Eddie Bauer Employee Reviews

Friendly people and understanding manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 29, 2016
I honestly loved working here. Tanzania, the general manager, was very nice and understanding. She made sure she hired good and genuine people. I never had a problem with any coworkers. I had to leave this job, however because I wasn't getting enough hours. The hours are enough for a high school student but not a struggling college student.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
credit card quotas must be met
Productive and fun management team
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 29, 2016
The staff is great and your consistently learning new things about our products and the interaction with the regular customers is fantastic. What i love the most is that when you see a customer who comes and is changing there life style and they want to begin to wear you product. Its an amazing feeling to help them out and get them fitted for a new wardrobe.
okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tilton, NHNovember 28, 2016
very difficult to schedule shifts around my availability. Fine if it will be your only job, however it was my third. Fun staff, great managers!
N/a
Brand Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 22, 2016
Unfortunately, the company filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy back in 2009. Only one store is left in Orlando, two other stores including my location were closed.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
High stress position
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 14, 2016
-Company promotions change almost daily, sometimes within the same day. Incredibly inconsistent.
-Upper management has been there forever, so little room for advancement above a SM position.
-Very little work-life balance. Many managers in my district, including myself, worked almost every day to complete everything needed to run the store, no matter the volume. This was not inferred during the interview- they boast about having a great work-life balance and benefits. Yes, you get a generous amount of PTO days but there is little time to actually take these days if your store is down in business (which most are) or understaffed (which most are).
-Payroll issues. Not enough payroll to run the store. Upper management will say it's doable, but it's a hard balancing act between selling, doing task hours in the back, and then preventing theft in the front on top of training your staff to be exceptional sellers.
-Culture is there- they have a well-known brand but are struggling to identify themselves in the marketplace by dipping into too many niches. They need to go back to what they are known for and not try to reach a vast age group.
Pros
PTO time, salary
Cons
Work-Life balance, upper management, room for advancement
Inadequate Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 9, 2016
The job required you to know the products of both the men's and women's and to help the customers when needed. The sales associates also spent time cleaning the store and making sure that the products were presentable at all times for the customers to enjoy. I learned to be honest with your employees when you are not sure what is going on. The manager was new but with her previous experience as a district manager she thought she knew how sales worked. She would also cut hours and would not tell the person scheduled until they came into the store. I learned to call people and to communicate well with the staff in order to have a smooth running store. The hardest part of the job was doing well in sales but the management wanted to be the best so they would cut your hours. The best part of this job was having really good discounts on the merchandise.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
short breaks, inadequate management
Eddie Baurer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 8, 2016
This company provided great ways to succeed and grow in the company. The management was very helpful and willing to help any associates improve. They were a great company to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2016
Typical day at work can be very fulfilling because you meet people that are visiting our city, that they come from all over the world too shop. What i have learned from Eddie Bauer is our job is to always make the customer happy as well as know the product. Management team is great, I have been with this company for eight years working part-time and every sales associate I have worked with I have enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job meeting our goals if the customer a given day. The most enjoyable part of the is knowing our regulars customer and meeting new ones.
Fun workplace with great work life balance
Co Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAOctober 17, 2016
Great company to work for. Lots of opportunity to advance in management level. Higher up managers are great and actually create a relationship with employees at all stores. Just need a bit more up to date processes of doing every day things and better communication between corporate office and stores
Stay focuse and Dedicated too your work and you shouldn't have a problem .
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 26, 2016
The work is easy for the most part the people are nice if you stay on task you should be fine you may have benefit though the company such as dentil or health care the breaks are far you have two 15min breaks and one 30min lunch the people that work over you like supervisor will notice your dedication over all it's a really nice place to work .
Good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 24, 2016
Everyone was helpful, they were good to be around if you were in a pinch they would step up and help. The hardest part about leaving was the friends I made there
Sophomoric Work Atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 23, 2016
The absolute best part of the experience of working at Eddie Bauer is the customers. The hardest part of the job was working in an immature and insecure store environment. Where triangulation was the norm. A positive atmosphere was not created by the store manager, per SOP, very sophomoric for her age. Her behavior obviously endorsed by her DD.
Pros
Beautiful store, quiet atmosphere, outstanding customer base.
Cons
Out Performed (Sales), and Performing same work as, full time ASM..SM, and CO SM, and not receiving adequate compensation...
Enjoyed the associates I worked with.
Operational Trainer for Pick Department (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 22, 2016
I loved the company. It was a great work place until I broke my ankle and the HR department told me that they couldn't accommodate me so they pushed me out of my job. They told me that there was nothing more they could do to help me and pushed me to leave.
Pros
great work enviroment, and good people to work with.
Cons
Bad management, and horrible supervisor
Friendly staff, Quiet atmosphere, Competitive Spirit
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 19, 2016
Great place to grow as a young manager and be supported by the right kind of leadership. Today's more outdoor and hiking approach is much better than its "Talbots" type fashion from years ago.
Laid back atmosphere
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OhioSeptember 19, 2016
This was an environment that made you feel at home. They were very relaxed and laid back. The training program was excellent and there was plenty of opportunities for advancements. When there were any updates to policies or procedures it was immediately communicated to the employees.
Pros
Communication between departments
Cons
Schedule changed frequently
Very Nice working enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 18, 2016
A typical day at eddie bauers it was fun they made the job for us to work comfortable. The mangers were very on top of everything thats what i loved most bout the job,
Pros
Good overtime
Cons
2nd shift hours
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 15, 2016
I ran the cash register, assisted customers in finding what they were looking for and maybe what they weren't. I helped put up displays, and take them down. I kept the store clean and organized. I learned how to fold clothes so they are all look the same size. I learned how retail works and how to listen to the customer to help them find what they are looking for.
Pros
I received a discount when I shopped at Eddie Bauer.
Cons
Your hours were based on your sales. If you were scheduled to work the floor, and not the register, and you did "cash" someone out, then it reflected poorly on you.
Seasonal Work
Retail Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 10, 2016
This was something that I wanted to do during the off season.
I enjoyed working in retail. Not alot money to pay out but it was a great experience.
Working for great people and a well known name.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Seasonal
Short Temporary Job, good co-workers
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAAugust 24, 2016
Only hired on four a few days to assist in moving stores. Began by loading merchandise into moving trucks and offloading at the new location. Mostly focused on learning merchandise and its location on the floor.
Pros
Good environment
Interesting learning experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, NYAugust 20, 2016
The employees are great to work with. Some of the upper management were diffucult to work with. As a manager my life was no longer my own. That was a problem.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Bauer. Our community is ready to answer.