The primary purpose of this position is to lead small, medium sized networking engagements across diverse industries. This individual must a possess a consulting mindset, capable of explaining business impact of different network architectures. He or she will work closely with the customer’s technical, functional and business groups to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of systems solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives.
The Eden Level III Systems Engineer is responsible to provide technical services and execute project tasks for assigned accounts. This includes, but is not limited to, the specific responsibilities outlined below.
- Achieve target utilization rate of 85% or more.
- Adhere to Eden policy & procedure regarding ConnectWise ticket management & time entry.
- Provide remote, onsite and/or telephone IT support for our customer base including support of desktops, servers, and basic network issues. This includes break/fix, root cause analysis, and implementation of preventative measures.
- Provide customers with effective escalation & internal collaboration for tickets to the Eden APM or other Eden resources when unable to resolve issues.
- Provide onsite Peace of Mind customer site visits as scheduled by Eden’s Resource Coordinator or Account Project Managers.
- Create prompt, clear, concise & effective communications to Eden customers and teams.
- Document customer's technical environment & contribute to customer &/or technical wiki as required.
- Identify and report areas for improvement within a customer’s technical environment.
- Act as a point of escalation for Helpdesk and peer support for other members of the Professional Services engineering team.
- Adhere to Eden Change Management Procedures, contribute to & update Eden's customer wiki.
- Participate in customer projects and meetings as required, executing assigned project tasks within timeline and budgeted hours.
- Provide Eden Account Project Manager updates on assigned task status; escalating issues impacting deliverables, timeline or customer expectations.
- Adhere to Eden’s policy & procedure regarding attendance & punctuality, to office & customer
- Work with consulting vendors & partners as required.
- Participate in Eden internal projects and company meetings as required.
- Maintain technical certifications as required.
- Assist members of Sales Team as needed (research, participation in calls, contribution to SOW’s).
- Adhere to Eden Technologies Policies & Procedures
- Install, configure and manage Windows Server Operating Systems,
- Install configure and manage Microsoft Server Products – Exchange, SQL, IIS, Hyper V
- Install, configure and manage Active Directory, Group Policy Objects and shared network resources
- TCP/IP veteran with additional deep understanding of DNS, DHCP, and WINS from a design and troubleshooting perspective
- Scripting and Powershell is a plus
- Heavy hands-on and architect experience with MS Exchange (2000, 2003, 2007, 2010)
- Experience with end-to-end message flow and third party internal and hosted messaging security solutions
- Cisco routers, ASA Firewalls, and Sonicwall TZ product lines.
- Experience configuring site-to-site VPN’s with Cisco and Sonicwall products
- Able to configure managed switches, VLAN, and QoS
- Experience with Cisco VOIP solutions
- Ability to architect an office for 100 users including LAN/WAN fault-tolerant design, as well as workstation builds, server builds, phones, and networks
- Experience configuring failover circuits
- Expertise in identifying and troubleshooting Telco problems (Copper and Fiber)
- Knowledgeable in network cabling, client side configuration and wireless options
- Hardware savvy with hands-on experience with RAID and other fault tolerant architectures
- Security focused with a deep understanding of RSA, encryption options, and penetration testing
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with ability to work under pressure
- Skilled at creating quality documentation, mail flow diagrams and network diagrams for complex, multisite environments
- Ability to communicate with clients in a professional manner, troubleshoot client’s technical issues and deliver a high level support experience.
- Self-starter with high energy and drive to meet the needs of a demanding customer environment.
- Ability to think creatively as well as adapt and contribute to changing environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with both customer and Eden resources.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Associates degree and at least 5 years of related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Eden Technologies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Eden Technologies is an IT consultancy that addresses the challenges of delivering critical business data and applications to employees and...