EDF Renewable Energy Employee Reviews

Abusive on all levels, stressful, no training, low pay
Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2016
You are expected to put in 50-80 hours and get paid for 40. The pay and pay raises are empty promises. The pay is well below average. There is zero advancement. The management is clueless and harassment from management goes unabated. Expect to be treated as sub-human. The daily work is chaotic, mis-managed, micro-managed, and stressful.
Pros
Work for anyone else. Good 401K
Cons
expect to be treated as sub-human
A good place to work, with great people.
Wind Technician (Current Employee) –  Hobart, OKOctober 2, 2015
The Rocky Ridge Site is a great site. I was able to gain a lot of experience, and knowledge. As with all climbing jobs, there were ups and downs!
Pros
The benifits are very good.
Cons
I would have liked faster raises.
Great flexible work environment and good place to start career.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2015
A good company to work for especially as you start your career. The company is very business oriented, really a property development company which builds power plants of all shapes and sizes. Very fast paced, great for young professionals. As you progress however you find a company without an identify that rarely develops a quality project.
Pros
Good pay. Friendly Upper Management. Good HR
Cons
Middle Management. No clear path for advancement Not very eco-friendly, Poor IT department
Good and Challenging work environment
Regional HSE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tracy CAMay 5, 2015
Renewable energy is very exciting and continually growing, whether it is wind, solar, or biomass fuels everyday was very challenging as EDF has sites all over the U.S. and in Europe and Canada.
Just ok.
IT Data Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2015
They never hire and most of their IT workforce are consultants. The company has created a culture that accepts stealing from other employees and allows disrespect by FTE's towards consultants.
Terrible management
Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  McFadden, WYMarch 11, 2015
Terrible pay, no room for advancement, narcissistic managers, and all around terrible place to work. This company will try and get you to work for them be making empty promises.
Pros
Cons
everything
Work life balance was difficult as the site was 3.5 hours from home.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2015
A typical work day was approximately ten hours daily with 24/7 responsibility to insure efficient Wind Turbine operation. Enjoyed managing an experienced staff and taking input regarding efficient Wind Park operational decisions. Difficulty scheduling major component repair and replacement due to weather circumstances and contractor availability.
Pros
use of company car
Cons
work life balance
alot of comany events family environment
Windmill technician (Former Employee) –  byron caAugust 22, 2014
loved this job learned alot had to quit due to school commitments
Intense
SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST (Former Employee) –  San DiegoJune 26, 2014
The company is not process driven, structurally it is on the scale of a start up company.
1. Can be very chaotic
2. Analyst skills in developing reports for business segments
3. Micro managing - can be unapproachable ( maybe isolated)
4. pleasant
5. Continuous interruption, no structure, lack of processes and procedures.
6.Managing projects
Pros
pleasant coworkers
Cons
can be stressful
Fair work/life balance. Good step in the door company.
Field tech (Former Employee) –  Out thereMay 22, 2014
Pay sucks. Cheap company. You can be bright smart and ambitious and you will have to scrap for any little peice of raise you can get. Start around 18 and get a buck after a year if you'll lucky and it's precisely the same year after year. Sups tops out about 25. I'm being the the websters dictionary def. not the co. Def. of transparency. Techs rely on one another middle/upper management doesn't have a clue. Could be different in other states regions but don't expect a healthy fair pay. No formal training. Just daily Safety/ technical training given by inexperienced techs cause of high turnover or a sup that wasn't good enough or had no better place to go to will be training you. To be fair to EDF you'll find good techs and get a bit of experience. Health benifets and 401 are great. Again pay sucks and it won't improve. There a more cons but I've said enough. There are a few more tiny perks but again I have said enough and they are minore.
Pros
very good health care, 401
Cons
pay is a stagit stinking pond
A productive and nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allendale, SCJuly 22, 2013
* A typical day would be for me to arrive in the mornings, clock in ad go straight to work. First and foremost to make sure that I have all of the "plant drawings" printed it that are sent to me through email. EDF-RE is a nationwide company so therefor I can receive drawings even when I am not on typical work hours.
* What I have learned - How a powerplant works, which is most interesting.
* Management - at EDF-RE I have multiple bosses, but never a problem. I get along with all of them wondefully and we all work well together.
*My bosses are my co-workers, other then them, its just me.
* The hardest part of the job i would say is the FULL understanding of a power plant. It would take years to fully understand every part. There are so many.
*The most enjoyable part of the job: great bosses & plenty of coffee to go around! :)
gOOD eXPERIENCE
Senior SAP FICO Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San DiegoFebruary 28, 2013
vERY GOOD wORK EXPERIENCE. get to try different things.
Support tickets
Sap Implementation
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Challenging work environment
Manager O&M and Generation Applications (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2012
The environment is constantly changing requiring an individual to be extremely adaptable. Fast paced. Not a place for an employee who requires a highly structured environment