Eddie Bauer

Eddie Bauer Employer Reviews

Excellent work environment, terrible management
Social Media Representative (Former Employee), Groveport, OHApril 22, 2014
Pros: co-workers are friendly and productive
Cons: management doesn't seem to know what to do
Working at Eddie Bauer wasn't bad; however the management is only in it for themselves and are not as willing to help their subordinates along as they say they are.
Customers
Guide (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCApril 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: working til 10pm at nights and leaving around 11pm
Selling merchandise to customers and trying to upsell additional merchandise. Checking people out. Dressing the mannequins and straightening merchandise on tables.
VERY PRODUCTIVE, RELAXING AND FUN
Stock Person (Current Employee), Bridgewater NJApril 14, 2014
It has been, and still is an amazing opportunity. Love the place very much.
Typical Sales Associate Job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Aurora, OHApril 9, 2014
The customers are wonderful and the product is solid. I have had no issues with the company.
A freindly environment
Sales and Stock Associate (Former Employee), Birch Run, MIApril 7, 2014
Pros: pay raise
Cons: hours varied depending on performance.
Welcomed customers into the store sincerely and energetically. Acknowledged all customers in my zone to ensure one hundred percent floor coverage. Put styles together for the customer to build a sale and to demonstrate the Eddie Bauer style. I learned how to get out of my comfort zone. Management was excellent and my co-workers were fun. The hardest – more... part of the job was trying to sell add on like a credit card or a special item for the month. The most enjoyable part was everyone worked as a team to accomplish the sales goal and we were rewarded for our effort. – less
Okay job, but wasn't flexible with my schedule.
Sales (Former Employee), Medford, OregonApril 4, 2014
Okay job, but wasn't flexible with my schedule. I realized that the job really wasn't for me because I didn't like competition with my co workers. In my opinion, sales jobs should be a team effort and not a competition to see who can sell the most.
Freindly Customers
Sales Associate in sports and outerwear (Former Employee), Citrus Park MallApril 4, 2014
Pros: ac
Cons: no pay
Nice store and you get discounts on clothing while employed.
Cashiered, handled major credit cards, cash and checks.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 30, 2014
A typical work day consisted of folding clothes to make the store was neat and tidy, making sure the customer was satisfied and greeted customers who would enter the store. I learned that team work, respect and hard work will benefit in a good way at the end of the day. The managers at Eddie Bauer were respectful and they helped anytime we had a concern. – more... MY co-workers were friendly, polite, respectful and hard working. The hardest part of the job was making sure all of the clothes were wrinkle free before we displayed them, the most enjoyable part of the job was being around all of the co-workers and meeting new people everyday. – less
Fun place to work with children and childhood activities
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Colonie, NYMarch 24, 2014
As a Site Director for the YMCA, I was in charge of about 10 children. I would have to make plans for daily activities for the children from snack selections, arts and crafts, homework time, games for cognitive development and ways to get the children to be social. I enjoyed this job very much as I love working with children and the job gave me great – more... enjoyment. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lincoln City, ORMarch 18, 2014
Though I only worked for Eddie Bauer during a summer season I spent at the beach, I enjoyed the culture and the quality of employees and products which I was allowed to work.
An enjoyable work atmosphere.
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 18, 2014
I love helping and interacting with customers. My co-workers make it even more fun at work. We're all a team to help each other and the goals of the store.
Good place to work.
buffer (Current Employee), Groveport, OhioMarch 12, 2014
Good place to work. The supervisors are nice. I have learned alot from them. easy going co-workers. not a very hard job to so.
Great company that supports an active lifestyle!
Assistant Sales Leader and Product Guide (Current Employee), Concord, NCMarch 7, 2014
Awesome company to work for! Offers great benefits even for part-time associates! Stand behind their products!
fast moving, mostly enjoyable workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Marysville, WAMarch 2, 2014
Customers were mostly very nice and I've grown tremendously with the company. Co-workers were fun to work with and easy to work with as a team. The hardest part of the job was selling credit cards. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with.
Fun and passionate work environment with legendary customer service
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Germantown, TNMarch 2, 2014
As a Co-Manager at Eddie Bauer, a typical day of work was eight hours with a one hour lunch break. The store was open 10am-8pm Monday through Friday and 12pm-5:30pm on Sundays. I worked 5 days a week either 9am-6pm or 11:30am-8:30pm and one Sunday a month. (sometimes more if needed) My morning routine was to count the safe, print of paperwork and analyze – more... and review the results from the prior day, fill out our sales and payroll book, and come up with individual sales goals for each manager and associate that was scheduled to work that day based on the stores sales goal as a whole. Next, I would check our company's intranet for updates and complete that if necessary. Finally, I would complete ship outs or transfers as needed and receive shipment when it arrived.
I was the brand manager and once or twice a month I planned and executed a floor set. This involved working overnight. The visuals and product had to be in place before opening the next morning.
In the 7 plus years I worked at Eddie Bauer, I learned what legendary service really is. I also learned how to work well with a group of people and that teamwork is the most important thing. I learned how to be more assertive and how to respond to change in a very positive way. I went from being a sales associate and learning how to use the register to being a manager and learning everything that goes on behind the scenes. For example, I learned how to analyze product performance, store performance, and replenishment reports. I also learned how to plan and manage my time. I worked under a total of six different store managers while I was at Eddie Bauer and two different District Directors. The most recent management team I was privileged to work with was great! It was a very fun and energetic company to work for. My co-workers and myself were very passionate about the products we sold. Product knowledge is one of the most important things, so I did daily training and role plays with each associate to keep us up to date on the changes. The hardest part of the job was having to work 50 and 60 hours some weeks. This was usually during the holidays or when seasons were changing and we had to completely change the style of the store. However, my job was brand presentation and visuals so I enjoyed it! The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers. I loved helping them find exactly what they were shopping for. If we didn't have it in the store, I would find it by calling other stores and having it shipped to the customer, calling our catalog, or ordering it online. I would do whatever needed to be done to make the customer happy. In return, I had and still have close relationships with many customers that shopped at my Eddie Bauer store. – less
Productive and enjoyable work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Burlington, WAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: free food in breakroom
Cons: minimal hours
The employes in the company are very genuine and care about you and the jobs very much. Having the opportunity to work with such a great crew makes work an enjoyable place to go. I have learned to become more productive with customer service and reaching personal sales goals. The hardest part of the job is knowing some customers do not always wish to – more... be helped so a new approach is necessary in order to reach quotas. – less
Fun workplace and organized
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Helping set-up a store, placing merchandise in the proper place, learned how a store comes together, how much effort it takes, greet every customer with s smile, offered help when needed and thanked every one for coming.
OK OVER ALL
sales guide (Former Employee), SAINT LOUIS MO.February 10, 2014
I LIKED IT BUT IT WAS TO FAR AWAY AND THE HOURS WAS LITTLE TO NOTHIN SO THATS WHY I HAD TO GO. BUT OVER ALL THEY WERE OK
Fun Place to Work!
Customer Service and Sales (Current Employee), Folsom, CAFebruary 10, 2014
It's a great place for an outgoing individual who likes to engage with the public. EB is known for a quality product and it's easy to sell.
Hired but get no hours
retail associate guide (Current Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 9, 2014
Was hired on as a sales guide, but I never get any hours. I get one day a week MAYBE. It actually costs me more money to go to work than I am making. It's decent working here when I actually get scheduled

1 2 3 4 5

About Eddie Bauer

Nonagenarian Eddie Bauer is looking to the future with a focus on the past. The multichannel retailer operates some 370 stores – Read more