Eddie Bauer Employee Reviews

Eddie Bauer
Assistant Store Manager- Sales Manager (Current Employee), asheville,ncJuly 29, 2015
Pros: lifetime guarantee on EB products
Cons: poor management, you feel like a cog, everything is based on metrics
This company is great for customers,but horrible for employees. The company constantly stresses sales metrics. It doesn't matter how many items that you sell,because the metrics that the company uses creates a cutt throat enviroment,
Great place to start
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Novi, MIJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Discount on clothes
Cons: everything else
I learned a lot from here but not much room for advancement.
You get absolutely no training here.

If you are going to work mall retail then this is one of the better places to work but shop around. If you can get this job, chances are you could get a better one if you look. Make sure you ask thorough questions in your interview. Don't let them make it sound better than it really is.
Family like work environment, A fun atmosphere to work.
Associate Sales Manager (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 28, 2015
Starting with replenishment report and delegating completion. Daily Dash Board analysis of the previous day, opening Store: tills and safe.Administer a High Impact Take 5 ( Motivate team to excel and drive moment for the greatest impact of store success for the day)
I've learned the highest level of customer service and to treat every customer with respect and the utmost of selling service.
All coworkers have their strengths and weaknesses. The success of a work day is to play off each associate to positively affect the business.
New Floor sets are the biggest challenge of the job. only the physicality of the task.
Selling and interacting with the customers is the most enjoyable part of the job.
seasonal position on sales floor
Customer Service (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 27, 2015
assisting customers, stocking floor, maintenance of show room floor ie folding, straightening of cloths, picking up anything clothing or debris from floor, assisting where needed.
Fun, fast paced, easy going work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 27, 2015
Pros: discount, Work life balance, work environment, flexibility, bonus, paid time off
Cons: part time, health care, hours
Work shifts are generally short. 4 hours, however with 8 hour days depending on availability and scheduling needs. On call shifts are minimal, and only used if completely necessary. Management has a great handle on balancing labor. It is a retail job, and with that comes its own downfalls. But as retail goes this company is a great one to work for. Healthcare and most benefits are only available to full time employees which are usually only managers in the retail industry. Eddie Bauer does offer associates who average 20 hours per week paid time off. This is a new benefit, so I am not completely aware of how much is accrued. There is an opportunity for a sales bonus if the store makes plan and you make your monthly plan. The only flaws I have found in this system is that both are an expectation to bonus vs bonusing individual based on sales goals and it is a set bonus rate vs a percentage of sales bonus like other companies I have worked for. The company is still learning and growing as this is also a new idea for them. I expect them to have some more changes to this plan in coming years as they learn and grow. Technology is a little far behind, but making a comeback as they continue to expand and grow stores. The people you work with vary in age. Many have been with the company for many years. I personally have not seen a lot of turnover, with many seasonal associates returning year after year. The hardest part of the job is gaining product knowledge. We have an associate Facebook page that is used often to gain knowledge from associates all over the country, – more... as well as share of we live our adventure. Eddie Bauer is an active company, and encourages associates to live their adventures. Top sales associates in the company recieve the opportunity to have a week long outing. They are flown into Seattle to meet other top sales associates for a week of hiking, dinners, and other activities. The discount is fantastic, and well worth is for the quality of clothing. – less
Fun workplace, friendly coworkers, grateful customers.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Fun workplace/ Exciting and wide array of merchandise/ Great employee discounts.
Cons: Minimal advancement for increased pay/ Very few locations/ Slow pace environment.
Helping customers is Eddie Bauer's #1 concern. Quality in the products they sell, and customer satisfaction is very important to the company and its customers. My favorite part was getting to know all the product (especially their clothing and backpacks!). Part of the employee's job was to try on clothing in order to better sell it to customers!
eddie bauer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Groveport, OHJuly 18, 2015
Pros: great money
Cons: mto way too much
i loved this job i made great money,they worked with my schedule no matter what i loved majority of the managers there.I just overalll loved my job
Great Co-workers and Great Products
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Employee discount on merchandise
Cons: Limited Hours for Part Time
Clothing is not for everybody. Numbers focused but nothing crazy. Pay is lower. Benefits only for full-time employees
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJuly 10, 2015
A nice little company where you can hone your skills as a salesman. they give you all the tools to succeed and continue to coach you through your mistakes.
Broken promises
General Manager (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 8, 2015
I was never trained although they knew from the very start that I had never even worked in clothing retail, let alone managed it. I was assured that all the training would be provided but that never happened. No support whatsoever from HR or DM or anyone else in the company you try to contact. If you are not a high volume store in the Chicago area, YOU MAY AS WELL JUST FORGET YOU EVEN EXIST! The most unethical business I could ever imagine, especially one who supposedly stands for "living an adventure"! It was quite an adventure to say the least!
Confused organization attempting to find themselves with no vision, culture, or employee understanding.
General Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PAJune 24, 2015
Pros: The Team YOU build. The culture YOU create. The empathy YOU provide.
Cons: No company culture or core values, unrealistic expectations with hours provided, high turnover, poor pay, feared leadership tactics, strenuous workloads, poor District Leaders
Unfortunately the company has lost control of what made Eddie Bauer a super powerhouse brand for the outdoorsman. Of those being heritage, culture, product, employee relations, and the simple understanding of a humans well-being. I have never worked for an organization that did not embrace constructive feedback, creativity, leadership, and evolution. If you can relate to any of the words just mentioned, this is not a place you will come to embrace as they will certainly not embrace you. Coming from a very competent and intensive training background I have never experienced an on-boarding/training process so unorganized, sporadic, poor, disengaging, and utterly pathetic than with Eddie Bauer. The company embraces a herd mentality and exhibits brutal and unrealistic expectations from their employees which is apparent with such abnormal turnover rates. They only wish to employ those who they know they can easily control and manipulate through feared leadership. They are still trying to compete and quite frankly mimic with brands outside of their root system such as Under Armour, Lululemon, Nike, and other major athletic brands. Eddie Bauer is attempting to grasp a more youthful demographic and it is destroying its core customer who has remained loyal to them for many generations who is is beginning to turn away. The young consumer will never associate Eddie Bauer into their wardrobe because it's always been known to be worn by their fathers and grandfathers. Don't change what works... Very disappointing to see this company struggle to figure itself out at this point. It will very likely be sold once again in the near future as the company is funding the wrong elements in order for sustained growth.
not recomended for teenagers
Sales associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Tilton, NHJune 19, 2015
It was nice and calm at eddie bauer i enjoyed it but if you dont have a car or licence this isnt for you. I had the day off and they called me 20 mins before the shift they wanted me to cover. I lived a half hour away and didnt have a ride there so they were not to happy... plus i needed to get ready ( i was at a beach) it was really stressful!
Working for Eddie Bauer
Customer Service Representative/Sales Team (Former Employee), Groveport, OHJune 15, 2015
Working at Eddie Bauer you never knew what your work day was going to be like, there was constant change everyday, I did learn how to work and operate in different positions in the company such as sales agent, customer service agent, and floor walker. The co workers were very nice, most people kept to themselves. The hardest part of working at Eddie Bauer is was getting use to the constant changes everyday and adjusting to the new rules that were set everyday. The best part about working at Eddie Bauer was learning being a floor walker and helping the new people on the floor get use to their systems and their phone calls.
eddie bauer
transfer / cashier (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJune 10, 2015
Pros: air conditiioning
Cons: hours part time
store to store transfers
processing inventory
cashier
sales
maintain back end of store
time management
team work
good place to work part time
Exciting portfolio of projects
Project/Program Manager (Current Employee), Westmont, ILJune 7, 2015
I've enjoyed working at Eddie Bauer and the opportunity I've had to work on some exciting and large projects. The people are dedicated and are a pleasure to work with.
Sales Consultant
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Gilroy, CAJune 7, 2015
No room for moving up in the company, high turnover rate for sales consultants. Only would recommend this job for a first teenager's job with little or no experience in customer service.
good place to work
Quality Assurance (Based in Sri Lanka) (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJune 3, 2015
every day can learn and high quality standard
good Product range( from blouse to havy weight jacket / trousers / padded jacket ) and different fabric type meets in every season.
Very efficient and friendly staff/managment with a very goal driven environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), North Bend, WAJune 2, 2015
Pros: Management, staff and flexible schedule.
Cons: The stock room was not properly organized.
At Eddie Bauer I carried two positions. One of which, I was a sales associate half of the time and learned how to have a very direct and friendly sales experience with each customer. The other half of the times I was receiving and processing the store shipment . There was generally be 50 boxes or more a day and I learned how to work at a fast but efficient pace. Management was so helpful and that company was definitely the best one I have ever worked for.
productive
Call center representative (Former Employee), Groveport, OHMay 29, 2015
Typical day was answering the phones and either making orders or dealing with a complaint. i learned how to be patient with customers. my co workers were cool.
Highly productive environment with great co-workers
Logistics Lead (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 28, 2015
A typical day consists of processing shipment, assisting customers, and supporting management with daily operations. Occasionally, I will train new managers about branding, product knowledge, operations, and product placement and strategies. I work with a great group of people and management always strives to help you become a better employee. It is a team effort. The best part of the job is making a customer’s day when they least expect it, by remembering who they are and what they like.