EDGECOMBE COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere and friendly staff
Workforce Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 1, 2017
I would normally begin with updated information in the mainframe and conducting follow-up with current students. I would also identify students that could benefit from supportive services and proceed with negotiating contracts for these services. I would conduct case management and make classroom visits to monitor student's progress. Staff was the friendliest, my Director was very intuitive, wise, and demonstrated the characteristics of a good leader. The hardest part of the job was to adjust to changes on the state and local levels when implementing policy. The most enjoyable part was seeing our student's graduate and becoming employed.
Pros
State benefits, cutting edge professional development
Cons
Informed late regarding new businesses to the area
Edgecombe Community College
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 3, 2016
Greet visitors upon entering building, build report with visitors and students, answer multi-telephone line, sign visitors and students in and out of library. Assisted staff and facility when needed. Always willing to help with any task, no task is to difficult, work with little or no supervision
Pros
Love working with the public and students
Cons
It was part-time
Community College Atmoshere
Research Associate for Institutional Effectiveness (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCSeptember 17, 2016
Working with staff, faculty and students was a rewarding experience and I learned much about the community college accreditation procedures as well as evaluations of staff, faculty and students.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Productive and an excellent place to work.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCMay 12, 2016
My typical day at work was fun and exciting. I loved working for my supervisor. I enjoyed entering the data and helping my supervisor out so she would not fall behind on any of her work. This job was a work-study program through the college, so I learned a lot from it.
A very interesting place to work
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 9, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was to he students with their financial aid to go to school. I felt like I was accomplishing something by getting students finances taken care of ,so that they could start classes on time with no problems.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Cut off date for enrolment
Productive and refreshing workplace
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCJuly 22, 2015
Assisting classmates with finding research resources within the library, troubleshooting difficulties within word documents and learning new technology and software was a very rewarding experience.
Productive and fun place to work.
Manager was not available (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 7, 2015
I worked in three different areas at Edgecombe Community College. I worked (10) years with the Financial Aid Department and (6) years as a Receptionist/Bookstore Assistant. I would recommend Edgecombe Community College, as a place willing to help staff workers and their students.
Laid Back, Fun, Family Environment
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 1, 2015
A typical day of work would include me helping the students, faculty and staff on a continual basis; whether it was checking in or out books or equipment, finding resource materials, or helping with questions for a homework assignment. I learned how to catalog the different books and magazines, I stayed busy for the most part, because I constantly moved around. I pretty much just sat at the front desk, waiting until someone needed me, whether it be a student or even one of my supervisors. I would assist the head librarians with the inventory of the books and magazines, and also with setting up different displays of the new books that came in. I absolutely loved this job because even though I was just a work study student, they made me feel as if I was a part of their family, and they got involved IN me, making sure that I stayed on the right track. Every one of my supervisors were caring women, and made it easy for me to talk to them, about anything.
Ecc
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 3, 2014
Prepared folders and maintained files for newly admitted students. Handled, processed and distributed confidential student information. Scheduled and confirmed appointments for students. Consistently praised by management for the attention to detail, exemplary customer service delivery and team player attitude.
productive and helpful
Bookstore Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 21, 2014
I learned how to read labels, how to make labels, how to ring up customers on the cashier and how to do work. My co workers and my management team was great. The hardest part of the job was unloading the trucks and opening the boxes up and restocking. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the job is done and you can sit down and relax.
Good place to work!
Job Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 18, 2013
My coworkers were the best part of my job. I also traveled to different locations every week which I liked!
Excellent College/Enjoy working with students and staff.
Office Technology Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 10, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others. It is very rewarding. A typical day involves grading assignments, maintaining student files and attendance, assisting students with their assignments and assisting co-workers with additional duties. I do not consider anything difficult about the job because I really enjoy my work.
This college gave me a new out look on life
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 18, 2012
Wish I would have completd the classes I set my goal for but I had to return to work andthe times interferred with my work schedule
Pros
it help me relize that i could do what ever i sat mind to do
Cons
i just did stay with the goal i sat for myself
Great place
Part Time Information Technology Systems Staff (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCApril 18, 2012
Fun days, never a dull moment. Worked with a lot of great people that were not afraid to ask for help if needed.
Pros
friendly people
Great Place to Work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCMarch 22, 2012
I enjoyed teaching and meeting new people. The staff was very helpful. Working at Edgecombe Community College was one of my best jobs.
Pros
diversity environment
Cons
short assignment
Friendly and enjoyable work atmosphere
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, North CarolinaDecember 16, 2011
I enjoyed my time working at Edgecombe. This job was enjoyable to work at and was flexible with my college schedule. I gained experience working with different people everyday. It was a priviledge working there.
Pros
friendly employers and employees, efficient and timely service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EDGECOMBE COMMUNITY COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4