Eden Housing Employee Reviews

I love working at Eden Housing!
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Eden Housing so far has been an amazing organization to work for! The benefits are amazing! My supervisor and my department has been wonderful, supportive, and helpful. The training/development department is fully engaged in the training experience and always working on new technology for training. The company culture- employees genuinely like each other and appreciate each other. My work is satisfying and I can see room for growth within the company in the future.
Pros
Training, Room for Growth, Amazing Benefits
Best Place to Work
Executive (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Eden Housing is truly a Best Place to Work. Not only has the organization received that award several times, it is also a best place in practice each day. Eden staff work hard each day to get their jobs done; however, this generally does not involve a lot of overtime nor weekend involvement. I personally enjoy coming to work everyday because my co-workers really care about what we do and care about the people we serve. We have a very diverse workforce and a genuinely welcoming environment. The input of all staff are regularly requested and valued.
Pros
Free gym membership, prizes, team and people focused
Central Office Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Eden Housing is a great place to work. Employees are passionate about their work, the "thank you" culture here recognizes all employees, and leadership is transparent.

The benefits are quite generous with a free membership to 24 Hour Fitness, free medical and dental coverage, and affordable vision coverage.

I would recommend a friend to apply to Eden Housing in a heart beat.
Pros
great people, culture of recognition, benefits
Cons
commute
Building was clean always
Property Manager- Downtown River Apartments (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 30, 2016
rents, yearly recertifications, enjoyed the coworkers, evicting residents is the hardest thing to do, seeing the relief and smile on a residents face knowing they can move in,,
Pros
good pay and healthcare
Cons
not enough support from PM's
Great place to gain experience along other hardworking professionals.
Human Resources/ Recruiting Summer Intern (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 29, 2016
Eden Housing is great! I am currently a paid summer intern – which can often be a rarity. I admire how much my input is really valued by my supervisors and peers, and love seeing my ideas put into action. Every day is something new, which becomes challenging but is one of the fun reasons to work here. Another thing I truly love is the emphasis on work-place health. Eden has been voted one of the “Best Places to Work” and “Healthiest Employers” multiple years running, and it definitely shows! Every Friday in the corporate office we do an “office walk” to get outside, chat and take in the fresh air, along with other competitions that result in prizes for being outdoors, etc. The people are super friendly and hardworking, and it doesn’t hurt that there is often free food for all employees in the kitchen!! Woohoo! Happy I choose Eden to gain some more experience.
Pros
Often free food, weekly office walks, and a free gym pass for Full-Time employees
stressful but good
janitor/night manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 21, 2016
opening up doors letting the residents in laundry rooms cleaning offices and grounds and some maintenace
the management was very micro managed
a few of my co workers was awesome
the hardest part was having alot of things and not enough time
Pros
health benefits
Cons
not long enough lunch break, micro managed
Productive and full of opportunities
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Seaside, CAMay 15, 2016
It was a great place to volunteer. Co-workers were really nice and helpful. There weren't any challenges and enjoyed volunteering for them.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
NA
The Worst Company to work for
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Cypress Glen Hayward, caDecember 19, 2015
No support from upper management, property manager does not even train you on your first day. Very unfair the way an employee is treated at Cypress Glen Apt.
Property manager goes into units taking pictures while resident is sleeping on cough trying to get the resident evicted. breaking fair housing laws. I would not recommend this company to anybody.
Pros
N/A
Cons
new employees not trained properly
Working At Eden
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CANovember 12, 2015
Typical day at work starts off with cleaning the property, then following up on work orders if there is any. Once work order do come in we try to complete them A.S.A.P. The housing is well managed and maintained and everybody within the company is friendly.
The hardest part about the job is probably also the best part and that is how fast passed the property I work at is, it helps the day go by faster.
Pros
All holidays off.
Cons
Training
Fun Company to work for
Property Manager / Resident Manager On-Site (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAJanuary 27, 2016
This company really cared about the residents and the employees. We had many recognition's and gatherings. Many bonuses and raises. The residents come first with this company. I love that.
Pros
good pay, increases
Cons
healthcare

Want to know more about Eden Housing?

Ask a question
Del Nido Apartments
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 16, 2016
My God !The Manager! The People!!!
Feel bad for the Maintenance crew how she treaties them!!!
If they last!! life is life.
My God.
Pros
Fresh Air
Cons
Bad Karma
Fast Pace Corporate office
Development Accountant (Former Employee) –  HaywardMay 16, 2013
Eden housing is a non-profit company. The development accountant Job description, reads like a senior position, but it is really a hourly position. There are four levels of management,
many hours of meetings. A company that has been in business 45 years is in need of organization.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Many layers of management, Paper work does not flow
maximum benefits
Coordinator/Maintenance Tech II (Former Employee) –  Dublin/Livermore,Ca.January 1, 2013
Daily rewards with meetings the needs of tanants and daily pride in property curb appeal. Each day I wanted to be at work and took accountability for my properties operations and appearance.
Pros
work pride
Cons
far too many changes that impeded property functions.
Loved the enviroment
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, Ca.April 19, 2013
I loved being an assistant property manger! It was fun, the onsite manager was sweet and fun. I enjoyed putting daily rental applications together, answering the phone, filing, mail, bank deposits, showing open units for prospective renters.
Amazing property
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 21, 2014
A gorgeous property to work and live at. The residents are what make this property the beauty it is.