a dime more. It would be a good job for somebody retired or some kid fresh out of high school who needs spending money.
Pros
Good clothes, good discount
Cons
Horrible pay, no hours, high pressure environment
Good Starter
VISUAL MANGER/SALES/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 3, 2017
Great place to start out. One of the only retail stores to start pay above all other retail stores. Teaches you how to work on your own and be independent with great options to get promoted.
The company consistently stays true to the brand
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 2, 2017
The company remains true to the values upon which it was founded. They have some of the best customer service policies in the business and truly stand behind their products and people. They are behind the times in their compensation for managers.
Great Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 1, 2017
Eddie Bauer has definitely helped me learned how to reach a goal. Since we are provided with individual sales goals, I have learned what it takes to put in the hard work to achieve my goal.
It was a good job to have
Picker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHApril 30, 2017
I learned to pick and ship products

It was good i had no problems with anyone

Workplace Culture
It was good to work there with the people i met there met some wonderful people
Great part-time job
Customer Service Representative-Call Center (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAApril 28, 2017
I worked at the call-center and it was a great part-time job. I worked evenings, so was able to be a stay-at-home mom during the day. Worked well with our family schedule.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Decent job
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHApril 27, 2017
Eddie bauer decent job decent benifits nice friendly co workers and cool down too earth supervisers. If you need some money in your pocket this wouldnt be the worst choice
The Most Enjoyable part of the Job
Store Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2017
My staff in the store was fun, energetic, and, always willing to assist customers. They were open to suggestions and eager to help build sales. Indeed, this made the job more enjoyable.
Pros
My staff and my customers.
Cons
Integrity was not of importance in the selling culture.
Seasonal help
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 22, 2017
I was only hired as a seasonal employee during the holidays in 2012. My responsibilities were not much as I folded clothes and helped with the up keep of the store. It was a fun place to work for the time I was there.
Nice environment fun and friendly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORApril 17, 2017
I have enjoyed my time at this company, if you are looking for a way to engage and get to know your customers this is a great place! The team is great and they teach you a lot about different products.
Really fun workplace, great discounts, great management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 17, 2017
I love working here. I get good hours, I really like most of my coworkers. Management is fun and has great communication. The atmosphere is busy but inviting.
Pros
Awesome discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Great for all people
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Obetz, OHApril 17, 2017
It was a great place to work fast paced and good incentive and wish it wasn't seasonal
And it was full of hands on trainers who made it easy to want to come to work and love the environment and the people
Pros
Free lunches great gifts
Cons
Great teams and great customers.
Stock Lead, Shipping/Receiving, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tilton, NHApril 17, 2017
There was something new everyday. New challenges and new people with whom to work with and interact with.
Nothing negative to say about this company.
Pros
Cons
Nothing to mention
Decent place to work if you believe in the product
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILApril 17, 2017
The organizational structure is pretty standard, however at the retail level each employee has an equal opportunity to make an impact on sales and advance their careers without too much barrier. Within the first month of working hard and improving my skills in the retail environment, I was offered a management position. Clearly there is an opportunity for advancement, however the company could do more to get its employees to believe in the products they are selling. On paper, the products were great, offering top of the line clothing and outerwear that could withstand the worst of conditions, however many of the employees (in my store at least) were not personally invested in the products, and therefore could not give a proper testimony to the customers. This could offer a very genuine review to the customers which may increase sales for the company.
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHApril 16, 2017
I will be willing to work for Eddie Bauer again left on good terms , great place to work

excellent benefits
great hourse , good people to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Bauer. Our community is ready to answer.