Eddie Bauer Employee Reviews

Great Brand, Poor management, especially at Corp. level.
Employee payroll (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 23, 2015
Stay away, there are too many other fun places to work where you are actually valued as a person, not just numbers on their weekly reports.
Cons
There is no team work. Management "Micros" with little hands on
Customer service based, friendly atmosphere
Sales Guide (Current Employee) –  Birch Run, MINovember 18, 2015
Friendly atmosphere with co-workers and management. Very competitive and must stay on top of everything. Management is very laid back at times but then strict; a fair balance between the two. Job wasn't very challenging unless you didn't hit your numbers. In this case as an associate it was easy to hit your numbers at a certain rate.
Pros
Hiring within the company, management, and friendly atmosphehre
Cons
Hitting numbers to an extent.
Exciting work environment and gained skills in performance clothing!
Sales Guide (Current Employee) –  Greendale, WINovember 11, 2015
A typical day at work involves guidance and strategic goals influenced from management. I gain knowledge of technology fibers and performance wear. The most enjoyable part of the job is looking forward to associate incentives and loyalty rewards! Eddie Bauer really appreciates their employees! Management and coworkers are exciting and drive a healthy competitive atmosphere! The hardest part of the job is not being able to work more and learn more!
Pros
Fill the fridge rewarded for number one store in competitions
Cons
Merchandising is expected to be at company standards rather than what we prefer.
Call center
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHNovember 10, 2015
inbound calls, resolve customer complaints, assist with orders. i learned patience and deductive reasoning skills. management and co-workers are cool. the hardest part of the job is not taking anything personal from an upset customer. The most enjoyable part is a satisfied customer.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
down time
it was not bad
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2015
Management very nice and friendly. Nice schedule. Good experience but if you need more money it is not for you. Thanks for your time
Seasonal job
Merchandise Processor - Seasonal Processor (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHNovember 5, 2015
Seasonal job packing out customer orders. Warehouse was old and gloomy inside. Late hours. Pay ok. Laid off after peak season.
Cons
Nice place to get sales experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2015
This job is great for an introduction into the world of sales and customer service. This is a fast paced, goal oriented environment where team work and individual growth are encouraged. Definitely a great experience.
No work/life balance last two/three years
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 20, 2015
Customer base:
Product great
Profitable
Colleagues eager to help each other succeed
Managers expected to work excessive hours.
Product flow to stores good ancilarry services very supportive to stores
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers and building long lasting relationships with them
Pros
COLLEAGES, PRODUCT
Cons
NO WORK /LIFE BALANCE (LAST TWO/THREE YRS)
team lead
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OhioOctober 20, 2015
I started this job as a seasonal temp and I soon became a team trainer. However it is a warehouse so very repetitively. They did offer a discount and that was a perk.
Pros
discount
Cons
stand in the same spot all day as a packer
Stock Lead, Shipping/Receiving, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tilton, NHOctober 20, 2015
The people were great. I had plenty of chances to express myself and move up within the company. Retail was always something new and challenging and rewarding at the end of the day.
Productive workplace with fun experience
Sales Associate & Client Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 13, 2015
A typical day at wok requires meeting personal goals while ensuring costumers needs to meet satisfaction. Eddie Bauer is managed well and duties are balanced among managers with responsibilities through the day, but often managers do no stay for long periods of time. The hardest part of the job is adjusting to new management when managers leave the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling accomplished as a team by reaching the monthly sales goal at the end of each month.
Pros
management often flexible with scheduling
Cons
Very little raises for employees (bare minimum), discontinued bonus and benefit opportunities for sales associates
Adventerous place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 8, 2015
great fir for my previous experience, very hands on. knowledge and experience essential for day to day operation. unstable management hierarchy.
Pros
comfortable experience environment
Cons
disappointing workplace politics
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  UtahOctober 5, 2015
I enjoyed working for Eddie Bauer. They have a lot of additional compensation available to earn as a management team member. There is a lot of longevity in the management that was on my team and I appreciated that as a new member of the team. The district manager was very helpful and understanding of personal situations. I would go back to Eddie Bauer in a heart beat.
Innovative outdoor outfitter
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Gilroy,Ca.September 20, 2015
Strong emphasis on outreach into the community. Fun atmosphere where you can blend personal interests with work. Currently suffering from a high turnover rate due to a recent shift in workplace structure.
All about the outdoors...knowing and learning all the great details of the product
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 16, 2015
Pretty good company to work for...great bonus program for management. Very consistent with tasks done within stores. Payroll based on sales volume...the more $$$ you make the more payroll you get.
Pros
Great product that lasts forever.
Cons
Upper management not going anywhere for personal advancement.
Pretty Cool
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2015
Really good place to work. You create your own hours. The management is spot on. Best mind set of people I've worked with in years.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VASeptember 10, 2015
The management at Eddie Bauer was astonishing. They were incredible leaders and taught me so much. There was never a dull moment at work and they all made working fun!
I loved the group of people I worked with. We were a team and going to work was a joy.
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCSeptember 9, 2015
Eddie Bauer has changed it's culture in the last several years. It has gone from a very family and team oriented place to being a very individualized place to work. I think the training at Eddie Bauer is top notch and you always have someone to call upon if you need any help or suggestions.
Pros
Great product and wonderful return policy
Cons
Never enough hours to get the jobs done properly
answering inbound calls assisting customers with placing a online order.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 24, 2015
Eddie Bauer was a seasonal position that i actually enjoyed. The job responsibilties were very simple. I loved the flexible hours as well as plenty of over time if desired.
a moderately strict workplace
packer (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHAugust 19, 2015
The management at Eddie Bauer was good, they were strict and made sure we got our work done. At times I was bored just because I had to do the same things over again on a daily basis.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
the amount of workdays