Eden Housing Employee Reviews

Keeping up the paper work was hard worked with tax credits
Apartment Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 6, 2017
Enjoyed working at Eden Housing, they rewarded their managers
with different activity's to show their appreciation for a job well done, they give the managers an apartment to live in without charge it goes with the package and want you to live on site.
Great
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 5, 2017
It was a great experience for me working at Eden Housing. The company was great and I loved that they do work on life-time balance. I learned a lot and the staff is really kind.
Great work culture
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 26, 2017
Learned a lot with plenty of opportunities for working in diverse projects. The brick culture is phenomenal. It does get very busy and overwhelming at times, specially during audits.
There is a reason why we are voted Best Place to Work
Associate Director of Talent Development (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 4, 2017
Every day presents new challenges. But Executive team is open to new ideas and creative solutions. I started as a regional manager (property supervisor) and was allowed to use my skills to advance. I now lead the Talent Development (TD) department, responsible for training and helping each staff member get the learning they need to support strategic goals.

Since we are a fast-growing company, management has been tumultuous at times. But candid, humble and creative managers succeed here. Managers who are stuck in a rut or resistant to change...not so much.

Our employees rated our company culture as busy, challenging and fun. With FUN being the number one word used to describe. So true. The culture is light-hearted and jovial. A lot of diversity in the staff. Great energy. We work very hard but celebrate accomplishments.

The hardest part of my job is keeping open to change at all times. But that has also been the most enjoyable part of my job...as Eden Housing has supported the learning I need to be successful. They make sure I am well-armed to succeed sending me to classes and conferences to keep our TD department leading edge.
Pros
Free gym membership, 13 paid holidays, rarely any overtime, weekends free, located off of BART line, great parties, great people, incentive-based training system, great live work balance, promote-from-within culture
Cons
Dressing up in full super hero costume only allowed on Fridays
Good supervisors, fun place to work
On-Site Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 16, 2017
Enjoyed the trust given to let you work independently. Had ample healthcare, ample education. Helpful when needed. Most enjoyable part of the job were the residents. Hardest part of job was the loss of good residents
Great company to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 3, 2017
Eden Housing is a great organization to work with. The management care, promote and support healthy environment for their staff, i enjoy have free super gym membership through my work.
we have training dept that support the growth of us with the company and making sure that we are up to date.
Pros
staff appeciation cruse, free gym membership, 401K, free medical, training dept, scholarship for higher education
Best Place to Work
Executive (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Eden Housing is truly a Best Place to Work. Not only has the organization received that award several times, it is also a best place in practice each day. Eden staff work hard each day to get their jobs done; however, this generally does not involve a lot of overtime nor weekend involvement. I personally enjoy coming to work everyday because my co-workers really care about what we do and care about the people we serve. We have a very diverse workforce and a genuinely welcoming environment. The input of all staff are regularly requested and valued.
Pros
Free gym membership, prizes, team and people focused
Central Office Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Eden Housing is a great place to work. Employees are passionate about their work, the "thank you" culture here recognizes all employees, and leadership is transparent.

The benefits are quite generous with a free membership to 24 Hour Fitness, free medical and dental coverage, and affordable vision coverage.

I would recommend a friend to apply to Eden Housing in a heart beat.
Pros
great people, culture of recognition, benefits
Cons
commute
I love working at Eden Housing!
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Eden Housing so far has been an amazing organization to work for! The benefits are amazing! My supervisor and my department has been wonderful, supportive, and helpful. The training/development department is fully engaged in the training experience and always working on new technology for training. The company culture- employees genuinely like each other and appreciate each other. My work is satisfying and I can see room for growth within the company in the future.
Pros
Training, Room for Growth, Amazing Benefits
Great benefits.
Consultant though Renoir Staffing Agency (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 31, 2016
This organization offers great benefits. However, lacks in training and communication. Quite a bit of favoritism, if you are liked by upper management your chances of promotion are greater than if your a hard worker.
Benefits
Cons
favortism
Building was clean always
Property Manager- Downtown River Apartments (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 30, 2016
rents, yearly recertifications, enjoyed the coworkers, evicting residents is the hardest thing to do, seeing the relief and smile on a residents face knowing they can move in,,
Pros
good pay and healthcare
Cons
not enough support from PM's
Great place to gain experience along other hardworking professionals.
Human Resources/ Recruiting Summer Intern (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 29, 2016
Eden Housing is great! I am currently a paid summer intern – which can often be a rarity. I admire how much my input is really valued by my supervisors and peers, and love seeing my ideas put into action. Every day is something new, which becomes challenging but is one of the fun reasons to work here. Another thing I truly love is the emphasis on work-place health. Eden has been voted one of the “Best Places to Work” and “Healthiest Employers” multiple years running, and it definitely shows! Every Friday in the corporate office we do an “office walk” to get outside, chat and take in the fresh air, along with other competitions that result in prizes for being outdoors, etc. The people are super friendly and hardworking, and it doesn’t hurt that there is often free food for all employees in the kitchen!! Woohoo! Happy I choose Eden to gain some more experience.
Pros
Often free food, weekly office walks, and a free gym pass for Full-Time employees
Productive and full of opportunities
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Seaside, CAMay 15, 2016
It was a great place to volunteer. Co-workers were really nice and helpful. There weren't any challenges and enjoyed volunteering for them.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Na
stressful but good
janitor/night manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 21, 2016
opening up doors letting the residents in laundry rooms cleaning offices and grounds and some maintenace
the management was very micro managed
a few of my co workers was awesome
the hardest part was having alot of things and not enough time
Pros
health benefits
Cons
not long enough lunch break, micro managed
Del Nido Apartments
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 16, 2016
My God !The Manager! The People!!!
Feel bad for the Maintenance crew how she treaties them!!!
If they last!! life is life.
My God.
Pros
Fresh Air
Cons
Bad Karma
Fun Company to work for
Property Manager / Resident Manager On-Site (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAJanuary 27, 2016
This company really cared about the residents and the employees. We had many recognition's and gatherings. Many bonuses and raises. The residents come first with this company. I love that.
Pros
good pay, increases
Cons
healthcare
The Worst Company to work for
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Cypress Glen Hayward, caDecember 19, 2015
No support from upper management, property manager does not even train you on your first day. Very unfair the way an employee is treated at Cypress Glen Apt.
Property manager goes into units taking pictures while resident is sleeping on cough trying to get the resident evicted. breaking fair housing laws. I would not recommend this company to anybody.
Pros
N/a
Cons
new employees not trained properly
Working At Eden
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CANovember 12, 2015
Typical day at work starts off with cleaning the property, then following up on work orders if there is any. Once work order do come in we try to complete them A.S.A.P. The housing is well managed and maintained and everybody within the company is friendly.
The hardest part about the job is probably also the best part and that is how fast passed the property I work at is, it helps the day go by faster.
Pros
All holidays off.
Cons
Training
Amazing property
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 21, 2014
A gorgeous property to work and live at. The residents are what make this property the beauty it is.
Fast Pace Corporate office
Development Accountant (Former Employee) –  HaywardMay 16, 2013
Eden housing is a non-profit company. The development accountant Job description, reads like a senior position, but it is really a hourly position. There are four levels of management,
many hours of meetings. A company that has been in business 45 years is in need of organization.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Many layers of management, Paper work does not flow