Eddie Bauer Employee Reviews

Life with Eddie
Associate Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMarch 6, 2017
Mornings were filled with filling in financials and restocking the floors while assisting customers with any needs, questions, or concerns. Multi-tasking is a must and finding the balance is learned. Management needs to do a better job of top down with the information and listen to the people working with the customers and making the sales. I loved the people I worked and still keep in touch with them. I believe the hardest part of the job was being on call and working long holidays.
Pros
loyal customer base
Cons
llittle incentives that could have pushed sales associates
Good place to work and learn but sour atmosphere
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Westmont, ILMarch 2, 2017
This is a good place to learn a lot of stuff. But some of the folks can be sour and jaded. The management expects only seasoned professionals -- not much training. The learning is self taught. Lots of tedious on-call duty.
Pros
casual dress, salary, suburban location
Cons
stressful on-call duty
Good Experience
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 28, 2017
The atmosphere at Eddie Bauer was great and fun. The management was fair and always understanding issues in regards to personal issues. Also the break room was big.
Pros
Great envoirment
Cons
The building was dusty.
Epitome of a Dead End Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2017
Eddie Bauer prides themselves on their return policy which the public tends to abuse. You help and ring up customers. You fold clothes. You try to make personal and store goals for the day, week and month.
Pros
Generous discount on merchandise.
Cons
No healthcare option. No reasonable raise in pay. Some rarely make 8 hours a week. Short break.
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 7, 2017
I learned how to sell products to a diverse clientele. The work culture was friendly and interactive. The hardest part of the job was to meet a certain quota. The most enjoyable part was the staff and clients.
Pros
Great manager, friendly workspace
It pays the bills.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHFebruary 6, 2017
My review on this simple. My time spent there as an employee with hopes of a permanent job were high. As the ad said seasonal to fulltime, in a meeting I had with a group of other co-workers unknown that it would be my last day there. The manager of my supervisor said and I quote, " we hardly ever hire seasonals on to full time associates."
Pros
Holiday lunches, giveaways.
Cons
Long unnecessary hours, disorganized.
no work
Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 31, 2017
working for Eddie Bauer was fun because i met new people and gota chance to learn different job areas the hardest part of the job was being sent home early because of not enough work for workers, also learning that i was supposed to be mking $10.60 but was getting cheated and was only paid $10.00 on certain accasions.
Pros
good manager
Cons
lack of work
Get outdoors is the motto so I left
Co- Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 31, 2017
This company has to step up to the modern world. I would spend entirely too much time in this place and they always wanted to compensate you for doing activities outdoors. Somehow I got the message and read between the lines and decided to take my talents elsewhere. Now I have lots of free time and actually can do more and I assumed more responsibility at the new job. Imagine that!
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Poor work life balance
Great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 24, 2017
I have fully loved working for Eddie Bauer the past 2.5 years. This company has let me grow into exactly what I have wanted to accomplish with my degree. It is a great learning experience, really letting me dive deep into the actual business and understand it all.
fun happy upbeat place to work
Cashier/Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 23, 2017
nice company great people , wonderful product we sold. i would definitely recommend the job to anyone. i was there for a short period of time but i loved every moment of it
Is a great environment to work for.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJanuary 22, 2017
Eddie Bauer was one ofy to understand a the the best jobs I ever work for. The environment is friendly and people are great and management is awesome. System is easy well.
micromanaged
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJanuary 22, 2017
I was seasonal and was not use to the micromanage this company has. You are watched too much, no trust it seemed. You are followed on your calls and the time you sign in and out . Supervisors were not professional and the dress code too laxed.
Pros
discounts for staff
Cons
being micromanaged
Productive and fun enviorment
Assistant Store Manager(Traveling) (Current Employee) –  BurbanJanuary 21, 2017
The customer service standards are like no other. Fast paced fun environment. Great benefits and pay! Upper management wants to see you the person, succeed.
Pros
Pay. Benefits. Upper management. Customer service standards.
Cons
I wouldn't quite say this is a con, but there is a lot to learn with product knowledge.
It's retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJanuary 18, 2017
Eddie Bauer is a great store. It was my first job and it was an okay experience overall. It's not a bad place to work for a young kid as a first job over the course of a summer
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay
Good clothes, good customer service, good job
Guide (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHJanuary 3, 2017
The clothing is well made, and the guarantee can't be beat. I learned about materials, wicking, insulation, etc. I dress better now than I did before having worked there.
Ok company for non career work
Call Center Seasonal Lead/CSA/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJanuary 1, 2017
The company needs work on treating their dedicated employees with respect and support. I see too much gossip among the supervisors and such a lack of caring.
May not be in business long
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2016
Great 1940's and 50's company that is still stuck in the 50's and may not be in business long.
Surviving on cash from investors but wasting the money with no results.
Poor management
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHDecember 26, 2016
Worked 2 months. Was promised a lot of things but never went through. The management sucks. Was treated like a slave I switched shifts to help them out and was never acknowledged for it
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits nabagement
Not a fun job
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Castleton, INDecember 16, 2016
If you don't like being very pushy with customers you won't like working here. They are big on credit card sales, and no one wants an eddie bauer credit card, but they make you really shove it down the customers throat or else you "didn't try very hard". You also are required to wear eddie bauer clothing.
Pros
Big discount
Cons
Strict rules
Lex-Fayette Location
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYDecember 15, 2016
Management is poor and the hours are not consistent. Management has no desire to solve problems brought up by Sales Associates. Favorites are chosen by Management.
Pros
Employee Discount, Interaction with great customers, and flexible work schedule.
Cons
Management has favorites, inconsistency with hours, and no attention toward associate problems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Bauer. Our community is ready to answer.