Edelman Employee Reviews in United States

Fast-paced environment and great clientelle
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 12, 2016
Work environment depends on your team. Career progressions depends on your manager. Overall, a great place to start your career. After awhile, the job plateaus.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Overworked
Good work life balance; great benefits;
Senior Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2016
Tough environment but a good work life balance and great benefits. Plenty of diversity in your accounts and opportunity to work across divisions as well.
Senior consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2016
It is a great experience to work for the biggest PR agency in the world. My co-workers and supervisors are great. I am learning a lot.
Great company for everything
Production Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Love this company. Very organized and everyone has passion on their works. Very friendly co-workers, enjoy work with them!
RUN. Very Fast.
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2015
I've been in the workforce for about 15 years and this is the worst place that I've ever been. It is a PR organization, but really it's just sales. You are being hired as a sales person. Period.

And what you sell in, they won't be able to staff or actually do the work. Leadership is not very smart, and incredibly sexist.

No matter what they say, you do not want to work here. And if you do accept a job, you will find what what you are told by recruitment will have zero to do what your actual job will be.

The saying that management is very happy to repeat is that "perception is reality." Which is all fine and good until you're dealing with someone who actually does what you say you can.

Pervasive feelings of inferiority here, and perceived as the worst office in the Edelman network. And in this case, the perception is reality.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Sexist management, dishonest brokers of information to clients and employees
Productive and fun place to work
Public Relations Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 17, 2015
Great experience. The staff is so talented and eager to work. The environment is very welcoming as well. Management is really supportive.
Fun Job Environment, But Tough to Move Forward
Consumer PR Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2015
There are a lot of great people who work at Edelman, matched with great activities to make for a great work environment. This is good, since the agency requires so much time and commitment. You can work very hard and not see much progress in terms of room for promotion. You put a lot in, but aren't guaranteed a lot in return.
Productive and Efficient
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MDOctober 22, 2015
Overall working for Edelman was a great experience, I learned hands on experience regarding international public relations and sales.
Edelman is definitely a great place to work
Assistant Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2015
Edelman is a great organization with many big named clients and projects that will enable you to elevate your career in public relations.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
No cons
Needs to work out the kinks
Freelance Writer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2015
This is a highly personal review, so take it with a grain of salt. I was a freelancer who had no idea what I was being hired to do, and when I explained my experience and that I could be a huge asset as a permanent staff member as a team lead on a consumer brand, I was ignored for the most part and passed along to "the next guy". From what I experienced, this is a growing creative department that needs a lot of work. There was a lot of turnover (both vouluntary and involuntary) in the 4 months I was there, and people who had been there a while seemed scared and jaded. I think the culture has a long way to go. It felt as if there was a clique within the creative department, which is unnecessary and counterproductive - it should be all about creating the best work. I did not feel like they were utilizing me for all my capabilities and people were being hired at extremely senior levels due to "who they know" (hence the clique feeling). That's not to say these aren't talented people, but hiring people who had never lead a team as a VP CD seemed a little extreme. Again, in my opinion. HOWEVER, I would work here full time because it i a privately held company with exceptional benefits, a strong sense of family, and I appreciate a challenge. It would be great to be able to help clients execute 360 campaigns, while molding the culture of a growing department.
Great place to learn after graduating
Health Alliances Assistant Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 25, 2015
I started working at Edelman just after graduation and was hired permanently after being an intern for four months. I love my coworkers and am given a lot of responsibility on a daily basis.
Super big agency life
UX Cordinater (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2015
Talk about scale when referring to the largest PR agency in the world. There are always consultants from publications (NYTimes, Mashable, The Skimm) making appearances and helping the entire team. International reach and big picture thinking.
Pros
Great work environment
Smart people, innovative thinking, poor work life balance
Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoFebruary 20, 2015
One of the best things about working at Edelman is the people and innovative ideas. Leadership has a smart strategy in place and is constantly evolving company to meet market needs. Company is really falling into that sweet spot of integrated marketing comms.

Some of the smartest people I've ever worked with.

The downside is that the compensation is low for long hours and poor career development for mid-level employees.
Pros
smart people, innovative thinking
Cons
compensation, work life balance
Family Owned & Operated and it Shows
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2014
Edelman is a highly desirable place to work. Employees work hard but have the ability to work independently. It is a fusion between marketing and public relations and the skills learned here will prepare you for any future endeavors.
Creative and entrepreneurial
Senior Vice President, Corporate & Public Affairs (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2014
Good agency, top clients, very smart professionals at the top of their field. Fast paced and pressure packed, as you would expect from the largest agency in the heart of the industry. Very focused on the bottom line, as all agencies are, but potentially to the detriment of coaching and advancing young professionals.
Innovative company
Art Director (Former Employee) –  chicago, il / LA, CASeptember 11, 2014
Excellent experience working with this company; innovative firm that tells compelling stories
Great Culture and Leadership
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2014
A very young company with a great culture and work-life balance.
Smart talent, especially in Washington, DC office
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 25, 2014
Growing company, fast-paced, smart people. The pace is fast, work/life balance doesn't exist and senior most leadership not transparent. This company is not for everyone.
Largest global public relations firm
Executive Vice President - General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2014
Fast moving firm with exceptionally smart partners across the globe. Edelman is committed to forward thinking, research and shifting perceptions of the communications industry. Work/life balance can be difficult for some -- a bit like drinking from a firehose. It's a competitive atmosphere and culture -- inside and outside the walls.
Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2014
Only leaving this great place because I am relocating to Atlanta.