EDF Renewable Energy Employee Reviews

Good Consulting Experience
PI System Consultant (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 4, 2017
I worked remotely with a small team in the San Diego office. Our team comprised of genuine and capable people. Culture is casual and very positive. I'm glad to have the opportunity to work with them.
Good place to work for on the Business side
SAP Supply Chain Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2017
Good place to work for to learn about the renewable energy industry and to understand the different business segments from Corporate, Generation, Development and O&M.
Pros
Renewable Energy experience
Instrumentation & Control Technician (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ColoradoJune 29, 2017
I learned a great deal about the gas industry I had good managers I worked for also they gave great training for their employees also they had great benefits package
Great benefits, can be fun job, but management is questionable
Wind Technician (Current Employee) –  IllinoisApril 27, 2017
Very unique job. Company finally pays comparable wages to other wind companies. Specific sites vary due to how competent management is, some are great sites and others are terrible. I have learned a great deal about wind turbines, and really do enjoy my job. Management and the weather are what keeps me for giving this company a five star (I know the company cannot control weather, but management doesn't always abide by the company policies in regards to weather). I would recommend someone to this company, perhaps as a starter to get your feet wet as a wind tech.

Techs are told they are going to only do 1 tower a day on annual and semi annual maintenances but it always turns into 2 towers a day. Then when the site gets audited on towers and a poor score is received management wonders why we can't do our job. They are sending 2 techs to clean 2 towers in 7 hours, when other companies send 3-4 techs to do one tower in 12-14 hours. Does anyone else see an issue?
Pros
Good pay, great health insurance, parental leave
Cons
Management is hit or miss, closing sites down due to contracts, over kill on some policies.
Company has great potential
Management (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2017
Company has great potential, not capitalizing on proper business planning. Needs guidance to properly run, management has a "toss a dart" decision mantality
benefits
Cons
Sr Management
Benefits
IT Technical Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 7, 2017
The medical benefits are amazing, free for the entire family no matter what the size, they are lenient on taking leave for personal reasons as well as medical
benefits
Cons
management
Interesting Work Culture
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2017
This company is very poorly run. They do not pay well, yet they do offer excellent benefits. The CEO is a horrible boss. He causes a lot of drama and silos throughout the company due to his arrogance.
benefits
Cons
Senior Management
Worst collaboration experience ever
Business Intelligence Engineer, TRUalytics (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2016
The IT and business are not collaborate at all. No training and documentations. You are completely on your own to figure out things.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No collaborations across different function and department. It is difficult to get things done.
O&M Devision was great with a terrific culture.Not so much any more
Operations Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  IowaNovember 2, 2016
O&M Division was great with a terrific culture, not so much any more.
EDF Renewable energy facilities represent a substantial investment. No one understands this better than EDF Renewable Services. Our 30 years of experience make us a trusted leader in the renewable energy industry. Our dedicated team actively manages over 4 GW of wind, solar, bioenergy, and storage projects in North America, bringing a depth of experience and expertise to every project to ensure ongoing profitability for project owners and investors.

By choosing EDF Renewable Services as your Asset Manager, you are choosing a partner with an owner-operator sensibility and a proven history of successful project performance.
Pros
100% of the family health and dental insurance is paid by EDF. Zero out of pocket
Cons
O&M executive Managers, are all Engineers, have no social skills or humanity, They will work a month to save a penny, when Dollars are blowing out the window, They could care less because nobody can see it on paper, . If your not a engineer, then you know nothing, You are a low life servant, Tech's want respect not more money.
There's a lot to fix
Manager (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 8, 2016
Pay is sub par, benefits are actually really good. The biggest benefit is that you can't get fired unless you show up to work intoxicated or steal from the company.

There is no room for advancement unless you're part of the club. If you are, you don't have to meet minimum job requirements. Overall, management is the worst I've seen in my career. They are top heavy and are adding more management positions.

There's no training, whether it's for the job you're doing, the one you're being asked to do or one you might be interested in. It's not a place to grow and have a career. It is a great place to start your career, gain some experience and leave.

Yearly reviews are based on popularity. Metrics or even objective observation don't happen. Most people don't really work throughout the day. Everyone just kind of hangs out, some things get done and fires are put out as they come up.

I didn't enjoy working there. I did like my co-workers. Most of the people there are pleasant to be around and want professional development, including challenging work, but the company doesn't support them.

It would be nice if EDF could get their act together. There is a lot of potential in the company.
Benefits
Cons
No path for advancement, employee morale, no training
Busy office with no security to employees
C&I sales and support (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 26, 2016
If you are willing to work sun up to sun down with no training, this is the place for you. There is no job structure and employees are expected to take on any and all duties with little training.
Huge company that's getting bigger. Job security
Advanced wind turbine technician (Former Employee) –  Birds Landing, CASeptember 22, 2016
I worked for edf for 8 years as a wind turbine technician in California. Overall it was a good job, not many can say their day starts at 80 meters up a tower. Pay was OK. Should be about 30% higher for technicians I had to part with them because I realized it was not a career I could retire on.
Pros
Yearly bonus. PTO for vacation and sick. Guaranteed 40 hrs a week
Cons
Pay for experienced technicians too low
Work culture was good and learned a lot.
SAP Accounts Payable Assistant - Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 14, 2016
The work culture was good, people were very helpful. Learned a lot from other team members. Management was good, helpful and understanding. Co-workers were helpful. I worked on a contract basis for a month, so didn't go through any hard part. The most enjoyable part of the job was worked in the field which i wanted to, learned new things while working.
Pros
work time
Great safety culture with great employees and management to work with.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Harleyville, SCJuly 27, 2016
Great place to work safety is excellent, management allows for professional development and learning. Benefits were great pay was lack luster really the only draw back was the pay the rest of the job is great one of the best places I have ever worked. I learned a lot about safety and the operations of a power plant. My coworkers were the best and the managers were as well.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
pay
Overall very nice place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 25, 2016
They allow a lot of flexibility with the schedules and work/life balance. I was able to learn a lot from co-workers who are industry leaders and very nice people.

Most of the management was nice to work with and co-workers were equally knowledgeable and enjoyable to work with.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to do the job because training was difficult because everyone has a very large work load.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture and people. The culture pretty much has a "work hard, play hard" mentality that can be a lot of fun.
Pros
"work hard, play hard" mentality
Cons
lack of training and extremely heavy workloads
Laid back renewable energy company
Regulatory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 16, 2016
It depends what department. Some departments are better organized than others. The pay is not competitive with the rest of the industry, but benefits are good. Employees are very competent but leadership is lacking.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pay is "meh", leadership is lacking, poor communication
Good health benefits, horrible management
Site Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Medicine Bow, WYJanuary 18, 2016
Okay place to work to start in the industry. Health benefits are good.very vague with company policys. Expctations are a bit unrealistic alot of time.
Abusive on all levels, stressful, no training, low pay
Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2016
You are expected to put in 50-80 hours and get paid for 40. The pay and pay raises are empty promises. The pay is well below average. There is zero advancement. The management is clueless and harassment from management goes unabated. Expect to be treated as sub-human. The daily work is chaotic, mis-managed, micro-managed, and stressful.
Pros
Work for anyone else. Good 401K
Cons
expect to be treated as sub-human
A good place to work, with great people.
Wind Technician (Current Employee) –  Hobart, OKOctober 2, 2015
The Rocky Ridge Site is a great site. I was able to gain a lot of experience, and knowledge. As with all climbing jobs, there were ups and downs!
Pros
The benifits are very good.
Cons
I would have liked faster raises.
Great flexible work environment and good place to start career.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2015
A good company to work for especially as you start your career. The company is very business oriented, really a property development company which builds power plants of all shapes and sizes. Very fast paced, great for young professionals. As you progress however you find a company without an identify that rarely develops a quality project.
Pros
Good pay. Friendly Upper Management. Good HR
Cons
Middle Management. No clear path for advancement Not very eco-friendly, Poor IT department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EDF Renewable Energy. Our community is ready to answer.