Eddie Bauer Employee Reviews

Nice environment fun and friendly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORApril 17, 2017
I have enjoyed my time at this company, if you are looking for a way to engage and get to know your customers this is a great place! The team is great and they teach you a lot about different products.
Really fun workplace, great discounts, great management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 17, 2017
I love working here. I get good hours, I really like most of my coworkers. Management is fun and has great communication. The atmosphere is busy but inviting.
Pros
Awesome discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Great for all people
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Obetz, OHApril 17, 2017
It was a great place to work fast paced and good incentive and wish it wasn't seasonal
And it was full of hands on trainers who made it easy to want to come to work and love the environment and the people
Pros
Free lunches great gifts
Cons
Great teams and great customers.
Stock Lead, Shipping/Receiving, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tilton, NHApril 17, 2017
There was something new everyday. New challenges and new people with whom to work with and interact with.
Nothing negative to say about this company.
Pros
Cons
Nothing to mention
Decent place to work if you believe in the product
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILApril 17, 2017
The organizational structure is pretty standard, however at the retail level each employee has an equal opportunity to make an impact on sales and advance their careers without too much barrier. Within the first month of working hard and improving my skills in the retail environment, I was offered a management position. Clearly there is an opportunity for advancement, however the company could do more to get its employees to believe in the products they are selling. On paper, the products were great, offering top of the line clothing and outerwear that could withstand the worst of conditions, however many of the employees (in my store at least) were not personally invested in the products, and therefore could not give a proper testimony to the customers. This could offer a very genuine review to the customers which may increase sales for the company.
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHApril 16, 2017
I will be willing to work for Eddie Bauer again left on good terms , great place to work

excellent benefits
great hourse , good people to work with
Love to Micromanage and boring
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 14, 2017
The environment here is very slow-paced. The management doesn't allow you to think outside the box and do anything other than what you are told to do. Part of my daily job responsibilities were to stand inside this goose emblem on the floor by the door and just greet customers. No folding clothes, no nothing else. So boring.
Pros
There's only one in the area
Cons
Boring
Relaxed atmosphere focused on customer experience
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLApril 14, 2017
Culture surrounded around doing the right thing for the customer. A lot of 1 on 1 interaction. Employees, including upper management, was very passionate about the brand.
Great people
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHApril 13, 2017
A typical day at work starts with logging into my phone to either take orders or assist customers with orders that they have places. I have learned a lot about retail and business and how it affects the global economy. The management is always ready to explain and provide knowledge to give you a better understand of how what we do is important and how that effects our overall goal. The culture at Eddie Bauer is very friendly and helpful I have gained friends that I know I will have for a long time. The hardest part of my job is gaining the trust of the customer to reassure them that I am there to help them and resolve any issues they may have, but once that I have their trust then I am always able to assist them and resolve their issues. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people they make all the hard work easy and great place to come and spend half of your day.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Limited advancements
Excellent Establishment
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 8, 2017
Great company with excellence mentors and leaders. Amazing benefits and opportunity with many doors to open. Wonderful clients/customers with amazing products to work with.
Good environment for personal growth
USA - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALApril 6, 2017
Working at Eddie Bauer strengthened my customer service skills. Every day it was my duty to approach and guide each customer through the store. Having such a responsibility gave me the opportunity to develop confidence in myself. The only downfall to this, is that oftentimes employees are pressured to approach customers who do not wish to be bothered, resulting in unhappy customers.

What I enjoyed most about working for Eddie Bauer was the continuous workload. Working in retail, I have found that there is always room for improvement, whether that be re-organizing the store, assisting a customer, or better acquainting oneself with the stores product. Since we were always bringing out new product, one can never grow bored.

Regrettably, I found that there were only a handful of staff members who were genuinely dedicated to their work. Oftentimes I would find myself working alone on the floor as my coworkers stood by chatting or disappeared from the floor altogether. The managers failed at making their employees feel valued and motivated. Many employees often felt as though they were being disrespected and talked down to by management, which resulted in poor preformance.
Pros
Available hours, plenty of work, regular breaks.
Cons
Atmosphere
Stretching leadership too thin
Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2017
The store teams LOVE the brand and are dedicated to their customer.

Senior Management has little regard for the employee's personal life. Recently many dedicated employees have lost their positions for trivial reasons. They are cutting talent to save the bottom line. Corporate and field payroll has been cut too far. The company is suffering.
OutGoing worked place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2017
Answering phones helping customers, Providing information for clients . I enjoyed working in this environment cause it was outgoing in nice overtime hours.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Ghetto
Horrible place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMarch 23, 2017
Where do I start Eddie Bauer cares very little about their employees.
The work environment is very unprofessional, all management does is sit around and gossip and talk about the employees. Very dull working environment.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Exciting and fast pace work enviorment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILMarch 18, 2017
A typical day consist of working at the register assisting customers with their transactions. When there are no customers to ring up, there is usually shipment to work on or recovering the floor. Greeting each and every customer is very important. I learned how to board flood and how to grow a better connection with all of my customers. The management is very understanding and open to every associates opinion. The management wants every associate to be the best they can. The hardest part of the job is to open a credit card. However, it never hurts to just ask. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a customer on the floor to find and buy more than they came in for.
Pros
snacks
Cons
must clock out for a fifteen minute break
Terrible team managment, unreachable goals with shortstaffed teams and barely hours to cover basic needs.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLMarch 18, 2017
Micromanagement from corporate, reduced payroll for way too much workload, sometimes you're running the store in the middle of the season on two on two coverage.
Great company with outstanding Leaders.
Field. (Current Employee) –  Field LeadershipMarch 18, 2017
- Top notch field leadership. - Amazing support at the Corporate level. - Top training programs. - Corporate and Field partnerships are very strong. - Company culture is amazing.
Pros
Field Leadership, Tenure and Commitment.
Cons
Compensation.
interesting time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 15, 2017
During my time at eddie bauer it was an interesting time. it was during the time when Jos. A. Bank was thinking about buying them out. The management did not communicate well with us and it was not a fun place to work at.
Decent workplace.
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMarch 14, 2017
Decent place of work one of my first job and I wasn't expecting the unorganized and dirty environment and rude management stayed for as long as I could before reaching enough of it and found another job.
Too good to be true
Management position (Former Employee) –  New york stateMarch 11, 2017
Don't do it!! Yes, they are a good company overall and provide excellent benefits but they have no idea what they are doing. Directions change every week. Promotions are super easy, but when you fall out of the good graces of the upper management you might as well quit, they will make your life horrible. Passive aggressive attitudes non stop, hostile work environments, and back stabbing gossip. YOU become their scapegoat for poor numbers, no matter how well you preform. I'm too old to deal with that kind of nonsense...run...run as fast as you can. Hold out for something better and less stressful with less teenage girl drama from adult women.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management, long hours, mixed messages, blame game, drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Bauer. Our community is ready to answer.