Seeking Bakery Café Managers
If you enjoy working in an upscale, fast paced, fun environment where team work is expected, not just encouraged, and where customer satisfaction is your top priority, Edgar’s Bakery might be a great career choice for you.
Our Bakery Café Managers develop a team of dedicated, fun people who deliver a world class customer experience while maintaining a high level of business performance. Our Bakery Café Managers are empowered and encouraged to operate their Bakery Café with an “I own it” attitude and are responsible for all operations in their location.
We believe excellence in all areas produces a superior product and customer experience that will encourage all team members to be their best, at work and in their personal life. We believe a day at work should be challenging, worthwhile and rewarding when “done right.”
- Promotes a team mentality in all aspects of operations. Provides feedback and coaching to all team members and communicates the goals clearly and the work needed to achieve those goals. * Always looks for ways to team members to grow in their positions and train for the next level in their career.
- Promotes a respectful and energetic work environment where the customer is alwways first and the team works together to accomplish this goal.
- Has a sense of accountability to themselves and to other team members to strive for excellence in all aspects of their professional and personal life.
- Holds everyone in their organization accountable for their results on this goal.
- Requires team members to adhere to strict guidelines regarding store cleanliness, food safety, and sanitation.
- Exemplify excellence in guest service and continually trains team members in ways to improve the Edgar's experience in everything from excellent food, an enjoyable & clean environment, personalized service with a sense of urgency, and treating each guest as the most valuable part of the company.
- Encourage and drive sales by executing Edgar's standards with excellence and requiring all team members to do the same.
- Suggest and implement marketing initiatives to increase customer awareness and increase sales.
- Lead and delegate directives and processes that control labor and food costs.
- Hold every team member accountable in their responsibility to be efficient and to "do it right" the first time.
- Ensure preventative maintenance and cleanliness is followed as directed by health officials in a manner that far exceeds requirements and exemplifies excellence in that area.
- Look for opportunities to engage team members in setting and achieving goals that will increase profits for the company.
- Reviews Bakery profit and loss statement.
- Develops and implements sales and merchandising plan for department. Oversees product presentation and merchandising.
- Determines production requirements.
- Checks quality and consistency of finished product.
- Adjusts positively to change in direction or assignment.
- Is able to focus on multiple tasks during a work shift.
- Responds professionally to constructive criticism from management.
- Adjusts work schedule as necessary to meet business needs.
Essential Skills and Experience
- High-School diploma or GED
- At least three (3) year's supervisory experience in a food service or retail environment OR one (1) year's experience and a bachelor's degree in a food service or business-related field
- Proficiency in Windows-based computer programs
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong customer service background
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to company values
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation after Year of Service
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical & Dental Group Insurance Available
- Meal Allowances
- Closed on Sundays
About Edgar's Bakery
Edgar's Bakery has been locally owned and operated since its first bakery opened in 1998. Edgar's currently has 4 locations: Colonnade, Greystone, Patton Creek, and Pelham. Edgar's has won "Best Bakery" for 6 consecutive years according to the Birmingham News, and it is solely because of the talents and determined work ethic of each and every one of our employees.
Edgar's offers competitive wages and benefits, challenging and rewarding experiences, advancement opportunities, and a fun work atmosphere. Some of these benefits include group health insurance for full time employees, training and professional development in the workplace, and paid vacation time for full time qualified employees.
All Edgar's locations are closed on Sundays and open from 6:30am-6:00pm Monday through Saturday