EDF Renewable Energy Employee Reviews in United States

Good company to work for. They did awesome employee appreciation days, gave bonuses, and had excellent benefits
Wind Technician/Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  O'Donnell, TXApril 2, 2016
We show up and get the plan of the day. We then climb the tower we are assigned and perform maintenance or repairs. My bosses were great, the job was stable, and the benefits are great. The training was lacking and the pay was insufficient for me to stay.
Pros
room for advancement, great benefits
Cons
lower end pay for wind techs, lack of training
Abusive on all levels, stressful, no training, low pay
Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2016
You are expected to put in 50-80 hours and get paid for 40. The pay and pay raises are empty promises. The pay is well below average. There is zero advancement. The management is clueless and harassment from management goes unabated. Expect to be treated as sub-human. The daily work is chaotic, mis-managed, micro-managed, and stressful.
Pros
Work for anyone else. Good 401K
Cons
expect to be treated as sub-human
Good health benefits, horrible management
Site Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Medicine Bow, WYJanuary 18, 2016
Okay place to work to start in the industry. Health benefits are good.very vague with company policys. Expctations are a bit unrealistic alot of time.
A good place to work, with great people.
Wind Technician (Current Employee) –  Hobart, OKOctober 2, 2015
The Rocky Ridge Site is a great site. I was able to gain a lot of experience, and knowledge. As with all climbing jobs, there were ups and downs!
Pros
The benifits are very good.
Cons
I would have liked faster raises.
Overall very nice place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 25, 2016
They allow a lot of flexibility with the schedules and work/life balance. I was able to learn a lot from co-workers who are industry leaders and very nice people.

Most of the management was nice to work with and co-workers were equally knowledgeable and enjoyable to work with.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to do the job because training was difficult because everyone has a very large work load.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture and people. The culture pretty much has a "work hard, play hard" mentality that can be a lot of fun.
Pros
"work hard, play hard" mentality
Cons
lack of training and extremely heavy workloads
Questionable Management Practices
RENEWABLE ENERGY WIND TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Operations and MaintenanceJanuary 18, 2016
The larger company as a whole is very good and I have nothing bad to say but every site is very different and it is very easy to have poor management exist and not be very obvious to the higher ups.
Pros
The company is experiencing growth
Cons
poor work life balance
Laid back renewable energy company
Regulatory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 16, 2016
It depends what department. Some departments are better organized than others. The pay is not competitive with the rest of the industry, but benefits are good. Employees are very competent but leadership is lacking.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pay is "meh", leadership is lacking, poor communication
Great flexible work environment and good place to start career.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2015
A good company to work for especially as you start your career. The company is very business oriented, really a property development company which builds power plants of all shapes and sizes. Very fast paced, great for young professionals. As you progress however you find a company without an identify that rarely develops a quality project.
Pros
Good pay. Friendly Upper Management. Good HR
Cons
Middle Management. No clear path for advancement Not very eco-friendly, Poor IT department
Fair work/life balance. Good step in the door company.
Field tech (Former Employee) –  Out thereMay 22, 2014
Pay sucks. Cheap company. You can be bright smart and ambitious and you will have to scrap for any little peice of raise you can get. Start around 18 and get a buck after a year if you'll lucky and it's precisely the same year after year. Sups tops out about 25. I'm being the the websters dictionary def. not the co. Def. of transparency. Techs rely on one another middle/upper management doesn't have a clue. Could be different in other states regions but don't expect a healthy fair pay. No formal training. Just daily Safety/ technical training given by inexperienced techs cause of high turnover or a sup that wasn't good enough or had no better place to go to will be training you. To be fair to EDF you'll find good techs and get a bit of experience. Health benifets and 401 are great. Again pay sucks and it won't improve. There a more cons but I've said enough. There are a few more tiny perks but again I have said enough and they are minore.
Pros
very good health care, 401
Cons
pay is a stagit stinking pond
Work life balance was difficult as the site was 3.5 hours from home.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2015
A typical work day was approximately ten hours daily with 24/7 responsibility to insure efficient Wind Turbine operation. Enjoyed managing an experienced staff and taking input regarding efficient Wind Park operational decisions. Difficulty scheduling major component repair and replacement due to weather circumstances and contractor availability.
Pros
use of company car
Cons
work life balance
A productive and nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allendale, SCJuly 22, 2013
* A typical day would be for me to arrive in the mornings, clock in ad go straight to work. First and foremost to make sure that I have all of the "plant drawings" printed it that are sent to me through email. EDF-RE is a nationwide company so therefor I can receive drawings even when I am not on typical work hours.
* What I have learned - How a powerplant works, which is most interesting.
* Management - at EDF-RE I have multiple bosses, but never a problem. I get along with all of them wondefully and we all work well together.
*My bosses are my co-workers, other then them, its just me.
* The hardest part of the job i would say is the FULL understanding of a power plant. It would take years to fully understand every part. There are so many.
*The most enjoyable part of the job: great bosses & plenty of coffee to go around! :)
Terrible management
Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  McFadden, WYMarch 11, 2015
Terrible pay, no room for advancement, narcissistic managers, and all around terrible place to work. This company will try and get you to work for them be making empty promises.
Pros
Cons
everything
Just ok.
IT Data Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2015
They never hire and most of their IT workforce are consultants. The company has created a culture that accepts stealing from other employees and allows disrespect by FTE's towards consultants.
Good and Challenging work environment
Regional HSE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tracy CAMay 5, 2015
Renewable energy is very exciting and continually growing, whether it is wind, solar, or biomass fuels everyday was very challenging as EDF has sites all over the U.S. and in Europe and Canada.
Stressful place to work
Supply Chain Analyst/Project Management (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2015
Resistance to implement and maintain solid processes and procedures. No consistency in task requirements.
Start up company mentality
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Lack of solid processes and procedures
Small office; good diversity of employees
Manager, Communications (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJanuary 14, 2014
Office is in transition, and in process of moving HQ to another city. Great people to work with and all working toward common goal of representing EDF Group in the U.S.
The commute was tough, but I got to the office early to beat most DC traffic.
I enjoyed the research and analysis of entire U.S. energy industry - finding information useful for possible strategic developments. Intelligent, hard-working co-workers. It was a pleasure to work with them.
Started as a great company but changed with new management.
Senior Payroll Accountant (Former Employee) –  North Palm Springs, CAFebruary 17, 2014
I loved my job. The employees were fantastic. My job was wonderful and very rewarding. It was very very very busy.
Pros
Fellow Employees wonderful.
Cons
Management not realistic in expectations. Didn't get back-up until over 500 employees.
Intense
SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST (Former Employee) –  San DiegoJune 26, 2014
The company is not process driven, structurally it is on the scale of a start up company.
1. Can be very chaotic
2. Analyst skills in developing reports for business segments
3. Micro managing - can be unapproachable ( maybe isolated)
4. pleasant
5. Continuous interruption, no structure, lack of processes and procedures.
6.Managing projects
Pros
pleasant coworkers
Cons
can be stressful
Great office environment. Great compnay to work for.
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INAugust 23, 2013
Great company to work for. Co-workers and management were all great to work for.
alot of comany events family environment
Windmill technician (Former Employee) –  byron caAugust 22, 2014
loved this job learned alot had to quit due to school commitments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EDF Renewable Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

EDF Renewable Energy Reviews by Location